Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Discussion - 6x09 - The Doctor in the photo

grissomsidle

[41]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 17

nhcool_007 wrote:

I loved this episode!

I know everyone right now hates Booth for how he's acting.But come on, this is exactly how Booth felt when he was turned down and he obviously had to move on in order for Brenan to realize.Basically its a part of a whole bigger plan where they eventually get together (as we all know obviously )

Exactly. I have not at all been really hating on Booth. The reaction he is having isn't necessarily an unusual one. As it's been pointed out he can't just up and leave Hannah. But I do have to say that I am quite sure that Temperance's confession has impacted him. He just isn't going to admit it. And again there's that silver lining. I guess I am calling that because all the other things we've seen that shows that Booth still really loves Bones have been I suppose things that were small. I don't know maybe that's not the right way of putting it. But I don't think I want to say that the others were subtle. It's just that Booth following her in his car (regardless if it's because of worried about the sleep deprivation where again I point out no need to be worried about some accident happening if Bones isn't driving a car herself) shows all of us outright he still cares a lot about and loves Bones. Not that we didn't know that all ready.

What I believe I am trying to say is that things have been weird and different between Booth and Brennan and understandably so. However, while he loves Hannah he absolutely positively loves Temperance more. When he was in Afghanistan and with Hannah he didn't have to go to work every day and see the woman who was/is his first choice. The one he has been in love with for over 5 years. But he came back and still with Hannah but now there's Bones too. They may have been apart but that doesn't mean the feelings went away. That's other reason why he's not spending a lot of time with Brennan. Obviously the first being that he now has a serious girlfriend and his attention goes to her outside of work. It's got to be hard trying to move on while still seeing your true love at work. It would be painful. I mean look at his attempt to move on before they both left for different countries. It failed miserably because it was happening right there where he was still seeing Tempe every day. Then he left and Bones wasn't around anymore. Booth didn't forget about her and didn't stop loving her but it made it easier for him to move on like he needed to. Now, after my wordy beginning/explanation I saying this he came back and we didn't see actions from him that were bold in your face that said I love Temperance Brennan. Then in this last episode of 2010 he follows her out of concern for her. Only a man still in love does that.

Okay, so after saying all that I do have to admit there was that time on the boat when he did do the little, "I'm her partner" thing. They were on the job though and he is still going to be protective of a friend/someone whom he's has been extremely extremely close to.

As for Hannah in this episode, I did think it was a little weird that she said she didn't like when the two fought. As you all have pointed out she hasn't really known them long enough to really say that. Unlike many of you though I really like Hannah. That doesn't mean that I won't be over the top happy when she's gone. I'll be doing cartwheels people. In the end, (like the other "Booth girls") she just isn't going to cut it. Hannah isn't and will never be Temperance Brennan.

I apologize I feel like I said a lot. Maybe I went on too long. Anyway, there's my say for the moment.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

propop

[42]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 8
    Aleksandra85 wrote:
    Chelle1982 wrote:

Oh heart crushing line of the episode Brennan when Booth offers to call someone for her.... "No, I'm fine, alone...."

So sad...*sniff, sob, sniff*

I was crying like crazy watching that scene and I was like No, you are not fine alone. The worst thing is that I don't want her with Booth anymore-don't kill me, I want her to find some good guy and be happy. She deserves it.

Ok I wasn't crying (I did feel for Bones) but I am thinking along similar lines to you so you won't suffer any death by my heands .

I have been watching this show from the begining and shipped B&B all along. Its just that I have been led to feel that B&B is all just too hard. The constant obsticles of boyfriend/girlfriends, personal issues ect ect have been done to death (excuse the bad pun). I understand the need for sexual tension and how that keeps character dynamics interesting for viewers.....but it is a fragile balance that can easily reach a point of no return. For example..... Hannah has become more than a obstacle; she has become a road block and U-turn to B&B. Perhaps the characters purpose has been just a little too successful. She appears a natural fit for Booth so logic would dictate that Bones is not really the right choice for him. Creating this kind of pot-hole in the minds of the shippers ultimatley undermines the future power of 'THE' B&B moment... the one we all crave for.

