International Squints - A forum for all the non-US Bones fans!

Bones18

[101]Dec 3, 2007
    • level: 10

Christy1994 wrote:
    Hii I'm Christine
    Lol looks like I'll be the only Egyptian over here...LoL I'm unique I've never been to the Pyramids though... So I live in UAE (for those of you who don't know, it's the country that contains Dubai).
    Time slot is HORRIBLE!!!! Bones airs at 12:00 pm and I don't even think they aired the first season finale. And as if the time slot isn't horrible enough, the channel that airs BONES edits all the cute scenes (like kisses, bed scenes etc.) it edits everything it considers offensive, while it's NOT offensive. So I just finished blabbing

Welcome Christine! OMG, they cut the kisses out of the episode? That's awful! What about when BB kiss?

Judy23 wrote:

Hello guys..!!
    My names is Judy, I'm from Panama, in Central America.. it's a very small country between Colombia and Costa Rica, we have both oceans at our sides, so imagine.. a lot of beaches, rivers.. water!! =D

I'm a big fan of Bones since the first season, I really enjoy every chapter and its great that we can change opinions internationally =D

By the way.. "non-american" I born and live in the American Continent, US Citizens are americans too, but also are Canadians,Mexicans.. I don't know if you understand what I mean, anyway..

Awesome group =D

Welcome! And yes, we are an awesome group! J/k....okay, not really!
    I know what you mean, you're not the first to pint out the question about who is american or not...and I apologize for that...it was force of habit, really, cuz here in Portugal, we usually call US citizens americans I would change the title of the forum but I don't know HOW or IF I can!

And just to clear another subject, in case a US citizen reads this: I have nothing against you...in fact, I hope to live in the US 2 years from now, so...it's one of my fave countries, okay?

Now, something more important:

100 POSTS!! YAY! My post will be nº 101! YES!

We should have a party!

cakeor pink cake

sodas or if you like this best: flutes

And in honor of our own resident greek (or italian, should I say?) GOD, we have some cherry pie and apple pie!

cherrypieHmmmmmmm

applepieYummi!!

So, did you like it? IT's not over yet, bring more stuff if you want to! Our 100th post is worthy of a BIG PARTY! (Congratulations, Judy, you were the lucky one to do that post!

Bye
    Su

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Angel2408

[102]Dec 3, 2007
    • level: 9
    Wyldbird wrote:
    Angel2408 wrote:

Hey Ziva, I am from Germany, too, and I totally agree that the timeslot for Bones is not suitable enough to attract the entire demographic. They could have it easily in the 9pm slot and move CSI to 8 pm, drop the stupi Cobra 11 instead. But I'm working really hard introducing more people to the show.

And I agree about the dubbing, why can't they do what other European countries are doing, like showing it with subtitles. That way much more people would learn english, so educational benefit is a given. And although the german voices of B/B are not nearly as bad as dubbed actors in other shows ( Prison Break comes to mind ), you can't beat out Emily and David's voices. Besides, if they are translating they should at least get it right. Did you notice the scene in "Aliens in a Spaceship" where Angela is telling Booth "that putting testicles on the outside seemed to be a mistake" was changed into "Wir sollten jetzt besser nicht ueber Religion reden". WTH????

The probelm with subtitling is that so many of the broadcast stations hire people who don't have a clue about English to do the subtitles. I could do a better job than most of the Dutch subtitling companies, and my Dutch isn't yet fluent. I hear the English, and watch the subtitles, and it's as if I'm having two completely unrelated shows sometimes. They're especially bad with numbers and names.

I'd much prefer watching the original version without subtitles.

I agree with you that it doens't matter if you do subtitles or dubbing, they should use people who KNOW what they are talking about. Unfortunately they don't do it for either. But if I have to choose between listening to a bad translation, knowing what they were actually saying in English or listening to English but reading wrong things - I would always choose subtitles because they are way easier to ignore for me. Of course, the best version is the original without subtitles or dubbing.

Christy1994

[103]Dec 3, 2007
    Well if it weren't for the blessed internet I wouldn't see them. I can see the 2 characters advancing, but the the entire kiss is cut and you only see them seperating

BonesCSIaddict

[104]Dec 3, 2007
    • level: 2

Hi international bones fans,

Here another Christine, this time from the Netherlands. Seems I am the first...which is surprising as Bones is very popular here. Luckily they are sweet enough to air bones on a reasonable hour (20.30), but they are only halfway the second season right now. Because I want to keep up to date, I decided that I will just DL every epi as it airs in America. I just do not want to wait...hate waiting. Its already bad enough that we have to wait over the Christmas holidays right now...getting bones withdrawalsymptoms

Anyways, I am happy there are other Bones fans out there that do not live in the US. Best thing is, I am kind of a squint myself, getting my PhD in virology and all... So thanks bones, for making me feel more 'normal'

LOVE

Christine

ZivaDavid1990

[105]Dec 3, 2007
    • level: 12

I'm sorry for talking about Americans when I only mean Us citizens. i do that too, sometimes.
    Anyway, if you want to change the name you have to edit your first post i think. never did that but heard of it.

