Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Discussion - 6x04 - The body in the bounty

How will you cope with no new episodes?

Geri08

[41]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 31
    Hirundine wrote:
    Booth oughta be avoiding her, avoidance and denial are good buddies. At this point he'd HAVE to make himself believe she doesn't feel anything for him, or him for her, in order to maintain some level of sanity - he's in a relationship with someone else now. Brennan can only be so good at not telegraphing her emotions, and Booth's only good at it when the plot sez he should be. The only feasible way to stay convinced of either party's indifference (even with Booth's epic "lalala not listening" skills) is to stay the heck away from each other whenever possible.

Lol! Totally agree! You can see that while Booth tried desperately at that (staying away) in the early episodes he is slowing getting back to one of his addictions, the one that there is no therapy for...Temperance Brennan...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

haldrey

[42]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 22
    Loved everything about this episode. During the kids show I expected Bones to something 'Bones-like' but when I saw her in a skeleton dress an a tutu I could not stop laughing. AMAZING!

Starprincess13

[43]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 24

I loved this episode. I thought it great.

Liked:

~the conversation in the car about the perfect murder and its continuation during their examination of the crime scene. It was normal B&B bickering which we haven't really seen in a while.

~David Alan Grier as Professor Bunsen Jude the Science Dude. He was AMAZING.

~Cam using the term Squintern.

~the case was interesting.

~B&B eating take-out together on the bench.

~Hodgins getting excited about working with Bunsen Jude and having a drinking game for his show.

~Brennan continuously calling him 'The Dude'.

~Angela going to call her baby Temperance (if it's a girl) but maybe just as her middle name instead because it's a horrible name.

~Brennan with the shotgun.

~Hodgins and Bunsen Jude's experiment.

~No Hannah. While I actually like Hannah, it was nice to have an episode more about the team and not have a Hannah-heavy B plot going on.

~Caroline Julian. I just love her every time she's around.

~Seeing Tutti and Maggie MacGreggor again.

~Booth interrupting Sweets' session with the random guy watching to change genders. LOL.

~the ending scene. It was just great.

Not liked:

Nothing that sticks out in particular.

Overall, a funny episode that was a really nice episode to end with before the baseball hiatus.

Geri08

[44]Oct 16, 2010
    Starprincess13 wrote:

~Hodgins getting excited about working with Bunsen Jude and having a drinking game for his show.

~Booth interrupting Sweets' session with the random guy watching to change genders. LOL.

I so loved that scene with Dude and Jack...But did anyone else get grossed out at just 'what' might have been in that glass that he drank from?

And Booth interrupting Sweets and the 'gender changing' guy...I think that that was actually the 'Maskedscheduler'...He was in this episode...he tweeted that he was in the second half and you would see him during a scene with Booth and Sweets...Hart has already asked him to come back on the show...It would be interesting to see some more of this character!

OnePerCentClub

[45]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 35
    Geri08 wrote:
    I so loved that scene with Dude and Jack...But did anyone else get grossed out at just 'what' might have been in that glass that he drank from?

And Booth interrupting Sweets and the 'gender changing' guy...I think that that was actually the 'Maskedscheduler'...He was in this episode...he tweeted that he was in the second half and you would see him during a scene with Booth and Sweets...Hart has already asked him to come back on the show...It would be interesting to see some more of this character!

I know! Disgusting!!!!

About Booth interrupting Sweets... All I could say was, poor guy!!!! He's in the middle of this ordeal and has to think it through the weekened :S

Starprincess13

[46]Oct 16, 2010

OnePerCentClub wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    I so loved that scene with Dude and Jack...But did anyone else get grossed out at just 'what' might have been in that glass that he drank from? And Booth interrupting Sweets and the 'gender changing' guy...I think that that was actually the 'Maskedscheduler'...He was in this episode...he tweeted that he was in the second half and you would see him during a scene with Booth and Sweets...Hart has already asked him to come back on the show...It would be interesting to see some more of this character!
    I know! Disgusting!!!! About Booth interrupting Sweets... All I could say was, poor guy!!!! He's in the middle of this ordeal and has to think it through the weekened :S

Disgusting but funny, a good combination.

I was thought of that as well, that he was probably the Masked Scheduler guy but I wasn't certain. It probably was him though. I just thought that scene was great.

I agree, poor guy!! Booth definitely didn't had no idea the major decision the guy was trying to make and Sweets was trying to offer good advice quickly to get the guy to leave. It was hilarious.

Starprincess13

[47]Oct 17, 2010

Leila's discussion of the episode at her "Everything Happens Eventually" blog.

http://everythinghappenseventually.blogspot.com/2010/10/in-which-we-go-back-to-baseline.html

penelope1985

[48]Oct 18, 2010
    • level: 21
    Ι liked this episode but didn't love it. Thank God everything looks normal again... The last scene put a smile on my face... Brennan was adorable...

danharr

[49]Oct 18, 2010
    • level: 45

Good episode David Allen Grier was great I was worried about the Bill Nye parody but they did well with it. The case was meh other than Booth and Bones playing perfect murder and Sweets and the DA it wasn't much the draw was science dude and the Jeffersonian.

Geri08

[50]Oct 19, 2010

The Voice of TV...

http://thevoiceoftv.com/blog/review-bones-season-6-episode-4-the-body-in-the-bounty/16422

JustAnnW

[51]Oct 19, 2010
    • level: 5

Hey!

The ep was the best this season, because B and B were interacting more the way they used to. Some of the tension was gone. She's getting his attention back.

Laughed hysterically when saw the sign!

