Official Discussion - 6x03 - The Maggots in the Meathead

Geri08

[21]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 31

EW...Recap...Jersey Gore...

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/bones-season-6-episode-3-jersey-shore/

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Geri08

[22]Oct 8, 2010

Buddy TV Recap...Bones hits up the Jersey Shore...

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/bones/bones-fan-columnist-bones-hits-38321.aspx

Geri08

[23]Oct 8, 2010

Paul Levinson...Jersey Shore...

http://paullevinson.blogspot.com/2010/10/bones-63-at-jersey-shore-yo-and.html

Geri08

[24]Oct 8, 2010

Bones goes Jersey Shore...It was Snookie in the conservatory with the candlestick...

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/10/bones-goes-jersey-shore-it-was-snookie-in-the-conservatory-with-the-candlestick.html

Geri08

[25]Oct 8, 2010

By the Numbers...some ratings for Bones...

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/08/tv-ratings-thursday-bones-fringe-greys-anatomy-private-practice-nikita-rise-community-30-rock-big-bang-csi-the-office-outsourced-fall/67188

DrLar

[26]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 10
    Yeah get rid of Hannah ASAP please? of course the phone was from Bones but the B***h took the credit..

I wonder what are Hodgins and Angela naming the baby? ZZ top? LOL

Starprincess13

[27]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 24

I really liked this episode, I thought it was great.

Liked:

~the victim's mother. She was scary, but funny.

~Brennan thinking Jersey Shore is a documentary.

~Brennan saying yo, engaging in the shoulder hug thing with the bouncer and just walking straight in to the club.

~"That's so random y'all.......in the vernacular".

~The scene with Brennan and Hannah in Brennan's office. It was just awesome for obvious reasons.

~Fisher. All the talks about his almost depression and Cam and Hodgins getting freaked out everytime he yawned.

~Sweets understanding the text messages and explaining them to Booth.

~Everybody (except for Sweets and the squinterns) knowing about Angela being pregnant but Hodgins not knowing that they know.

~the whole thing about the bouncer loving Billy Elliot

~I actually didn't guess the murderer this time. I thought it would be the bouncer guy since they got a well-known actor to play him.

~the final scene and the look between Booth and Brennan as Brennan is leaving.

Not Liked:

I actually can't really think of anything that I didn't like.

Overall, I really liked this episode. It isn't my top five or ten episodes or anything, but I really enjoyed it for the hilariousness and Brennan's scenes.

carioca22

[28]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 15

Are we having a bed scene with Hannah every single episode she's in?? Seriously??

I started the episode saying "Oh §hit, again..."

I very much liked Sweet's "Oh boy..." He knows Booth is far from moved on.

All the scenes related to the phone were great and very very sad.

After all the speech about the phone Brennan gave, Hannah has got to be suspicious about Brennan's feelings for her partner.

It really looks like Hannah insinuated herself into moving in with Booth. All the complaining about how she didn't have any clothes there...

The last scene was heartbreaking. Damn! But also hopeful since we get to see a spark on the old chemistry there in the very end of the scene.

How funny was those larvae jumping!

Starprincess13

[29]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 24

Geri08 wrote:

By the Numbers...some ratings for Bones...

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/08/tv-ratings-thursday-bones-fringe-greys-anatomy-private-practice-nikita-rise-community-30-rock-big-bang-csi-the-office-outsourced-fall/67188

Yay for Bones going up a little bit while most shows dropped!

Sarcastic-Bones

[30]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 6
    Bones is back, baby!... In my opinion.

I absolutely loved this episode. The promo looked hilarious and I was so looking forward to watching it and it didn't disappoint.

Joel Moore as Fisher was a happy surprise, as I really do love him, especially all the things about his new outlook on life this episode brought - "Aw, why are you yawning? Are you depressed- Don't yawn!" Haha, Cam!

Angela constantly telling everybody to act surprised when Hodgins announces the baby Hodgela made me laugh! LOL.

