Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Discussion: 5x17 The death of the Queen Bee

penelope1985

[21]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 21

Μy God this episode was hilarious. Booth was like WTF all through the episode... I thought this was a perfect follow up to the 100th and as an episode a far superior one. The case kept us guessing till the end.. although that girl was really creepy.

They handled the aftermath of the 100th really well. The dance was a scene of perfection. Awkward at the beginning (- Why are you so far away? - Let's leave some room for the Holly Spirit. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL)and then it was something out of a romance textbook.

Robert Englund was creepy and GUYS that highs chool was the creepiest school in the entire planet. WTF? Teen slasher movies were not that creepy.

Wendell is out and Hodgins in back in!

The last scene was classic. Brennan was a bit OOC for me but still good. I think Brennan might be looking to re establish and environment where she is considered a friend. The reunion made her realize that she needs this. I think Brennan will open up to other people even more now. Not just to Booth. To all the lab people.

Edited on 04/15/2010 12:23am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Geri08

[22]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 31
    Loved it...I really thought that it was a perfect follow up to the 100th and did not ignore what had previously transpired between our duo...My favourite scene was probably the final one, more so than the dance but the two were very close...I loved the final scene for the fact that it showed 'friends'...her true friends and that included Booth because first and foremost he is that to her...I believe the best relationships are all the stronger for the benefit of being friends first and foremost...
    ~~
    Her old alma matar was most definitely creepy...Had to love Mr. Buxley...He was creepy too and it was funny to think that the only one who truly understood him was our Bones...When Booth was finding everything he did creepy and guilty, Bones was just smiling...Actually, I had to like Becky...love how she came onto Booth from the start and how she and all of Bones' other classmates found Bones just the same as they remembered her, 'weird'!....Love how she was likened to Mortitha and Wednesday (by Booth)...So had to laugh at Andy...not what you would have expected at all and most definitely weird/creepy...
    ~~
    Just loved Jack letting it slip about Ange to Wendell...Love how he ran ahead of Wendell to get to Ange first...I thought that Wendell was a total sweetie throughout the whole episode...He most definitely is a 'sexy saint' and some girl is going to be very lucky one day...Anyone else notice that Jack seems to always say the right thing (at least in Ange's eyes)...
    ~~
    And the dance scene...we got it right with Seal 'Kiss from a rose'...Had to love how he held her far from him to start and 'leaving room for the Holy Spirit'...But when Booth saw her tearing up and she said 'I never got to go to my prom', just absolutely loved, loved that 'look' on Booth's face before he pulled her to him close and danced...It just said, I'm a goner, what chance do I ever have at moving on!! This woman is everything to me...He never could stand to see her upset or emotional...
    ~~

So had to love Bones dancing and showing off her 'moves'...

~~

Memorable quotes...

'We have intercourse every chance we get'...

On playing doubles in tennis (Bones) 'Someone is always in your way'..

'Your right Booth' (when Booth and her are watching her classmates hack and saw)...Because Booth would have thought she meant 'creepy' but she continues with 'it's good to be back'...Lol!!

Buxley...'Smiley ones always give me the willies'...

Sweets...'Who might that be?' (to Booth when he told him he had a date next week) and 'Booth, Booth?'...

Loved this episode...

evil_guru23

[23]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 7

say cheese!

i just had to post that.....Laughing

Geri08

[24]Apr 15, 2010
    evil_guru23 wrote:

say cheese!

i just had to post that.....Laughing

Lol! Yes I had to love that...definitely cheesy...

Sarcastic-Bones

[25]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 6
    Here's a question. It's been bugging me - I don't know if any one was able to lip read what Brennan said at the end of the episode?
    I know it's not vital information or anything but I want to know. Lol.
    Any help would be great. Thanks!

KxGx

[26]Apr 15, 2010

I loved the episode and thought it was really great. I was not to keen on Booth on occasions though which is really strange for me.

I just thought that on a few occasions he pointed out brennans flaws in front of her old classmates who were all too keen to point them out aswell. My particular thing was when he said almsot mockingly, thats not gossip hunny thats embarrassment. i also didnt like that whenever the girls were saying that the marraige might not work out he didnt say much, almost looked pleased but when they guy said it he was "are you serious" I'm sure its all because hes still a little put out from the last episode but it got to me a little, he's supposed to love this woman and yet seemed to side with these 'popular' girls who mocked brennan.

Still love him tho :-)

(edit for spelling ooops)

Edited on 04/15/2010 7:31am

Meaghanlr92

[27]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 4
    I didn't think I would, but I made notes again. This time it was harder to remember some things I wrote about, because I used as few words and as many shortcuts as possible, so some are almost unintelligible.

Things I liked:

- One bed! Again!

- Hand-holding

- 'We have intercourse every chance we get' conversation was hilarious (I forget what Booth said exactly after that)

- It was nice to see B&B even somewhat go undercover again

- I liked seeing them out of town for a case. It's been a while since that happened.

- The actor who played Mr. Buxley did an excellent job of being creepy.

