Official Discuss 7x05 - The Twist in the Twister

  • Avatar of Geri08

    Geri08

    [1]Dec 8, 2011
    • member since: 03/22/08
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 11,631

    Discuss...last one until the new year...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Lifelongtvviews

    Lifelongtvviews

    [2]Dec 8, 2011
    • member since: 02/17/09
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 9
    Really We usually get a christmas themed episode and then they break?

    But anyways I'm not here to argue the amount of episodes. I'm here to ask a question. OK so my question is this Is the basic storyline of the case based on any recent real cases and the part im talking about is the perp using a tornado/tornadoes to cover up and or dispose of the body the reason I'm asking is in the Wednesday November 9, 2011 episode of Criminal Minds titled "There's No Place Like Home" They had a similar storyline where their unsub was disposing his victims bodies in the path of tornadoes that just seems to coincidental for both shows episode plots not to be based on some actual case
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ltcomstella

    ltcomstella

    [3]Dec 9, 2011
    • member since: 11/30/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 781

    no clue, i didn't see the credits so maybe there was a tribute to someone who died in the last tornado ?


    on the ep, was ok booth and brennan having a little argument was funny and angela and hodgins where good trying to keep her rockn rolla father in line new there would be a new 'tattoo' but a press on for baby mike was cute,


    be nice to see more of cam's daughter soon, not sure i like fisher he's a bit too much of a wierd playa for me...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Geri08

    Geri08

    [4]Dec 9, 2011
    • member since: 03/22/08
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 11,631

    Ratings...


    http://www.hitfix.com/articles/tv-ratings-big-bang-person-of-interest-lead-easy-cbs-thursday-win


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Geri08

    Geri08

    [5]Dec 9, 2011
    • member since: 03/22/08
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 11,631

    GMMR...


    http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2011/12/09/bones-recap-the-twist-in-the-twister/


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Jemadari

    Jemadari

    [6]Dec 9, 2011
    • member since: 07/10/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 2,513

    I liked the case more or less but I didn't sign up for the Booth and Bones love story which it feels like this show is becoming,I personally don't particularly care for them together but I'm past that I just wish their thing didn't take up so much of the plot


    The Hodgins family, people have been rearing children long before they could read or had anything to read and that seems to have worked out quite well, so when people start citing "The Books" when it come to how they deal with a giving parenting situation it hits my gentleman-anthropologist nerve in the worst way

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Geri08

    Geri08

    [7]Dec 9, 2011
    • member since: 03/22/08
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 11,631

    Zap2it...


    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/12/bones-recap.html


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of djboy77

    djboy77

    [8]Dec 9, 2011
    • member since: 06/26/10
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 289

    Thought it was a good episode, quite clever.


    My biggest problem though is a technical gripe. Of all people, Brennan should have understood the anthropological basis for Booth's protectiveness, not just some psychological blah-blah that she can dismiss. Just as there is a basis for the concept of attractiveness (a perception of desirable genes), as well as the need to procreate, there is also a biological imperative for the male to defend his offspring. Historically this would have taken the form of defending the female and the unborn from animals, marauders, etc. That's pretty much the male's function during the pregnancy. Womens' empowerment, spanning only decades, isn't enough to alter, let alone logic away the way the male is wired in that regard.


    Booth was right to apologise for lying, but he was also right not to apologise for - or agree to refrain from - his role as protector.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of phatprincess86

    phatprincess86

    [9]Dec 10, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/11
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 16

    Lifelongtvviews wrote:
    Really We usually get a christmas themed episode and then they break? But anyways I'm not here to argue the amount of episodes. I'm here to ask a question. OK so my question is this Is the basic storyline of the case based on any recent real cases and the part im talking about is the perp using a tornado/tornadoes to cover up and or dispose of the body the reason I'm asking is in the Wednesday November 9, 2011 episode of Criminal Minds titled "There's No Place Like Home" They had a similar storyline where their unsub was disposing his victims bodies in the path of tornadoes that just seems to coincidental for both shows episode plots not to be based on some actual case
    One, I'm with you in being disappointed we didn't get a Christmas ep this year. I mean, c'mon, it's an odd-numbered season, and this would've been Booth and Brennan's first Christmas as a couple/family!


    And two, I'm glad I'm not the only one who instantly thought of the Criminal Minds episode.


    djboy77 wrote:
    Thought it was a good episode, quite clever.