The whole Brennan/Hannah conversation was actually barably for such a B/B shipper like me. I was pleasantly surprised. It was so obvious that Brennan cared for Booth an I'm glad to see that there are still many things that Brennan knows about Booth that Hannah doesn't know. It makes their partnership more special.

Sweets SOOO cheered me up with his whole "sort of doubting" whether Booth/Hannah would work. Yes, Booth deserves happiness and him and Hannah are happy but... I can't help it! I'm a B/B shipper all the way. I didn't hate Hannah like I thought I would, but I don't LOVE her. No, sorry. She's a nice character and I'm pleased that I can stand to watch her episodes, but I can't love her character.

After all the humour of the episode (I laughed so much) - "That's so random yo... in the vernacular" (I'm going to be using that one a lot now!) and Brennan's "Mmm mm!" to Booths "Your squints could have gotten it wrong..." (btw, have we heard Booth call them HIS squints or even OUR squints yet this season? I swear its only been "YOUR" squints...) - I really like the balance at the end with the Booth/Brennan looks in the hallway. We haven't completely lost the 'looks', people! Phew. It was a nice contrast and made me smile and sad all at the same time.

A think that's all I can think of at the moment, but, all in all, I'm going to say an awesome episode!

Hirundine

[31]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 26

I wouldn't call it awesome, but it did have its moments!

Edited on 10/08/2010 2:18pm

Geri08

[32]Oct 8, 2010

Just a little video about Richie the V in memoriam...on Youtube...Lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHXcOxbyjsk

Edited on 10/08/2010 3:24pm

penelope1985

[33]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 21
    Geri08 wrote:

Just a little video about Richie the V in memoriam...on Youtube...Lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHXcOxbyjsk

LOL

LinaLoN

[34]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 6

For an episode I was sketchy about the premise, I was pleasantly surprised how good the episode was. Not being a fan of Jersey Shore and the popularity of it, I couldn't help but LoL at Brennan jumping into the Jersey world and fitting in too! I loved it! Her getting into the club was great! Her seen with Hannah was great. Especially since I felt like she was saying "I know from personal experience it sucks to break Booth's heart". Also, when that guy shoved Brennan and Booth jumped in with "Don't push MY partner" or something like that. For the first time this season, he finally said "my partner" and was protective of her. Brennan putting her feelings aside to help Hannah and Booth is an endering charm of hers but we can tell its hurting her when she does it so the ending was nice. I liked how Booth came home tosee all the females he works within his living room.Yeah, I'm sick of the Booth/Hannah bed scenes... they really don't do anyting else together but have sex. So yeah... that's it.

ARollingStone11

[35]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 3
    The episode was, well, decent, I'll give it decent.

Brennan and her "guido" act was cringeworthy and embarrasing. I'm not really sure how much she really knows about the world when she thinks Jersey Shore is a documentary. I do feel very sorry for all the normal italian-americans out there.

Hannah is just awesome. The end scene was good in my mind, Brennan deserved that slap in the face.

MaryT72

[36]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 1

Geri08 - wonderful overview of the episode. It is heartbreaking to see Brennan suffer (and she is!) but where oh where is Booth's empathy. For five years he hasbeen able to'read'Brennan's emotions better than anyone but now he isignoring her hurt. I don't like what the writers are doing to his character - he is not as sympathetic as we've been led to believe.

carioca22

[37]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 15
    MaryT72 wrote:

Geri08 - wonderful overview of the episode. It is heartbreaking to see Brennan suffer (and she is!) but where oh where is Booth's empathy. For five years he hasbeen able to'read'Brennan's emotions better than anyone but now he isignoring her hurt. I don't like what the writers are doing to his character - he is not as sympathetic as we've been led to believe.

