Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Discussion - 6x03 - The Maggots in the Meathead

Geri08

[41]Oct 9, 2010
    • level: 31
    thabeatles772 wrote:
    In the last episode Booth described love as thinking of someone else before yourself. Booth loves Brennan, everybody knows that. Burying his feelings for her all those years so he could be a good friend.. Brennan loves Booth even though she may not tell him or openly show him, she does. To her his happiness comes first, even at the expense of her own. They put each other before themselves and have the most selfless and greatest love for each other. Hannah is in the way of BBs love story and she has got to go! Maybe Cam should have a chat to her 'cause she knows what it's like to be the third person in a BB love triangle.

You know B...I agree with everything you say here, except for 'Cam having a chat with Hannah'...I think the 'breakup', for whatever reasons, has to be done by Booth, Hannah or Booth/Hannah (although I believe it should be Booth who does the breaking up just so we all (incl. himself) can see that he is choosing Bones over anyone else!)...with no interference from anyone else...Any interference (and I am thinking of Sweets already, but I love him for it), Booth will only get his back up and stick with it for longer...The only one who could change his mind would be Bones and she is not going to do that...she believes that he is truly happy and moving on...I can not see her interfering in anyway...Hannah is in the way but she serves a purpose in one sense...getting BB together...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

penelope1985

[42]Oct 9, 2010
    • level: 21
    Geri08 wrote:
    thabeatles772 wrote:
    In the last episode Booth described love as thinking of someone else before yourself. Booth loves Brennan, everybody knows that. Burying his feelings for her all those years so he could be a good friend.. Brennan loves Booth even though she may not tell him or openly show him, she does. To her his happiness comes first, even at the expense of her own. They put each other before themselves and have the most selfless and greatest love for each other. Hannah is in the way of BBs love story and she has got to go! Maybe Cam should have a chat to her 'cause she knows what it's like to be the third person in a BB love triangle.

You know B...I agree with everything you say here, except for 'Cam having a chat with Hannah'...I think the 'breakup', for whatever reasons, has to be done by Booth, Hannah or Booth/Hannah (although I believe it should be Booth who does the breaking up just so we all (incl. himself) can see that he is choosing Bones over anyone else!)...with no interference from anyone else...Any interference (and I am thinking of Sweets already, but I love him for it), Booth will only get his back up and stick with it for longer...The only one who could change his mind would be Bones and she is not going to do that...she believes that he is truly happy and moving on...I can not see her interfering in anyway...Hannah is in the way but she serves a purpose in one sense...getting BB together...

Αnd she will... I think these two episodes are proof that when Booth breaks up with Hannah at least Brennan won't have a new love interest... that would be crazy now... Brennan knows she is love now...

Geri08

[43]Oct 9, 2010
    penelope1985 wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    thabeatles772 wrote:

Αnd she will... I think these two episodes are proof that when Booth breaks up with Hannah at least Brennan won't have a new love interest... that would be crazy now... Brennan knows she is love now...

I agree especially with regards to no more third parties...that would be ludicrous!

carioca22

[44]Oct 9, 2010
    • level: 15

A third party on Brennan's side in this season would most definitely pizz me off. As much as I love Bones, I wouldn't be able to watch that.

Hannah is all I can stand. And even that is gonna get hard if they throw a bed scene at my face every episode she's in. It just makes me wish even more she's not signing out for more episodes.

JustAnnW

[45]Oct 9, 2010
    • level: 5

Except for the beach scenes (the first looked like it could have been Cape May and the second could have been Wildwood or Ocean City),

I hated the ep! I can't stand how chilly it feels when Booth and Bones are together any more! And considering it's three to four hours drive from
    DC to Jersey coast,all those carrides must have been very uncomfortable!He is being down right apothetic to her, although he was willing to defend her when she was pushed. And Brennan was just plain dorky most of the time. She hasn't been that socially clueless since season one! I can't stand the way they are writing the characters. Even before therelationship became a featured subplot, I enjoyed the dialog between them, the culture clash. Now I can't stand Booth! I just want to fish slap him!

Brennan doesn'teven seem happy in the lab anymore. She just seems lost.

I don't watch the scenes with Hannah. I fast foward through them. At least that's 2 down! I'm about ready to stop watching the show entirely. The last two weeks, I have been depressed when the ep was over. Even when Hannah is gone, it's going to take a while for Boothand for Brennan to get back to being the charactersas we know them.

BarryWeen3

[46]Oct 9, 2010
    • level: 14
    Geri08 wrote:
    penelope1985 wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    thabeatles772 wrote:

I agree especially with regards to no more third parties...that would be ludicrous!

I can see it now...somewhere in his hidden office on the FOX studio lots...an evil cackle breaks out and the atmosphere turns heavier as an evil mind (HH ) ponders the following...what more can I do to the viewers of Bones to drive them crazy this year...pauses as the evil thought takes root...(ding!!) I know, I'll also give Bones another new boyfriend and then later on I'll reveal that her new boyfriend is the new anti-Booth villian character I planned on introducing this season, that'll make the fans' heads explode!! Yes!! I am an evil genius...ha, ha, ha!!

Woudn't that be fun...