- Seeing Angela and Brennan seem a little bit more like friends, because half of the time I wonder why they're friends if they don't spend time together

- 'Keeping room for the holy spirit' line

- The whole dance scene

- Clearly both B&B enjoyed dancing

- I liked that they did at least mention the last episode

- Mr. Buxley saying, 'People who smile like that give me the willies' - Brennan taking a picture of Booth like that

Things I didn't like:

- I thought Sweets could have said more to Booth, or that Booth could have said more to Sweets . . . I'm pretty satisfied that they mentioned what happened last week at all, so no big.

- Wendall is sweet and all, but I don't see the point of him being in the show. He's just kind of 'there'.

- I wish I could see Brennan and Angela interact as friends more often

- Wengela made no sense to begin with, so I'm glad that's over and done with

- The issue of it being the class of '94 and a fifteen year reunion. If it's supposed to be 2010 in the show, and my math is correct (then again, maybe I don't know something about reunions), it would either have to be 2009 there to be fifteen years, or her sixteen year reunion in 2010. Whoops, HH!

- There could have been a little more awkwardness with B&B, and maybe a little more tension, but I'll take what I can get. It just seemed a little to natural after what just happened to them to go right back to the way they were.

Other thoughts:

- Mr. B's den was extremely creepy

- Actually, everything about Mr. B was extremely creepy, especially when Brennan talks about how much she misses spending time with him . . . It almost made her seem crazy in a way

- Andy was quite creepy with the names and saying 'My girls' . . . Creepy!

- There was something too natural about B&B calling each other 'honey' and 'sweetie' or whatever they did . . . There was something about it I can't put my finger on.

- I wrote something that said 'W/H nice, I guess too nat. (natural)' and if you know what I meant, please help me out.

- The episode wasn't really special, but it was decent and the creep factor was nice. - Overall, I thought Booth would be more beat up about the whole rejection thing, but since carrying one thing from an episode to the next is sometimes an issue with this show, it was handled pretty well.

TylerA46

[28]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 11

Geri08 wrote:
    Memorable quotes... 'We have intercourse every chance we get'... On playing doubles in tennis (Bones) 'Someone is always in your way'.. 'Your right Booth' (when Booth and her are watching her classmates hack and saw)...Because Booth would have thought she meant 'creepy' but she continues with 'it's good to be back'...Lol!! Buxley...'Smiley ones always give me the willies'... Sweets...'Who might that be?' (to Booth when he told him he had a date next week) and 'Booth, Booth?'... Loved this episode...

"Gee, can't imagine, why this guy was a suspect."

"You care for some ribs, ??? and juicy?"

"Girl like yourself, with marginal social standing..."

Meaghanlr92

[29]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 4
    Also, if anyone was curious as to what the Seal song was playing in the background as Bones and Booth were dancing, it was 'Kiss from a rose'.

KxGx

[30]Apr 15, 2010
    I know this is not the time or place but i actually screamed a little when they started dancing to kiss from a rose. The reason being (and i'm in england so apologies) but My footie(soccor) team won in the north london darby last night thanks to an amazing goal from rose and thats the song they played during half time. I had that lyric as my facebook status...its was like another sign from the gods when bones played it...

I must download now.

welnoc

[31]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 9

KxGx wrote:

I loved the episode and thought it was really great. I was not to keen on Booth on occasions though which is really strange for me.

I just thought that on a few occasions he pointed out brennans flaws in front of her old classmates who were all too keen to point them out aswell. My particular thing was when he said almsot mockingly, thats not gossip hunny thats embarrassment. i also didnt like that whenever the girls were saying that the marraige might not work out he didnt say much, almost looked pleased but when they guy said it he was "are you serious" I'm sure its all because hes still a little put out from the last episode but it got to me a little, he's supposed to love this woman and yet seemed to side with these 'popular' girls who mocked brennan.

I didn't feel that way at all. Brennan is incredibly blunt and appreciates bluntness in return, she would not get subtley as Booth pointed out. I also believe that he was actually trying to mitigate or soften her comments when he jumped in.

As for him not reacting as much when the women mentioned the marriage not breaking up as opposed to the men, that was just natural gender reaction. Most men and women would be flattered by a member of the opposite sex finding them attractive, which was what the whole marriage not lasting thing was about. And conversely, they'd be jealous or protective if it appeared a member of their own sex was stepping into their territory.

I really enjoyed the episode and felt that the two mentions of what had occured previously more than sufficient. The last thing either Bones or Booth would want is to dwell on it. By all means hurry on to a point where they both felt comfortable with one another again.

I feel sorry for Wendell but happy for Hodgins although I have never understood the whole "isn't Angela just the most amazing woman?" thing.

FlyingBugs

[32]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 2
    I think this was my favourite episode out of the season so far! Everyone else has put the most notable things down so I wont repeat it.

Quick question though, does anyone know what that song at the end was called? The one that was playing while they were all chatting and laughing in the bar?

I googled the lyrics but nothing came up, or at least nothing that sounded like the song.

penelope1985

[33]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 21
    Meaghanlr92 wrote:
    - I wrote something that said 'W/H nice, I guess too nat. (natural)' and if you know what I meant, please help me out.

