Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Discussion - 6x10 - The body in the bag

  • Avatar of haldrey

    haldrey

    [62]Jan 22, 2011
    • member since: 02/23/08
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 3,925

    MuteTroubadouR wrote:


    boothaddict wrote:
    Nat6386 wrote:
    MuteTroubadouR wrote:


    BarryWeen3 wrote:


    olivia56 wrote:


    I don't deny that I am not fond of the character Hannah, but only in that since they introduced her, the actual cases and stories have gotten uninteresting and rather boring, as have alot of the interactions, (or lack thereof), of the regular characters and squinterns.. I have limited time evenings for the TV, and pick shows which I find entertaining, waiting for a show to recoup itself is ok for a couple of episodes, but not for a season, or even half a season. There other shows



    You can do what my friend has done, she's gone over to Castle, which she calls Bones Lite.


    I agree with her assessment it's like a version of Bones but more comedic whereas Bones is more drama.


    So if you want some fun and are being bummed out about Bones, check out Castle. Hey it's got Nathan Fillion of Firefly fame (and Buffy).


    I also am enjoying Castle more than Bones nowadays, actually have been sinceCastle premiered.


    I'm with Been, Castle is currently where my trust lies. Mainly because they're is still fantasmic chemistry between Castle and Beckett. There's a desperation in the relationship that BB doesn't have anymore (imho). Also the writing in the current season is pretty strong and funny and moving, where Bones has dropped the ball. I don't think I have the strength to give up Bones, particularly when they are sniping people, lol, but I've lost some trust.


    In terms of this episode, the case wasalright.I followed along. But I still felt nauseated the entire episode with them pushing this Bren/Hannah bffing in our face so much. It's completely unrealistic and just all together squicky. I personally don't want to see it. It just doesn't make sense at all, other than the one reason HH has given us, which is "They are both strong and independent women." Yeah so what? That doesn't make them besties.



    Couldnt agree more!! at first when Castle came out I was like, WHAT?!? its just a version of bones but the other way round - like i would watch it when we have the real thing in Bones, but i watched one ep in between season 5 and 6 of bones and got hooked and am now up to date, and when bones aired and it did not live up to any expectations at ALL, Castle in re to tension and crime shows - is my drug of choice!!


    HANNAH NEEDS TO GO - it seems the writers are so focussed on bone-booth-hannah all being friends that they are neglecting the great cases, the way all the characters fuse together and ABOVE ALL the juicy, ever present, never satisfied tension between B&B, that lets face it, drew most of its viewers, that once made it a great show.... it now lacks ALL of that, even the most basic of acts between booth and bren, the constant of the show - drinking after a case - is now apparently open to anyone....


    If I continue watching this, IF it needs for juice, more tension - what a let down....


    Castle's a Bones copy.They follow any cue Bones sends their way,and anything that doesn't work for Bones,they don't do.Bones has taken a risk,and it's not paying off yet,so they won't do it.So if you prefer that,there's your reason.Come to think of it,as much as I've hated it so far,maybe introducing Hannah and putting her up against Brennan as an amazing woman,the ideal one for Booth,will only make BB stronger.The fact that he still chooses Brennan in the end,and we know he will,that means something.And the way he's studiously avoided her,even avoiding her eyes or her touch...he can't go on like that forever,and he knows it.That's why I think the elevator arc could be so good.In a four by four foot space,you can't avoid anything.If you don't like spoilers,I won't reveal any more of it here.The thing is,he loves her.I can't bring myself to watch the show until all is right in the Bones world again,but from what I got here,and from what I know of Booth,he must have told Hannah because he's afraid that now he knows he has the slightest chance with Brennan,he thinks he might take it.He won't be able to stop himself.Someone was saying he's already doing things like putting his hand on the small of her back and getting more emotional.Anyway,my point is,the show deserves better than a simple fairytale ending-they never do anything the normal way.We wouldn't love it otherwise. And I think calling it Bones lite is a being too nice-atleast Booth Lite is hot.And Fillon is probably made to sit down and watch acting tapes with Boreanaz on them,and he's not gorgeous,so it can't work.
    Uhm okay, so I basically disagree with everything you said about Castle. And btw most of that was kind of nasty, especially what you said about the Nathan Fillion. Nathan Fillion is a fantastic actor, so let's just leave it at that, shall we?


