Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Discussion : 5x16 The Parts in the Sum of the Whole (100th Episode)

  • Avatar of penelope1985

    penelope1985

    [1]Apr 6, 2010
    • member since: 09/18/06
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 2,373

    32 Hours until the episode airs in Canada! Let the speculation begin! (even though there's nothing to speculate about)

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Edward_Nigma

    Edward_Nigma

    [2]Apr 6, 2010
    • member since: 10/10/05
    • level: 54
    • rank: Prison Warden
    • posts: 2,853
    How has no one posted on this within the last 10 hours?!?!?! I can't wait for this, I've been waiting forever for this...I hope it's wonderful!! Don't let me down Bones, give us all an amazing milestone episode!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OnePerCentClub

    OnePerCentClub

    [3]Apr 6, 2010
    • member since: 11/16/06
    • level: 35
    • rank: Beverly Hillbilly
    • posts: 2,576
    I agree! They'd better not disappoint us! Can't wait. I won't sleep, I promise.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of michelle9145

    michelle9145

    [4]Apr 6, 2010
    • member since: 03/02/10
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 56

    Devastated. My parents are taking us all down south tomorrow and I'm thinking I won't be able to see the 100th ep til Monday, I'm going to cry! Hopefully it's up in the morning!!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OnePerCentClub

    OnePerCentClub

    [5]Apr 6, 2010
    • member since: 11/16/06
    • level: 35
    • rank: Beverly Hillbilly
    • posts: 2,576
    Don't go!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of utgotye

    utgotye

    [6]Apr 6, 2010
    • member since: 03/26/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 113
    As excited as I am, I am also feeling dread. This episode could make or break the season as far as I'm concerned. If they don't maintain some modicum of reality as far as relationships (I don't care how unconventional, rejection is often worse than physical pain) go, I may not even care how the rest of the season (series?) goes. That being said, I'm honestly losing interest in B&B as a romantic couple. I'm really beginning not to care. It's been stretched out for so long that I'm rapidly becoming of the mind that Booth should just move on because it's never going to happen, or even if it does, it won't be like you thought and he will just resent her for it. Better that you just find some attractive, blue-eyed, brunette scientist to date and save yourself a bunch of heartache. Or maybe I should say a bunch more heartache.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of helen_dreamer26

    helen_dreamer26

    [7]Apr 6, 2010
    • member since: 11/22/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 44

    utgotye wrote:
    As excited as I am, I am also feeling dread. This episode could make or break the season as far as I'm concerned. If they don't maintain some modicum of reality as far as relationships (I don't care how unconventional, rejection is often worse than physical pain) go, I may not even care how the rest of the season (series?) goes. That being said, I'm honestly losing interest in B&B as a romantic couple. I'm really beginning not to care. It's been stretched out for so long that I'm rapidly becoming of the mind that Booth should just move on because it's never going to happen, or even if it does, it won't be like you thought and he will just resent her for it. Better that you just find some attractive, blue-eyed, brunette scientist to date and save yourself a bunch of heartache. Or maybe I should say a bunch more heartache.


    Hey I know the feeling, I was so excited for these two characters in another show, but they have stretched it was past 100 episodes that I don't care what happenes anymore (concerning their relationship). I am still holding out hopefor B&B though. However they can't keep this up for much longer. Unless they find a loop hole. All I can hope for is that things will turn out all right in the end. *keeps fingures crossed*

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of michelle9145

    michelle9145

    [8]Apr 7, 2010
    • member since: 03/02/10
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 56

    OnePerCentClub wrote:
    Don't go!


    I wish I didn't have to! No internet where I'm going, so I won't even be able to read about it! I'm praying that I'll be able to see it just before we leave.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ARollingStone11

    ARollingStone11

    [9]Apr 7, 2010
    • member since: 03/28/10
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 90
    I can't wait till the episode, I hope it's really really good. Gonna love the flashback, almost been waiting for it since the pilot.

    I agree with some people when it comes to B&B. Yes, I would like to see them together. BUT, I'm starting to hope that Booth finds some else. Like House&Cuddy and Tony&Ziva it's starting to take tooooooo long. Booth deserves to be happy, not miserable when it comes to love.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of penelope1985

    penelope1985

    [10]Apr 7, 2010
    • member since: 09/18/06
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 2,373
    almost 12 hours away...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Meaghanlr92

    Meaghanlr92

    [11]Apr 7, 2010
    • member since: 11/20/09
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 122
    I agree too about it taking too long. I don't think they have to be as careful as they think - sometimes it makes matters worse.

