Is Bones being cancelled after this season??

DavidBarro

[1]Oct 30, 2012
    • level: 4

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I was a regular poster here... Going through a lot of recovery struggles, but I'm a little worried about the show. It seems it's being postponed and put off a lot these days, and what with last season being a half-season, I worry that FOX might cancel it. Does anyone know for sure whether it's going to still be around for a 9th season??

Cry

I've been watching the show on DVD over from the very beginning, and I totally forgot how much I liked Season 2. Coming to think of it, I kinda wish Dr. Brennan hadn't left Sully, or maybe that they'd have had him not actually go away. Thinking about it, I liked him a lot. I like him better for Brennan than Booth, only because I think maybe the mystique and intriguearound the Booth and Bones partnership has now become a lot more transparent and, dare I say, a little banal.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Geri08

[2]Oct 31, 2012
    • level: 31

Great to see you again on the Forum. Hope you are recovering much better now. From what I have heard and read (via HH, SN and others) Bones is expected to be back for a 9th season. You never can tell, but I do not think that they will cancel Bones after this season. From my own experience, a season always starts slow and builds and gets better. I am hoping that S8 exceeds expectations. I have to admit too (like alot of other fans) I was delighted to see the back of Sully as he sailed away...And we have all wanted (well most of us) BB to get together for so long...I actually feel that they should have done it sooner...but better late than never, I say! I am happy with how things are going with them...that's what relationships in general are like, the good, the bad and the banal (at times)...But they are our BB and I love them. Hope S8 exceeds your expectations and you are happy with Bones again soon.

BarryWeen3

[3]Nov 4, 2012
    • level: 14

Don't forget that Bones and other FOX shows are always interrupted in the Fall Season by the MLB Playoffs, hence the hiatus during October.

DavidBarro

[4]Nov 6, 2012

Geri08 wrote:

Great to see you again on the Forum. Hope you are recovering much better now. From what I have heard and read (via HH, SN and others) Bones is expected to be back for a 9th season. You never can tell, but I do not think that they will cancel Bones after this season. From my own experience, a season always starts slow and builds and gets better. I am hoping that S8 exceeds expectations. I have to admit too (like alot of other fans) I was delighted to see the back of Sully as he sailed away...And we have all wanted (well most of us) BB to get together for so long...I actually feel that they should have done it sooner...but better late than never, I say! I am happy with how things are going with them...that's what relationships in general are like, the good, the bad and the banal (at times)...But they are our BB and I love them. Hope S8 exceeds your expectations and you are happy with Bones again soon.

Thank you Geri.. All the rough periods in my recovery seem to line up with my "marathon stretches" of watching Bones. The easy times line up with "one a night" watching.

I'm glad to hear that there's not more talk of the ending of it all. Frankly, I hope it keeps going even past 9! I was an avid follower of The X-Files and it all happened in similar ways there, too. People were of two main camps: the "shippers" who wanted the Mulder-Scully relationSHIP, and those who were against it. The show really went through so many writing struggles, so I guess there could be considered to be some parallels because some people feel that Bones has been suffering since the BB thing.

I guess I should say that I was never unhappy with Bones... maybe I just complain "louder" than most, or that I'm "morbidly" in-depth about the few complaints I have. Mainly it's that this "kid" Palant does not look like serial killer material at all. He's got the genius part down, but nothing else really comes through. That, and I'm tired of the "rotating squintern" thing. I wish they'd just settle on one already. Well, actually, I wish that they'd bring back Zack!! It saddened me a great deal that Zack's pride wouldn't allow him to give Sweets permission to at least tell the others that he wasn't the one to physically kill the Lobbyist.He did not understand that, just like in the case of Brennan allowing herself to be the "bogeyman" for her dad's trial, the FBI would have to file new charges against Zack (which they wouldn't do!) in order to put him back in jail (instead of the institution). But make no mistake about it, I still love the show!!

I just worry about all the people complaining that the show is tired, worn out, jumped the shark, etc.

haldrey

[5]Nov 8, 2012
    • level: 22
    I hope to see it back for at least a couple more seasons. Bones is always entertaining, some are saying that it has lost its magic, I say no it have just evolved.

Writerpatrick

[6]Dec 5, 2012
    • level: 13
    Bones has run 150 episodes so it can't have too many more seasons left. I could see this being the last season, but I suspect that next season would be it's last. And if you think of the shows that have lasted this long, how many of them have done it with the same cast? It might make it to season 10, but I really can't see it going past that.

FAN-of-FANGS

[7]Dec 10, 2012
    • level: 3

And dont forget that the seventh season had only 13 episodes because the actress who playes Brennan was pregnant in real life to! Good for her!!

And that was the biggest reason why they are finally together now wasb/c the writers didnt know how else to explain her pregnancy and deal with it. So, yay 4 that!!

And i you all remember in the sixth season, B and B never actually slept together - I mean they didnt show it in the season. When they found out about B´s pregnancy they put the famous ¨Booth, I´m pregnant.¨ sentence in the end of the sixth season.

Have fun watchin´ bones!! ))

FAN-of-FANGS

[8]Dec 10, 2012
    • level: 3

Oh, and NO - the show isnt being cancelled!!!!

Writerpatrick

[9]Apr 1, 2013
    • level: 13
    "renewed through the 2013-14 season (the show's ninth) on 1/8/13" - The Futon Critic

Although I'm not sure how many episodes this season will have. Some sources list 26 while others list only 24. I think it was originally planned to have 26 (22 + 4 from last year) but may be cut back to 24 (20 + 4).

allisondubois

[10]Apr 21, 2013
    hi they rewed bones for season 9 and wedding at the end of season 8 and there are two episodes are going air in season 9

allisondubois

[11]Apr 21, 2013

hi they rewed bones for season 9 and wedding at the end of season 8 and there are two episodes are going air in season 9

Wiseguy70005

[12]Jul 18, 2013
    • level: 14

FAN-of-FANGS wrote:

And i you all remember in the sixth season, B and B never actually slept together - I mean they didnt show it in the season. When they found out about B?s pregnancy they put the famous ?Booth, I?m pregnant.? sentence in the end of the sixth season.

Actually they did show it. Or implied that they slept together after Vincent Nigel-Murray was killed. Booth was comforting Brennan and one thing led to another. Then afterwards, we saw Brennan telling Angela that they had slept together.