ACDiNosey

[43]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 28
    I think everything I thought about this episode is very nicely expressed in the GMMR review, so I won't drabble about it. It's probably my favourite Bones episode of all times. Not for the plot, not for the characters but for the depth of insight into the central character. I liked the dark and oppressive atmosphere, and while I didn't like it, I understood why, in spite of all her friends telling her she wasn't alone, she actually was on her own most of the time, with no one to turn to. Because actually, as sad as it is, that's probably what would happen in real life...

The final scene with Booth was amazing on so many levels, and I thought both actors excelled in it. Booth told her that he had to move on, and he did, so good for him. Brennan told him the truth and realised she was too late, too bad for her. But at the end, that was the only way forward... anything else who have seemed at odds with the characters or their personal life stories. To sum up, I think i particularly loved this episode because, contrary to others, this one was true to real life. Yes it was sad and dark, but, at the end of the day, that's life!

Geri08

[44]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 31
    This episode was Brilliant and Sad...Right and Wrong!...will explain that in the end...I have to say I loved it, while it broke my heart too...

Fair deuce to Emily...fantastic acting and she was in EVERY scene! How we never see the victim through anyone elses eyes only Bones'...Of course until 3 days later when 'the world turns right side up again'...

Thought it spoke for itself when Cam had to give Booth all the measurements in 'English' now...Bones was not fortcoming and Booth did not ask her like he normally does...

Skipping the whole beginning scene, other than to say that Hannah irritates the life out of me...not just in this scene but throughout this episode and throughout the season so far...her voice is just irritating and grinding! Up to now I have taken her and have accepted her for who she is, and as a necessary annoyance for the time being...but I have now had ENOUGH!...Literally! Just love how Bones flipped with her for one moment in the FBI (by the way JUST WHY WAS SHE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE, especially when BB were discussing a case) when she said 'see, thanks for evesdropping'...

On to Mika...my but I loved that guy! Truly loved him! Had to think for a while alright that maybe he was a figment of her imagination, right up to when Booth asked her 'who's Mika'...But he is real (isn't he?)...Love how he talked to her and how 'she could understand him', like she could understand no one else...How he fed her in the middle of the night...How he put her in a taxi home when she needed to go...How he obviously liked her and how he spoke to her...She has known him for 9 years too which I thought was good...Love when he told Bones that 'sad was so much better than dead...Just one thing I would truly like to know about him though...Just 'what is his sad story'...what is Mika's story?

Loved...loved Sweets...How is it that I truly love this guy, but only when Daisy is NOT around (he acts silly with her)...I love how Bones and Sweets get along...in their own way...They are more like siblings in reality and I love how he told her that she was one of his closest friends....

Some quotes I loved...

'Unrequited sexual tension between the pilot and Lauren'...

When Bones showed Booth the picture of Lauren 'She looks nice, but no one I know'...

Bones...'Some people are very adapt at keeping their pain hidden'...

Pilot to BB...'Turned me down everytime'...(BTW loved the look between BB then)...

'My biggest regret is not accepting what he offered'...Lauren...

And some quotes I did not like...

'I'm with someone now...and Hannah, she is not a consolation prize...I love her'...Booth...

and...

'Do you want me to call someone to be with you'...Booth ''No, I am fine alone'...Bones...

(there was a time when it would have been him that would have been there for her...

Bones: 'I can adjust'...

Booth: 'I did'...

Bones: 'I know you did'...

That is why at the beginning I said 'Brilliant and Sad'...Because, really, how else could Booth have answered her here...he is an honourable guy and is with Hannah for the moment...But I also wanted to 'hurt' and 'dislike' him for hurting our Bones...'Right and Wrong'...

And in the middle of all this angst and sadnes, loved when Hodgins went to the diner to see BB and he was left with the bill! Made me laugh...

Just a sidenote...Did anyone else notice...in the opening scene where Bones lights the candle...Is that the same box of matches she uses as was in the End in the Beginning 'Amicangelo's'... and the clock beside her bed at 1:06...in the EitB too...

Moveback

[45]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 8

I loved this ep. Couple of thoughts

Bones and the Night Guard. Ya that would have sucked if he wasn't real. which passed through my mind a few times.(what was he saying that made the world turn upside down? My mother decided that was when she needed to start talking about who knows what...just like I had predicted and so I missed why the world takes 3 days to return to normal)

I hate Hannah because I like her. And she is good for Booth. But I'm not worried, at some point both Hannah and Booth will see that there is love between him and Bones and they will go their separate ways. Hopefully in a nice way, Hannah deserves that. (since Bones told Booth he will most likely do something that will sabotage his relationship with Hannah...that's how I would write it)

We all know that if Bones went missing the whole team and the Jefersonian would KNOW she wasn't there. Which I think was the point Bones was trying to make at the beginning with the guy from the hospital. the 'world' knows who she (bones) is and so if she died everyone would know.

