Official Bones Questions & Answers Thread

Geri08

[2321]Nov 3, 2011
    • level: 31
    melindakw wrote:
    I was reading something that says "Booth has proposed to 3 women"
    I get Rebecca and Hannah...but who else? Who did I miss?

Yeah! I think I saw something alright. They mean Bones as the third...but only as in proposing to be with her as against proposing to marry her...I know, confusing!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BarryWeen3

[2323]Nov 3, 2011
    • level: 14

Geri08 wrote:
    melindakw wrote:
    I was reading something that says "Booth has proposed to 3 women" I get Rebecca and Hannah...but who else? Who did I miss?
    Yeah! I think I saw something alright. They mean Bones as the third...but only as in proposing to be with her as against proposing to marry her...I know, confusing!

The source of the "Booth has proposed to 3 women" was inyour post in the Season 7 speculation thread has that vulture.com interview with HH where he states "Booth hasasked 3 women in a row to marry him and they've all said no."

From what I can tell from HH's response, apparently the three women he's asked to marry him and who've all said no are Rebecca, Hannah as Melinda has statedand the third woman is apparentlyBrennan.

I for one cannot remember him asking her, but that's the implications in HH's response in that article. Here's the link that Geri posted in the other thread: http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/11/hart_hanson.html?mid=twitter_vulture

HH's response to the 4th question from the bottom is what leads me to infer Brennan as the third woman.

Geri08

[2324]Nov 4, 2011
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:
    melindakw wrote:
    I was reading something that says "Booth has proposed to 3 women" I get Rebecca and Hannah...but who else? Who did I miss?

The source of the "Booth has proposed to 3 women" was inyour post in the Season 7 speculation thread has that vulture.com interview with HH where he states "Booth hasasked 3 women in a row to marry him and they've all said no."

From what I can tell from HH's response, apparently the three women he's asked to marry him and who've all said no are Rebecca, Hannah as Melinda has statedand the third woman is apparentlyBrennan.

I for one cannot remember him asking her, but that's the implications in HH's response in that article. Here's the link that Geri posted in the other thread: http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/11/hart_hanson.html?mid=twitter_vulture

HH's response to the 4th question from the bottom is what leads me to infer Brennan as the third woman.

You are correct Matt! But I think it was on Twitter where I saw a discussion about what HH says here and it was mentioned that it was Brennan and that it was Booth proposing to be 'with her' rather than marrying her...

BarryWeen3

[2325]Nov 4, 2011

Geri08 wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:
    melindakw wrote:

You are correct Matt! But I think it was on Twitter where I saw a discussion about what HH says here and it was mentioned that it was Brennan and that it was Booth proposing to be 'with her' rather than marrying her...

So I'm assuming that is in reference then to the 100th episode where Brennan turns him down and he then later moves onto Hannah, so then the order would now be Rebecca, Brennan, then Hannah.

Geri08

[2326]Nov 4, 2011
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:
    melindakw wrote:

So I'm assuming that is in reference then to the 100th episode where Brennan turns him down and he then later moves onto Hannah, so then the order would now be Rebecca, Brennan, then Hannah.

You would think so...

shandelina

[2327]Dec 16, 2011
    • level: 1

I've been watching the first season again and Bones mentions in "A Boy in a Bush" that she had worked on the Branch Davidian Compound in Waco. That makes me wonder at which age she started to work as an anthropologist, because believing that the series is set in the present - when Bones is supposed to be thirtysomething - would make her 16/17 during the massacre (in 1993). Do we know anything about her starting to study while still in foster car?

Geri08

[2328]Dec 16, 2011
    shandelina wrote:

I've been watching the first season again and Bones mentions in "A Boy in a Bush" that she had worked on the Branch Davidian Compound in Waco. That makes me wonder at which age she started to work as an anthropologist, because believing that the series is set in the present - when Bones is supposed to be thirtysomething - would make her 16/17 during the massacre (in 1993). Do we know anything about her starting to study while still in foster car?

Welcome to the Forum...Hmm! Had not thought about this before but you are correct...Given that Bones was very bright, I would assume that she finished her education quicker than most and that she was studying for her degree when she was 17 (she was born in 1976)...Possible that she would have worked at some stage on this site. Interesting.

bonebooth

[2329]Dec 16, 2011
    • level: 5

That was confusing to me too. I never remember Booth actually asking Bones to marry him, just that they should be together. To my way of thinking, that doesn't actually mean the same thing!

shandelina

[2330]Dec 17, 2011
    • level: 1
    Geri08 wrote:
    shandelina wrote:

Welcome to the Forum...Hmm! Had not thought about this before but you are correct...Given that Bones was very bright, I would assume that she finished her education quicker than most and that she was studying for her degree when she was 17 (she was born in 1976)...Possible that she would have worked at some stage on this site. Interesting.

Thank you for your thoughts. Maybe they will come back to a story line about her teenage years from another angle at some point and elaborate on that. Or maybe they already have, so far only five and a half seasons have been shown here in Germany.

