Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Discussion - 6x07 - The babe in the bar

  • Avatar of BarryWeen3

    BarryWeen3

    [21]Nov 19, 2010
    • member since: 09/28/05
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,145
    LinaLoN wrote:

    Even NCIS is having trouble with their cases and storylines. All this makes me appreciate smaller shows like Psych and Burn Notice even though they are having trouble with the case portions, the interactions between characters are making them fun to watch.



    The current two-parter on NCIS is exciting with Ziva's father and the assassination attempt plus the mystery about Vance's Amsterdam mission. It was more exciting that NCIS: Los Angeles' two-parter.

    Speaking of cable, do you also watch Leverage, those characters are fun to watch, especially Parker.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Nagowteena

    Nagowteena

    [22]Nov 19, 2010
    • member since: 03/27/09
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 551
    Ugh...I don't like chocolate anymore....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Geri08

    Geri08

    [23]Nov 19, 2010
    • member since: 03/22/08
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 11,631

    More Ratings...Looks like Bones did quite nicely....


    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/11/19/tv-ratings-thursday-bones-fringe-greys-big-bang-theory-community-30-rock-fall/72776

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Aleksandra85

    Aleksandra85

    [24]Nov 19, 2010
    • member since: 05/16/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 32
    Nat6386 wrote:
    For me, Bones this season had been a massive let down! I was attracted to show when it first aired due to the tension between bones and booth and last season finale left so much anticipation....and then we come back to this. It almost feels lifeless without any thing there.... When will the writers realise this and intensify the plot lines and subject matter? and this ep is exactly what I'm talking about, I used to get so excited when I could watch the latest installment, now its like, Well I USED to love bones and it still has a special place with me, but it seems to be becoming a lot more of an obligation than a pleasure, and I'm not half as excited as I used to be.... Sorry if im being too criticial for some, but it has come so far to be brought down now...


    I totally agree with you. Bones became just a habit... a habit that crushes my heart in every episode and I don't know for how long I will be able to stand that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of carioca22

    carioca22

    [25]Nov 19, 2010
    • member since: 12/19/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,414
    Geri08 wrote:

    More Ratings...Looks like Bones did quite nicely....


    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/11/19/tv-ratings-thursday-bones-fringe-greys-big-bang-theory-community-30-rock-fall/72776



    I find myself on a paradox.
    I like and don't like Bones' ratings at the same time.
    It means more Bones which is good,
    It means HH and Company will think everything is dandy and therefore they should keep Hannah's storyline for longer. :S
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of haldrey

    haldrey

    [26]Nov 19, 2010
    • member since: 02/23/08
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 3,925
    Awesome episode, will stop eating chocolate bar for at least a week, Shame on Booth for not going to the party.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Geri08

    Geri08

    [27]Nov 19, 2010
    • member since: 03/22/08
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 11,631
    Ok episode...but I have to say that I have not rewatched any of season 6 so far...normally I would have done them to death at this stage...this one is not going to be watched again either...

    Had to love the interaction between Cam and VNM...He would not be one of my favourites and he rather annoys me at times, but he makes me laugh too...I really hate how Booth seems to be going out of his way 'not' to sit at 'their table' anymore...They always seem to be sitting at the counter unless they are with Sweets, Hannah or someone else...Guy has a problem with old habits and things that smell of usual BB interaction...I would like to think, too painful for him...hope that's what it is...I hope he is in PAIN, MIGHTY PAIN...

    Had to laugh when Cam said of Sweets 'do not want to talk to a child about a child'...and yet she went to see him anyway...Loved when Cam said 'you lost me at majoring in weed'....

    Booth skipping off in the end to have sex with Hannah just about made me sick and left a fowl taste in my mouth...Booth is not my favourite person at the moment...Actually, it is getting to the stage where I do not believe he deserves Bones anymore...When Hodgins said 'all our friends' at the end, I thought it might be sad that Booth was not there as part of the 'friends and family'...He does not deserve them anyway skiving off like that...I am totally 'pssd about that...

    Whenever HH and SN get BB together (and before) I want some serious Booth agony and pain...They better go way out to surpass all that we have had to put up with watching Booth and Hannah do everything that we want BB to do...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of carioca22

    carioca22

    [28]Nov 19, 2010
    • member since: 12/19/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,414

    Guess I'm not the only one frustrated.


    This whole Booth, Bones, Hannah thing is reminding me Ross and Rachel from Friends.


    He has this huge crush on her that she was unaware of and he suffered a lot with all her boyfriends until he decided to move on and start fresh in Afganistan Japan.


