Noooo! Bones moving to Fridays!!

Mr_Ozzy

[1]Nov 8, 2007
    • level: 35

If the strike goes on for much longer Fox has shuffled the schedule around.

One of these moves is moving Bones to Fridays at 8 starting January 4th.

Source: Matt Roush
    http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Roush-Dispatch/Chaos-Theory-Fox/800026768

This sucks I hope this wont affect the show too badly if it goes ahead.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

friendsidol5

[2]Nov 8, 2007
    • level: 13
    i was bummed when i heard this but then i remembered that FOX hardly ever sticks to their scheduling plan, especially since most of their new shows don't make three episodes...

here's to hoping

DesertRose61093

[3]Nov 8, 2007
    • level: 15
    yeah well it was suppossed to move to fridays last year but as we all know it didn't so hopefully the same thing will happen this season..

Angel2408

[4]Nov 8, 2007
    • level: 9
    I also was bummed when I read this, but I try to console myself that FOX has threatened to do this every year so far. Besides The X-Files were in the Friday night slot too, so I try not to worry too much.

Carolinapereira

[5]Nov 9, 2007
    i just hope this don't make bones get cancelled :/

BlueTyger

[6]Nov 9, 2007
    • level: 10
    if it's cancelled I'll burn FOX to the ground (not seriously but...)

AddictedToBones

[7]Nov 9, 2007
    • level: 5
    BlueTyger wrote:
    if it's cancelled I'll burn FOX to the ground (not seriously but...)
    Fridays are like Fox's dumping grounds! When ever they move a show to Fridays it ends up canceled! If that were to happen to Bones I would be serously depressed. And I am with you in regards to the fire thing... Or am I?

TVcompFrEaK90

[8]Nov 9, 2007
    • level: 12
    yeah I only watch Ghost Whisperer and the new vamp show Moonlight on CBS on Fridays, but Fox doesn't have anything good that day, which is today. Right now they give the next great american band and don't forget the lyrics, so that doesnt sound good.

Angel2408

[9]Nov 10, 2007
    Matt Roush corrected himself in his blog and said he was confused by FOX's press release. Starting on January 4 Bones will move to Fridays with reruns. So there is still hope that once the strike is resolved and new episodes are produced that they won't end up there.
    Edited on 11/10/2007 12:15am

Melismay

[10]Nov 10, 2007
    • level: 6

But isn'tBones like thisreally popular show? I on't know how about the USA, but in the Netherlands it is

hmfrongillo

[11]Nov 10, 2007
    • level: 14
    wait, Angela im confused by what you're saying. Bones will show re-runs on Fridays, and the normal show time will still be on Tuesdays? 
    Isnt that the way its always been? whever I was able to i used to watch the re-runs very happily on friday night, but then I started working

Angel2408

[12]Nov 10, 2007

hmfrongillo wrote:
    wait, Angela im confused by what you're saying. Bones will show re-runs on Fridays, and the normal show time will still be on Tuesdays?
    Isnt that the way its always been? whever I was able to i used to watch the re-runs very happily on friday night, but then I started working

Matt Roush is not explicitly saying if Bones will stay on Tuesdays for new episodes. But he says on the second page of the comment page under that article posted above that the episodes that will start airing on Fridays in January will be reruns. I think it is unclear for the moment because of the strike. Like you said, last season they had reruns on Friday nights, too, and at first everybody was worried that new episodes would be airing there, too, but in the end the show stayed in its Wednesday night timeslot. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that it will be the same this time around.

carioca22

[13]Nov 10, 2007
    • level: 15

Everything is so uncertain... I think the strike will be long and by end of november or beginning of december there will be no more new episodes.

That said reruns on fridays in january are a good deal, it keeps the show alive in peoples minds for a while longer.

My guess is that Bones is going to have a short season this time since this strike promisses to be long.

So sad...

hobochua

[14]Nov 10, 2007
    • level: 6
    This kind of protracted strike will not be beneficial to anyone..yeah eventually they will get a raise but i doubt so......The viewers will become hapless ..soon people will give out on the shows....

Angel2408

[15]Nov 11, 2007
    carioca22 wrote:

Everything is so uncertain... I think the strike will be long and by end of november or beginning of december there will be no more new episodes.

That said reruns on fridays in january are a good deal, it keeps the show alive in peoples minds for a while longer.

My guess is that Bones is going to have a short season this time since this strike promisses to be long.

So sad...

I agree. I don't believe the issue is going to be resolved anytime soon. The pressure of losing too much money by this strike on the studios has to increase a lot. Then they might find a way back to the negotiation table. I've read somewhere (don't know whether this is correct)that Bones has produced up to episode 9 and written scripts up to episode 12. But as Hart Hanson is on the picket lines, too, as he is writer and producer, it is possible that there won't be new episodes finished. Other shows, like Greys Anatomy or Desperate Housewives have already ceased production.

I am totally in favor of reruns, even on Friday nights to keep people interested in the show. And sadly, I have to agree once more, that i don't believe the season will have the ordered 22 episodes but will be cut short

mrs_booth

[16]Nov 11, 2007
    • level: 12
    Bones will no longer appear on FOX's schedual after Feb 29th

AddictedToBones

[17]Nov 11, 2007
    mrs_booth wrote:
    Bones will no longer appear on FOX's schedual after Feb 29th

WHAT?!?! Where did you find that? Everything I have seen on the internet so far has said that the show will be going to re-runs on Fridays. Are they just going to show the frist 12 episodes again and then stop all shows?

Daisyd2008

[18]Nov 12, 2007
    • level: 8
    Simmer Down Guys Just Simmer Down. Mat Roush diddnt say anything about bones being cancelled. and as for you Febraury 29th Problem its just talking about for now you guys have to remember that Feb is like 3 months away and I'm sure that the Writers strike will be over by the time we get to Feb. They would never cancel bones....Bones is like there 5th biggest show on fox following American Idol,Simpsons,House, and Family Guy. I highly doubt that they would cancel bones this early. I mean I know that fridays are killer to shows i mean when CBS switched Las vegas to Fridays @ 10 i thought the show would have been a goner for sure But actually the show I think is doing even better then when it was on on mondays. so as of right now I think that we are safe. And if the networks hold out on the writers any longer they are going to start losing even more money than if they were to pay the them to write new episodes. So Like i said before I think that we are Safe.....For Now

Preboomer

[19]Nov 12, 2007
    • level: 8

Okay everybody take a deep breath, hold it, now slowly exhale. Do it again.

Now chant I love Bones slowly for one minute. Now if we feel better let's check this info out.

Below is a link to info coming from Fox thru its Bones website:

http://theanti-boneyard.aceboard.com/295804-5410-2674-0-Writer-Strike-Affects-Bones.htm

Fox says that Bones is on Fridays because of strike. Don't take my word for it please go to

the link and read.

lilmiss_squint

[20]Nov 13, 2007
    Noooooos! I'm busy on Fridays! This double triple quadruple sucks!