• level: 35

Ratings for last night's episode:

First half hour
    A18-49: 2.2/7
    8.207 million viewers

Second half hour
    A18-49: 2.5/7
    9.318 million viewers

It started slow but it went up 0.3 in the 18-49 demos for the second half hour, and up 1.1 million viewers also for the second half.

We'll have to wait for the final numbers though.

Edited on 12/10/2010 9:01am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BarryWeen3

[62]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 14
    sararose244 wrote:

Lily327 wrote:

This is one of my favourite shows. I may not articulate my thoughts as well as some you vetran posters, but will try. From what I gathered from all the posts I've read, I believe we all agree that Booth is still in love with Brennan. I think he loves Hannah as well, but not "in love" with her. I wasn't surprised at his reaction to Brennan's epiphany that "she got the signal". I expected it, because Booth believes in honor and commitment; He's not just gonna drop Hannah on a dime because of that. He not only had to "get over" the sting of rejection, but has also brought this woman into Parker's life as well. I think once it sets into his mind that Brennan returns his love and knows she missed her chance, and the raw emotion she showed about it, it will start eating away at him. I still think there will be some romantic tension between them, which will spill over into his relationship with Hannah. I think Sweets will continue to pursue this aspect with both B&B, especially now that she has partly accepted his views on psychology. I can't wait for the upsoming episdodes in January. I just hate they switched it from Thursday to Friday.

I agree with you completely but we're not actually switching to Fridays we're just moving from 8 pm to 9 pm on Thursdays. At least thats what I read online.

That is correct. American Idol will take up the 8PM hour, followed by Bones. This shoves Fringe over to Fridays.

BarryWeen3

[63]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 14
    Good episode. As others have stated, best of this season, but that's not hard considering how crappy this season has been.

Loved Myka, course I like the actor, especially in his other series, Flashpoint.

I'm glad Bones came to the realization she did in the end. Hopefully she'll continue to grow from that point, but like others, she'll probably regress. Not like she hasn't already done that this season.

As to how Booth reacted, of course he still cares about her, no matter the fact that he moved on, you don't get rid of the feelings he had for Bones overnight. They will always be there, but he's moved on to Hannah. And knowing Booth's character, you can't him to expect to do anything else than what he said in the car to Bones.

What this means in the future for Bones and Booth getting together, I really don't care anymore at this point. This was a good episode, well done. They'll probably get together in the future at some point. I just don't care about that anymore, HH has screwed around so much getting there, I just don't care.

I'll still watch, because it's still a good show most of the time. But Bones is no longer one of my top shows to watch first. I would say Chuck, Castle, NCIS, Leverage, Burn Notice, Fringe, and Supernatural are my top shows at this point.

carioca22

[64]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 15

And the 3-day window of opportunity is now closed. She put herself out there and backfired badly. Ended up alone as usual. She's soo gonna regress. And that's so frustrating.

Great episode tough.

If I could describe season 6 in two words it would be SAD and FRUSTRATING.

This can't last too long. I don't have heart to watch a whole sad and frustrating season...

ForeverAngel2Me

[65]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 3

Well, well, well ... I see HH & SN can 'write' a GOOD episode, afterall! Unfortunately, it's just 'sad' that it took 8 episodes into Season 6, before that happened! Also, I'm rather 'surprised' the ratings were NOT alot better for this episode, as it DID 'live up to all the hype' that was 'advertised' about it! Still, I will say 'thank you' Hart & Stephen for doing such a good job with it ... as obviously, it was soooooo about time!

Actually, there was only 'one thing' I didn't like about this episode, and that was 'during' Brennan's 'confession' scene ... when Booth responded to her saying that Hannah is NOT a 'constellation prize'! Now to me, that 'speaks volumes' because Booth was 'implying' that Hannah is NOT 'second best'! And, all I've been reading about lately, is how 'fans' are saying that Hannah IS 'second best'! Really, a 'constellation prize' and 'second best' are the same meaning, aren't they? Actually, I always thought they were! So, because of that, how can Hannah be 'considered' as 'second best' when Booth actually does NOT feel she's a 'constellation prize'? And I know, you're all gonna 'tell me' that Booth hasn't 'realized' that part yet, and even so ... it's still 'disturbing' that Booth 'believes' Hannah really IS his 'first choice'. Really, I thought Booth should've just told Brennan that he was with Hannah now, besides, also admitting he loved her. The fact that Booth said Hannah was NOT a 'constellation prize' really 'scared' me, cuz I'm feeling like Booth is 'believing' that's completely true, and that he isn't 'doubting' it, at all. Now, can I say how much this 'concerns' me? Cuz, it seems like Booth won't ever 'wake up' or 'realize' that Hannah is NOT 'supposed to be' his 'first choice'! I'm also feeling as if HH & SN could now 'drag' this scenario out 'all over again' ... and 'continue' keeping Booth & Brennan even 'further away' from 'getting together' anytime soon. Also, having to 'wonder' what's gonna happen to Brennan because of Booth 'rejecting her'? And even though, Brennan said she could 'adjust' ... just exactly what kind of 'adjustment' is she gonna make? Ohhhhhh!! Just 'putting it out there' ... as if things now 'change' to the point of Brennan 'finding' another guy, OR, Booth 'staying' with Hannah permanently, well ... there won't be 'any more questions' from me, as I will be sooooooooo done! I mean, this episode was a 'key factor' to see Brennan FINALLY understand things, which led to her *realization*! So, the next phase' should be for Booth & Brennan to 'progress' into the 'next level' ... which means they will 'figure out' there's no more 'roadblocks' cuz they do 'belong together'! Really, anything else happening 'instead' will be completely ridiculous, besides, not very believable!