    That' when Rachel finds out and develops her own crush on him. Of course that when he gets back, he brings a Hannah girlfriend along.


    Now is time for Brennan Rachel to suffer a little bit. Until she calls him drunk saying she's over him.


    Then he finds out about her feelings, walks out on her saying it's too late. Except he comes back for her like 5 minutes later because he has never really forgoten her.


    See the paralels?


    Two things that differ and I favour Friends:


    Rachel never really befriended Ross' new girfriend. She was kind but never too kind which is much better than the best friends attitude we see between Hannah and Bones. Much more believable to me.


    Second is that Ross didn't think too hard or for two long about coming back for Rachel. I don't think that's what's gonna happen when Booth finds out. Why? Staling is HH middle name. They'll drag it out as much as possible.


    Oh well. Ross and Rachel was an on and off relationship. I don't like that too much.


    But at this point it looks better and more believable than never at all.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Geri08

    Geri08

    [29]Nov 19, 2010
    • member since: 03/22/08
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 11,631
    carioca22 wrote:

    Guess I'm not the only one frustrated.

    Rachel never really befriended Ross' new girfriend. She was kind but never too kind which is much better than the best friends attitude we see between Hannah and Bones. Much more believable to me.

    Oh well. Ross and Rachel was an on and off relationship. I don't like that too much.


    But at this point it looks better and more believable than never at all.



    I do not see Bones and Hannah as being friends...Hannah might want to be friends with Bones, but I do not know where SN is coming from when he says they are friends...When HH and SN get BB together, they better keep them together or I really will be coming after them...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of carioca22

    carioca22

    [30]Nov 19, 2010
    • member since: 12/19/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,414
    Geri08 wrote:
    carioca22 wrote:

    Guess I'm not the only one frustrated.

    Rachel never really befriended Ross' new girfriend. She was kind but never too kind which is much better than the best friends attitude we see between Hannah and Bones. Much more believable to me.

    Oh well. Ross and Rachel was an on and off relationship. I don't like that too much.


    But at this point it looks better and more believable than never at all.



    I do not see Bones and Hannah as being friends...Hannah might want to be friends with Bones, but I do not know where SN is coming from when he says they are friends...When HH and SN get BB together, they better keep them together or I really will be coming after them...

    Yes, there's no room for on and off between BB anymore.

    Ratings are not falling. I wonder if the dvds sale will.
    I'm definitely not buying season 6 if this frustrating filler episodes keep on.
    And I'm already holding up buying the season 5 dvds. Only buying it if season 6 takes a very damn sharp turn for the better.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BarryWeen3

    BarryWeen3

    [31]Nov 19, 2010
    • member since: 09/28/05
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,145
    carioca22 wrote:

    Guess I'm not the only one frustrated.


    This whole Booth, Bones, Hannah thing is reminding me Ross and Rachel from Friends.


    He has this huge crush on her that she was unaware of and he suffered a lot with all her boyfriends until he decided to move on and start fresh in Afganistan Japan.


    That' when Rachel finds out and develops her own crush on him. Of course that when he gets back, he brings a Hannah girlfriend along.


    Now is time for Brennan Rachel to suffer a little bit. Until she calls him drunk saying she's over him.


    Then he finds out about her feelings, walks out on her saying it's too late. Except he comes back for her like 5 minutes later because he has never really forgoten her.


    See the paralels?


    Two things that differ and I favour Friends:


    Rachel never really befriended Ross' new girfriend. She was kind but never too kind which is much better than the best friends attitude we see between Hannah and Bones. Much more believable to me.


    Second is that Ross didn't think too hard or for two long about coming back for Rachel. I don't think that's what's gonna happen when Booth finds out. Why? Staling is HH middle name. They'll drag it out as much as possible.


    Oh well. Ross and Rachel was an on and off relationship. I don't like that too much.


    But at this point it looks better and more believable than never at all.



    Would that make Angela and Hodgins like Chandler and Monica? Not as good of a parallel as Booth/Brennan as Ross/Rachel cause Angela has more of Phoebe's free spirit whereas it's Cam that has more of Monica's fusiness. But it was as close as I could get.

    Ah, Friends, what a great show. Watched my DVD sets a while ago, may be time again to watch them again. That show was so funny. My favorite episode was from season 4 or 5, the one where it's the girls versus the guys on who knows who better and they play a trivia game designed by Ross to settle it.

