Official Discussion 5x21 ' The Boy With The Answer'

Nat6386

[61]May 13, 2010
    • level: 14

Okay I think we are ALL in agreement in that it is one of the best episodes of Bones!! I loved it! and at the same time I felt like they were grabbing my heart and tearing it in two...or least brennan was doing that to Booth! its like they take one step forward and two steps back in regards to Brennans character growth...her whole taking a break...

But i LOVED the girlfriend scene, and I found Brennans performance on the stand when she was backing herself one of the better scenes of the ep - like take that GD im the best person in my field and everyone knows it! I thinkEmily ad TJ were really fantastic in this ep, their scene was really intense and emotional!

Otherwise I'm pretty much on the same page as everyone else...Whats going to be the big change in the finale?? Looking forward to it to see what happens and not looking forward to it cause it means no more Bones for a while!!! Errrr! But really great ep - deserving of anEmmythats for sure!

Edited on 05/13/2010 6:04am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pinkybanana2

[62]May 13, 2010
    • level: 5
    The beginning is one of my all-time favourite Bones moments. That nightmare was creepy! I like the fact for half the episode she pretended she was fine - it says a lot about her character. It makes one wonder just how long she's been getting "tired" of all the murder for. Taffy made her question every belief she's ever upheld - for the briefest of moments, I thought Taffy might just get away with it. That said, I cheered like mad when she was convincted. I really felt for Brennan this episode. It was a dismantling of her character, bit by bit, till she questioned her moral code completely.

Really great episode. The next episode (spoilers) make a lot more sense now. I want the finale NOW!

helen_dreamer26

[63]May 13, 2010
    • level: 7

Hey does anyone know the name of the song that plays while the verdict is being read? PLEASE!?

penelope1985

[64]May 13, 2010
    • level: 21
    helen_dreamer26 wrote:

Hey does anyone know the name of the song that plays while the verdict is being read? PLEASE!?

join the club

Geri08

[65]May 13, 2010
    • level: 31

Meaghanlr92 wrote:
    - Parker is 10 now? Will we ever see this child again? We've only seen him once in the whole season. The interns take up way too much plot, so I'd rather see more of Parker and the team than them. - What happened to the new villain we were supposed to see? I have a feeling it's Max

I think Parker is still only 8/9...Booth was just talking in general about ten year olds...Oh and he is in next week's episode, the final...And the new 'villain' is Taffet...Did you see the look she gave Bones at the end and he telling her 'this is not over'...

Edited on 05/13/2010 7:29am

ARollingStone11

[66]May 13, 2010
    • level: 3
    Geri08 wrote:

Meaghanlr92 wrote:
    - Parker is 10 now? Will we ever see this child again? We've only seen him once in the whole season. The interns take up way too much plot, so I'd rather see more of Parker and the team than them. - What happened to the new villain we were supposed to see? I have a feeling it's Max

I think Parker is still only 8/9...Booth was just talking in general about ten year olds...Oh and he is in next week's episode, the final...And the new 'villain' is Taffet...Did you see the look she gave Bones at the end and he telling her 'this is not over'...

Can't they just let the GD rot in prison? Let them get a new villain next season.

lrigD

[67]May 13, 2010
    • level: 8

Amazing episode! Just what I needed, being sick =)

I hadn't read about the new nemesis being shown at the end of this episode, but when I read it here, I thought of the very final scene. Brennan leaving in a cab, in a way that obviously refers to all those years ago... Do we know for certain this nemesis is a person? Maybe it's something like their breaking up (partner-wise), because we know something like that is going to happen in the season finale? It'll have implications in season 6 for sure.

I think I'll make a list of what I thought of certain parts...

* The nightmare at the beginning was a nice introduction, only the way it was presented kind of irritated me, with all the shaking etc. Definitely a good way to begin an episode. It's a bit of a cliché, a nightmare, but I don't care. * Brennan has a TV! Booth's rubbing off on her =)

* I love Caroline's accent. * Angela telling the others Hodgins still has nightmares. It's a testament to how close those two are (and have become)

* Justice works in weird ways... they cannot testify in the boy's case unless they drop their own case. It makes sense in a way, but also not. Because even if their own case is dropped, the sentiment is still there... I'm not complaining though, I'm glad she's behind bars =P

* Glad they fixed the mistake in the sneak peak where her mouth doesn't move but we hear her talk. On the other hand, the beginning of the hug is still off.

