Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Discusion - 6x02 - The Couple in the Cave

neokid0298

[41]Oct 1, 2010
    • level: 8
    Most guidos tend to have italian heritage, but none of them are true italian i.e. related to members of the local mobs/mafia

If they DID act like that, they would be...... punished
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

penelope1985

[42]Oct 1, 2010
    • level: 21
    http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/01/tv-ratings-thursday-my-generation-crashes-30-rock-steady-most-shows-fall/65945

Ratings:
    Bones only fell 7% from the premiere week. Although it was clearly second during the 1st half-hour again TBBT it was almost tied in the second half-hour with S**t my dad says.

carioca22

[43]Oct 1, 2010
    • level: 15

Geri08 wrote:
    Just to add...I loved the scene with Bones laughing over Cam thinking that Hannah could affect her work...Just loved her smile and laugh! Also the little BB speach at the end before Hannah arrived...Knew that was coming...How could Booth have possibly meant it when he said that he loved her (although he did not actually say it, it was inferred)...How quickly he has moved on! Does not do anything for poor Bones to believe that love is eternal as Booth would have drummed into her over the years...Tsk tsk Booth...That is going to be one you are going to be fixing/reinforcing 'til the day you die!

I'm very glad they brought it up. How the fast moving on/loving another woman deconstruct the concept of love on Brennan's mind.

It's only fair she has returned to her rationalization of love. She was getting so close to believe in love... and now back to square one.

I guess now that they are distant it's going to be hard for Brennan to figure things out because she can't rely on Booth as much as before.

So far I see no chemistry between BB. I guess that's how it should be since Booth is trying as hard as he can to move on. The question is... when he'll stop fighting. Oh he'll have such a hard time convincing Brennan about his love from now on...

How much I cringed in this ep. This is definitely one of those I'm not watching again.

I never hated Hannah, I still don't. The consequences of her presence are very hard to watch tough.

And Brennan talking about her dream/ fantasy about Booth... she's giving a lot of hints of change. Too bad Booth is not listening anymore.

Geri08

[44]Oct 1, 2010
    • level: 31
    Thinking a little more about...

'One night, you and me, girls night only, we'll dish about Seeley'...

What comes to mind is 'What's ours is between us' line! I would imagine that Bones will be very much against talking to Hannah about Booth too much...She values what is her's and her's alone with Booth too much, especially now! Also thought that Booth would be very much thinking that line too...What he and Bones has, even without the sex, is so much more than what Hannah and he could ever have and I think on some level, trying to move on or not, Booth knows that...

And thinking about all this too just reminded me of something else I forgot to mention already...The look on Bones' face when Hodgins was ranting on the phone about Hannah...Lol! It was like, it's bad enough you have Booth, you are not getting my bug man too...

ARollingStone11

[45]Oct 1, 2010
    • level: 3
    I'm just wondering, how much time should a person spend getting over someone? In my mind 7 months is more than enough. It's no point just sitting there, pining and feeling sorry for yourself. And who said something about a drop in the ratings?

pgsuperfan

[46]Oct 1, 2010
    • level: 25

so does anyone think that BONES is jealous ?

Geri08

[47]Oct 1, 2010
    HH on Twitter...
    ~~
    'Viewership of Thursday night TV dropped across the board last night. Silver lIning? Bones dropped less than any other show. So we win!'...

and SN on Twitter...
    ~~
    'Thanks in every language to all our fans for last night'...

ARollingStone11 wrote:
    And who said something about a drop in the ratings?

Alot of people (incl. Hart) were expecting/worrying the ratings would drop on the night because of all the people who either said they were not watching it or hated the idea of the Hannah arc...

Hirundine

[48]Oct 1, 2010
    • level: 26
    ARollingStone11 wrote:
    I'm just wondering, how much time should a person spend getting over someone? In my mind 7 months is more than enough. It's no point just sitting there, pining and feeling sorry for yourself.

Yeah, I know ... unfortunately, we know they're not really over each other because Hannah's going to be written out at some point and they're going to be written together. Instead of feeling sorry for themselves, Bones tried to ignore the problem and Booth decided to convince Bones (and maybe himself and everyone else, though he doesn't seem to have done a super job of it) that she's soooo last season, presumably without telling poor Hannah what she was signing up for.

JustAnnW

[49]Oct 1, 2010
    • level: 5

Hey, I'm new here. I've been watching Bones since it started. Love it!

I don't think Booth is in love with Hannah. I think he is trying to convince everybody else and maybe himself that he is, but he's not.

