Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Discussion - 5x19 The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle

penelope1985

[1]Apr 28, 2010
    • level: 21

Discuss!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Geri08

[2]Apr 28, 2010
    • level: 31
    Looking forward to this as usual for the BB stuff...hope that it is positive...

penelope1985

[3]Apr 28, 2010
    I think the BB stuff might get really bad before they get good...

Geri08

[4]Apr 28, 2010
    I know...but my poor little heart has to hope!

Starprincess13

[5]Apr 28, 2010
    • level: 24

I'm looking forward to this episode (mainly the B&B duet) but I don't know if I will be able to watch it as it airs. I have a previous engagement and might not get back in time to watch it. Darn.

Edward_Nigma

[6]Apr 28, 2010
    • level: 54
    So not looking forward to this one....lol.

penelope1985

[7]Apr 28, 2010
    Edward_Nigma wrote:
    So not looking forward to this one....lol.

what? why? the sneak peeks are amazing...

pdsldl

[8]Apr 28, 2010
    • level: 7

Thank goodness this was so much better than the last 2 weeks. Enjoyed the duet and even enjoyed the B&B moments. They were back to being themselves with what would be normal for 2 people who love each other but are trying to deny it. Don't know why the writing was so bad for the 2 previous episodes but they are back and it looks hopeful on all romantic fronts. Only complaint is that Sweets is getting annoyingly more like Daisy. I hope that doesn't continue because she grates on my nerves most of the time.

utgotye

[9]Apr 29, 2010
    • level: 4

Best episode since Christmas IMO. I don't think the writing was bad so much as it was different. They wrote the characters differently as a way to reflect the awkwardness brought about by her rejection of him.

Temperance usually does a very good job at hiding emotions from those around her but in this episode I thought she was as transparent as she's ever been.

***SPOILER***

Good for Cam! Loved her in this episode after basically getting screwed in the last...three for sure, maybe more. I really liked Arastoo as well.

Geri08

[10]Apr 29, 2010
    Just checkin in and I am going WHEW!...Only two reviews so far but I value them...Will go watch soon after I have run a few errands...

ARollingStone11

[11]Apr 29, 2010
    • level: 3
    I really enjoyed the episode. But I think I'd prefer the Simpsons' Rock & Roll Fantasy Camp to the one in Bones. Loved the Hodgins/Arastoo scenes even though I'm not a fan of baseball. Glad for Cam, but a weird way to meet someone. Let's just hope it lasts.

Brennan, well, her taste in music is just hopeless and she's is no Keith Richards. Her faith in her self is just getting more and more annoying. I get that it is who she is, but even people with minimal social skills understands that tooting one horns in front of friends over and over again is not good.

Her bringing up Catherine seemed to me to not be that much jealousy, but an unhealthy interest or maybe a way for her to connect with Booth so that their partnership don't get weird.

And last, their duet just made me cringe.

penelope1985

[12]Apr 29, 2010

Yes! Their duet was cringe worthy! Both of them were out of tune.

I loved the fact that they mentioned the Led Zepelin reunion concert in London that DB has mentioned he attended in every interview he has given to a british radio or tv.

I liked the episode. Brennan was really jealous. I mean she even asked Cam about Catherine and Booth. She asked Cam! She kept bring Catherine up all the time. Does she do this? Does she do that? She's jealous and scared she might lose her relationship with Booth. That's why in the end out of the blue she tells him " Our partnership is still important to me."

I like Cam's new boyfriend. I hope he sticks around.

I didn't like Hodgins's comments to Arastoo in the first scene in the lab. All American Muslim? Really? And then they bonded over baseball. That was kinda cute. I would love them as friends. Does that mean Wendell is out for good

Sweets was a very sweet fan girl.

The rock stuff was interesting but also really lame. I would never want to be seen at that camp...

Edited on 04/29/2010 12:24am

Geri08

[13]Apr 29, 2010
    I enjoyed it...

My expectations for the Rock Camp were non-existent as I have never seen one in action, nor do I like Rock (I know sacrilegious to some), so I was not disappointed in anyway...The case and the camp were only secondary for me in this episode but I enjoyed all the same...leaving very little of the really good stuff though...

I loved Arastoo in this...and his interactions with Hodgins and Bones...So had to laugh at Sweets, and Booth trying to keep a hold of his enthusiasm (fangirl was a good description Penelope)...I got, with Bones, when she was mentioning Catherine all the time, with Booth it was more letting him know that she was alright with this new arrangement (although she isn't), with Cam it was just a way of her guaging what's really going on because normally she would ask Booth and she can not here...

A scene I really liked was the one where Bones and Booth interviewed the poor suspect who has been deceived...I loved her comment to him when he mentioned about having all the girls for sex 'that was quite a good night for you'...I loved Hodgins comment on Cam asking 'is there a testicle up here' (on the platform), Hodgins replying 'four that I know of'...

Liked Cam's boyfriend too and had to smile at the 'conversation' between Michelle and Cam in her office...

Loved the final scene...it was short but I loved how Bones told Booth that 'our patnership is very important to me...you know that, right?' and Booth replying 'sure, yeah, you would die for your patner, that's the way I look at it'...That look between them spoke volumes...And good to know that he has only been out with Catherine twice so far...And we know that Bones is not interested in Hacker after her conversation with Cam...