* Cam. Her talk with Sweets... It's good to see she's feeling powerless (ok that sounds wrong), it shows she cares. We knew that, but still...

* Parker is 10 now?! Jeez, how much does that boy age in one year?

* Taffet's defense throughout was interesting. She brought about some good points and it was frustrating to see 'our' evidence shot down. She made a good defendent.

* Brennan being tired of death and victims - definitely a sign for the season finale.

* The way Hodgins told the team about he and Angela being married. I just loved it. But it was a bit weird that Brennan was the only one to hug them..

* The scene in the bar at the end was cool =) Very exuberant, but understandably so. I wonder though if none of them wondered why they all left, apart from Booth and Brennan...

I hate how every episode lately makes me want more! I can't wait for next week... Can't believe another season is almost over. It's going so fast!

Morspeed

[68]May 13, 2010
    • level: 9
    Great episode, and I really thought it was going to be a not guilty verdict. I guess that's what made the episode even better. Not knowing what the outcome was going to be. However one thing of note. I am really getting tired of Brennan. She is very very frustrating to root for. She just has way too much baggage. I'm not 100% sure what her problem is, and quite frankly it's getting to the point where I don't care. Now she has a problem with dealing with murders and death? Before she blackmailed Booth to get on his team, now she wants out? C'mon. Just when you think Brennan has grown as a character she regresses back to her cold, calculating persona. Such a shame. Booth should move on to someone else. But we all know that will never happen.

penelope1985

[69]May 13, 2010
    Morspeed wrote:
    Great episode, and I really thought it was going to be a not guilty verdict. I guess that's what made the episode even better. Not knowing what the outcome was going to be. However one thing of note. I am really getting tired of Brennan. She is very very frustrating to root for. She just has way too much baggage. I'm not 100% sure what her problem is, and quite frankly it's getting to the point where I don't care. Now she has a problem with dealing with murders and death? Before she blackmailed Booth to get on his team, now she wants out? C'mon. Just when you think Brennan has grown as a character she regresses back to her cold, calculating persona. Such a shame. Booth should move on to someone else. But we all know that will never happen.

True but people do usually take two steps back before making a leap to a new direction

dori727

[70]May 13, 2010
    • level: 2
    Morspeed wrote:

I think that her change has to do with the fact that she cares too much about everyone at the Jeffersonian (Booth, Hodgins, Cam, Angela..etc.). I just think she is tired of being worried all the time about what might happen to them. Also, I remember her saying the beginning of the first season that a lot of the murders don't get to her because she see's the victims as just bodies and that's it. Now, as we saw her with the 10 year old boy, she actually cares fully about the victims.

Geri08

[71]May 13, 2010
    dori727 wrote:

I think that her change has to do with the fact that she cares too much about everyone at the Jeffersonian (Booth, Hodgins, Cam, Angela..etc.). I just think she is tired of being worried all the time about what might happen to them. Also, I remember her saying the beginning of the first season that a lot of the murders don't get to her because she see's the victims as just bodies and that's it. Now, as we saw her with the 10 year old boy, she actually cares fully about the victims.

Welcome to the Forum...

m00nystar

[72]May 13, 2010
    • level: 4
    Isn't it 'I've seen enough to know' by Pam Tillis?

Mossy_42

[73]May 13, 2010
    • level: 3

Wow. I just finished watching this, and I must say that I really loved it. One of the few where the angst and tension was so palpable that I actually felt my stomach churning - the last was The Parts In The Sum Of The Whole (which had me tearing up - a first for me).

While I like to see that Bones simply cannot remove herself from the tragedy that her job involves (she's becoming so much more human of late), I can't be the only one who thinks that this show wouldn't work if Bones didn't investigate murders. I know that I, personally, watch for everything other than the cases, primarily, but I honestly cannot see the show without that element of it. I don't think Bones is going to give up on that just yet - but I would be 100% behind that decision if it pushed her closer to Booth...

zitzitta

[74]May 13, 2010
    • level: 8
    I see that most of us agree on the fact that BB noticed the similarity/parallelism in the last cab scene to that time when they were apart for months. Perhaps Booth will refuse to let history repeat itself and will stand up to her and make her see him as who he is, HER OTHER HALF, SHEEEEEEEEESH!!

penelope1985

[75]May 13, 2010
    zitzitta wrote:
    I see that most of us agree on the fact that BB noticed the similarity/parallelism in the last cab scene to that time when they were apart for months. Perhaps Booth will refuse to let history repeat itself and will stand up to her and make her see him as who he is, HER OTHER HALF, SHEEEEEEEEESH!!

