Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Discussion: 5x17 The death of the Queen Bee

penelope1985

[1]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 21

Discuss!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Meaghanlr92

[2]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 4
    I'm first! (or I am right now)

Definitely looking forward to the episode to see the dance between B&B and to see how they recover from last week, but I'm thinking they aren't really going to mention it.

vinsfins

[3]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 11

I'm looking forward to whatever backlash there will be from last week's episode. And Angela breaking up with Wendell.... Good riddance to that relationship!!!

penelope1985

[4]Apr 14, 2010
    Yes i just hope they address it even in a non direct way.

Hirundine

[5]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 26
    That whole "last dance" thing they've got going on in the promo pics looks sufficiently uncomfortable.

penelope1985

[6]Apr 14, 2010
    Hirundine wrote:
    That whole "last dance" thing they've got going on in the promo pics looks sufficiently uncomfortable.

The promo looks uncomfortable but the stills look magical.

Sarcastic-Bones

[7]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 6
    penelope1985 wrote:
    Hirundine wrote:

Agreed!

I cannot wait for this episode. I'm feeling that the 100th may not be mentioned much between Brennan/Booth but hopefully something about it will be mentioned and not totally ignored.
    I'm hoping that Angela picks up on something, too.
    Anyway, all we can do is wait and see.

Starprincess13

[8]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 24

Sarcastic-Bones wrote:
    I'm feeling that the 100th may not be mentioned much between Brennan/Booth but hopefully something about it will be mentioned and not totally ignored.

That's what I'm thinking will happen as well. They're both upset by what happened and since Booth is trying to move on, they probably will try to not mention it. It would be nice if we got something but I won't be devastated if we don't.

I found the promo for this episode really funny so I'm very excited. Less than four hours to go!!!

Starprincess13

[9]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 24

vinsfins wrote:

And Angela breaking up with Wendell.... Good riddance to that relationship!!!

Oh, yeah! I had nearly forgotten about that. I'm excited for that as well. I love Wendell but I want Angela with Hodgins.

penelope1985

[10]Apr 14, 2010
    Starprincess13 wrote:

Sarcastic-Bones wrote:
    I'm feeling that the 100th may not be mentioned much between Brennan/Booth but hopefully something about it will be mentioned and not totally ignored.

That's what I'm thinking will happen as well. They're both upset by what happened and since Booth is trying to move on, they probably will try to not mention it. It would be nice if we got something but I won't be devastated if we don't.

I found the promo for this episode really funny so I'm very excited. Less than four hours to go!!!

yeah I'll watch first thing in the morning... I hope that they have even the slightest mention to the 100th

idlescribe

[11]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 9
    penelope1985 wrote:
    Hirundine wrote:

I generally avoid all material before watching the actual show. I must have clicked on this thread by accident, so I will pretend I have not seen this, I have not seen this...

Hirundine

[12]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 26

Sorry! But with it airing today there'll be a lot of spoilers in this thread soon. Run awaaaaay.

(or stay and read. You know you want to. )

Edited on 04/14/2010 2:31pm

Geri08

[13]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 31
    idlescribe wrote:
    penelope1985 wrote:
    Hirundine wrote:

I generally avoid all material before watching the actual show. I must have clicked on this thread by accident, so I will pretend I have not seen this, I have not seen this...

Seen what?....

idlescribe

[14]Apr 14, 2010
    Geri08 wrote:
    idlescribe wrote:
    penelope1985 wrote:
    Hirundine wrote:

Seen what?....

I wrote quickly, so eager I was to run away: Before stopping by this thread I checked the one about the last 6 'season 5' episodes, the thread I believe you started. I should never have done that. I now feel you guys have the grail/truth and whatever I can say after watching an episode is well, totally meaningless and of course always off...

Geri08

[15]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 31
    idlescribe wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    idlescribe wrote:
    penelope1985 wrote:
    Hirundine wrote:

Seen what?....

I wrote quickly, so eager I was to run away: Before stopping by this thread I checked the one about the last 6 'season 5' episodes, the thread I believe you started. I should never have done that. I now feel you guys have the grail/truth and whatever I can say after watching an episode is well, totally meaningless and of course always off...

Lol! I was just been facetious, ironic! I have read alot of you comments on episodes and they are always very insightful and interesting...That thread is speculation mostly but I must admit there are alot of spoilers too...Hope you stay spoiler free as much as possible and see you and your comments after the episode...

idlescribe

[16]Apr 14, 2010
    Geri08 wrote:
    idlescribe wrote:

[...]

Lol! I was just been facetious, ironic! I have read alot of you comments on episodes and they are always very insightful and interesting...That thread is speculation mostly but I must admit there are alot of spoilers too...Hope you stay spoiler free as much as possible and see you and your comments after the episode...

Thanks! I will follow your advice and return only after having watched it. About the spoilers thread, I am determined to stay away as well, but when one has tasted milk and honey - even with sour milk, it's harder to ignore the new world of possibilities...

IsabelleProvenc

[17]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 2
    Spoilers !!!!!!

I just watched the episode and it was great. Felt creppy!!! One of my favorite part was the first dance. It was unconfortable at first because Bones grabe Booth so tight. It was a great moment. I'm gonna watch it again.

vinsfins

[19]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 11

Compared to last weeks episode many will probably feel that this one was definitely a let down. Lets just remember that every now and then we need a breather and that not every episode is going to be full of emotional angst.These are not the Days of Our Lives!

It was all business as usual between Booth and Brennan with onlytwo short scenesto address the situation that arose between them in the last episdoe, one between Sweets and Booth andanotherbetween Booth and Brennan.So we are allowed to acknowledge what happened last episode without dwelling on it forever (cause again, not a soap opera!)

All in all, this episode was true to the sides that were released.

Highlights: As a Nightmare on Elm Street fan, Robert Englund was a joy to watch. He definitely did not lose any of his sinister presence which was out in full force... I actually thought that Andy Pfleuger was more creepier ("These are all my girls...") all though they broke cannon with Bones saying that he was the one with the crush! And he definitely didn't look, or act,like someone who used to bea popular kidand varsity lacrosse captain. Angela finally breaks up with Wendell and I break out into cartwheels! Hodgins accidentally spills about the almost pregnancy and WendelltellsAngela thathe'd step up and do his duty... and Angela doesn't want to feel like a duty. The ending scene was a change because instead of just Bones and Booth together sharing a drink and talking shop, we have the whole group and Bones stating that they are her true friends. Last but not least, the dance between Booth and Brennan: First I laughed at their grade-eight-first-dance-impression then Bones tears up because she never was at prom and Booth plays white knight and holds her closer. Definitely an awwww moment with seal's kiss by a rose as a soundtrack.

ARollingStone11

[20]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 3
    I found it to be a very good episode. Glad that last episodes ending was touched upon, but I'm glad they didn't go overboard with it. Yes, things are probably awkward, but I guess we'll see more of it later. I bet that the last dance was awkward tho, at least for Booth. Buxley was extremely creepy. The case in it self was a good one, the murderer turned out to be totally psycho. Last, but not least, I'm glad I never went to high school in the US.