Sorry if my thoughts are a little scrambled. I too think this was the best ep of season 6, probably season 5 too.

Did anyone else catch the "I don't know what that means" ? Almost like we were back in season one. I LOVE that line. I use it all the time, even when I do know. It makes me giggle to myself.

penelope1985

[46]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 21
    What is there to say about this episode? It was the probably the best plotted episode of Bones ever... People were expecting this for years. The moment Brennan realizes who she is and what she's done... ED's performance was flawless... pitch perfect...

Ι have to say I also liked DB's subtle performance in this episode too... It wasn't too much... He was waiting for things to sink in... I think we'll get a scene later when Booth realizes that Brennan loves him...

That Hannah comment was unbelievable... The first scene was almost creepy... noone was having fun at that table... I'm still waiting for Angela to start shouting at Brennan for being the way she is...

Aaaaaaaaaah that last scene... so subtle... so gentle... so honest...
    Booth could have been a bit more expressive, but then as I said before, he must have been in a little bit of shock...

Officialy this is the first moment that I don't know what comes next... Where do they go from here? Booth will obviously start questioning everything again... starting with the white picked fence...

And Brennan will probably regress even more...

Geri08

[47]Dec 10, 2010

Ah Penelope, good to see your comment...and here is a review from a fan on Twitter, which I thought would be appropriate to post...I think it may answer your question there at the end...a little bit anyway...

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/7dlgc0

grissomsidle

[48]Dec 10, 2010
    Hmm...so it has to get worse before it gets better. Right? The darkest before the dawn.

Geri08

[49]Dec 10, 2010
    grissomsidle wrote:
    Hmm...so it has to get worse before it gets better. Right? The darkest before the dawn.

It's all out there now...in the open...They have both taken a chance on each other and it has not worked out...they are now equal...I think that now things can happen...We will see lots of things happening between this episode and the 13th...I think Bones will revert a little but hopefully not completely...It's a whole new playing field now...The world is full of possibilities...

grissomsidle

[50]Dec 10, 2010
    Geri08 wrote:
    grissomsidle wrote:

It's all out there now...in the open...They have both taken a chance on each other and it has not worked out...they are now equal...I think that now things can happen...We will see lots of things happening between this episode and the 13th...I think Bones will revert a little but hopefully not completely...It's a whole new playing field now...The world is full of possibilities...

Nicely said. Bring on the rest of the season people. Oh right. We have to wait until Jan. 20th

sararose244

[51]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 2

To me I felt like the cards were reshuffled. This whole season we've been waiting for Brennan to wake up and realize her mistake. Now she has and now Booth is aware of her regret of turning him down that her feelings are there. That she is there. Of course he had to turn her down gently I mean he's a good man what else did you see him doing? He may not have had an huge emotional reaction, but considering he probably never thought she'd admit this he probably had a part of him frozen. He did the best he could and at least didn't scream at her or say "oh you realize this NOW" type thing. Now it's Booths turn to play the hand he was dealt and see that he was wrong about one of two things. He may love Hannah but compared to Brennan and everything they've been through she is a consolation prize. He just hasn't realized it. People don't figure things out like this in real life in huge dramatic moments it is the small unguarded ones that matter and make it that much more powerful. Brennan loves Booth and her realization will have weight with both of them till it leads to what we know is inevitable. I just hope that they don't drag it out for longer than the rest of this season because otherwise I think the fans will set fire to Hart Hansons house, lol.

Lily327

[52]Dec 10, 2010

This is one of my favourite shows. I may not articulate my thoughts as well as some you vetran posters, but will try. From what I gathered from all the posts I've read, I believe we all agree that Booth is still in love with Brennan. I think he loves Hannah as well, but not "in love" with her. I wasn't surprised at his reaction to Brennan's epiphany that "she got the signal". I expected it, because Booth believes in honor and commitment; He's not just gonna drop Hannah on a dime because of that. He not only had to "get over" the sting of rejection, but has also brought this woman into Parker's life as well. I think once it sets into his mind that Brennan returns his love and knows she missed her chance, and the raw emotion she showed about it, it will start eating away at him. I still think there will be some romantic tension between them, which will spill over into his relationship with Hannah. I think Sweets will continue to pursue this aspect with both B&B, especially now that she has partly accepted his views on psychology. I can't wait for the upsoming episdodes in January. I just hate they switched it from Thursday to Friday.