penelope1985

[66]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 21
    Ηοw ironic is it that the last scene was in the rain...?

nhcool_007

[67]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 8

Hey just a question....errm was Micah a part of Bones's imagination??

Because I didnt think so...but many reviews say so.

What do you guys think?

(Btw I loved his character and his scenes )

Edited on 12/10/2010 1:50pm

OnePerCentClub

[68]Dec 10, 2010
    penelope1985 wrote:

Totally ironic

OnePerCentClub

[69]Dec 10, 2010

Final ratings for Bones:

- 8.358 million viewers
    - 5.1/8 HH
    - 2.2/7 A18-49

Almost every show was down this week. I'm sure ratings will rise after the holidays.

OnePerCentClub

[70]Dec 10, 2010
    And for the record, it was season low for Bones.

Geri08

[71]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 31
    OnePerCentClub wrote:
    penelope1985 wrote:

Totally ironic

WHY?

Geri08

[72]Dec 10, 2010

Carla Kettner talks writing this epi...

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2010/12/10/bones-carla-kettner-talks-writing-the-doctor-in-the-photo-brennan-booth-and-micah/

And can I just remind everyone what I said about it being mainly male writers on Bones...We get the odd female writer and they (she in this instance) is brilliant and does a really good job...I am just talking about this season in this instance...

KxGx

[73]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 6
    Booth has to believe Hannah is not a consolation prize, he has convinced himself that he is in love with her and has moved on from Bones. She would only be a consolation prize is he were still in love with bones.

And of course we know better. I have literally just watched the episode. I read some posts and reviews on the episode and was expecting a cold booth. What i saw was a real flash of pain cross his face when she started crying. That tiny look actually affected me even more than anything else in the episode. (of course ED was superb and her acting deserves whatever awards you give out over there) His look reminded me just how much he has been hurt and despite trying his hardest to be over her that look meant he knows he is not and he is still trying to fight it.

Geri08

[74]Dec 10, 2010
    KxGx wrote:
    Booth has to believe Hannah is not a consolation prize, he has convinced himself that he is in love with her and has moved on from Bones. She would only be a consolation prize is he were still in love with bones.

And of course we know better. I have literally just watched the episode. I read some posts and reviews on the episode and was expecting a cold booth. What i saw was a real flash of pain cross his face when she started crying. That tiny look actually affected me even more than anything else in the episode. (of course ED was superb and her acting deserves whatever awards you give out over there) His look reminded me just how much he has been hurt and despite trying his hardest to be over her that look meant he knows he is not and he is still trying to fight it.

You know, I was thinking about this episode on my way home in the car today (when am I not thinking of Bones?)...I was thinking about Booth and 'how he got hurt' for want of a better word...Now I have to say that alot of it is his own fault...The one and only time he told her (Bones) that he loved her, he had to qualify it with in 'an atta-girl kind of way'...When he told her in the 100th about wanting to take a chance with her, not once did he tell her he loved her...Yet when Bones turned him down, he was all affronted and his pride was wounded...in the words of the 'writers' he had being wronged by Bones...Phhttt!! Did he fight for her? Did he try to change her mind? Did he truly tell her how he felt about her? Never! He just gave up...And then he goes off and finds Hannah in Afghanistan...So far, season 6, Booth has being trying to show that he has moved on with Hannah...(we all know differently)...In this episode, I think we saw the first crack...The point I am trying to make, is that up to now, the writers have been trying to make Bones PAY for letting 'poor' Booth down (I want to smack the guy)...She tells him how she feels in this episode and he turns her down for the want of a better word...Now they are even and things (even though angsty for the moment) are going to start to change...it's out there guys...and there is no denying it...The point that I am trying to make in all of this 'spiel' is that I do not think that Booth was 'wronged' in any way by Bones...He has always known what she is like and she was only acting in the way that 'we all' knew that she would (but not Booth unfortunately)...If he had only waited and stood by her as he, her best friend and more should have, think how this episode would have changed everything for them...WOW! This would have been IT...But now we have to wait for another little while...