    I'm still a little excited for the episode, but dreading what it looks like might've happened in the past with B&B. We'll see.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vinsfins

    vinsfins

    [12]Apr 7, 2010
    • member since: 09/22/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 210

    Don't worry in about 12 hours Canadians will come on this message board and spoil it! I for one am looking forward to this episode because even though we know a bit about what happens, the complete story will never cease to amaze!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ARollingStone11

    ARollingStone11

    [13]Apr 7, 2010
    • member since: 03/28/10
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 90
    I'm very excited about the episode, since the pilot I've been wondering about the first time they worked together. I hope the Canadians don't spoil it, if they do, what's they point of watching the episode then?

    As for B&B, yes I suppose they do get some progress in their relationship, but I guess it's taking a step back before taking two steps forward. But I am starting to get a bit indifferent about them ending up together, even tho them ending up together would be a perfect end to the show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Geri08

    Geri08

    [14]Apr 7, 2010
    • member since: 03/22/08
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 11,631
    ARollingStone11 wrote:
    I hope the Canadians don't spoil it, if they do, what's they point of watching the episode then?

    As for B&B, yes I suppose they do get some progress in their relationship, but I guess it's taking a step back before taking two steps forward. But I am starting to get a bit indifferent about them ending up together, even tho them ending up together would be a perfect end to the show.


    I am not just saying this to you but to everyone who has stated that they hope the Canadians don't spoil us...That is what this thread is for...to discuss this episode both before and after it is aired...If you do not want to be spoiled then stay away after it airs on Global tonight...The Canadians and those of us who see it after it airs in Canada will be on here giving our views on it and talking to other people who have seen it too...

    With regards to BB, gosh I want to see them together just as much as anyone...however, I fear that HH and the PTB are going to string us along a little longer, but the ride will be good! I really do think that he can not continue to keep them apart for much longer though in whatever reality...My one wish is that when they do get together that Hart will give us at least one whole season of them in their new relationship...I hope that we get many more seasons to come...With regards to Booth finally being happy, if not with Bones, then with someone else...I have to say that I really can not see how people can decide that Booth is the more wounded of these two and deserves more happiness...Brennan has been through as much pain as Booth and he has been there for her...but she has been equally there for him...think of ALL that she has done for him...Emotions scare her...Booth has always known that, we have always known that...I think if he gives up on her, on them, at this stage, she will look on it as a form of betrayal to a certain degree...just someone else who has let her down and just when she was beginning to completely trust him and admit to some of those feelings...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of penelope1985

    penelope1985

    [15]Apr 7, 2010
    • member since: 09/18/06
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 2,373
    Geri08 wrote:
    I am not just saying this to you but to everyone who has stated that they hope the Canadians don't spoil us...That is what this thread is for...to discuss this episode both before and after it is aired...If you do not want to be spoiled then stay away after it airs on Global tonight...The Canadians and those of us who see it after it airs in Canada will be on here giving our views on it and talking to other people who have seen it too...

    With regards to BB, gosh I want to see them together just as much as anyone...however, I fear that HH and the PTB are going to string us along a little longer, but the ride will be good! I really do think that he can not continue to keep them apart for much longer though in whatever reality...My one wish is that when they do get together that Hart will give us at least one whole season of them in their new relationship...I hope that we get many more seasons to come...With regards to Booth finally being happy, if not with Bones, then with someone else...I have to say that I really can not see how people can decide that Booth is the more wounded of these two and deserves more happiness...Brennan has been through as much pain as Booth and he has been there for her...but she has been equally there for him...think of ALL that she has done for him...Emotions scare her...Booth has always known that, we have always known that...I think if he gives up on her, on them, at this stage, she will look on it as a form of betrayal to a certain degree...just someone else who has let her down and just when she was beginning to completely trust him and admit to some of those feelings...