Hirundine

[47]Oct 9, 2010
    • level: 26
    I agree that Brennan's cluelessness is getting - well, STILL - old, though as for Hannah I consider her Booth's evening-the-score for Sully & co. How many sad-puppy stares did we get from him in S2 while Brennan went on in cheery oblivion ... oy. Neither's much fun for the viewers to watch, but at least there's some balance.

penelope1985

[48]Oct 9, 2010
    Hirundine wrote:
    I agree that Brennan's cluelessness is getting - well, STILL - old, though as for Hannah I consider her Booth's evening-the-score for Sully & co. How many sad-puppy stares did we get from him in S2 while Brennan went on in cheery oblivion ... oy. Neither's much fun for the viewers to watch, but at least there's some balance.

Yeah but that was season 2 and this is season 6...

penelope1985

[49]Oct 10, 2010
    http://everythinghappenseventually.blogspot.com/2010/10/in-which-hilarity-doesnt-outweigh-sad.html

Leila's recap

Geri08

[50]Oct 10, 2010
    BarryWeen3 wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    penelope1985 wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    thabeatles772 wrote:

I can see it now...somewhere in his hidden office on the FOX studio lots...an evil cackle breaks out and the atmosphere turns heavier as an evil mind (HH ) ponders the following...what more can I do to the viewers of Bones to drive them crazy this year...pauses as the evil thought takes root...(ding!!) I know, I'll also give Bones another new boyfriend and then later on I'll reveal that her new boyfriend is the new anti-Booth villian character I planned on introducing this season, that'll make the fans' heads explode!! Yes!! I am an evil genius...ha, ha, ha!!

Woudn't that be fun...

Now you are really evil! I could see maybe the third party (but I don't think we will)...but with regards to it being the 'sniper'!! Poor Bones has been bitten too many times in the past with the 'bad boyfriends' thing...I was rather hoping that Booth would succumb to the 'bad girlfriend' if even only once...Looks like we will not even get that with Hannah (Ms. Goodie Two Shoes)...

Geri08

[51]Oct 10, 2010

Posted this over on Fanvids but I really felt that I had to post it here...Fantastic video and it near crushed my heart...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=IE&v=PLG8t4E0VR8

Near the end she says 'I knew you would not give up' and I nearly pulled my hair out because the first thing I thought was that he had...

penelope1985

[52]Oct 10, 2010
    Geri08 wrote:

Posted this over on Fanvids but I really felt that I had to post it here...Fantastic video and it near crushed my heart...

Near the end she says 'I knew you would not give up' and I nearly pulled my hair out because the first thing I thought was that he had...

R we still blaming Booth for being human?

michelle9145

[53]Oct 10, 2010
    • level: 4

Geri08 wrote:

oh my god i was just about to put this in! I loveeee this video, its so perfect makes me cry.

i still can't believe how much i love this season, i just love that things have finally changed so that now they can move forward

i don't blame either of them, things haven't been right yet, but they will be

thabeatles772

[54]Oct 10, 2010
    • level: 18
    That is such a sad video.. They aren't meant to give up.

Hirundine

[55]Oct 10, 2010
    penelope1985 wrote:

Yeah but that was season 2 and this is season 6...

Really? Seeing Brennan's understanding of the actual human world I would have assumed we were still around S1 ....

JustAnnW

[56]Oct 10, 2010
    michelle9145 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:

oh my god i was just about to put this in! I loveeee this video, its so perfect makes me cry.

i still can't believe how much i love this season, i just love that things have finally changed so that now they can move forward

i don't blame either of them, things haven't been right yet, but they will be

It doesn't feel like things ever will be right. The chemistry between them is gone! They don't even seem to enjoy working together. Oh, and as far as this being revenge for Sully, Sully was only in 2 or 3 eps. And Brennan didn't love him.

Hirundine

[57]Oct 10, 2010
    JustAnnW wrote:

It doesn't feel like things ever will be right. The chemistry between them is gone! They don't even seem to enjoy working together. Oh, and as far as this being revenge for Sully, Sully was only in 2 or 3 eps. And Brennan didn't love him.

Does Booth love Hannah? For realsies? And Sully was more annoying. But yeah, I'm not saying this plot point was done particularly well or that it will play out the way it should, just that it at least can be construed as having some basis in sense. And I wasn't really thinking "revenge" so much as "emotional catch-up." Booth knows what it's like to have someone look right through you, to have their relationship all in your face when you least want it. Maybe not just with Brennan either ... he's probably been a puppy dog all his life. Brennan, though? She's had it rough other ways, but at this point she has to settle for a crash course in unrequited love.

And of course, since this will probably all be forgotten the episode after Hannah's gone (for all we know Cam and Rebecca are the only exes of either party that haven't been murdered in a basement somewhere ... actually, where *is* Rebecca? ), how it actually played out and how long it took will cease to matter in the universe, just that it played out.

Geri08

[58]Oct 10, 2010
    penelope1985 wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:

R we still blaming Booth for being human?

No...I am just saying that that was my first thought! Instant reaction and I am sure Sweets would have something to say about that...

JustAnnW

[59]Oct 10, 2010

No, I don't think Booth is really in love with Hannah. But he's being a jerk. I don't think he's being a jerk because he's got a girlfriend. I think he's being a jerk because he's rubbing it in Brennan's face!

And the chemistry is gone. Neither of them is enjoying their work right now, which was part of the appeal of the show.Does anybody know WHEN Hannah is leaving? I hear next ep H. lands in the hospital, which is only going to make Booth more focused on her! Arggghhh!

Hirundine

[60]Oct 10, 2010
    JustAnnW wrote:
    I hear next ep H. lands in the hospital

Was she trying to saw through a skull?