Wendell/Hodgins nice moment between, they're friends so that's natural.
    Right?

FlyingBugs

[34]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 2
    penelope1985 wrote:
    Meaghanlr92 wrote:

Wendell/Hodgins nice moment between, they're friends so that's natural.
    Right?

Yeah I think they were just 2 friends making the best of an awkward situation.

However I disagree about Angela being amazing. She annoys me, she's like a 12 year old trapped in a grown womans body!

BarryWeen3

[35]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 14
    Meaghanlr92 wrote:
    - The actor who played Mr. Buxley did an excellent job of being creepy

It's the original Freddy Krueger, so of course he's going to be good at being creepy...

Geri08

[36]Apr 15, 2010
    Behind the Scenes photos...
    ~~
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3646099&id=19097964496#!/photo.php?pid=3646098&id=19097964496&fbid=397992319496

KxGx

[37]Apr 15, 2010
    welnoc wrote:

KxGx wrote:

I didn't feel that way at all. Brennan is incredibly blunt and appreciates bluntness in return, she would not get subtley as Booth pointed out. I also believe that he was actually trying to mitigate or soften her comments when he jumped in.

As for him not reacting as much when the women mentioned the marriage not breaking up as opposed to the men, that was just natural gender reaction. Most men and women would be flattered by a member of the opposite sex finding them attractive, which was what the whole marriage not lasting thing was about. And conversely, they'd be jealous or protective if it appeared a member of their own sex was stepping into their territory.

I really enjoyed the episode and felt that the two mentions of what had occured previously more than sufficient. The last thing either Bones or Booth would want is to dwell on it. By all means hurry on to a point where they both felt comfortable with one another again.

I feel sorry for Wendell but happy for Hodgins although I have never understood the whole "isn't Angela just the most amazing woman?" thing.

I get what you mean in relation to the gender reaction, it just annoys me when guys are like that.

As for the bluntness, i think he could have done it better. I didnt like it and i think he should have stuck up for her more.

But i did love the episode i thought it was one of the best this season particularly the case. I thought the reaction when the slow dance came on was very appropriate and felt natural.

welnoc

[38]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 9

KxGx wrote:
    welnoc wrote:

KxGx wrote:

I get what you mean in relation to the gender reaction, it just annoys me when guys are like that. As for the bluntness, i think he could have done it better. I didnt like it and i think he should have stuck up for her more. But i did love the episode i thought it was one of the best this season particularly the case. I thought the reaction when the slow dance came on was very appropriate and felt natural.

Gals are like that too in my experience. As for Booth, it could have been a somewhat subconscious need to "hurt" her a little after the big confrontation, the man is human afterall. If he was always noble and perfect I'd find him quite boring. But maybe that's just me!Tongue out

charmed4eva112

[39]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 20
    Very interesting episode; definately a perfect follow up to the 100th episode. I mean, there was the right amount of 100th episode mentioning.

Things I liked:

-Sweets and Booth's conversation at the beginning. And of course, when Sweets just knows that Booth is lying about his date. "Who is it with?" thing was funny

-Mr. Buxley. Definately on the creepy factor, and how Brennan is completely unaffected by this while Booth is like, WTF the whole time

-"I can't imagine why he's a suspect"
    "Oh, gee, maybe it's because he's standing in the shadows, holding a knife" or something like that

-Wedgela break up

-Wendell throughout the whole episode. He is definately a sexy saint. Oh come on, his reaction to Angela's almost pregnancy was great!

-The dance scene. "Keeping room for the Holy Spirit" line was really funny

Things I didn't Like:

-... not enough Hodgins? -Sweets' comments about the other girls. Isn't he supposed to have a fiancee HH? And he's flirting about other girls? Seriously? He's never been so open about girls before, and now that he's engaged, HH decides to throw in some of that? Okayyyyyy then. Literally, that's it. 8/10 episode

lrigD

[40]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 8
    It was a very good episode. I agreed with Booth when they visited Brennan's old high school, I mean, hello creepiness! It makes me wonder how I'll remember high school (I'm still in it now)...

Mr Buxley was creepy indeed, but I also found Andy Fluger to be creepy. I mean, making all those names out of wood....

The dance was classic. Like someone said, awkward at first (especially when she like hugged him and he was like 'wow! distance') and I'm glad they actually somewhat addressed the whole love thing..
    I was just noticing in that scene that Brennan looks really eager to dance with him, she just has this look... and I'm wondering, what is it? Simply wanting to dance or wanting to be close to him? I wonder if it's the first step towards her feeling she made a mistake...

Angela and Wendell... no surprises there. I somehow missed the spoilers, but I'm kind of glad they broke up. Wendell is amazing, he's one of those inherently good guys, but I don't think he's the perfect one for Angela. Angela's a lot wilder, less inhibited, and I think Hodgins can be like that more than Wendell. I'm glad Wendell acknowledged that Hodgins will always be a possibility, always be 'that guy', and it makes me respect him even more for maintaining such a good friendship with Hodgins.

Yeah... good episode. Though the ending felt really out of character for Brennan!