We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Discussion: 5x12 "The Proof in the Pudding"

ArTiStAnDbUgGuY

[21]Jan 21, 2010
    • level: 5
    Oh. My. God. I LOVED the episode!! Booth breaking in the lab and later beating the crap outta the mystery feds was AWESOME! It was nice to see the Cam/Brennan interaction because they got along and the don't every really have those type of scenes w/ the two of them. Brennan talking science jibberish to the fed guy to confuse him was great! I bet that was so hard for Emily to say. lol. I was kind of happy when Angela said she was pregnant but at the same time I didn't want her to have a baby with Wendell, so I was kind of happy when Cam told her it was a false positive. But OMG Hodgins told Angela he loved her still!!! And that he would be there for her with the baby and that he would let her move in and get married if she wanted to, I am positive they are getting back together soon and I really hope they are the coulple to get married. Hodgins and Angela walking off at the end and Booth and Brennan walking off were both cute. Overall AWESOME episode!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Joy_keenan

[22]Jan 21, 2010
    • level: 6
    I HAVE ONLY WATCHED THE FIRST FEW MIN, BUT OMG BREN WAS SO CUTE..."I HAVENT HAD SEXUAL INTERCOURSE IN QUITE SOMETIME" HA HA

divine529

[23]Jan 21, 2010
    • level: 14

OMG This is one of the best episodes if not this season in the series (at least for me)! I LOVED EVERYTHING from the sneaking into the closet, to Booth going federal on everyone's asses (and the glass)...I loved the end and HODGELA OMG They are finally getting somewhere...like back together maybe? BB were just super cute at the end and I loved what Brennan did at the end for Booth...so cute! Overall I loved this episode! Next week's should be interesting and I can't wait!

melgirl1778

[25]Jan 21, 2010
    • level: 7
    Well, i liked the episode for all the character development but it seemed like the case had almost no point to it. So why even bother bringing in the investigation when we learned absolutely nothing from it! Ahhhh it made me so made that there wasn;t a conclusion.

Collegebound06

[26]Jan 21, 2010
    • level: 32
    aw look at hodgins stepping up to the plate..and then they linked arms at the end and so did booth and brennan..well i hope this scared angela into realizing it could happen for real next time

utgotye

[28]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 4
    The case was somewhat entertaining as I have looked into JFK conspiracies (among others) before. I did, however, find it a bit convoluted at times. That however, was probably intentional so as not to take a definitive stand on the issue. The one issue I had was the fact that those American citizens were detained against their will by agents of the federal government without being charged with, or even accused of, a crime and Mirandized, something that is more than a little illegal. Anyone of the detained could probably bring charges in federal court and win.

More enlightening than the fact that Temperance freely admitted not having had sex in quite a long time (the Man in the Outhouse?) was that, based on her facial expression and tone, she didn't seem all that bothered by that fact. If this is indeed the case, it is yet another example of the vast leaps she has made even since early season four. The other thing I noticed was Temperance's expression (and tone) after having brought up John Wilkes Booth. Her expression while Booth was walking away from her seemed to be one almost of pain and then later disappointment, which I hope was directed at herself. Also the tone of her voice was almost panicked as he started walking away.

Booth was...Booth, in this episode, selflessly enduring the pain and uncertainty of capture so that he could be near "his people" and Temperance specifically in order to do what he could to protect them. I completely feel for him with regards to his views on the possible conspiracy, despite the fact that in reality, just like with 9/11, the onus is on the conspiracy believers to provide logical, well-reasoned arguments and evidence to support their claims.

As far as the hiatus goes, it totally blows, especially since it's twice as long as over Xmas...seriously depressing. The only thing I can hope for is that, upon the shows return, they go nonstop until the second or third week of May, giving us the usual 22-23 episode season as opposed to stopping at 20 or so. Then it's back to reruns for three and a half months....

penelope1985

[29]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 21
    This episode was pretty much perfect! It had a compelling case It has all the drama It has humor. I actually loved Hacker this time... What? He wanted to impress Brennan... That was sweet...