I love the way Brennan revealed that he "thought about them together" and that she has felt "Love." I think the two events were corresponding. She has never said she loved anybody before, such as Sully.

I am very concerned the chemistry is gone and HH has waited too long, just as so many other tv shows have. I hope they find their way back to each other. Right now the atmosphere is pretty cold.

I read that many of you like Hannah, but I can't stand her. How many eps do we have to put up with her? I would like to see her get borded with DC and Booth, maybe find another guy, and dump Booth. And Booth will realize it was only his ego that got hurt, not his heart. And Bones will find a way to fix that.

Loved Clark finally chimin' in, But hated Hodgins panting after Hannah! Hope Ang makes him pay for that!

Hirundine

[50]Oct 1, 2010
    It is too bad, though of course unavoidable, that Booth's apparently going to be the one ending it.

JustAnnW

[51]Oct 1, 2010
    • level: 5

Booth's being a guy right now, by definition, a pr***. So not like the real Booth at all. He'll get over it, I hope.

LinaLoN

[52]Oct 1, 2010
    • level: 6

Clark was sooo funny in this episode! Since when was he so entertaining? The crack about B&B throwing their clothes off and jumping into bed together was hysterical!I loved Brennan's interaction with Hannah better than Booth's. The badguy was too easy since the guest actor was in Psych and was a badguy in Psych. Was sad to see Brennan alone at the end of the episode, made me miss her&Booth together so badly. Brennan was being Brennan to the T. Pretend nothing has changed.

Edited on 10/01/2010 8:59pm

penelope1985

[53]Oct 2, 2010
    • level: 21
    http://everythinghappenseventually.blogspot.com/2010/10/in-which-we-meet-hannah.html

Leila's recap from the Everything happens eventually blog.

Geri08

[54]Oct 2, 2010
    JustAnnW wrote:
    I am very concerned the chemistry is gone and HH has waited too long, just as so many other tv shows have. I hope they find their way back to each other. Right now the atmosphere is pretty cold.

I read that many of you like Hannah, but I can't stand her. How many eps do we have to put up with her? I would like to see her get borded with DC and Booth, maybe find another guy, and dump Booth. And Booth will realize it was only his ego that got hurt, not his heart. And Bones will find a way to fix that.

Loved Clark finally chimin' in, But hated Hodgins panting after Hannah! Hope Ang makes him pay for that!

Welcome to the Forum JustAnnW...

I think the lack of chemistry between them right now is deliberate...Booth is trying to show that he has moved on and is being deliberately distant with Bones...Bones is respecting the fact that he is trying to move on and is trying to be supportive but yet is questioning everything that she believed with Booth (everything that he had preached to her over the years)...She knows how she feels and is now sad that she may have missed her chance...

Hannah (Katheryn) is signed up for five episodes but they are not consecutive, so she could be there for a while...However, it will be Booth who 'torpedos' the relationship in the end and I am glad for that...Booth has to come out of this relationship believing that he tried...feeling good for what he got out of it...feeling that it did him good to be in it...But he has to make the decision of who he really wants to be with for 30/40/50 years and we all know that is Bones...he knows that is Bones...

haldrey

[55]Oct 2, 2010
    • level: 22
    Booth is really in love with Bones and is subconsciously using Hannah to break the Bones barrier.

This_Years_Love

[56]Oct 2, 2010
    • level: 11

Poor bones! This episode was painful and awkward to watch at times. Emily Deschannel and David Boreanaz's chemistry was still off... it seemed to be nonexistent in this episode. I don't like Hannah (aka the 'Cell Phone Skank' as she come to be known as in most of the Bones forums on the net). Everytime they tried to 'pimp' the Cell Phone Skank in the episode, it just made me feel like I was being manipulated by the writers and that just made me hate her even more. And that scene with Booth and the CPS in bed just made me want to vomit. I had to walk away from the screen till that scene was over.

I felt so sorry for Brennan. You could tell that she was hurting but being Brennan wouldn't admit that to herself. Brennan loves Booth and regrets saying no in the 100th episode. In a few scenes throughtout the episode, Brennan seems to be trying to tell Booth this in her own little bones way, but Booth seemed not to realise this or wasn't listening! Grrrr Booth! I spend the entire episode wishing I could reach into my laptop screen and slap Booth! Especially when he and the CPS were talking about their sex life and Booth made that fig tree comment, it kind of felt like to me that he said it just to hurt Brennan.

Clarke wasn't one of my favourite characters before this episode. But that "rip each other's clothes off" scene in the lab just made me love him so much! He's now my favourite intern!

