Official Discussion - 6x05 - The Bones that weren't

carioca22

[21]Nov 5, 2010
    • level: 15

Didn't like this episode. I'm frustraded with Bones (the show).

I guess Hannah is to blame for this, at least in part. And the cases aren't really helping. How many minutes were wasted with that guy dancing?

She's annoying per se, not because she's in Brennan's way. I just don't like her. If she was a leading character of a show I wouldn't watch it.

She stole Brennan's glasses, what the hell??!!

Please Hannah... go away... the episodes are so much better when you are not in them.

This episode just made me frustrated.

There is no real character development if you think about it. Yes, Brennan came back a little different, a little more open, but that's it, nothing else happened since. Booth is not gradually coming back for Brennan, he is inert, trying to make his relationship work now just as much as in the beginning.

Aside from that little, subtle look between BB on his house, nothing else came out of him for Brennan. And "thank you for saving my girlfriend" reeeally doesn't count.

When was the last time Booth actually went to the Jeffersonian during a case? I miss that.

This is one of those episodes I'm not watching again.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Geri08

[22]Nov 5, 2010
    • level: 31

A breakdown of the ratings...

http://bonesspoilers.blogspot.com/2010/11/ratings-s06e05-bones-that-werent.html

tommy0122

[23]Nov 5, 2010
    • level: 12

I don't get all of this hostility toward Hanna. I kinda like her. I don't understand the different ways they present the Bones character. In some episodes, she seems normal and in others, she is a complete dim wit as far as her social skills go. I found her almost annoying in this episode. Just my thoughts.

Geri08

[24]Nov 5, 2010

The Nuisance in the Romance...

http://cliqueclack.com/tv/2010/11/05/bones-the-nuisance-in-the-romance/

Hirundine

[25]Nov 5, 2010
    • level: 26
    tommy0122 wrote:

I don't understand the different ways they present the Bones character. In some episodes, she seems normal and in others, she is a complete dim wit as far as her social skills go. I found her almost annoying in this episode. Just my thoughts.

Almost? Yeah, they don't know what to do with her half the time, they just throw stuff in for comic relief.

portuguesemarta

[26]Nov 5, 2010
    • level: 13

I can't get a link to watch the episode! Can someone please pm with a link? Please

Geri08

[27]Nov 5, 2010
    portuguesemarta wrote:

I can't get a link to watch the episode! Can someone please pm with a link? Please

The place I download has no links yet! Sorry! They usually have them up first thing the next morning but no luck yet! I wonder if there is some conspiracy out there?

portuguesemarta

[28]Nov 5, 2010

Geri08 wrote:
    portuguesemarta wrote:

The place I download has no links yet! Sorry! They usually have them up first thing the next morning but no luck yet! I wonder if there is some conspiracy out there?

I use Sidereel and they don't have any links yet too ... I wonder what's happening...

penelope1985

[29]Nov 5, 2010
    • level: 21
    Geeeeeeeeeeer! Hannah is out already... and I;ll explain how... SN told us weeks ago that Booth will torpedo his relationship with Hannah. I thought he meant he will gradually find her less appealing but I think he will screw the relationship by trying to domesticate Hannah.

Hannah is a Brennan light. But Booth would never change Brennan. He would take her exactly like she is. But now he's settling for second best in a way... and that second best must be an easy relationship, one that doeasn't have the complication of BB. Regarding the episode, Brennan was hilarious in the first scene talking about Venus. I think she tries all the time to discern tone and emotions. She's trying to evolve. The last scene was very awkward. Kudos to the guy that wrote the Shakespeare scene. Vaziri was wasted in this episode... shy...

Finally the kissing was sickening...

penelope1985

[30]Nov 5, 2010
    http://fiery-twilight.livejournal.com/2010/11/05/

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Jenny! You said it!

haldrey

[31]Nov 5, 2010
    • level: 22
    In a show where usually the current episode is better than any of the previous ones this one, I believe, was a mistake, it was too average and too much Hanna. To portuguesemarta, I also use Sidereel, go back they have plenty links.

Geri08

[32]Nov 5, 2010
    haldrey wrote:
    In a show where usually the current episode is better than any of the previous ones this one, I believe, was a mistake, it was too average and too much Hanna. To portuguesemarta, I also use Sidereel, go back they have plenty links.

I use Sidereel too and there are no links there at the moment...I just checked again...

portuguesemarta

[33]Nov 5, 2010

Geri08 wrote:
    haldrey wrote:
    I use Sidereel too and there are no links there at the moment...I just checked again...

I just went back and I didn't find anything! Could you provide me and Geri with a direct link?

elle_elle213

[34]Nov 5, 2010
    • level: 4

Speaking of wasted time watching some guy dance, what is with the two minute long stock footage of Washington DC? Are the writers really that lazy that they can't think of two minutes of dialogue?

BarryWeen3

[35]Nov 5, 2010
    • level: 14
    elle_elle213 wrote:

Speaking of wasted time watching some guy dance, what is with the two minute long stock footage of Washington DC? Are the writers really that lazy that they can't think of two minutes of dialogue?

Maybe they need to borrow the Castle writers for a bit..

Geri08

[36]Nov 5, 2010
    penelope1985 wrote:
    http://fiery-twilight.livejournal.com/2010/11/05/

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Jenny! You said it!

Have not see the episode yet but that look says it all!

carioca22

[37]Nov 5, 2010
    • level: 15

BarryWeen3 wrote:
    elle_elle213 wrote:

Not that I think Bones writing doesn't need some bashing right now, but it's a bit unfair to compare season 6 Bones with Season 3 Castle. Bones writing was pretty good back in its third season. How I loved this show back then.

Give castle 3 more seasons and then we'll see who has more lazy writers.

BarryWeen3

[38]Nov 5, 2010
    • level: 14
    carioca22 wrote:

BarryWeen3 wrote:
    elle_elle213 wrote:

Not that I think Bones writing doesn't need some bashing right now, but it's a bit unfair to compare season 6 Bones with Season 3 Castle. Bones writing was pretty good back in its third season. How I loved this show back then.

Give castle 3 more seasons and then we'll see who has more lazy writers.

Well then maybe the Supernatural writers, they're in their sixth season and the lines they come up with for Dean are still hilarious.

emopeanut

[39]Nov 6, 2010
    • level: 1

My gosh....is it me or is each episode getting worse whenever Hanna comes in?

The most infuriating thing is that they made Hanna such a nice, potentially "lovable" person who has a bit of Brennan in her. I absolutely hate that. I almost wish that Hanna was a selfish, snobby **** who pretends to be all kind in front of Booth. It would make it so much easier to hate her. But right now, I can't stand how Booth looks at her. Because honestly, who wouldn't love a girl like Hanna? The way Hart Hanson created her; she's the perfect woman. She's just like Brennan, but minus the social awkwardness, which gives her yet another advantage.

If only Brennan was the one who got shot and ended up in the hospital. That way I'm sure Booth would come running and at least momentarily forget about Hanna. The only thing i'm happy with in this episode is that Booth didn't seem all THAT worried and pissed off when he saw Hanna in the hospital. I remember how mad he got in season one when this gang leader threatened to put a hit on Brennan.

Yep.....Booth still loves Brennan 10000 times more than Hanna.

And I know taking Brennan's sunglasses is a way of promoting friendship on Hanna's part. But if it were me, I would be like "No way, I just saved your life, and you want my sunglasses?" >=[ Brennan's too nice...

penelope1985

[40]Nov 6, 2010
    Question: Do you think Hannah realizes that Brennan is a threat?