    Ross: Every week the TV guide comes to the guys' apartment, who is it addressed to?
    Rachel: Chandler gets it, it goes to Chandler Bing!!
    Ross: I'm sorry, but it actually comes to Chanandler Bong.
    Chandler: That's Ms. Chanandler Bong.

    or

    Ross: What according to Chandler scares the beejezus out of him?
    Monica: Michael Flatley, Lord of the Dance!
    Joey: The Irish jig guy?
    Chandler: His legs flail about as if independent from his body!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of emopeanut

    emopeanut

    [32]Nov 19, 2010
    • member since: 10/24/10
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 9

    WOW okay......this episode just made me mad. The only good thing about "The Babe in the Bar" was Angela and Hudgen's little fluff and their "announcement". Everything else just didn't work for me. I guessed the killer 20 seconds into the show. But then I didn't really mind that very much because the SOLE reason why I watch Bones is to see B&B's interaction. The mystery and crime-solving part of it is just a brilliant bonus.


    The ending to this episode was heartbreaking. Throughout the seasons, all the characters were given a chance to bond with each other, and finally they're like family. And now, in the most recent episode, Boothwould rather"go home and have sex with Hannah" than spend a night with his friends. Haven't he spent enough time with Hannah already? They LIVE together!!! And there was absolutely NO B&B interaction at all. Actually, for the most part, Booth just looked like he was annoyed at Brennan forbeing sociallyawkward with the suspects.I mean come on,they could've at least had those little moments where they just smilesweetly at each other. I don't think that's too much to ask.


    I have to say, during the beginning of this ep when Brennan showed Booth the photo of their victim, andshe commented on howHarriet's nose issimilar to Hannah's,my heart wasjumping with joy. I thought that maybe, for some twisted reason, Hannahgot herself killed. BecauseBooth mentioned that she was away, so it was the perfectplot!!! But yea....I should've knownthey wouldn't havemurdered Hannah like that...not before making all the fans suffer for another 10 episodes. *cries*

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hirundine

    Hirundine

    [33]Nov 19, 2010
    • member since: 12/28/07
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 11,617
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

    Would that make Angela and Hodgins like Chandler and Monica?


    Well of course, it's the Formula. They're the friends, the supporting characters, the Secondary Couple, the Stable Couple, the one that generally gets on the way you wish the Chronic UST Couple would. The normal people. Chandler and Monica, Sookie and Jackson, the Married Older Sister on 3,000 different romcoms.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of penelope1985

    penelope1985

    [34]Nov 19, 2010
    • member since: 09/18/06
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 2,373

    Geri08 wrote:
    Booth skipping off in the end to have sex with Hannah just about made me sick and left a fowl taste in my mouth...Booth is not my favourite person at the moment...Actually, it is getting to the stage where I do not believe he deserves Bones anymore...When Hodgins said 'all our friends' at the end, I thought it might be sad that Booth was not there as part of the 'friends and family'...He does not deserve them anyway skiving off like that...I am totally 'pssd about that...
    Basically I don't think I've ever disliked Booth more... I'm surprised noone mentioned the way he kept dismissing Brennan, how he didn't even bother to chuckle at her lame jokes... how he kept making faces and interrupting her... I mean going home to f**k Hannah was just the icing on a cake made of b********t I hope HH and Co follow this storyline so that we get to see Booth's struggle later in the season...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ARollingStone11

    ARollingStone11

    [35]Nov 20, 2010
    • member since: 03/28/10
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 90

    This episode was a meh.



    Like I said last week, it seems like HH have lost all interest in the show and would rather spend his time pissing fans off. The case was pretty obvious, doesn't the guy who did it play the killer in every show he's been in?



    I really didn't need a reminder of how "awesome" Brennans new phone is either.



    As far as Booth is concerned, what was the point of him showing up at the bar if he couldn't fake it? Would he just give it all away and ruin the moment? Why should he bother to laugh at her lame jokes and accept her social awkwardness towards suspects? And why is Booth the only one that have to suffer in the B&B relationship? Well, he's not the only one I guess, there are millions of fans suffering at the moment as well.


    With that out of the way I think I'll go have some chocolate.


    Edited on 11/20/2010 4:08am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Geri08

    Geri08

    [36]Nov 20, 2010
    • member since: 03/22/08
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 11,631
    ARollingStone11 wrote:

    This episode was a meh.



    Like I said last week, it seems like HH have lost all interest in the show and would rather spend his time pissing fans off. The case was pretty obvious, doesn't the guy who did it play the killer in every show he's been in?



    I really didn't need a reminder of how "awesome" Brennans new phone is either.



