Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Discusion - 6x02 - The Couple in the Cave

penelope1985

[81]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 21
    Geri08 wrote:

A letter to HH (also a review of this epi)...

http://bonestheory.wordpress.com/2010/10/04/to-hart-hanson-october-4th-2010/

Αlways comforting to know that there are people in the world more obsessed with Bones than I am...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AdikwuOcholi

[82]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 1

interesting show bones is

Geri08

[83]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 31
    AdikwuOcholi wrote:

interesting show bones is

Welcome...

Geri08

[84]Oct 4, 2010
    penelope1985 wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:

Αlways comforting to know that there are people in the world more obsessed with Bones than I am...

Lol! I used to think that I was the most obsessed until I came on here and Twitter...there is definitely some comfort alright!

danharr

[85]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 45

Peaks and valleys that's the story of my time watching Bones and this would be a peak. Now we're back to normal the team fully functioning together just like old times and even Clark is back. Nice to meet Hannah but I fear we're being prepped for Breenan to break her rule and jump into Booths arms but hopefully no future hookup. Hope we move past the tension of the trio and just have fun too much attention has been paid to the relationship aspects.

penelope1985

[86]Oct 4, 2010
    Geri08 wrote:
    penelope1985 wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:

Lol! I used to think that I was the most obsessed until I came on here and Twitter...there is definitely some comfort alright!

Υeah we're not even top notch...

ForeverAngel2Me

[87]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 3

OK! Can someone help with this. There's something I've been curious about since one 'particular moment' in this episode.

It was the scene where Booth & Hannah were in Booth's office at the FBI. Hannah told Booth about the hotel she was staying at, and Booth told her that place was 'a dump' so-to-speak. Booth then grabbed his apt. key from his pocket, and gave it to Hannah suggesting she go to his place instead.

Now, I was just wondering how 'in the world' did Hannah ALREADY KNOW the location where Booth lived? I mean, it was NEVER brought up between them in an 'actual' conversation, nor was it like Hannah 'visited' Booth's place already either. So, how did she KNOW where Booth's place was located, without him first giving her DIRECTIONS?

I would think this an 'error' in writer's land for Hart & Co., isn't it?? Actually, since Booth's address was never mentioned to Hannah, there's really no logical explanation how she even knew where to go -- is there?

Geri08

[88]Oct 5, 2010
    ForeverAngel2Me wrote:

OK! Can someone help with this. There's something I've been curious about since one 'particular moment' in this episode.

It was the scene where Booth & Hannah were in Booth's office at the FBI. Hannah told Booth about the hotel she was staying at, and Booth told her that place was 'a dump' so-to-speak. Booth then grabbed his apt. key from his pocket, and gave it to Hannah suggesting she go to his place instead.

Now, I was just wondering how 'in the world' did Hannah ALREADY KNOW the location where Booth lived? I mean, it was NEVER brought up between them in an 'actual' conversation, nor was it like Hannah 'visited' Booth's place already either. So, how did she KNOW where Booth's place was located, without him first giving her DIRECTIONS?

I would think this an 'error' in writer's land for Hart & Co., isn't it?? Actually, since Booth's address was never mentioned to Hannah, there's really no logical explanation how she even knew where to go -- is there?

First of all welcome to the Forum...I have no doubt that Booth had already given her his address before he left Afghanistan, just in case she would want to visit later...Afterall, she knew where to go to find him when she went to the diner! They had lots of 'intimate' times over in Afghanistan and I am sure they pretty much discussed most things (of course other than Booth's personal stuff, which I believe he has not told her any of at all)...

ForeverAngel2Me

[89]Oct 5, 2010

ForeverAngel2Me wrote:

Geri08 wrote:

First of all welcome to the Forum...I have no doubt that Booth had already given her his address before he left Afghanistan, just in case she would want to visit later...Afterall, she knew where to go to find him when she went to the diner! They had lots of 'intimate' times over in Afghanistan and I am sure they pretty much discussed most things (of course other than Booth's personal stuff, which I believe he has not told her any of at all)...

Thank you for the welcome! Now to further elaborate ... Yes, I agree Booth could have given Hannah personal info about himself. But, I was rather pointing to the fact that 'it was never mentioned'! Instead, we had to 'assume' (oh, I hate that word) that it was told already, even though we should've seen Booth explaining that moment to Hannah. Really, I thought that was something that should've been 'put out there' for us to have known about from watching it. I actually don't like to 'second guess' when it comes to particular moments, just because it can get confusing, let alone, misunderstood.

And another thing that gets me is that when Booth was in ""Afghanistan"" OR lemme say, a dangerous"war zone"(for cryin' out loud) -- Just how could he have 'HAD THE TIME' to find a girlfriend or even intimacy with her? Man, I would've expected him to be more concerned about the 'dangers' of being there, and also why he went there (ok, lightbulb ... to train our troops) You know, so many comments in this forum and quite a few other ones, have said Booth could have died while over there, because of the danger, war, fighting, etc. (which by all means, was definitely true) but, the only thing I've noticed is how he had A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY for a girlfriend to enter into the picture now. Sorry, but I don't think of this as too realistic! Honestly, Booth was in more danger than he even 'let on' to Brennan. Remember when she commented on how Booth had 'too many weapons' in that particular photo? Or, actually she said he was 'heavily armed' ... or something to that effect of having alot of weapons. It just seemed like if Booth was in soooooooooo much danger, how could he ever have had time to START a relationship with Hannah? I think the 'bond' Booth displays toward Hannah is sooooooo entirely fake. It has to be, since this seems like such a phony scenario. I can't imagine this happening for real. It's highly unlikely to see people 'fall in love' in a war zone, let alone, FIND THE TIME to start a relationship while in danger, fighting .....

carioca22

[90]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 15

ForeverAngel2Me wrote:

ForeverAngel2Me wrote:

Geri08 wrote:

Thank you for the welcome! Now to further elaborate ... Yes, I agree Booth could have given Hannah personal info about himself. But, I was rather pointing to the fact that 'it was never mentioned'! Instead, we had to 'assume' (oh, I hate that word) that it was told already, even though we should've seen Booth explaining that moment to Hannah. Really, I thought that was something that should've been 'put out there' for us to have known about from watching it. I actually don't like to 'second guess' when it comes to particular moments, just because it can get confusing, let alone, misunderstood.