And yay for the 100th (and more) post. I would like some apple pie

And for dubbings and subs. When i tried to catch up with bones, ncis and house i had to watch about a whole season that hadn't aired here yet. And if you don't watch the eps right a few days after they aired there are often subs when you find the eps. I watched the shows with nearly every sub possible (wonder why there was never german subs)
    There have been spanish, portugese, italian, dutch, french and even chinese or japanese ones. You either learn to do both, reading the subs and understanding the spoken things (it was funny to translate english in german, or at least understand what they are saying and see what portugese people would say and if i would recognize anything of the written stuff) or you just learn to ignore the subs. But i think it's fun watching shows with subs that are not you motherlanguage I don't know either of this languages, just learned latin and english (of course) and I'm a noop in latin and i don't think there's anyone whos able to do latin subs xD

Bones18

[106]Dec 3, 2007
    ZivaDavid1990 wrote:

I'm sorry for talking about Americans when I only mean Us citizens. i do that too, sometimes.
    Anyway, if you want to change the name you have to edit your first post i think. never did that but heard of it.

And yay for the 100th (and more) post. I would like some apple pie

And for dubbings and subs. When i tried to catch up with bones, ncis and house i had to watch about a whole season that hadn't aired here yet. And if you don't watch the eps right a few days after they aired there are often subs when you find the eps. I watched the shows with nearly every sub possible (wonder why there was never german subs)
    There have been spanish, portugese, italian, dutch, french and even chinese or japanese ones. You either learn to do both, reading the subs and understanding the spoken things (it was funny to translate english in german, or at least understand what they are saying and see what portugese people would say and if i would recognize anything of the written stuff) or you just learn to ignore the subs. But i think it's fun watching shows with subs that are not you motherlanguage I don't know either of this languages, just learned latin and english (of course) and I'm a noop in latin and i don't think there's anyone whos able to do latin subs xD

Please, take a slice of the pie! Actually, tae all you want!

I tried more than once to watch english shows with subtitles in other languages...usually German or French and it's kinda fun actually! Although I had 3 years of French classes, I understood almost zilch of it!

Bye
    Su

PS - Thanks for the tip about the title!

Bones18

[107]Dec 5, 2007
    So, what have you guys been doing? I'm almost at the end of my school term (thankgoodness!) and I can't wait for the Holidays!

Bye
    Su

ZivaDavid1990

[108]Dec 5, 2007
    • level: 12

I'll have school till friday 21th i think. At the moment we are in an exam-phase. we had lotsa exams in september and now againexams in all subjects. about 11 at all i think, 2-3 a week. Tomorrow there will be chemistry and on friday politics exam. I hate it! Well, I like chemistry, but i hate writing exams.
    And I'mat work2 days a week. Therefore I won't be able to learn for politics tomorrow. First i'll have 6 hours school, then2 hours english conversation club with the american exchange teacher at our school, then 2 hoursPE (basketball, LOVE it!!) then i'll run home and take a shower and then i'll go to work. When i'm home it's 9 pm and csi, then bones and then prisonbreak are about to start.

But well, besides that i'm pretty excited. Bones brought me into christmas mood. I'm listening to christmas songs and i'm watching bones over and over (bet you all do too ).
    We have a nice christmas market here where i'm often to drink some mulled wine. (There are even mulled whine candies, i love them!)
    And I'm about to buy a lot of presents for my family. Unfortunally i really don't know what to buy for my boyfriend. But well, there's still some time.
    And of course there are a lot of christmas-partys. Either at the christmas market or at some friends houses. There's a lot to do at the weekends December is never boring!
    (and of course I'm looking forward to my holidays from work)

And there's new years eve soon. I'm debating with my family a lot, if i'm allowed to partyat homeor not. they said i'm only allowed to have 10 friends here. but we are 13 (with me 14) people who want to party together. Hope they will change their mind. That would be a pretty cool party i think!

Ok, now i want to hear what you're all about to do

Edited on 12/05/2007 12:32pm

LisaHouse

[109]Dec 5, 2007
    • level: 8

Hi again!

Actually my name is Margariga (Meg if you prefer!), i'm really happy for this! It's fascinating how many people is here, so many countries!

