Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Bones Questions & Answers Thread

mrs_booth

[161]May 23, 2007
    • level: 12
    asaneismRnuTs wrote:

it's right here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ijh1f1 

Ohh! Thanks so much! Limewire doesn't have it!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Collegebound06

[162]May 23, 2007
    • level: 32
    when will reruns start airing this summer? i so desperately want to see eps from the 2nd season like the finale, the vegas ep, the first ep of the season, etc. but unfortunately, right now, i can only watch what i find online and season 1 eps...thanx in advance

Preboomer

[163]May 24, 2007
    • level: 8

Collegebound06 wrote:
    when will reruns start airing this summer? i so desperately want to see eps from the 2nd season like the finale, the vegas ep, the first ep of the season, etc. but unfortunately, right now, i can only watch what i find online and season 1 eps...thanx in advance

I don"t know where you are located.

If you can go to "the futon critic"   under the Showatch tab type in Bones

and it should pull a schedule up for you.  You can use this site for free.

..must join inorder to get some info, but it's free..

Please let me know if this works.

Collegebound06

[164]May 24, 2007
    • level: 32
    ok i live on eastern shore and i actually had my own question answered today when i looked it up on tvguide.com...they have like the 2nd ep from season 2 on friday june 8th at 8...its 2 weeks away but it is such sweet torture to me...thanks for all your help...good news for eastern shore people hopefully...yay

twolucy

[165]May 24, 2007
    • level: 2

Thanks for the link above,  Looks like as of Friday June 8th at 8:00 Re-runs of Bones starts on FOX!!  Can't wait!!

Lucy

Edited on 05/24/2007 9:36pm

i_luv_stuff

[166]May 28, 2007
    • level: 7

Umm... this isn't strictly a bones question, more of a random idea, but i don't want to start a new thread if its only going to die out.

I've been reading a few boards recently and have seen a few 'never-ending sentence' games going around and was wondering if anyone was interested in playing anything like this on here? I didn't want to start one if it's just gonna die but if anyones interested i think it could be quite fun. Anyone interested?

jcmjagfan

[167]Jun 1, 2007
    • level: 17

PetitePrincesse wrote:
    Something's bothering me : Brennan says her parents disappeared when she was 15, and we know it was in 1991, which means she's born in 1976 if i'm not too bad at maths, which is to be checked. And Zack says she got hired in the Jeffersonian in 1998, so she must have been 22 only. And we also know she had a relationship with M. Stires when she was 23, and was his student. Am I the only one to find this impossible to be ?

1. If she was originally hired as a grad. student (like Zach), she could've been taking courses for her doctorate while working at the Jeffersonian.  
    2. She's brilliant, probably graduated early from High School & College, and most than likely has morethan one PhD. She could have been taking some courses just to boost her knwoledge, or for another degree.
    3. OR:  The writers could've messed up the timeline.

oddenthusiast

[168]Jun 2, 2007
    • level: 2
    It may be different here in the UK, but a friend's daughter is planning on embarking on the route to a degree in forensic anthropology. Apparently she has to get certain medical qualifications first and the entire business could take up to twelve years! Surely not the same diploma or the same system....
    Edited on 06/02/2007 1:57am

Ashes2Dreams

[169]Jun 2, 2007
    • level: 6
    I think it depends where you go for your education. Chances are, some places let you take Anthropology sooner than others. And Brennan is a genius, so she probably was able to do that sort of thing younger than a lot of others.

Manu4380

[170]Jun 2, 2007

Is Sully coming back this season?? I heard he's coming back, because he's suposed to come after one year... But other people said that he sailed away, because it was time for the character to leave the show... I'm confused ... Is he coming back on season 3??

PetitePrincesse

[171]Jun 2, 2007
    jcmjagfan wrote:
    If she was originally hired as a grad. student (like Zach), she could've been taking courses for her doctorate while working at the Jeffersonian. She's brilliant, probably graduated early from High School & College, and most than likely has morethan one PhD. She could have been taking some courses just to boost her knwoledge, or for another degree.OR: The writers could've messed up the timeline.

Thank you for your answer I can't help but think that the writers just messed it up, but I won't jump to conclusion

carioca22

[172]Jun 2, 2007
    • level: 15
    Manu4380 wrote:

Is Sully coming back this season?? I heard he's coming back, because he's suposed to come after one year... But other people said that he sailed away, because it was time for the character to leave the show... I'm confused ... Is he coming back on season 3??

It was time for him to leave at that point of the second season. It doesn't mean that he can't come back. I think the writers are going to bring him back even if it's just for one more episode in the future.

jcmjagfan

[173]Jun 3, 2007
    PetitePrincesse wrote:
    jcmjagfan wrote:
    If she was originally hired as a grad. student (like Zach), she could've been taking courses for her doctorate while working at the Jeffersonian. She's brilliant, probably graduated early from High School & College, and most than likely has morethan one PhD. She could have been taking some courses just to boost her knwoledge, or for another degree.OR: The writers could've messed up the timeline.