    O.o


    Agree! I like both Bones and Castle, the only thing is that Castle is newer and therefore fresher. As to this episode it was good, just not as good as the previous ones. It had the taste of a filler.

    Edited on 01/22/2011 9:42am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of nhcool_007

    nhcool_007

    [63]Jan 22, 2011
    • member since: 10/13/10
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 41

    haldrey wrote:


    MuteTroubadouR wrote:


    boothaddict wrote:
    Nat6386 wrote:
    MuteTroubadouR wrote:


    BarryWeen3 wrote:


    olivia56 wrote:


    I don't deny that I am not fond of the character Hannah, but only in that since they introduced her, the actual cases and stories have gotten uninteresting and rather boring, as have alot of the interactions, (or lack thereof), of the regular characters and squinterns.. I have limited time evenings for the TV, and pick shows which I find entertaining, waiting for a show to recoup itself is ok for a couple of episodes, but not for a season, or even half a season. There other shows



    You can do what my friend has done, she's gone over to Castle, which she calls Bones Lite.


    I agree with her assessment it's like a version of Bones but more comedic whereas Bones is more drama.


    So if you want some fun and are being bummed out about Bones, check out Castle. Hey it's got Nathan Fillion of Firefly fame (and Buffy).


    I also am enjoying Castle more than Bones nowadays, actually have been sinceCastle premiered.


    I'm with Been, Castle is currently where my trust lies. Mainly because they're is still fantasmic chemistry between Castle and Beckett. There's a desperation in the relationship that BB doesn't have anymore (imho). Also the writing in the current season is pretty strong and funny and moving, where Bones has dropped the ball. I don't think I have the strength to give up Bones, particularly when they are sniping people, lol, but I've lost some trust.


    In terms of this episode, the case wasalright.I followed along. But I still felt nauseated the entire episode with them pushing this Bren/Hannah bffing in our face so much. It's completely unrealistic and just all together squicky. I personally don't want to see it. It just doesn't make sense at all, other than the one reason HH has given us, which is "They are both strong and independent women." Yeah so what? That doesn't make them besties.



    Couldnt agree more!! at first when Castle came out I was like, WHAT?!? its just a version of bones but the other way round - like i would watch it when we have the real thing in Bones, but i watched one ep in between season 5 and 6 of bones and got hooked and am now up to date, and when bones aired and it did not live up to any expectations at ALL, Castle in re to tension and crime shows - is my drug of choice!!


    HANNAH NEEDS TO GO - it seems the writers are so focussed on bone-booth-hannah all being friends that they are neglecting the great cases, the way all the characters fuse together and ABOVE ALL the juicy, ever present, never satisfied tension between B&B, that lets face it, drew most of its viewers, that once made it a great show.... it now lacks ALL of that, even the most basic of acts between booth and bren, the constant of the show - drinking after a case - is now apparently open to anyone....


    If I continue watching this, IF it needs for juice, more tension - what a let down....