I have to say I enjoyed the scene with Booth and Bones singing and playing...I know he was as flat as a pancake but they were enjoying themselves and he was sure impressed with her playing the guitar...I noticed they are showing all of Bones' talents last couple of weeks...diving last week and playing the guitar this week...I wonder what her prowess will be next week...all of these just show Booth how he can fall in love with her over and over again (not that he has ever fallen out of it in the first place)...

Nat6386

[14]Apr 29, 2010
    • level: 14
    I loved the B&B moments, i think the case was just a background plot for this ep...like it was getting their relationship back ontrack that was important, getting the writing back...

I loved Cam in this ep, finally more of her! and angelas knowledge of guitars..

I loved when they sang and played together i know they cant sing but its always good to see them comfortable with each other!! and did anyone realize she gave booth a compliment for it? she nearly never gives compliments, it makes me keep my hope alive!!! and Bones is completely jealous of Catherine... I think she may be coming to terms with it esp at having said that their partnership is still important for her, like that need to emphasize she is still here as well, and still wants him in her life !

but i really loved when bones was speaking to Arastoo, explaining what sweets would have said in regards to baseball and was like 'You would just enjoy hitting something', A reference I believe to olden day Brennan when she just hit anyone who tried something on her!! i liked the ep, cant wait for the finale!

vinsfins

[15]Apr 29, 2010
    • level: 11

Bones the rock heretic! More like Jeffersonian the rock heretics! Who takes apart a 1957 Les Paul?!?

This episode has me confused. I can't tell if TPTB want Bones to be jealous of the relationship between Booth and Catherine, or happy for them. Perhaps this is reflective of the character herself: Bones doesn't know if she wants Booths new relationship to succeed or not.

lrigD

[16]Apr 29, 2010
    • level: 8

Liked this episode a lot, more than last week's... I like the occasional rock (though guitars just get on my nerves), but I liked even more how enthusiastic Booth was about it!

Also really enjoyed the mentions of Angela's father. And Hodgins is right, it's kind of hot that Angela knows all that stuff about guitars! Hodgins and Arastoo bonding over baseball was cute. I hope Hodgins actually joins that team ^^.

I'm happy for Cam, the guy seems cute, but Michelle was a bit weird in that final scene... Do American women often have a gynaecologist beside their regular doctor? That is so unlike here... I thought it was a bit strange. But that's cultural differences for you I guess... or something like it.

Oh yes, Brennan was jealous. All the mentioning of Catherine and you could just see Booth was thinking 'what the ****' And every time he (or she) 'countered' all the Catherine-talk with Hacker-talk, it just seemed forced.

The ending was really cute, and they had another one of those 'stare into your partner's eyes' moments that was just really intense. 'Die for you partner, that's the way I look at it' can you say aww? xD

Oh, and that reference to Margaret Mead... I'm probably going to study Anthropology, so I've come in 'contact' with her quite a few times already. I liked that little tidbit =)

One last thing (I'm just rewatching the episode now..) When Brennan meets Booth at the camp, and he's sitting with the tie around his head, he stands up to ask her about Anthropology fantasy camp, he sort of grabs her arms and for a moment, just a moment, she looks pleasantly surprised, then she kind of backs away. Interesting =)

Geri08

[17]Apr 29, 2010
    Just a thought too, but did anyone else notice that while on stage performing together, Bones gets a phone call from Cam (mirroring the phone call she got from David during that scene in Two Bodies when Booth was blown up)...also Booth pretty much danced around the same way while she was on the phone...thankfully he did not get blown up here...

penelope1985

[18]Apr 29, 2010
    Geri08 wrote:
    Just a thought too, but did anyone else notice that while on stage performing together, Bones gets a phone call from Cam (mirroring the phone call she got from David during that scene in Two Bodies when Booth was blown up)...also Booth pretty much danced around the same way while she was on the phone...thankfully he did not get blown up here...

This is what you noticed? Didn't you see how they sang with their heads barely 1 inch from one another, and then Brennan dives and bangs ger head on the mic and they start laughing for real...

Geri08

[19]Apr 29, 2010
    penelope1985 wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:

This is what you noticed? Didn't you see how they sang with their heads barely 1 inch from one another, and then Brennan dives and bangs ger head on the mic and they start laughing for real...

Oh believe me, I noticed that too...how could I not? That look between them...I was just stating that the scene was similiar to Two Bodies with the phonecall in the middle...

utgotye

[20]Apr 29, 2010
    • level: 4
    ARollingStone11 wrote:
    I really enjoyed the episode. But I think I'd prefer the Simpsons' Rock & Roll Fantasy Camp to the one in Bones. Loved the Hodgins/Arastoo scenes even though I'm not a fan of baseball. Glad for Cam, but a weird way to meet someone. Let's just hope it lasts.

Brennan, well, her taste in music is just hopeless and she's is no Keith Richards. Her faith in her self is just getting more and more annoying. I get that it is who she is, but even people with minimal social skills understands that tooting one horns in front of friends over and over again is not good.

Her bringing up Catherine seemed to me to not be that much jealousy, but an unhealthy interest or maybe a way for her to connect with Booth so that their partnership don't get weird.

And last, their duet just made me cringe.

I would love to see Temperance's reaction if Booth pulled the same thing Temperance did when she first had sex with Sully. After all, they are partners and partners tell each other everything lol. Never happen but it would be hilarious.