Thank you for your answer I can't help but think that the writers just messed it up, but I won't jump to conclusion

It would be nice if they were infallible, but humans do mess up once in a while.
    The writers on Criminal Minds made acouple of "oopsies" with Agent Hotchner.  Both in back-story "facts" and the time-line.  There was a tornado of posts with various theories, trying to make everything fit.  Then show's rep actually came right out and said they goofed, and it somehow slipped by the folks that are supposed to double-check that stuff.

ON THE OTHER HAND:
    I know a gal who's not a genius, but definitely has more brain-power than most.  Going for a Pharmacy degree she carried 21 credits during her senior year, inc. labs.  Was pregnant, with bad morning sickness, and was mad at herself when she got a 3.8, instead of perfect 4.0 grade point average.  She completed a 7-year program in 5.

AND
    In the USA, States require "Board Certified" professionals to take Refresher Courses & Tests, every so often to make sure their knowledge is up-to-date, particularly if they work or consult for the State.  (Lawyers, teachers, doctors, medical examiners, etc.)

clairebear_nz

[174]Jun 5, 2007
    • level: 14

Alright, Bones fans, I need your help!

I'm writing an essay for English, and I need to know why you guys like forensics shows/books. I really need opinions, either via PM, my email, or on here!

Please help!

jcmjagfan

[175]Jun 5, 2007

clairebear_nz wrote:
    I'm writing an essay for English, and I need to know why you guys like forensics shows/books. I really need opinions, either via PM, my email, or on here! Please help!

I love puzzles & logic problems & brain teasers, so that may be why I've always loved mysteries.  For me, Forensics shows are the perfect blend of Drama & Mystery, with the added bonus of learning something new.  I love it when we get to catch the bad guy, even better if he gets mangled in some ironic way.  Which may have to do with the fact that in real life, the bad guys sometimes get away. 

When I was younger, I wanted to be a writer, or a Private Detective. I've often thought that I'd make a good detective.  Coroner, or even a Mortician.  Death doesn't bother me like some people, and I'm good at detaching myself from squeamish situations when I have to.  

PetitePrincesse

[176]Jun 6, 2007
    jcmjagfan wrote:
    PetitePrincesse wrote:
    jcmjagfan wrote:

It would be nice if they were infallible, but humans do mess up once in a while.
    The writers on Criminal Minds made acouple of "oopsies" with Agent Hotchner. Both in back-story "facts" and the time-line. There was a tornado of posts with various theories, trying to make everything fit. Then show's rep actually came right out and said they goofed, and it somehow slipped by the folks that are supposed to double-check that stuff.

ON THE OTHER HAND:
    I know a gal who's not a genius, but definitely has more brain-power than most. Going for a Pharmacy degree she carried 21 credits during her senior year, inc. labs. Was pregnant, with bad morning sickness, and was mad at herself when she got a 3.8, instead of perfect 4.0 grade point average. She completed a 7-year program in 5.

AND
    In the USA, States require "Board Certified" professionals to take Refresher Courses & Tests, every so often to make sure their knowledge is up-to-date, particularly if they work or consult for the State. (Lawyers, teachers, doctors, medical examiners, etc.)

I just found something else: in The Girl In The Fridge, Goodman says he hired Brennan two years ago. Sooo, I assume she has been a grad student from another professor (who isn't Stires) between 1998 and 2005. How does that look?

BoothBones4Eva

[177]Jun 6, 2007
    • level: 11
    clairebear_nz wrote:

I'm writing an essay for English, and I need to know why you guys like forensics shows/books. I really need opinions, either via PM, my email, or on here!

Please help!

I didn't like them until Bones started and now I can't get enough of them! I like them because you can try and solve the situation/puzzle while you're watching them, keeping you interested.
    PS. What is and how do you PM someone? lol!

Preboomer

[178]Jun 6, 2007

In "Morgue"Bones says she  has three degrees; later Caroline says of Bones trained in three types of martial arts,

registered marksman with the NRA, hunting license in four states, has two assault charges and shot an unarmed

man.  I think we are just going to have to suspend reality concerning what happened when. She has gone out of

the country many times to help identify bones.  so unless she has Hermiones time turner then we just have to

accept what they say and not analyze it.  At some point in time writers will probably  resolve it in the script.

dIgGiNgUpBoNeS

[179]Jun 8, 2007
    • level: 7
    clairebear_nz wrote:

Please help!

I like Forensic shows/books because of the mystery, suspense, logic thinking, and I also just find it very interesting.

TBones22

[180]Jun 10, 2007
    • level: 10
    Preboomer wrote:

In "Morgue"Bones says she has three degrees; later Caroline says of Bones trained in three types of martial arts,

registered marksman with the NRA, hunting license in four states, has two assault charges and shot an unarmed

man. I think we are just going to have to suspend realityconcerning what happened when. She has gone out of

the country many times to help identify bones. so unless she has Hermiones time turner then we just have to

accept what they say and not analyze it. At some point in time writers will probably resolve it in the script.

she could have done martial arts as a teenager. after she moved in with her grandfather. she could have gotten her hunting licenses as a teen too but as far as im concerned, those classes arent too time consuming so she could have done that anytime in her life. i dont know just my thoughts
    Edited on 06/10/2007 8:45am