    Castle's a Bones copy.They follow any cue Bones sends their way,and anything that doesn't work for Bones,they don't do.Bones has taken a risk,and it's not paying off yet,so they won't do it.So if you prefer that,there's your reason.Come to think of it,as much as I've hated it so far,maybe introducing Hannah and putting her up against Brennan as an amazing woman,the ideal one for Booth,will only make BB stronger.The fact that he still chooses Brennan in the end,and we know he will,that means something.And the way he's studiously avoided her,even avoiding her eyes or her touch...he can't go on like that forever,and he knows it.That's why I think the elevator arc could be so good.In a four by four foot space,you can't avoid anything.If you don't like spoilers,I won't reveal any more of it here.The thing is,he loves her.I can't bring myself to watch the show until all is right in the Bones world again,but from what I got here,and from what I know of Booth,he must have told Hannah because he's afraid that now he knows he has the slightest chance with Brennan,he thinks he might take it.He won't be able to stop himself.Someone was saying he's already doing things like putting his hand on the small of her back and getting more emotional.Anyway,my point is,the show deserves better than a simple fairytale ending-they never do anything the normal way.We wouldn't love it otherwise. And I think calling it Bones lite is a being too nice-atleast Booth Lite is hot.And Fillon is probably made to sit down and watch acting tapes with Boreanaz on them,and he's not gorgeous,so it can't work.
    Uhm okay, so I basically disagree with everything you said about Castle. And btw most of that was kind of nasty, especially what you said about the Nathan Fillion. Nathan Fillion is a fantastic actor, so let's just leave it at that, shall we?


    O.o


    Agree! I like both Bones and Castle, the only thing is that Castle is newer and therefore fresher. As to this episode it was good, just not as good as the previous ones. It had the taste of a filler.


    I prefer Bones anyday. Castle seems interesting because its the third season. As mentioned above- its newer therefore fresher Remember Bones 3rd season...Ya beats Castle anyday. A story has to progress, and Bones has done that beautifully. I like Castle, but I dont think it has enough depth to reach where Bones is today. An ya it kinda does seem a rip off, of Bones i way too many things. Nathan Fillion is a pretty good actor, but is a different character as Compared to what David Boreanaz portrays. But comeon, Davids way hotter and I think a damn good actor. The reason some Bones fans are gravitating towards castle is because its reminiscent of early Bones days (not exactly but somewhat) But as I said above, a show can not be stuck at one point forever its gotta move in some direction. Bones season 4, season 5 were amazing. Not really expecting Castle to reach up to that level. And I'm not judging Season 6 yet. I love Bones

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BarryWeen3

    BarryWeen3

    [64]Jan 22, 2011
    • member since: 09/28/05
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,145

    nhcool_007 wrote:


    haldrey wrote:


    MuteTroubadouR wrote:


    boothaddict wrote:
    Nat6386 wrote:
    MuteTroubadouR wrote:


    BarryWeen3 wrote:


    olivia56 wrote:


    I don't deny that I am not fond of the character Hannah, but only in that since they introduced her, the actual cases and stories have gotten uninteresting and rather boring, as have alot of the interactions, (or lack thereof), of the regular characters and squinterns.. I have limited time evenings for the TV, and pick shows which I find entertaining, waiting for a show to recoup itself is ok for a couple of episodes, but not for a season, or even half a season. There other shows



    You can do what my friend has done, she's gone over to Castle, which she calls Bones Lite.


    I agree with her assessment it's like a version of Bones but more comedic whereas Bones is more drama.


    So if you want some fun and are being bummed out about Bones, check out Castle. Hey it's got Nathan Fillion of Firefly fame (and Buffy).


    I also am enjoying Castle more than Bones nowadays, actually have been sinceCastle premiered.


    I'm with Been, Castle is currently where my trust lies. Mainly because they're is still fantasmic chemistry between Castle and Beckett. There's a desperation in the relationship that BB doesn't have anymore (imho). Also the writing in the current season is pretty strong and funny and moving, where Bones has dropped the ball. I don't think I have the strength to give up Bones, particularly when they are sniping people, lol, but I've lost some trust.


    In terms of this episode, the case wasalright.I followed along. But I still felt nauseated the entire episode with them pushing this Bren/Hannah bffing in our face so much. It's completely unrealistic and just all together squicky. I personally don't want to see it. It just doesn't make sense at all, other than the one reason HH has given us, which is "They are both strong and independent women." Yeah so what? That doesn't make them besties.