    My biggest problem though is a technical gripe. Of all people, Brennan should have understood the anthropological basis for Booth's protectiveness, not just some psychological blah-blah that she can dismiss. Just as there is a basis for the concept of attractiveness (a perception of desirable genes), as well as the need to procreate, there is also a biological imperative for the male to defend his offspring. Historically this would have taken the form of defending the female and the unborn from animals, marauders, etc. That's pretty much the male's function during the pregnancy. Womens' empowerment, spanning only decades, isn't enough to alter, let alone logic away the way the male is wired in that regard.


    Booth was right to apologise for lying, but he was also right not to apologise for - or agree to refrain from - his role as protector.

    LOL, well put.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BarryWeen3

    BarryWeen3

    [10]Dec 12, 2011
    • member since: 09/28/05
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,145

    So a case of mistaken assumption.


    Liked the scene in the tornado cellar.


    Also liked that Bones calls Booth on his overprotectiveness but he gives her an irrational explanation for it.


    Liked the whole Angela's dad as a babysitter option, and maybe that scene at the end indicates their baby has inherited Grandpa's musical genes?


    The case again, okay.


    Fisher and his mother was weird more than anything. Though it apparently helped him with the girl whose name he can't remember.


    Now we wait till January for The Crack in the Code for the first appearance of the next serial killer the team faces off against.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Geri08

    Geri08

    [11]Dec 14, 2011
    • member since: 03/22/08
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 11,631

    Decided to wait the six days until this epi aired on Sky TV...I think that this is probably the first time I have ever done that! Is that something I should be worried about? Enjoyed the epi though! Am I the only one who thinks that our BB just are not the same and hoping that once the team gets back (which they just have) to work on the rest of the season, things will improve and get back to BB 'normal'...I just can not put my finger on it yet...Still enjoying the show and still loving it like I always do, but I don't know...it's just missing something...



    Loved the whole epi but two points I just want to draw attention to...1. Am I the only one who things (that along with getting a storyline this season) Cam is being a total b'tch! I mean...when Angela brought little Michael in to see his daddy from daycare, she went all 'business like' and told them that he should not be there...right, I can understand that and all...But...in this epi, Ange is definitely feeling the stress of motherhood and not getting enough sleep...She mentions this to Cam, which I say, yeah, Cam is supposed to be a friend and should understand...but NO! We are all 'business' as usual with no 'inbetween'...Sorry, do not like that and wonder what will happen when little baby BB comes into the equation...Hopefully Cam will have got a bit of 'soul' by then!...I mean, she is lucky that Hodgins and Ange want to come into work at all, given that they could just leave and never look back...



    2. Billy Gibbons! FANTASTIC! Just loved him in this...full stop! Did anyone else notice the smile he gave when Hodgins turned up the music and looked at him like he had just solved the most difficult question in the universe! Yeah! Papa Gibbons is A-ONE!!!!!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BarryWeen3

    BarryWeen3

    [12]Dec 14, 2011
    • member since: 09/28/05
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,145

    Geri08 wrote:


    Decided to wait the six days until this epi aired on Sky TV...I think that this is probably the first time I have ever done that! Is that something I should be worried about? Enjoyed the epi though! Am I the only one who thinks that our BB just are not the same and hoping that once the team gets back (which they just have) to work on the rest of the season, things will improve and get back to BB 'normal'...I just can not put my finger on it yet...Still enjoying the show and still loving it like I always do, but I don't know...it's just missing something...



    Loved the whole epi but two points I just want to draw attention to...1. Am I the only one who things (that along with getting a storyline this season) Cam is being a total b'tch! I mean...when Angela brought little Michael in to see his daddy from daycare, she went all 'business like' and told them that he should not be there...right, I can understand that and all...But...in this epi, Ange is definitely feeling the stress of motherhood and not getting enough sleep...She mentions this to Cam, which I say, yeah, Cam is supposed to be a friend and should understand...but NO! We are all 'business' as usual with no 'inbetween'...Sorry, do not like that and wonder what will happen when little baby BB comes into the equation...Hopefully Cam will have got a bit of 'soul' by then!...I mean, she is lucky that Hodgins and Ange want to come into work at all, given that they could just leave and never look back...



    2. Billy Gibbons! FANTASTIC! Just loved him in this...full stop! Did anyone else notice the smile he gave when Hodgins turned up the music and looked at him like he had just solved the most difficult question in the universe! Yeah! Papa Gibbons is A-ONE!!!!!



