Official Discussion: 5x17 The death of the Queen Bee

OnePerCentClub

[61]Apr 16, 2010
    • level: 35

Ratings for last night's episode, with almost 10 million viewers.

Flat vs. last week, but still doing good!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Hirundine

[62]Apr 16, 2010
    • level: 26
    OnePerCentClub wrote:
    I don't think she doesn't know by now that Booth will never cheat on her, or leave her or be mean to her. The man loves her!

To be fair, previous ep she says she's protecting *him* from *her.* At least she realizes she's messed up.

Mossy_42

[63]Apr 16, 2010
    • level: 3

What struck me about Brennan's behaviour in this episode is that she seems to be trying to get her 'friendship' with Booth back, by acting like nothing happened. She thinks he's okay with that, with being friends, so she starts to behave around him like she did before. The only problem is that what Booth and Brennan had wasn't a friendship, it was more. What Brennan doesn't get is that dating Booth wouldn't be all that different to what they've been doing for the last few years - she was well capable of hurting him, of breaking his heart, and she really did. Booth isn't ready to be like that with her again, I'm not sure he ever will be if he's determined to move on (I personally doubt he'll ever be able to, but he'll surely try).

Hopefully when Brennan talks to Angela about this (it has to happen), she'll talk some sense into her, because today it was just painful to watch her be so clueless. If she really understood what was going on, she wouldn't have asked him to dance. I didn't really expect her to understand, though.

Jacky1989

[64]Apr 16, 2010
    • level: 15

OnePerCentClub wrote:
    I don't think she doesn't know by now that Booth will never cheat on her, or leave her or be mean to her. The man loves her!

I guess she knows that he loves her, but she has problems trusting him that he will never hurt her. I mean, she has been disappointed and hurt by her parents and brother, who love her, and she works on those cases where people cheat and kill each other. She has seen how cruel people can be and how hurt others get. Who wouldn't have problems trusting in people? Even compartmentalized Brennan.

penelope1985

[65]Apr 16, 2010
    • level: 21
    Jacky1989 wrote:

OnePerCentClub wrote:

I guess she knows that he loves her, but she has problems trusting him that he will never hurt her. I mean, she has been disappointed and hurt by her parents and brother, who love her, and she works on those cases where people cheat and kill each other. She has seen how cruel people can be and how hurt others get. Who wouldn't have problems trusting in people? Even compartmentalized Brennan.

Mostly I think she doesn't trust herself to love him in 5 years or 10

Jacky1989

[66]Apr 16, 2010

penelope1985 wrote:
    Jacky1989 wrote:

OnePerCentClub wrote:

You're right. That's also a major part of it. Unfortunately.

idlescribe

[67]Apr 16, 2010
    • level: 9
    Jacky1989 wrote:

penelope1985 wrote:
    Jacky1989 wrote:

OnePerCentClub wrote:

You're right. That's also a major part of it. Unfortunately.

Too bad, because there is no mathematical model for that one. She'll have to learn to trust those guts of hers...

OnePerCentClub

[68]Apr 16, 2010
    Jacky1989 wrote:

But Brennan is super smart! I mean, hasnt' she learned anything from Booth by now? Hasn't she gotten to know him after all this time? She should know that he loves her and she should get over whatever happened to her and give herself a chance to be happy by talking to the man that is crazy about her and establish the 'rules' about their relationship.
    penelope1985 wrote:

I know, that may be her main problem. Question is: How can one not love a man like Booth in 5 or 10 years if he is so damn hot?

idlescribe

[69]Apr 16, 2010
    OnePerCentClub wrote:

I know, that may be her main problem. Question is: How can one not love a man like Booth in 5 or 10 years if he is so damn hot?

I would say the latter is the one thing she is pretty much sure about: He won't always be so damn hot...
    Edited on 04/16/2010 2:24pm

Jacky1989

[70]Apr 16, 2010

OnePerCentClub wrote:
    Jacky1989 wrote:
    But Brennan is super smart! I mean, hasnt' she learned anything from Booth by now? Hasn't she gotten to know him after all this time? She should know that he loves her and she should get over whatever happened to her and give herself a chance to be happy by talking to the man that is crazy about her and establish the 'rules' about their relationship.