    Couldnt agree more!! at first when Castle came out I was like, WHAT?!? its just a version of bones but the other way round - like i would watch it when we have the real thing in Bones, but i watched one ep in between season 5 and 6 of bones and got hooked and am now up to date, and when bones aired and it did not live up to any expectations at ALL, Castle in re to tension and crime shows - is my drug of choice!!


    HANNAH NEEDS TO GO - it seems the writers are so focussed on bone-booth-hannah all being friends that they are neglecting the great cases, the way all the characters fuse together and ABOVE ALL the juicy, ever present, never satisfied tension between B&B, that lets face it, drew most of its viewers, that once made it a great show.... it now lacks ALL of that, even the most basic of acts between booth and bren, the constant of the show - drinking after a case - is now apparently open to anyone....


    If I continue watching this, IF it needs for juice, more tension - what a let down....


    Castle's a Bones copy.They follow any cue Bones sends their way,and anything that doesn't work for Bones,they don't do.Bones has taken a risk,and it's not paying off yet,so they won't do it.So if you prefer that,there's your reason.Come to think of it,as much as I've hated it so far,maybe introducing Hannah and putting her up against Brennan as an amazing woman,the ideal one for Booth,will only make BB stronger.The fact that he still chooses Brennan in the end,and we know he will,that means something.And the way he's studiously avoided her,even avoiding her eyes or her touch...he can't go on like that forever,and he knows it.That's why I think the elevator arc could be so good.In a four by four foot space,you can't avoid anything.If you don't like spoilers,I won't reveal any more of it here.The thing is,he loves her.I can't bring myself to watch the show until all is right in the Bones world again,but from what I got here,and from what I know of Booth,he must have told Hannah because he's afraid that now he knows he has the slightest chance with Brennan,he thinks he might take it.He won't be able to stop himself.Someone was saying he's already doing things like putting his hand on the small of her back and getting more emotional.Anyway,my point is,the show deserves better than a simple fairytale ending-they never do anything the normal way.We wouldn't love it otherwise. And I think calling it Bones lite is a being too nice-atleast Booth Lite is hot.And Fillon is probably made to sit down and watch acting tapes with Boreanaz on them,and he's not gorgeous,so it can't work.
    Uhm okay, so I basically disagree with everything you said about Castle. And btw most of that was kind of nasty, especially what you said about the Nathan Fillion. Nathan Fillion is a fantastic actor, so let's just leave it at that, shall we?


    O.o


    Agree! I like both Bones and Castle, the only thing is that Castle is newer and therefore fresher. As to this episode it was good, just not as good as the previous ones. It had the taste of a filler.


    I prefer Bones anyday. Castle seems interesting because its the third season. As mentioned above- its newer therefore fresher Remember Bones 3rd season...Ya beats Castle anyday. A story has to progress, and Bones has done that beautifully. I like Castle, but I dont think it has enough depth to reach where Bones is today. An ya it kinda does seem a rip off, of Bones i way too many things. Nathan Fillion is a pretty good actor, but is a different character as Compared to what David Boreanaz portrays. But comeon, Davids way hotter and I think a damn good actor. The reason some Bones fans are gravitating towards castle is because its reminiscent of early Bones days (not exactly but somewhat) But as I said above, a show can not be stuck at one point forever its gotta move in some direction. Bones season 4, season 5 were amazing. Not really expecting Castle to reach up to that level. And I'm not judging Season 6 yet. I love Bones



    Not disagreeing with that. Hence why my friend calls Castle Bones Lite. But right off the bat when Castle came outit still was a bit different from Bones. There's a lot of parallels between the two, very obvious ones too, of course. What I think is they're both comedy-dramas, but in Bones it's more emphasis on the drama where with Castle it's more emphasis on the comedy. I liked Castle as I said before because of Nathan Fillion who I followed from Firefly (there was another great comedy drama show gone too early), and they've thrown in Firefly references here and there, which is fun to catch. And yes it has the flirtatious fun that the early Bones did too and in Castle it's much more overt than Bones.