OK so Booth shooting down the glass door was an OMG moment. What? They weren't paying attention to him... HE HAD TO! Booth in this episode was pretty much perfect. He was vulnerable as well as kick-ass. I loved how he wants to believe in his country... ALWAYS! Even though he knows first hand that USA is not angelically made. Brennan letting him believe the body wasn't Kennedy's was awesome. And i loved how she shouted " I promise now. I promise now." when he told her that she should never bring up his assassin ancestor again. Brennan is very different this past couple of episodes, guys! Her talking scientific jibberish would have never happened, say, two years ago. Angela! Angela! Angela! Right at the moment when you want to hit her, something happens to her and you feel sorry about her. When I realized that she was pregnant with Wendell's child I felt really sorry about her. And Hodgins was a God! He stepped up. And then I thought please you two raise the child and NEVER tell Wendell. I know Angela was thinking about it too. And Hodgins pretty much said so. I love Cam in this episode. She couldn't concentrate on the case. I loved how she asked Brennan to guess the cause of death so she could go home and kill Michelle. I loved the interaction with Brennan at the end. She always calls her out on her crap. But she understands that Brennan wants to protect Booth.

This episode had no faults. I think it could be the next "Aliens in a spaceship"

penelope1985

[30]Jan 22, 2010
    http://blog.zap2it.com/ithappenedlastnight/2010/01/bones-takes-aim-at-the-kennedy-assassination.html

Recap from Zap2it

penelope1985

[32]Jan 22, 2010
    MuteTroubadouR wrote:
    penelope1985 wrote:

This episode had no faults. I think it could be the next "Aliens in a spaceship"

I thought exactly the same thing!

I think definitely one of the best moments was when Brennan brought up Booth's ancestor, she was so pained to see that she had upset him. It crushed my heart to see her beg like that. :'(

Yeah Brennan has changed a lot. A couple of years ago she whould be all " I dont know why Booth got so upset"

Geri08

[33]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 31

Excellent episode...Just loved it...What I liked the best at the end was that it was still unresolved as such after all these years...I mean that is one of the most famous conspiracies of all time, 'Who Killed JFK?'...

~~

Just loved that we had our core 'six' throughout...Had to love Hacker here in this episode...a bit like Daisy, in that he was totally annoying before but you had to like him in a 'funny way' here! ~~ Just loved Cam throughout...How she was so concerned that it could be Michelle who was pregnant...How she wanted to get 'home to kill her'...How she got on with Bones throughout and of course her parting statement to Bones that she would never forget what she did for Booth...My favourite lines from Cam's were when Mr. White said that they were from the GSA (General Services Administration) and she replied 'the people that supply us with paper cups and pencils'...Lol! Also when she told Brennan that she 'was not as good as you at doing what I am told'...

~~

Loved Booth when he said to Mr. White 'I showed you mine, will you show me yours'...Also how he did the Michael Jackson moves in the beginning in Bones' office...She might have being coming across all busy but I saw that look on her face! Loved the whole idea of Booth breaking into them (and that shot at the door...wow!)...Loved how Sweets called Booth to inform him of what was going on, but that White was listening in all the time, but they knew that too! Loved when Angela said 'first time I've ever been as paranoid as Hodgins'...Of course, as soon as Bones started to see signs of a bad back, I knew it was JFK...That whole 'experiment with the rifle' was cool and loved when Hodgins said to Booth 'Oswald was a lousy shot, your one of the best'...Loved when Cam said 'the big man always comes through' and how Booth tied up the three guys with handcuffs while Bones ran around with the bone...hilarious!

~~

Love how Bones was throughout...how she looked totally upset at upsetting Booth on 'his ancestor'...How she did the experiment on the bone in front of Booth to put his mind at rest that it was not JFK (loved the hug)...The look on her face when it was said that Booth would be awake at night after shooting nearly fifty people...The look on Booth's face when he said 'heads do all sorts of crazy things when they get shot' (felt for him myself there)...So so loved Bones and her 'jibberjabber'...

~~

It really hit me when Sweets said to Booth that he felt that the whole thing just felt like a 'Test' and I had to say that I felt the same thing...However, at the end there I was left to believe that they had in actuality been given the bones of JFK secretively (because the PTB were never going to officially allow it as shown on the tv in the window at the end given reasons as it being too upsetting to the family)...Of course the whole thing of not really knowing is what I liked best about the whole episode...

Loved it...

Nearly forgot...That Janitor's Closet is a marvelous place...I love secret passages too...

Edited on 01/22/2010 10:26am
    Edited 2 total times.