Nat6386

[53]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 14
    Geri08 wrote:
    Skipping the whole beginning scene, other than to say that Hannah irritates the life out of me...not just in this scene but throughout this episode and throughout the season so far...her voice is just irritating and grinding! Up to now I have taken her and have accepted her for who she is, and as a necessary annoyance for the time being...but I have now had ENOUGH!...Literally! Just love how Bones flipped with her for one moment in the FBI (by the way JUST WHY WAS SHE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE, especially when BB were discussing a case) when she said 'see, thanks for evesdropping'...

First and Foremost I COULDN'T AGREE MORE GERI! Hannah annoys me so much, from the moment she was introduced, I knew she would be here for a while and I'm definitely not happy about it. However I think that Hannah needs to stay for a just a while longer, cause the tension between BB needs to mount again, and fighting between Hannah and Booth will help it, in my opinion. I think the underlying nature of their rship needs to be restored so when "That" moment occurs, it is everything the audience asks for. Apart from that, I thought it was such a moving episode, as with most of you I cried like a little girl in the end scene. I think what was so great about this episode was that is focussed on what has been missing and lacking, in that it showed real character development. It is a step in the right direction for our Bones to see life in a different way, without losing what makes her so unique. She realized what we all knew, and actually felt something about being rejected. I loved when she was talking to herself and Mika's interruptions. It wasn't all about a crappy case as has been the likes throughout this season, it was purely about her with the case as a backdrop. It is one of my favourite episodes of Bones ever.

Geri08

[54]Dec 10, 2010

Tv Fanatic Review...

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2010/12/bones-review-the-doctor-in-the-photo/

Geri08

[55]Dec 10, 2010

EW Review...Brennan's Ghost...

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/bones-season-6-episode-9/

Geri08

[56]Dec 10, 2010

Buddy TV...Three days that turn Brennan's life upside down...

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/bones/bones-fan-columnist-3-days-38850.aspx

Geri08

[57]Dec 10, 2010

Zap2it...Alone again naturally...

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/12/bones-alone-again-naturally.html

Geri08

[58]Dec 10, 2010

Ratings...

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/12/ratings-news-10th-december-2010-how-did.html

sararose244

[59]Dec 10, 2010

Lily327 wrote:

This is one of my favourite shows. I may not articulate my thoughts as well as some you vetran posters, but will try. From what I gathered from all the posts I've read, I believe we all agree that Booth is still in love with Brennan. I think he loves Hannah as well, but not "in love" with her. I wasn't surprised at his reaction to Brennan's epiphany that "she got the signal". I expected it, because Booth believes in honor and commitment; He's not just gonna drop Hannah on a dime because of that. He not only had to "get over" the sting of rejection, but has also brought this woman into Parker's life as well. I think once it sets into his mind that Brennan returns his love and knows she missed her chance, and the raw emotion she showed about it, it will start eating away at him. I still think there will be some romantic tension between them, which will spill over into his relationship with Hannah. I think Sweets will continue to pursue this aspect with both B&B, especially now that she has partly accepted his views on psychology. I can't wait for the upsoming episdodes in January. I just hate they switched it from Thursday to Friday.

I agree with you completely but we're not actually switching to Fridays we're just moving from 8 pm to 9 pm on Thursdays. At least thats what I read online.

MiaFacciata

[60]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 7

Brilliant episode! The case was somewhat predictable but the development in Brennan's character made up for it, big time. I mean, watching her (almost) break apart was so perfectly painful and meaningful that not even Hannah's aggravatingly wobbly way of speaking could have, in any way, ruined it for me.

Though, I couldn't watch the car scene without feeling too much for Bones and hating Booth for not giving her another chance despite her not giving him a chance the first time around! I get it you guys. He was hurt; he moved on. But, you guys. YOU GUYS. She cried. I like Booth but, good grief! I've never had so much hate for a fictional character as much as I did him at that very moment.

Three days to get over the impact of this episode then? Kk.