Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Discussion - 5X10 The goop on the girl

penelope1985

[1]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 21
    THIS IS IT BOYS AND GIRLS! The Christmas episode is upon us. So what do you think will happen? Will HH throw us a bone? Will he make our week? Speculate and discuss HERE.
    Edited on 12/09/2009 1:49am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

duuntje

[2]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 2
    can't wait!!

Geri08

[3]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 31
    I am counting down, in a tiz and really looking forward to this one...

charmed4eva112

[4]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 20
    Six hours in counting for us Canadians. I have to say, I am incredibly excited for the episode. It sounds funny and weird at the same time!

penelope1985

[5]Dec 9, 2009
    charmed4eva112 wrote:
    Six hours in counting for us Canadians. I have to say, I am incredibly excited for the episode. It sounds funny and weird at the same time!

7 hours till download

duuntje

[6]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 2
    I'm going to sleep now...when i'm wake up in the morning I'll hope to see here at least 1 comment lol!!

Geri08

[7]Dec 9, 2009
    charmed4eva112 wrote:

Ooh Jessica, you lucky thing...please come on and give us a review in the morning and let us know what happened...

charmed4eva112

[8]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 20
    Even better, I will try to come on right after the episode airs (just a little over 2 hours now!) and write a review for it!! It might be twenty minutes after the episode because I'll also be watching Glee. But unless my dad decides to be a jerk and kick me off the computer, I'll hopefully have my review out later tonight, if most of you are up by then. If not, you'll see it in the morning.

Geri08

[9]Dec 9, 2009
    charmed4eva112 wrote:
    Even better, I will try to come on right after the episode airs (just a little over 2 hours now!) and write a review for it!! It might be twenty minutes after the episode because I'll also be watching Glee. But unless my dad decides to be a jerk and kick me off the computer, I'll hopefully have my review out later tonight, if most of you are up by then. If not, you'll see it in the morning.

Thanks Jessica...unfortunately I will be in bed by then but will see it first thing in the morning...

penelope1985

[10]Dec 10, 2009
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGG

Geri08

[11]Dec 10, 2009
    penelope1985 wrote:

What's that for? Strange no canadians coming on yet, not even Jessica who said she would...

penelope1985

[12]Dec 10, 2009
    Geri08 wrote:
    penelope1985 wrote:

What's that for? Strange no canadians coming on yet, not even Jessica who said she would...

thats for my hopes getting crushed once more

charlottedotcom

[13]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 16
    Well, I'm not in Canada, but I have seen the episode, so I'll share my wisdom with you

I liked this one. It was a bit more case focused, which I thought was odd for an xmas episode. It was sweet when the Squints went to the victims funeral for his mother. But it was also really "heart-crushing" to quote Bones . I loved Zooey's character! She came off a bit strong in the beginning, but by the end I really loved her There was a little mini Michelle/Cam drama but nothing too worrying...umm what else? Oh! The car scene between B&B was great. I loved that scene the most. Poor Bones looked like she was about to cry The Christmas dinner scene was good too. Brennan and Margaret had a nice moment. Sorry if I forgot something!

penelope1985

[14]Dec 10, 2009
    charlottedotcom wrote:
    Well, I'm not in Canada, but I have seen the episode, so I'll share my wisdom with you

I liked this one. It was a bit more case focused, which I thought was odd for an xmas episode. It was sweet when the Squints went to the victims funeral for his mother. But it was also really "heart-crushing" to quote Bones . I loved Zooey's character! She came off a bit strong in the beginning, but by the end I really loved her There was a little mini Michelle/Cam drama but nothing too worrying...umm what else? Oh! The car scene between B&B was great. I loved that scene the most. Poor Bones looked like she was about to cry The Christmas dinner scene was good too. Brennan and Margaret had a nice moment. Sorry if I forgot something!

The exchange between Brennan and Margaret was very sweet and the BB scene in the car was adorable. The collecting evidence scene was excellent and that's about it...

Starprincess13

[15]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 24

charlottedotcom wrote:
    Well, I'm not in Canada, but I have seen the episode, so I'll share my wisdom with you I liked this one. It was a bit more case focused, which I thought was odd for an xmas episode. It was sweet when the Squints went to the victims funeral for his mother. But it was also really "heart-crushing" to quote Bones . I loved Zooey's character! She came off a bit strong in the beginning, but by the end I really loved her There was a little mini Michelle/Cam drama but nothing too worrying...umm what else? Oh! The car scene between B&B was great. I loved that scene the most. Poor Bones looked like she was about to cry The Christmas dinner scene was good too. Brennan and Margaret had a nice moment. Sorry if I forgot something!

I agree. I don't have time to write a real review now but I will add that I also loved when Brennan was taking Booth's pants off and Boooth started reciting all the saint names. That was funny.

Geri08

[16]Dec 10, 2009
    I have to say that I loved it...All the hype leading up to it (like all the hype leading up to all the 'pre-hyped' episodes) could have taken from the enjoyment of the actual episode (with all the expectation) but not with me...
    ~~
    I agree with you Charlotte, that scene in the car was very sweet...Had to love Daisy telling Booth that he looked good...Daisy continues to be ok with me this season...I enjoyed her in this...She is so like Bones with her facts about Christmas and when Jesus was actually born in March...I so had to laugh when Hodgins asked Booth 'where's your chest hair' and Booth replied 'I am highly evolved'...Loved Booth in the lab coat and him running out looking for 'pants'...I love Booth in his 'Christmas Coat' that long one he wore in the 'kiss under the mistletoe' scene two christmas' ago...Loved when Bones told the radio guy that Booth was 'irrestistible'...and I loved the very final scene with them holding hands and Booth saying 'Silent Night' and the way Bones looked and smiled...love how he opened one eye to look at her and how he smiled...
    ~~
    Really enjoyed...

welnoc

[17]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 9

I didn't pay any attention to the hype so I had no expectations at all. I really enjoyed the episode although Santa blowing up was very, very graphic but that contrasted so nicely with the humanity in the end. I thought it was great that the episode was so case-oriented because it illustrated the disconnect between what these people do and the fact that they do it to people.

They went from being callous to considerate and kind and it was the Christmas season that helped them do it. And that is a great Christmas episode! Bones may not believe in magic but the magic of Christmas got into her.

Geri08

[18]Dec 10, 2009
    welnoc wrote:

I didn't pay any attention to the hype so I had no expectations at all. I really enjoyed the episode although Santa blowing up was very, very graphic but that contrasted so nicely with the humanity in the end. I thought it was great that the episode was so case-oriented because it illustrated the disconnect between what these people do and the fact that they do it to people.

They went from being callous to considerate and kind and it was the Christmas season that helped them do it. And that is a great Christmas episode! Bones may not believe in magic but the magic of Christmas got into her.

What I had to smile at was how she (Bones) argued with Max over having Christmas together and left him with nothing really decided...but off she went and asked Booth to spend Christmas with them in her own loveable way...She has definitely come a long way...she did not even think twice about the decision to stay this time...Christmas is a whole different ball game for her now...

ASoRadGirl

[19]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 5

What did zooey's Fishing comment just before the dinner at the end mean? I could not understand exactly what she was getting at with that quote.

lrigD

[20]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 8
    Well, this episode was cool =). From the promos I didn't really like Zooey Deschanel's character but by the end of the episode I kind of did, funny how that can change in one hour...

I agree with everything written here. I didn't hear the car scene verbatim but Brennan looked ready to cry... I felt sorry for her. And Booth as evidence... I'm sure that scene will be in our heads for a while =)