I'm with you on that. Of course she should. And I think she has learnt a lot from him and she's trying. But it kills her that she doesn't know she can do it. That she can't be a 100% certain it will work out. Because she'sso smart and rational and usually has a answer for everything and can calculate what will happen, it's difficult for her to accept that she can't know what will happen and if a relationship with Booth succeeds. And unless she's not a 100% sure, she won't do it because he's too important to her to gamble on. At least for now. But that will hopefully change.

idlescribe wrote:
    OnePerCentClub wrote:
    I would say the latter is the one thing she is pretty much sure about: He won't always be so damn hot...

A little bit mean, but still true.

OnePerCentClub

[71]Apr 16, 2010
    idlescribe wrote:
    OnePerCentClub wrote:

Well I meant that as a joke -althought I keep thinking he will be - But she has to know that HE will love her forever. And you know what? I doubt that there can be another man than can love her as much as Booth does or someone that can put up with her and her troubled past. Or her success. And if she finds one, is she going to say that to that man too? She will end up alone.

grissomsidle

[72]Apr 16, 2010
    • level: 17
    OnePerCentClub wrote:
    idlescribe wrote:
    OnePerCentClub wrote:

Well I meant that as a joke -althought I keep thinking he will be - But she has to know that HE will love her forever. And you know what? I doubt that there can be another man than can love her as much as Booth does or someone that can put up with her and her troubled past. Or her success. And if she finds one, is she going to say that to that man too? She will end up alone.

Yeah and you know the song that when I hear it that makes me think of Tempe needs to do it's Listen to Your Heart by DHT the slow version. If she doesn't do it and realize that Booth's worth the risk then .

pgsuperfan

[73]Apr 16, 2010
    • level: 25

I am starting to think that Bones and Booth will never be a couple, well maybe in the series finale whenever that happens

penelope1985

[74]Apr 17, 2010
    idlescribe wrote:
    OnePerCentClub wrote:

So effing true. The thing is that Brennan may be cynical but she's right about one fact: people get bored of other people no matter how good looking or smart or intresting they are. What she doesn't get at all is that there are exceptions...

djboy76

[75]Apr 17, 2010

1. Internet/digital video doesn't go static when cut off.

2. When/why would Booth have admitted he had feelings for Bones, when he refused to in the previous episode, and there was only that conversation between them later on when they walked out?

3. "So many fond memories of this place." Not quite the same words, but essentially what I was thinking at the time.

4. Angela and Wendell: Them together was always an odd match, and it's better being over really; Wendell even already knew that. P.S. he's very hot.

5. Everybody cracking onto Booth was very funny.

6. I had "it's probably the blonde chick" at the time she first appeared cos she had this crazy clinginess, then "yep, definitely the blonde chick" at the class photos thing. Is it just me or has the series shifted from the "who" to the "how". I mean, it was always about the how, as it leads to the who. But lately it seems kind of like, the murder weapon was..... dun-dun-DUUUUN.... [insert how]. Oh, yeah, P.S. [insert who] did it.

Edited on 04/17/2010 2:58am
    Edited 3 total times.

Geri08

[76]Apr 17, 2010
    • level: 31
    penelope1985 wrote:
    idlescribe wrote:
    OnePerCentClub wrote:

So effing true. The thing is that Brennan may be cynical but she's right about one fact: people get bored of other people no matter how good looking or smart or intresting they are. What she doesn't get at all is that there are exceptions...

Lol! So true!

Hirundine

[77]Apr 17, 2010
    • level: 26
    djboy76 wrote:

1. Internet/digital video doesn't go static when cut off.

I was wondering why they did that.

idlescribe

[78]Apr 17, 2010
    penelope1985 wrote:
    idlescribe wrote:
    OnePerCentClub wrote:

You mean she doesn't get she might also be an exception? Because I thought she had pretty much established he was one, meaning that he could commit forever...
    She seemed not to trust herself more than to question his love in the 100th when she said: "I don't have your kind of open heart" (?)

PS: I think I understood her better after watching that scene again. I also realised that considering how she is, Booth could have insisted. He didn't go all out, but I still find unfair to blame him...

penelope1985

[79]Apr 21, 2010
    http://fiery-twilight.livejournal.com/293839.html#cutid1

SQUEECAP

danharr

[80]May 5, 2010
    • level: 45

Great episode perfectly timed as we prepared for Nightmare on Elm Street in 3 weeks we get freddy kregar as a guest star lol! The episode was great on all points the relationship stuff was handled and moved on past quickly, the case was gory, fun and the actors and the story were all intersting. Episodes like this keep me coming back when I say a season will be may last if the rest of the season goes this way I'll be back next year.