I honestly don't know how much of this I can take. I used to absolutely love this show, I don't want to quit watching, but I don't get any enjoyment from watching it anymore. The fifth season started off so promising for B&B's relationship. Now that's just crashed & burned, hasn't it? I think it was more Booth's fault (and Sweet's fault in a lesser extent) that last season ended the way it did. Booth pushed Brennan too far before she was ready. In the 100th episode, Booth should have done it differently. He should have told her that he was in love with her... use the three words 'I love you', should have given her some time to think it through -- that was a huge decision, especially for someone like Brennan, to make. And now, getting together with the CPS so fast and their relationship so serious, it just kind of looks like Brennan didn't mean that much to him after all -- that he never really truly loved her.

ARollingStone11

[57]Oct 2, 2010
    • level: 3
    This_Years_Love wrote:

Poor bones! This episode was painful and awkward to watch at times. Emily Deschannel and David Boreanaz's chemistry was still off... it seemed to be nonexistent in this episode. I don't like Hannah (aka the 'Cell Phone Skank' as she come to be known as in most of the Bones forums on the net). Everytime they tried to 'pimp' the Cell Phone Skank in the episode, it just made me feel like I was being manipulated by the writers and that just made me hate her even more. And that scene with Booth and the CPS in bed just made me want to vomit. I had to walk away from the screen till that scene was over.

I felt so sorry for Brennan. You could tell that she was hurting but being Brennan wouldn't admit that to herself. Brennan loves Booth and regrets saying no in the 100th episode. In a few scenes throughtout the episode, Brennan seems to be trying to tell Booth this in her own little bones way, but Booth seemed not to realise this or wasn't listening! Grrrr Booth! I spend the entire episode wishing I could reach into my laptop screen and slap Booth! Especially when he and the CPS were talking about their sex life and Booth made that fig tree comment, it kind of felt like to me that he said it just to hurt Brennan.

Clarke wasn't one of my favourite characters before this episode. But that "rip each other's clothes off" scene in the lab just made me love him so much! He's now my favourite intern!

I honestly don't know how much of this I can take. I used to absolutely love this show, I don't want to quit watching, but I don't get any enjoyment from watching it anymore. The fifth season started off so promising for B&B's relationship. Now that's just crashed & burned, hasn't it? I think it was more Booth's fault (and Sweet's fault in a lesser extent) that last season ended the way it did. Booth pushed Brennan too far before she was ready. In the 100th episode, Booth should have done it differently. He should have told her that he was in love with her... use the three words 'I love you', should have given her some time to think it through -- that was a huge decision, especially for someone like Brennan, to make. And now, getting together with the CPS so fast and their relationship so serious, it just kind of looks like Brennan didn't mean that much to him after all -- that he never really truly loved her.

If you are gonna slap Booth you should slap Brennan as well. Brennan not ready? How many more years does she need before she's ready? And pushing her too far, how fragile is she? Saying "I love you" to her would probably have scared her even more. Telling Booth that she loves him in her own bones way won't work. Besides, she's probably more jealous about not having the monopoly on spending time with Booth. Calling Hannah a "skank" is probably taking things a bit too far, then you'd might as well call Brennan a "slut".

Hirundine

[58]Oct 2, 2010
    ARollingStone11 wrote:
    Calling Hannah a "skank" is probably taking things a bit too far, then you'd might as well call Brennan a "slut".

And then we truly would be able to say that Bones has caught up with its cursed predecessor, Gilmore Girls. Such different genres, such similar results.

firefairyangel

[59]Oct 2, 2010
    • level: 12
    As others have said, I think the lack of chemistry at this point is deliberate (but probably temporary). I'm still not convinced that Booth is in love with Hannah, there's no chemistry between them. Even when he kept saying he was happy, he didn't sound very happy, but more like he was trying to enforce his statement.

I feel bad for Brennan though. After all the years of Booth telling her about how great love is, and she finally starts to believe him, he moves on. Now she's probably questioning everything she felt (like her comment about falling in love with someone else makes everything you did seem foolish), and everything Booth told her. I'd say it probably hasn't helped her abandonment issues much either. Even though she was the one to reject Booth in the first place, I don't really think she expected their relationship to change that much. Now on top of her parents leaving, she has the partner she trusted tell her he loves her and then move on a few months later. Maybe she's questioning whether he was ever really serious about her at all. It's possible in her mind, she thinks he moved on very quickly, which would logically show that she wasn't that important to him. Brennan's a very rational person, I wouldn't be surprised if she had a train of thought like that.

Hirundine

[60]Oct 2, 2010
    Just another brick in the wall....