Geri08

[75]Dec 10, 2010

Will Brennan's awakening be too little too late?...

http://www.movieline.com/2010/12/bones-preview-will-brennans-awakening-be-too-little-too-late.php

KxGx

[76]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 6
    Geri,
    I completely agree that Bones has done NOTHING wrong at all and Booth should have tried much harder, after all he knows exactly who she is and what she is like. It was like he had already resigned himself to the fact that it was never going to happen but thought hed give it a half hearted attempt just in case. I also hate the person he has been this season, he has been a total Prat. She genuinely let herself open up in a way he never did. But that flash of pain across his face really got to me. I think the writers and HH have something very wrong this season. I saw more love and a greater connection between Bones and the watchman that i have between her and Booth all season. I actually thought personality wise theyd have made a fab couple. Oh and i dont think that he was a haalucination or whatever. I very much want him to have been real and it would be lovely to see him about again, i could grow to love him as a character although im pretty certain we wont see him again.

Starprincess13

[77]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 24

nhcool_007 wrote:

Hey just a question....errm was Micah a part of Bones's imagination??

Because I didnt think so...but many reviews say so.

What do you guys think?

(Btw I loved his character and his scenes )

They purposely didn't say. They (aka, the writers, TPTB, etc) wanted to leave it up to us, let us decide whether or not we think he is real. I personally think he is real (although, that might just be my love for both the character and the actor along with my desire for him to come back, talking).

Geri08

[78]Dec 10, 2010
    KxGx wrote:
    I saw more love and a greater connection between Bones and the watchman that i have between her and Booth all season. I actually thought personality wise theyd have made a fab couple. Oh and i dont think that he was a haalucination or whatever. I very much want him to have been real and it would be lovely to see him about again, i could grow to love him as a character although im pretty certain we wont see him again.

I agree...Micah was a wonderful character...They have known each other for nine years...He just accepted her the way she was...He looked out for her...and he could understand her like she could understand him...I would really love for him to return again...

carioca22

[79]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 15

I don't think what happened was Brennan's fault. Some people think she was a biicth and is now paying for it.

C'mon she was so scared. She was crying. She wanted him but she didn't think she could have him. She wouldn't make him happy.

She said: I can't change I don't know how. To what Booth should have replied: I don't want you to change. Or something like it.

In the end they both got wounded both times. But Bones regresses in ways Booth doesn't, so I think it's worse for her.

Everytime she steps out of her shell and allows herself to love she gets burned badly. Rejected and alone over and over again. Now Booth did it too, unwillingly of course, but the result is the same.

I'm worried about how much she'll regress. She counted so much on Booth to progress and develop. Is she going to bury herself even deeper?

I'm sad. Feels like BB missed their moment just like Rebecca and Booth. My HH how to pizz fans sensor is telling me Brennan will find a third party for herself just when Hannah starts to leave.

There's no more room for BB turning each other down now. You know that right, writers? This is not ping-pong.

Geri08

[80]Dec 10, 2010
    carioca22 wrote:

I don't think what happened was Brennan's fault. Some people think she was a biicth and is now paying for it.

C'mon she was so scared. She was crying. She wanted him but she didn't think she could have him. She wouldn't make him happy.

She said: I can't change I don't know how. To what Booth should have replied: I don't want you to change. Or something like it.

In the end they both got wounded both times. But Bones regresses in ways Booth doesn't, so I think it's worse for her.

Everytime she steps out of her shell and allows herself to love she gets burned badly. Rejected and alone over and over again. Now Booth did it too, unwillingly of course, but the result is the same.

I'm worried about how much she'll regress. She counted so much on Booth to progress and develop. Is she going to bury herself even deeper?

I'm sad. Feels like BB missed their moment just like Rebecca and Booth. My HH how to pizz fans sensor is telling me Brennan will find a third party for herself just when Hannah starts to leave.

There's no more room for BB turning each other down now. You know that right, writers? This is not ping-pong.

I do not think that she will regress as some fear...I think she will close off a little alright, just like Bones does when emotions get too hard for her to handle...but I think that this experience that she has had was most definitely cathartic for her...and now that she realises just what Booth means to her, she will not be able to close off from that...I think that things are definitely going to get worse before they get better, but now there is hope for real change...room for great possibilities...