    1. Yes I too think Cam was being too b*tchy. I wonder if it's going to tie into her own storyline ala she sees Angela and Hodgins w/baby, she sees B & B w/baby, could she be wondering about her and her boyfriend having a little one. I know she has Michelle, but Michelle is going off to college and growing up and she's not directly Cam's child. Just an idea...


    2.Yes more Gibbons. Like I said above, maybe their child's artistic genes will manifest as a musician like grandad.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Geri08

    Geri08

    [13]Dec 15, 2011
    • member since: 03/22/08
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 11,631
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

    Geri08 wrote:


    Decided to wait the six days until this epi aired on Sky TV...I think that this is probably the first time I have ever done that! Is that something I should be worried about? Enjoyed the epi though! Am I the only one who thinks that our BB just are not the same and hoping that once the team gets back (which they just have) to work on the rest of the season, things will improve and get back to BB 'normal'...I just can not put my finger on it yet...Still enjoying the show and still loving it like I always do, but I don't know...it's just missing something...



    Loved the whole epi but two points I just want to draw attention to...1. Am I the only one who things (that along with getting a storyline this season) Cam is being a total b'tch! I mean...when Angela brought little Michael in to see his daddy from daycare, she went all 'business like' and told them that he should not be there...right, I can understand that and all...But...in this epi, Ange is definitely feeling the stress of motherhood and not getting enough sleep...She mentions this to Cam, which I say, yeah, Cam is supposed to be a friend and should understand...but NO! We are all 'business' as usual with no 'inbetween'...Sorry, do not like that and wonder what will happen when little baby BB comes into the equation...Hopefully Cam will have got a bit of 'soul' by then!...I mean, she is lucky that Hodgins and Ange want to come into work at all, given that they could just leave and never look back...



    2. Billy Gibbons! FANTASTIC! Just loved him in this...full stop! Did anyone else notice the smile he gave when Hodgins turned up the music and looked at him like he had just solved the most difficult question in the universe! Yeah! Papa Gibbons is A-ONE!!!!!



    1. Yes I too think Cam was being too b*tchy. I wonder if it's going to tie into her own storyline ala she sees Angela and Hodgins w/baby, she sees B & B w/baby, could she be wondering about her and her boyfriend having a little one. I know she has Michelle, but Michelle is going off to college and growing up and she's not directly Cam's child. Just an idea...


    2.Yes more Gibbons. Like I said above, maybe their child's artistic genes will manifest as a musician like grandad.



    I actually believe that Cam is genuinely not interested in having kids...She has said that she does not want them (I know Bones said the same) but when Michelle came along it seemed to fulfill that 'housetrained' criteria and keeping her amazing figure she mentioned in season 2...Maybe she will be happy enough with grandchildren when they come along!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bonebooth

    bonebooth

    [14]Dec 15, 2011
    • member since: 12/27/10
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 258
    Geri08 wrote:

    Decided to wait the six days until this epi aired on Sky TV...I think that this is probably the first time I have ever done that! Is that something I should be worried about? Enjoyed the epi though! Am I the only one who thinks that our BB just are not the same and hoping that once the team gets back (which they just have) to work on the rest of the season, things will improve and get back to BB 'normal'...I just can not put my finger on it yet...Still enjoying the show and still loving it like I always do, but I don't know...it's just missing something...



    Loved the whole epi but two points I just want to draw attention to...1. Am I the only one who things (that along with getting a storyline this season) Cam is being a total b'tch! I mean...when Angela brought little Michael in to see his daddy from daycare, she went all 'business like' and told them that he should not be there...right, I can understand that and all...But...in this epi, Ange is definitely feeling the stress of motherhood and not getting enough sleep...She mentions this to Cam, which I say, yeah, Cam is supposed to be a friend and should understand...but NO! We are all 'business' as usual with no 'inbetween'...Sorry, do not like that and wonder what will happen when little baby BB comes into the equation...Hopefully Cam will have got a bit of 'soul' by then!...I mean, she is lucky that Hodgins and Ange want to come into work at all, given that they could just leave and never look back...



    2. Billy Gibbons! FANTASTIC! Just loved him in this...full stop! Did anyone else notice the smile he gave when Hodgins turned up the music and looked at him like he had just solved the most difficult question in the universe! Yeah! Papa Gibbons is A-ONE!!!!!