I'm glad others asked the same question I was thinking at the end: Where's Parker? He should have been with Booth! He may be too big for Daddy's knee, though. I love it whenever they show Bones, Booth, and Parker together!! We need to see more of Parker liking Bones (hopefully more than he likes Hannah!) and Bones being a good for Parker!

Hate this week without entertainment, but thinking about not watching next ep because I don't want to see Booth gush over Hannah.

emopeanut

[53]Oct 24, 2010
    • level: 1

This is my favourite episode of this season because there's no Hanna in it.

No Hanna = A rest for my gag reflex

Brennan was absolutely adorable at the end in her little costumn with those Disney gloves and pigtails. x3 SEE WHAT YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON BOOTH?!?! grrr....

Edited on 10/24/2010 10:24pm
    Edited 2 total times.

carioca22

[54]Oct 25, 2010
    • level: 15
    emopeanut wrote:

This is my favourite episode of this season because there's no Hanna in it.

No Hanna = A rest for my gag reflex

Brennan was absolutely adorable at the end in her little costumn with those Disney gloves and pigtails. x3 SEE WHAT YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON BOOTH?!?! grrr....

A Hannahless episode to keep fans happy during the break.
    Pretty smart HH.

idlescribe

[55]Nov 1, 2010
    • level: 9
    Hi everyone,

Returning a bit late to the forum after the summer break, which is why I am bound to go slightly off-topic here. Please be lenient...

I have just watched the first 4 episodes, and so far, I like this season.
    Epic love stories (thanks Penelope) must have either complex characters or impossible situations. Here we have a complex character, and barring one or two instances during the last season where I thought the writers were pushing it, I believe our Brennan is on track. To get to live a love that can overthrow empires, one must deserve it. Be ready to go through the hardship of making love to a beautiful woman without loving her as much as one would want to, or be prepared to sip some beverage alone at a bar counter...

From what I have seen so far, despite being on track, IMHO Brennan is not there yet. I see no design in everything she's said about Booth and herself from the beginning of this season (snake comment, dreams of them together, heart-crushing scene in her office during which she cautions Hannah). For me, this was just Brennan being Brennan i.e. literal and candid, which is always sweet and typically betrays her feelings, but doesn't mean she has come to grips with them.

I would have initially preferred a journey without a female rival but I like the way this is unfolding. There is nothing like tingles of jealousy to force people to take shortcuts in their decision making process, which is needed here as she might otherwise take forever to get there.

My take on things so far may be summed up by conflating Geri08 and Penelope opinions except on one point: although with the presence of Hannah, Brennan's feelings are more obvious and actually seem deeper(?), she has so far said nothing that would make me disagree with Angela's: "It means you are going to die loveless and alone" (The Mastodon in the Room)
    Her heart is aching, it is being crushed, but her mind is still very much in control. If that scene from "The Parts in the Sum of the Whole" were to take place today, she would still say no, in fact, she should still say no. Given her track record, she has to do more than showing feelings to convince any jury that she is regretting rejecting him. She is still in search of that missing link in more ways than one. So though she is my favorite character, I think her heart should be crushed a bit more. That could prevent her from ever finding that link, but on the other hand, doing nothing would not shake such a mind...

My favorite bits:
    The Mastodon in the Room -> Booth about to arrest the abducting father: "I'll take him down like a flea," at which point Brennan has a faint smile. My odd personal reading of it saw Brennan thinking: I might be losing you to some beautiful woman, but I still have your ear...
    The Couple in the Cave -> Loved the last shot with Brennan sipping that glass of wine alone. Scene enhanced by the fact that we could see the other unfinished glass. What can I say? I like a good drama...

Geri08

[56]Nov 2, 2010
    idlescribe wrote:
    She is still in search of that missing link in more ways than one.

Could agree with everything you wrote, although it is still breaking my heart that she (Bones) has to go through all this to finally get there...I just loved the above quote...

KasenStuff

[57]Nov 4, 2010
    ARollingStone11 wrote:
    The episode was a good one, a lot better than last week. The science dude was awesome, or should I say amazing? Hodgins was also great, he has embraced his inner child. Why would Booth having that kid on his lap be creepy?

The case itself was good, too bad it was the hot bounty hunter who did it.

I have to say that Bones is possibly the worst show when it comes to productplacement. Sure, every show does it, but does it have to be that obvious?

And there is no new Bones episode until november because of baseball?

How can having that strange kid on his lap NOT be creepy??? Honestly, would YOU want a complete stranger picking up your child and placing them on his lap???? Uhhh.... not me... Even if he IS an FBI agent.

KasenStuff

[58]Nov 4, 2010
    Uhhhh.... who or WHAT is a "masked scheduler"?

GreenChristmas

[59]Nov 7, 2010
    • level: 4
    Brennan: "Of course I believe in Evolution, otherwise I'd have to believe dinosaurs and humans lived at the same time." (or something like that).

Well, she obviously isn't a good anthropologist. Did she miss all the cave paintings, art work and stories of dinosaurs in almost every culture before dinosaurs were well-known "extinct" creatures? Plus the multitude of eye-witness accounts that are still reported to this day.

KasenStuff

[60]Nov 13, 2010
    GreenChristmas wrote:
    Brennan: "Of course I believe in Evolution, otherwise I'd have to believe dinosaurs and humans lived at the same time." (or something like that).

Well, she obviously isn't a good anthropologist. Did she miss all the cave paintings, art work and stories of dinosaurs in almost every culture before dinosaurs were well-known "extinct" creatures? Plus the multitude of eye-witness accounts that are still reported to this day.

Eye-witness accounts of...dinosaurs and cavemen? Who do you know who lived a few million years?