Geri08

[2331]Dec 17, 2011
    shandelina wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    shandelina wrote:

Thank you for your thoughts. Maybe they will come back to a story line about her teenage years from another angle at some point and elaborate on that. Or maybe they already have, so far only five and a half seasons have been shown here in Germany.

Good luck with your viewing then shandelina...Maybe they will delve more into her early years some time, but as yet...not!

BarryWeen3

[2332]Dec 17, 2011

Geri08 wrote:
    shandelina wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    shandelina wrote:

Good luck with your viewing then shandelina...Maybe they will delve more into her early years some time, but as yet...not!

Well, there was the high school reunion episode, "The Death ofthe Queen Bee",which showed some more of Brennan's early years when she was in high school.

Geri08

[2333]Dec 17, 2011
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:
    shandelina wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    shandelina wrote:

Well, there was the high school reunion episode, "The Death ofthe Queen Bee",which showed some more of Brennan's early years when she was in high school.

Yeah! Without giving too much away though it was very limited! More focused on the leisure end of things than academics!

BarryWeen3

[2334]Dec 18, 2011

Geri08 wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:
    shandelina wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    shandelina wrote:

Yeah! Without giving too much away though it was very limited! More focused on the leisure end of things than academics!

True, but it still gave us some glimpses into Brennan's younger years. Beyond Brennan revealing information, sporadically, during conversations, we've only had that high school episode, the flashbacks during The Woman in Limbo showing her parents and her brother through her eyes when she was younger, and a yearbook picture. I that's everything, right?

LeytonTLA

[2335]Feb 13, 2012
    • level: 16

hi there i dont use the bones thread but im a huge fan i was wondering if anyone could let me know how many episodes are in this season and whether they are returning next season? Thanks

BarryWeen3

[2336]Feb 13, 2012

LeytonTLA wrote:

hi there i dont use the bones thread but im a huge fan i was wondering if anyone could let me know how many episodes are in this season and whether they are returning next season? Thanks

This shortened season due to Emily's pregnancy and maternity leave was set for 13 episodes and that's what HH planned for. Later on FOX ordered 4 more episodes.

5 episodes aired in the fall, 1 aired as a lead-in to the Bones Spin-off show, The Finder. 7 episodes are left to air at least and Bones returns on April 5.

Now those "bonus" 4 episodes may be part of this season and if so, will run into the summer which was one of the ideas for those 4 episodes as a sort of "mini" summer season. Another possibility is those 4 episodes will be folded into the next season, assuming Bones is renewed and there is nothing official on a Season 8 yet.

Geri08

[2337]Feb 14, 2012

BarryWeen3 wrote:

LeytonTLA wrote:

This shortened season due to Emily's pregnancy and maternity leave was set for 13 episodes and that's what HH planned for. Later on FOX ordered 4 more episodes.

5 episodes aired in the fall, 1 aired as a lead-in to the Bones Spin-off show, The Finder. 7 episodes are left to air at least and Bones returns on April 5.

Now those "bonus" 4 episodes may be part of this season and if so, will run into the summer which was one of the ideas for those 4 episodes as a sort of "mini" summer season. Another possibility is those 4 episodes will be folded into the next season, assuming Bones is renewed and there is nothing official on a Season 8 yet.

There has also been talk on Twitter (aka HH and others) that there may actually be more episodes of Bones to come in Season 7 than originally mentioned....Let's hope so! Also there is obviously alot going on behind the scenes at the moment with regards to S8 because DB has tweeted quite a bit over the last two weeks or so concerning the fact that Bones will be renewed for another season...it's just a matter of when not if.

BarryWeen3

[2338]Feb 15, 2012

Geri08 wrote:

BarryWeen3 wrote:

LeytonTLA wrote:

There has also been talk on Twitter (aka HH and others) that there may actually be more episodes of Bones to come in Season 7 than originally mentioned....Let's hope so! Also there is obviously alot going on behind the scenes at the moment with regards to S8 because DB has tweeted quite a bit over the last two weeks or so concerning the fact that Bones will be renewed for another season...it's just a matter of when not if.

Isn't the more episodes of Bones Season 7 just the bonus 4 episodes that FOX ordered? Or is there possibly more beyond that?

Geri08

[2339]Feb 15, 2012
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:

BarryWeen3 wrote:

LeytonTLA wrote:

Isn't the more episodes of Bones Season 7 just the bonus 4 episodes that FOX ordered? Or is there possibly more beyond that?

Yes...more beyond the bonus four...maybe!

BarryWeen3

[2340]Feb 16, 2012

Geri08 wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:

BarryWeen3 wrote:

LeytonTLA wrote:

Yes...more beyond the bonus four...maybe!

If that's true, then Bones will really have to run into the summer and FOX will have that "summer season" of Bones they were talking about.

And look, we're building our asthetically pleasing boxes of boxes of quotes within each other again.