Deixo-te aki dois sites fixes para sacares episodios (caso o teu pc melhorar!):

http://onseries.blogspot.com

e

http://seriesfree.blogspot.com

It's very funny talk in english, nevertheless my inglish is bad!

So, congratulations for everything!

kisses

(já agora de que zona de portugal és?)

BonesCSIaddict

[110]Dec 6, 2007
    • level: 2

Hi everybody,

For me this December is not really festive... I have to graduate in January and am stressing to get everything finished in time. Spending hours behind my pc and all. Don't even have time to watch Bones again... Luckily here in Holland we had 'sinterklaas' yesterday (Bones mentioned it in Santa in the Slush). So lots of presents and sweets and fun and a break from work. Now its working again until Christmas day, so little time to come in Christmas mood. Then again, in January I will be graduated and have two months off before I start working on my PhD. (On my way to become a perfect Squint )

Love

Christine

Christy1994

[111]Dec 6, 2007
    I'm currently doing my term 1 exams...it's crazy, I'm always online though. Well not next week I won't be...all difficult subjects are next week

Official_squint

[112]Dec 6, 2007
    • level: 13
    hey guys, just thought ide come and say hi from england, i havent read all the previous posts so i dont know how many more english folk there are! buts it amazing the array of countried we are all from, all sharing the love of one fantastic show!

tv_daydreamer

[113]Dec 10, 2007

OOOOH! We represent every continent! I think...anybody here from South America? Then that's all we need, one South American and we have the set.

And CONGRATS to the forum's 100 post!

*holds up champgne flute* I'm just toasting with this since I have an exam this evening and I need to keep a level head.

May our posts be many and our love for Bones shine bright!

EDIT: Carioca22 is from Brazil! So that's every continent except Antartica and that one doesn't count! YAYS!!! Oh, wait, any North Americans? Like Canada and places like that? Lemme go check.

EDIT: T_Brennan is from Canada! And there are a lot of South Americans here. How did I miss that?

So we have:

North America

Central America

South America

Africa

Asia

Austrailia

Europe

The Caribbean (i.e. ME!!) We span the globe!!!

Edited on 12/10/2007 9:46am
    Edited 3 total times.

iheartBooth

[114]Dec 10, 2007
    • level: 8
    tv_daydreamer wrote:

OOOOH! We represent every continent! I think...anybody here from South America? Then that's all we need, one South American and we have the set.

And CONGRATS to the forum's 100 post!

*holds up champgne flute* I'm just toasting with this since I have an exam this evening and I need to keep a level head.

May our posts be many and our love for Bones shine bright!

EDIT: Carioca22 is from Brazil! So that's every continent except Antartica and that one doesn't count! YAYS!!! Oh, wait, any North Americans? Like Canada and places like that? Lemme go check.

EDIT: T_Brennan is from Canada! And there are a lot of South Americans here. How did I miss that?

So we have:

North America

Central America

South America

Africa

Asia

Austrailia

Europe

The Caribbean (i.e. ME!!) We span the globe!!!

Next step: WORLD DOMINATION! Mwahahahahahaha

I think our flag as rulers of the world should picture a shirtless booth

Official_squint

[115]Dec 10, 2007
    oh im deffo loving the shirtless booth flag idea!

nan008

[116]Dec 10, 2007
    • level: 16
    Hi people I'm Nan and I'm Polish currently in Ireland which tank GOD has FOX on Sky because Polish TV showed first and is on the second season at the moment, I would go mental if I would have to wait that long to see season 3 - well I watch Bones at 2 am but it is worth the effort every time! Hope u all enjoyed the Xmas episode (well I'm little bit disappointed with the kiss cutting but u cannot have everything), anyway just thought I drop quick hello, I'm watching the board for quite some time but joined as a member recently.

Bones18

[117]Dec 10, 2007
    OMG, Bones RULES the world! Let's take over and destroy every other show!! Muhahahahaa! J/K, that wouldn't be nice...because then I'd lose other shows I like too!

And I love the flag idea! Maybe someone with photoshop could do it!

Btw, welcome, Nan!

bye
    Su

Official_squint

[118]Dec 10, 2007
    *wishes she had photoshop*!!!

Bones18

[119]Dec 10, 2007
    Official_squint wrote:
    *wishes she had photoshop*!!!

LOL *wishes she has photoshop too* WE NEED A FLAG! It should probably say "International Squints" and "Bones"!!

More ideas? And candidates?

tv_daydreamer

[120]Dec 11, 2007
    Our official Anthem will be Hot Blooded, of course. We can sing it while we're storming Jericho! Get it? Jericho?

J/K!