And another thing that gets me is that when Booth was in ""Afghanistan"" OR lemme say, a dangerous"war zone"(for cryin' out loud) -- Just how could he have 'HAD THE TIME' to find a girlfriend or even intimacy with her? Man, I would've expected him to be more concerned about the 'dangers' of being there, and also why he went there (ok, lightbulb ... to train our troops) You know, so many comments in this forum and quite a few other ones, have said Booth could have died while over there, because of the danger, war, fighting, etc. (which by all means, was definitely true) but, the only thing I've noticed is how he had A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY for a girlfriend to enter into the picture now. Sorry, but I don't think of this as too realistic! Honestly, Booth was in more danger than he even 'let on' to Brennan. Remember when she commented on how Booth had 'too many weapons' in that particular photo? Or, actually she said he was 'heavily armed' ... or something to that effect of having alot of weapons. It just seemed like if Booth was in soooooooooo much danger, how could he ever have had time to START a relationship with Hannah? I think the 'bond' Booth displays toward Hannah is sooooooo entirely fake. It has to be, since this seems like such a phony scenario. I can't imagine this happening for real. It's highly unlikely to see people 'fall in love' in a war zone, let alone, FIND THE TIME to start a relationship while in danger, fighting .....

Oh he didn't just start a relationship, he went all the way through it under a fig tree. He found time for that too.

I don't like this plot either but what can we do ecxept endure it until it ends? Either that or stop watching. I'm not stopping......yet.

penelope1985

[91]Oct 5, 2010
    carioca22 wrote:

ForeverAngel2Me wrote:

ForeverAngel2Me wrote:

Geri08 wrote:

Oh he didn't just start a relationship, he went all the way through it under a fig tree. He found time for that too.

I don't like this plot either but what can we do ecxept endure it until it ends? Either that or stop watching. I'm not stopping......yet.

Except, you know, for people that are in the armed forces, that probably happens all the time... Who are you gonna fall in love with but with other soldiers, doctors, nurses, journalists etc?

ForeverAngel2Me

[92]Oct 6, 2010

carioca22 wrote:

Oh Goodness, No! Please, not the FIG TREE mention, too. You know, Booth's comment of how he now is LOVING FIGS, made me wanna 'heave up' my insides, with no signs of stopping anytime soon. Actually, what the heck is 'sooooo completely wrong' with Booth lately? I'm getting more & more irritated with him and what his personality/attitude is changing into. And all because of Hannah? Seriously, Hannah is NOT influencing Booth in a 'positive' way. What she is doing is leading Booth into a 'blind' mindset. Simply because Booth cannot even 'realize' that he DOESN'T truly love Hannah! He actually thinks he DOES love her! (Oh right! -- Guess now it's time to mention let's jump back to Booth trying to 'convince himself' again of that, and also that he 'no doubt' really has moved on.) Ha! Sorry Booth, ain't gonna happen, or work that way! I just hope Booth loses those 'blinders' real soon. No wonder there's presently 'no more chemistry' between Booth & Brennan. Booth doesn't FOCUS ON ANYTHING but Hannah. Oh, and how 'revolting' that is. I, too, hope Hannah is HISTORY very, very soon.

If I had to make a prediction -- I think (even though it's sad to say) that the FUTURE of this show depends on how quickly this 'Hannah story' is over & done with.

And more importantly .......... is Hart taking note of this??????? Or for that matter --- listening at all???????

penelope1985 wrote:

Except, you know, for people that are in the armed forces, that probably happens all the time... Who are you gonna fall in love with but with other soldiers, doctors, nurses, journalists etc?

Well, looking at it from that perspective -- I guess, it's possible. Although, depending on WHERE a person was stationed, I wouldn't think 'falling in love' with someone would happen too quickly. Really, the more dangerous the area is, the less time there would be to THINK ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE other than trying to survive the WAR/FIGHTING that's going on around you.

Geri08

[93]Oct 6, 2010

***SPOILER***

I think Booth has a few issues here...Firstly he is trying way too hard to prove that he loves Hannah...This comes from two immediate things that I can see...First is Bones turning him down seven months ago and secondly, Bones not calling him for those seven months while she was in Maluku...Now if Booth was being rational he would see (and of course heard her when she explained why) that it was not exactly the easiest for her to do so...However, Booth is feeling unloved and an unloved Booth hurts...I do not think that he is setting out to actually 'hurt' Bones, more just to prove that it is possible for him to move on and be loved by someone...I think when he realises though that he has hurt her through all this, he will be more upset...Booth just has to realise, and I hope very soon, that he does not settle for second best...

Edited on 10/06/2010 1:02am

thabeatles772

[94]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 18
    You're right Geri, Booth listens to her but he doesn't really hear her, and that is so very annoying. Especially when she told him what she defines as love and that she has felt it, obviously she was telling Booth she loved him but all he was listening to was her disagreeing with him about love again. I mean to her love is a chemical reaction but who cares where she thinks love comes from because she must think it exists if she gives it a definition instead of just calling it make-believe or indefinable because its unanalyzable. You know you ask two people to define a tree, they could give you two completely opposite answers but it wouldn't change the fact that it's still a tree.. Gahh I would love to just shake some sense into Booth