    1. I agree, Cam is being a bit bitchy! 2. Billy Gibbons was GREAT!!! I'd love to see more of him!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bonebooth

    bonebooth

    [15]Dec 15, 2011
    • member since: 12/27/10
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 258

    For the most part I enjoyed this episode. I agree with Geri that B&B are off somehow. I do love them as a couple, just, something seems off. I miss the old chemistry I guess. Hopefully, after the baby comes, we'll get more of it.


    I did like Brennan calling Booth on his lying to her. One of my favorite parts was her showing up at the tornado shelter, good for her! I especially liked that she left him stranded. She wasn't worried, she thought her partner could take care of himself! That was great!


    I didn't care for Cam at all. So far the only episode I've liked her in this season was the one with Finn. She's too crabby ( or bitchy).


    I got a kick out of Hodgin's very large coffee cup!!


    I liked Sweets in this a lot. Liked how he called Booth on lying to Brennan. Good interaction between them.


    Hope that Brennan continues to show more of her old character, she seemed more like her old self in this episode to me.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BarryWeen3

    BarryWeen3

    [16]Dec 15, 2011
    • member since: 09/28/05
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,145

    In terms of Booth and Brennan, I would expect them to feel "off" and/or different.


    We should expect their relationship and interactions to be different nowas a sign thatthey're a couple now dealing with an impending birth, plus each of them is evolving through their interactions with each other.


    They can't be exactly like the old B/B of the past because they're no longer at that stage of their relationship and each of them is moving beyond what they were especially Brennan.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Geri08

    Geri08

    [17]Dec 16, 2011
    • member since: 03/22/08
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 11,631

    Yes I agree with you there Matt to a certain degree but even taking all this 'change' into consideration, something is just not clicking with these two...Like Linda says, I love them to bits still, the same with the show...but, I don't know! Something is just not right at the moment! I am putting it down more to Emily's pregnancy and total understanding goes with that...I just hope that now that little baby Henry has been born and the team are now back to work, the rest of season 7 will take off 'amazingly'...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Geri08

    Geri08

    [18]Dec 16, 2011
    • member since: 03/22/08
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 11,631
    bonebooth wrote:

    For the most part I enjoyed this episode. I agree with Geri that B&B are off somehow. I do love them as a couple, just, something seems off. I miss the old chemistry I guess. Hopefully, after the baby comes, we'll get more of it.


    I did like Brennan calling Booth on his lying to her. One of my favorite parts was her showing up at the tornado shelter, good for her! I especially liked that she left him stranded. She wasn't worried, she thought her partner could take care of himself! That was great!


    I didn't care for Cam at all. So far the only episode I've liked her in this season was the one with Finn. She's too crabby ( or bitchy).


    I got a kick out of Hodgin's very large coffee cup!!


    I liked Sweets in this a lot. Liked how he called Booth on lying to Brennan. Good interaction between them.


    Hope that Brennan continues to show more of her old character, she seemed more like her old self in this episode to me.




    Absolutely loved how Bones suddenly appeared at the Twister site and equally loved how she left Booth there too...I think that TJ is the best thing in the show right now...He has grown his character so much over the years...Just love how he was buzzing on the caffeine and how Ange told him 'no more'...Lol! I agree with you that Bones seemed more like her old self in this one...Loved her calling Booth out and hope that this equilibrium between them continues...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BarryWeen3

    BarryWeen3

    [19]Dec 16, 2011
    • member since: 09/28/05
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,145

    Geri08 wrote:


    Yes I agree with you there Matt to a certain degree but even taking all this 'change' into consideration, something is just not clicking with these two...Like Linda says, I love them to bits still, the same with the show...but, I don't know! Something is just not right at the moment! I am putting it down more to Emily's pregnancy and total understanding goes with that...I just hope that now that little baby Henry has been born and the team are now back to work, the rest of season 7 will take off 'amazingly'...



    I'm inferring that you also mean Emily's pregnancy and FOX's scheduling throwing this season into some semblance of chaos?


    If I'm remembering correctly it was going to be a 18 episode season, then maybe anywhere from 11-14 episode season, then it settled on a 13 episode, then we had the 4 episode mini-season proposal, then now the 4 episodes may be an extension of the 13 episodes, then we had the delayed premiere of the season, then we had them move the 6th episode to stand on it's own in January to segueway into The Finder.


    I'm thinking the Twist in the Twister refers more to this season than the episode...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Geri08

    Geri08

    [20]Dec 17, 2011
    • member since: 03/22/08
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 11,631

    BarryWeen3 wrote:
    I'm thinking the Twist in the Twister refers more to this season than the episode...



    I think that you have hit the nail on the head there Matt

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.