    Ger at least the whole we're just partners stuff will end...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Geri08

    Geri08

    [16]Apr 7, 2010
    • member since: 03/22/08
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 11,631

    penelope1985 wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    I am not just saying this to you but to everyone who has stated that they hope the Canadians don't spoil us...That is what this thread is for...to discuss this episode both before and after it is aired...If you do not want to be spoiled then stay away after it airs on Global tonight...The Canadians and those of us who see it after it airs in Canada will be on here giving our views on it and talking to other people who have seen it too... With regards to BB, gosh I want to see them together just as much as anyone...however, I fear that HH and the PTB are going to string us along a little longer, but the ride will be good! I really do think that he can not continue to keep them apart for much longer though in whatever reality...My one wish is that when they do get together that Hart will give us at least one whole season of them in their new relationship...I hope that we get many more seasons to come...With regards to Booth finally being happy, if not with Bones, then with someone else...I have to say that I really can not see how people can decide that Booth is the more wounded of these two and deserves more happiness...Brennan has been through as much pain as Booth and he has been there for her...but she has been equally there for him...think of ALL that she has done for him...Emotions scare her...Booth has always known that, we have always known that...I think if he gives up on her, on them, at this stage, she will look on it as a form of betrayal to a certain degree...just someone else who has let her down and just when she was beginning to completely trust him and admit to some of those feelings...
    Ger at least the whole we're just partners stuff will end...
    Funny you say that...I have not actually heard either of them say that in some time...Not even Bones!...But I hear what you're saying!


    Edited on 04/07/2010 8:49am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of penelope1985

    penelope1985

    [17]Apr 7, 2010
    • member since: 09/18/06
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 2,373
    Geri08 wrote:

    penelope1985 wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    I am not just saying this to you but to everyone who has stated that they hope the Canadians don't spoil us...That is what this thread is for...to discuss this episode both before and after it is aired...If you do not want to be spoiled then stay away after it airs on Global tonight...The Canadians and those of us who see it after it airs in Canada will be on here giving our views on it and talking to other people who have seen it too... With regards to BB, gosh I want to see them together just as much as anyone...however, I fear that HH and the PTB are going to string us along a little longer, but the ride will be good! I really do think that he can not continue to keep them apart for much longer though in whatever reality...My one wish is that when they do get together that Hart will give us at least one whole season of them in their new relationship...I hope that we get many more seasons to come...With regards to Booth finally being happy, if not with Bones, then with someone else...I have to say that I really can not see how people can decide that Booth is the more wounded of these two and deserves more happiness...Brennan has been through as much pain as Booth and he has been there for her...but she has been equally there for him...think of ALL that she has done for him...Emotions scare her...Booth has always known that, we have always known that...I think if he gives up on her, on them, at this stage, she will look on it as a form of betrayal to a certain degree...just someone else who has let her down and just when she was beginning to completely trust him and admit to some of those feelings...
    Ger at least the whole we're just partners stuff will end...
    Funny you say that...I have not actually heard either of them say that in some time...Not even Bones!...But I hear what you're saying!




    I think Bones and Booth told Hank... more than once...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ARollingStone11

    ARollingStone11

    [18]Apr 7, 2010
    • member since: 03/28/10
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 90
    I want Bones to go on for as many seasons as possible, and if B&B get together I would love to see the challenges they must go thru. They are both wounded yes, but I can't remember Bones admit any feelings toward Booth. And as far as Booth being the more wounded one, maybe he isn't. But Bones have at times seemed more cold and she has the ability to compartmentalize.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of utgotye

    utgotye

    [19]Apr 7, 2010
    • member since: 03/26/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 113
    I'm not saying that he shouldn't remain her partner and friend. He should just come to terms with the apparent fact that she either doesn't feel the same way or she does and will never be willing to take a risk. By waiting on her, he's making himself miserable. And yes, she has been there for him, but he's been there for her a lot more. And she's said and done some things that, if it were me, I highly doubt I'd be on good terms with her anymore. I can all but guarantee you that Booth has been insulted and/or screwed over by her more than she has by him. I'm not saying that he deserves to be happier than her, but I think most reasonable people might agree that A) most of their unhappiness is, directly or indirectly, of their own making, and B) that Booth is in worse shape right now. I think that she will reject him and his feelings, either because of fear and the fact that she doesn't really trust him as much as she claims (and that she did think of something that she wasn't willing to do to help him) or because she wants to test him. We will find out soon enough however. I just hope that realism/reality comes into play at some point because that window is closing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vinsfins

    vinsfins

    [20]Apr 7, 2010
    • member since: 09/22/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 210

    It appears that the common belief is that Brennan is not ready for a relationship with Booth, and at the end of the episode she tells him she's not ready for one and breaks Booth's heart, etc. What if it's the other way around, what if Booth, despite the fact that he has feelings for her, is not sure yet that hewants be in a relationship with her. Frankly, my money is on Booth being the one decide that they should just remain partners. But, last week I was wrong (Damn you Sweets and your damn proposal!!!) so I'll be ready to eat crow if I'm wrong this week too.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.