RoverGuy

[34]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 9

Another laughable episode: 4/10. This ranks up there with the Body Stealing episode (Double Death...) as being the most ridiculous.

Michelle is pregnant

Michelle is not pregnant

Angela is pregnant

Angela is not pregnant

If she was really pregnant I can see the episode now: "The Baby in the Slut", getting into moral arguments on responsibility, abortion, adoption, etc. And now on a very special episode of Blossom...yada yada yada.

And we were reminded of Bones' "modesty" yet again, lest anyone forget that she is super-intelligent, super-rich, super-good looking, and now The Best Employee of The Jeffersonian.

The rescue at the end by Oswald (Didn't he shoot JFK??) was really the most ridiculous part of the show. Him and his little bullhorn. Funny stuff.

All the sneaking around, secret ladders in closets; I half expected to see Zack emerge from the secret tunnel connected to the Temple of Cthulhu, built under the Jeffersonian by the Freemasons.

MeaghanRennick

[35]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 3
    charmed4eva112 wrote:
    vinsfins wrote:

That scene with Booth shooting the door does look awesome. However I'm looking forward to Booth firing that rifle, that looks awesome. I'm also going to make a supposition and say that the rifle belongs to Hodgins, our resident conspiracy theorist. I want to hear what excuse he gives Cam and Brennan for hiding a rifle that is the same model as the one that shot JFK in the Jeffersonian.

Global TV used to air Bones on Wednesday but they moved it to Thursday to coincide with the airing in the States on Fox. Usual reasons, I suppose

And just when I was enjoying it on Wednesdays. Canadians barely get any shows airing before the Americans, so having Bones one day earlier was really nice, plus it used up my Wednesday at 8pm slot. I hope it's just temporary. I really like seeing the episode a day earlier instead of having it on Thursdays. But oh well, what can you do?

I got to agree there. I miss being able to watch it twice
    Although, I wouldn't say that Canadians barely get any shows early. Not as much anymore, but Human Target was on a few days early both new episodes, and I still watch The Mentalist at 8 pm my time instead of 11 pm.

As for the episode, I loved the B and B stuff, but I didn't really care for the rest of it. The whole pregnancy test I figured there was no way it would've been Daisy or Michelle, but it being resolved in the episode was a bit of a letdown and a relief, because it just doesn't fit in with Bones. I loved that Brennan did something for Booth just to make him feel better, instead of always the other way around. Booth's boss in the episode was actually funny when he wasn't trying anything with Bones, so that was good with me. Most of the episode I either forget of didn't pay attention to because of a filling I got that day that hurt and my sister's in the hospital.

penelope1985

[36]Jan 22, 2010
    RoverGuy wrote:

Another laughable episode: 4/10. This ranks up there with the Body Stealing episode (Double Death...) as being the most ridiculous.

Michelle is pregnant

Michelle is not pregnant

Angela is pregnant

Angela is not pregnant

If she was really pregnant I can see the episode now: "The Baby in the Slut", getting into moral arguments on responsibility, abortion, adoption, etc. And now on a very special episode of Blossom...yada yada yada.

And we were reminded of Bones' "modesty" yet again, lest anyone forget that she is super-intelligent, super-rich, super-good looking, and now The Best Employee of The Jeffersonian.

The rescue at the end by Oswald (Didn't he shoot JFK??) was really the most ridiculous part of the show. Him and his little bullhorn. Funny stuff.

All the sneaking around, secret ladders in closets; I half expected to see Zack emerge from the secret tunnel connected to the Temple of Cthulhu, built under the Jeffersonian by the Freemasons.

"The baby in the slut"? Really?

Justlikeheaven_

[37]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 33
    awwwww..... i absolutely loved this episode. Booth and brennan were so cute in this episode! I wish they would get together already. they are perfect for each other....and that really showed it in this episode.

haldrey

[38]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 22
    If there is a show that can be called nearly perfect, Bones is one of them. Just watch this episode and that is all the proof anyone needs.

Geri08

[39]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 31
    Ratings for this episode....Bones just gets better and better...
    ~~

http://bonesspoilers.blogspot.com/2010/01/ratings-for-proof-in-pudding.html

pgsuperfan

[40]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 25
    I liked the JFK tie in and Angela thinking she was pregnant