I was thinking on those lines too but then I started realising that she is good at hiding her feelings. If you pay attention whenever her face shows pain, he is not looking at her.
    But when he is looking at her, she shoves the pain down and puts a happy face over it.
    Of course, Booth being an excellent reader should see even the subtle signs, but right now he is desperately trying to believe he has moved on, still I believe he sees those signs but they stay on a subconcious level. He is trying not to care so much, but as we can see in the end of this episode he's already failing.
    His empathy as you describe it will gradually grow back to what it used to be. He will not be able to contain it for too long.
    Now if she has let him see the real pain in her face at any moment, I'm sure his empathy would have stormed back in a second. He just can't see this woman in pain, I'm sure that feeling is still there, a little burried but alive nevertheless.
    (nevertheless is soo Brennan )
    At least that's what I chose to believe. It makes me feel happier than your alternative.

LeytonTLA

[38]Oct 9, 2010
    • level: 16
    he knows brennan loves him but sh doesnt believ in being with just one person for the rest of her life, she doesnt believe that love is a real thing just chemical so she told him that she cant be with him and he said he has to move on and thats what he is doin he cant wait around for brennan forever can he..... i want them together so bad but now i wonder whats gonna make her change her mind im guessing its seeing booth with hannah ,.... anyway episode was good didnt really like when brennan did that thing to that guy thinkin it would make him back down lol vry strange

Geri08

[39]Oct 9, 2010
    carioca22 wrote:
    MaryT72 wrote:

I was thinking on those lines too but then I started realising that she is good at hiding her feelings. If you pay attention whenever her face shows pain, he is not looking at her.
    But when he is looking at her, she shoves the pain down and puts a happy face over it.
    Of course, Booth being an excellent reader should see even the subtle signs, but right now he is desperately trying to believe he has moved on, still I believe he sees those signs but they stay on a subconcious level. He is trying not to care so much, but as we can see in the end of this episode he's already failing.
    His empathy as you describe it will gradually grow back to what it used to be. He will not be able to contain it for too long.
    Now if she has let him see the real pain in her face at any moment, I'm sure his empathy would have stormed back in a second. He just can't see this woman in pain, I'm sure that feeling is still there, a little burried but alive nevertheless.
    (nevertheless is soo Brennan )
    At least that's what I chose to believe. It makes me feel happier than your alternative.

Welcome to the Forum MaryT72...I agree with your Carioca22...Booth is definitely trying to move on...I am sure that he is picking up on some things from Bones, but she is also doing a very good show of making it look like she is happy for him...What's the poor guy supposed to do when he still believes that she does not want to be with him...This will all change over time and I believe not too much time either...You can see already that they have begun to swing back to each other on the emotional scale...

Just a few extra things I forgot to mention on my review...Booth still put his hand on her back...They still shared their fries...One query I had...How did Sweets know about Hannah moving in so quickly? Have to say that I am liking Sweets more and more...He can see that Booth is only reacting to what happended between him and Bones...I love how he keeps querying him on stuff...That scene of Booth answering Sweets and then the elevator doors closing on him made me think what 'faces' and 'emotions' we are missing from Booth too...Booth's comment to Angela 'You will make a great mom' made me wonder if that did not affect Bones too...make her remember when he had said it to her...Booth offering to make 'his famous mac and cheese'...Memories of Bones making that for him...These last two things just made me ache for poor Bones again...Going back to the incident with Booth and Sweets and what we are missing from Booth too, I would love if we got to see what Booth is thinking through all this...I would love to get little snippets of him aching...him thinking that his relationship is not everything he wants...him looking at Bones when she is not aware of it with that ache and want on his face too...

thabeatles772

[40]Oct 9, 2010
    • level: 18
    In the last episode Booth described love as thinking of someone else before yourself. Booth loves Brennan, everybody knows that. Burying his feelings for her all those years so he could be a good friend.. Brennan loves Booth even though she may not tell him or openly show him, she does. To her his happiness comes first, even at the expense of her own. They put each other before themselves and have the most selfless and greatest love for each other. Hannah is in the way of BBs love story and she has got to go! Maybe Cam should have a chat to her 'cause she knows what it's like to be the third person in a BB love triangle.