ΟΜG YES! THAT'S WHAT HAS TO HAPPEN! HOPEFULLY!

Sarcastic-Bones

[76]May 13, 2010
    • level: 6

LIKES: Brennan's nightmare at the beginning was strange, but capitvating (I just COULDN'T look away) and it showed her to be more of an emotional person than we are sometimes led to believe. similarly, when Angela mentions Hodgins has nightmares, Brennan's face obviously shows her emotions, but when Sweets talks to her she responds how we normally see her. Brennan was so much less 'rational-like' in that moment.

The uncovering of the young boy's body was terrible. But it really highlighted just how horrible the gravedigger really is.

Caroline's "your girlfriend" thing to Booth really made me laugh and squeal at the same time.

Hodgins and Angela together - how could they not realise before?!

Hodgins' sadness and anger at Caroline dropping their case - it broke my heart. But this is in the likes because TJ Thyne is such a great actor!

Brennan's "I have nightmares, Booth." and the WHOLE scene that goes with it! - Good ol' Bones style! Yay.

Cam seeking out Sweets to talk - Sweets is useful to them all! Lol.

"A part of me wishes he'd done it."
    "Yeah, but not the good part." LOL.

Yay! Guilty. I SERIOUSLY thought for a while that it would be a "Not Guilty".

The confetti throwing over Angela and Hodgins! LOL.

DISLIKES: How could somebody do that to people? Bury them alive, I mean. Especially that little boy.

BOTHS! I cannot decide! - The ending! Taffet was caught and everyone was happy. Except Brennan (and Booth). The whole thing with her doubting her profession was SO interesting in a "DON'T DO IT!" kind of way that I found myself staring at the screen with my mouth open. Booth's almost pleading with her not do decide anything was so sweet, but SO sad. He still obviously loves her. And she SO loves him too. SHE NEEDS TO REALISE THIS. Lol. Phew, rant over. But still, one more thing:

The ending with Brennan in the taxi - 100th episode reminder there! And now I have one question: What the HELL does that mean, people?!

My heart's pumping, I swear. (Well, not literally)...

I have to say: This episode = EXTREMELY AMAZING.

Now all that's left is the Season Finale. Gosh, at times this season seemed to take FOREVER to play out, but now it's almost finished where did it all go?! Season 5 has not been a disappointment in my eyes.

The Beginning in the End - Countdown - 7 days... I cannot wait.

AshleyTurner

[77]May 13, 2010
    • level: 1

My heart is still racing from this episode. I'm dreading next week since it means the season is over but I wish it was here already. Most of the comments are exactly my thoughts so I won't bother repeating them. I've only become obsessed since this season but have purchased 1-4 on dvd and watch constantly. I almost feel like having a marathon and taking notes to see how many things like the cab ride have been repeated so I can get a handle on The Beginning in the End. Anyone else feel like this?

Geri08

[78]May 13, 2010
    AshleyTurner wrote:

My heart is still racing from this episode. I'm dreading next week since it means the season is over but I wish it was here already. Most of the comments are exactly my thoughts so I won't bother repeating them. I've only become obsessed since this season but have purchased 1-4 on dvd and watch constantly. I almost feel like having a marathon and taking notes to see how many things like the cab ride have been repeated so I can get a handle on The Beginning in the End. Anyone else feel like this?

Welcome to the Forum...Seasons four and five are layered with references to every other episode in the series...Go take a look...it should be fun noticing them all...Welcome to the Forum...

Geri08

[79]May 13, 2010
    Sarcastic-Bones wrote:
    Phew, rant over. But still, one more thing:

The ending with Brennan in the taxi - 100th episode reminder there! And now I have one question: What the HELL does that mean, people?!

It is just a reference to the 100th when she drove away in a taxi, this scene mirroring that one...the consequence being that they did not work with each other again for a whole year after...We are supposed to feel that with the way Bones is feeling now, that that could happen again...Let's hope that it does not...

OnePerCentClub

[80]May 13, 2010
    • level: 35

marcela1985 wrote:

OMG, Brennan has a TV in her apartment !!!!!!!

She's had it since season 2! Remember she watches a video of her mother, 'The Stargazer in the Puddle'.

Edited on 05/13/2010 1:57pm