    As far as Booth is concerned, what was the point of him showing up at the bar if he couldn't fake it? Would he just give it all away and ruin the moment? Why should he bother to laugh at her lame jokes and accept her social awkwardness towards suspects? And why is Booth the only one that have to suffer in the B&B relationship? Well, he's not the only one I guess, there are millions of fans suffering at the moment as well.


    With that out of the way I think I'll go have some chocolate.




    Lol! Booth only got the call from Hannah when he was across the road from the Founding Fathers, to say that she was home...That's why he suddenly started to make excuses not to go and go home and have sex with Hannah instead...I hope you enjoyed the chocolate by the way...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hirundine

    Hirundine

    [37]Nov 20, 2010
    • member since: 12/28/07
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 11,617
    penelope1985 wrote:
    I mean going home to f**k Hannah was just the icing on a cake made of b********t


    That sounds even less appetizing than a chocolate bar with a corpse in it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of carioca22

    carioca22

    [38]Nov 20, 2010
    • member since: 12/19/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,414
    penelope1985 wrote:

    Geri08 wrote:
    Booth skipping off in the end to have sex with Hannah just about made me sick and left a fowl taste in my mouth...Booth is not my favourite person at the moment...Actually, it is getting to the stage where I do not believe he deserves Bones anymore...When Hodgins said 'all our friends' at the end, I thought it might be sad that Booth was not there as part of the 'friends and family'...He does not deserve them anyway skiving off like that...I am totally 'pssd about that...
    Basically I don't think I've ever disliked Booth more... I'm surprised noone mentioned the way he kept dismissing Brennan, how he didn't even bother to chuckle at her lame jokes... how he kept making faces and interrupting her... I mean going home to f**k Hannah was just the icing on a cake made of b********t I hope HH and Co follow this storyline so that we get to see Booth's struggle later in the season...



    I noticed it too. He was really cold. I hated him all the way through this ep. He doesn't go to the Jeffersonian or Founding Fathers. How about not showing up at all during this epsisode? Take Hannah and leave! You're no longer the Booth I used to love.
    If it goes on like this for too long, I'll start thinking Brennan should find herself someone else. Like Sully. Jeez, never thought I was going to like Sully that way.
    I hate that BB spark is gone. There'no more bickering or kindness... Let's be real. That was the differential of this show for me. If I wanted to watch cases I would go see CSI.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Geri08

    Geri08

    [39]Nov 20, 2010
    • member since: 03/22/08
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 11,631
    carioca22 wrote:
    penelope1985 wrote:

    Geri08 wrote:
    Booth skipping off in the end to have sex with Hannah just about made me sick and left a fowl taste in my mouth...Booth is not my favourite person at the moment...Actually, it is getting to the stage where I do not believe he deserves Bones anymore...When Hodgins said 'all our friends' at the end, I thought it might be sad that Booth was not there as part of the 'friends and family'...He does not deserve them anyway skiving off like that...I am totally 'pssd about that...
    Basically I don't think I've ever disliked Booth more... I'm surprised noone mentioned the way he kept dismissing Brennan, how he didn't even bother to chuckle at her lame jokes... how he kept making faces and interrupting her... I mean going home to f**k Hannah was just the icing on a cake made of b********t I hope HH and Co follow this storyline so that we get to see Booth's struggle later in the season...



    I noticed it too. He was really cold. I hated him all the way through this ep. He doesn't go to the Jeffersonian or Founding Fathers. How about not showing up at all during this epsisode? Take Hannah and leave! You're no longer the Booth I used to love.
    If it goes on like this for too long, I'll start thinking Brennan should find herself someone else. Like Sully. Jeez, never thought I was going to like Sully that way.
    I hate that BB spark is gone. There'no more bickering or kindness... Let's be real. That was the differential of this show for me. If I wanted to watch cases I would go see CSI.


    Things will get better...They are going through a rough patch...which is intentional...It is killing the spark between these two and HH threads a very very thin line between intentional and downright dangerous! The show is moving to 9.00pm in the New Year and I think that HH is even excited at the possibilities that will give him...He has already being speaking on Twitter about it....I think that when we do get BB together it will more than make up for all this sh'te and angst we have had up to now...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of carioca22

    carioca22

    [40]Nov 20, 2010
    • member since: 12/19/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,414

    HH is playing with a dangerous card. Killing BB spark is very dangerous. You leave it dead for too long and there'll be no resuscitating technique capable to bring it back to life.


    Of course when I say this I'm talking about my own mood towards the series. I know there's fans out there that don't care about BB.



    ***SPOILER***


    Edited on 11/20/2010 6:18am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.