    I still like Bones, I just like Castle more, same with several of my friends. Could also be because we're all Firefly fans too.

    Edited on 01/22/2011 1:49pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of idlescribe

    idlescribe

    [65]Jan 22, 2011
    • member since: 04/12/09
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 110
    Well, I have just watched the episode and I have to say I found it amusing that when considering events only related to the love-triangle, the most consistent and likable person of all three is Hannah...

    And I found it too easy the way Angela and Hodgins dismissed the house (read imposing house) that has been in the family for generations. Too many chandeliers? Weak...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kazgirl80

    kazgirl80

    [66]Jan 22, 2011
    • member since: 12/22/10
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 51

    i think Booth had to tell Hannah, that he was afraid not to.


    with the scene in the car playing over and over in his head, he must be struggling to remember why he and Bones are over.


    by telling Hannah, she'd his roadblock. she'll now be on the lookout for him slipping back into his old relationship with bones. and Hannah's 'friendship' with Bones is a way for Hannah to keep an eye on her.


    Booth is an honorable guy, but he's also broken.


    go back to the 100th ep. remember his face when he realises Bones is saying no.


    he looked so young, so hurt.


    Hannah is safe, everytihng is easy with her (too easy).


    Booth know Hannah is with him, there's no gamble with her, she's a sure thing.


    but the heart wants with it wants, and it's wanted Bones from the beginning.


    He's that Guy, remember.


    now, Booth needs to remember that too.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JustAnnW

    JustAnnW

    [67]Jan 22, 2011
    • member since: 10/02/10
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 192

    I still think it was wrong of Booth to tell Hannah, because Bones is very private and it was hard for her to even realise those feelings. Besides, I keep thinking how upset Booth got when bones told Hacker why he didn't like the meatloaf, and this is way bigger than meatloaf!


    I don't think it would make him dishonest not to tell Hannah. I'm sure there's a lot she doesn't know. If he truly loves Hannah, than Bones feelings don't cause a threat so why bring it up. If what Bones said actually made a difference in their (B&H) relationship (I wish!) then, he should have said that Bones revealing her feelings means that he wants to break up. I've asked a few men what would they have done, and they all said they wouldn't tell their girl friends.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ForeverAngel2Me

    ForeverAngel2Me

    [68]Jan 23, 2011
    • member since: 04/14/10
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 79


    OnePerCentClub wrote:


    Ratings updated...


    Pretty good numbers for Bones! Yes, there was a Grey's Anatomy repeat but still, Bones beat CSI in the demos (not in viewers, but we all know that doesn't really matter) and wonthe second half hour. Too bad for CSI though...


    As I predicted


    Let's see how it does next week.



    Geri08 wrote:


    I think it will do well next week too (even taking into account that people were disappointed with this one) because of the Theme...I think more people are excited about that one...



    penelope1985 wrote:


    Still haven't watched the episode but the ratings were huge. 11 million but there was no new episode of Grey's anatomy



    Hmmm! Well, honestly ... it's not that 'surprising' to hear the ratings climbed 'so incredibly' during this particular time. Personally, this isn't anything to get 'overly excited' about just yet, as it's NOT a 'sure thing' or a 'done deal' even with 'Bones' 'sudden boost' in ratings. To give an explanation, the reason is quite simple ... this was the 'first episode' returning after 'a longggg holiday break' from the regular season schedule. It was basically 'a guarantee' ... or say most 'certain' ... or even more like 'expected' ... that people would 'tune in and watch' ... (if not just to be 'hopeful' that things could 'turn around'... but more so, to wonder if HH, SN, and the writers, rethought where things are 'future-heading' with the show ... or was there any 'last-minute changes' that were done to fix more 'disappointing scenes/outcomes'... besides, also, to say the least, 'what exactly happened now' after that 'dropping-the-bomb' "confession" was revealed) So, there was absolutely 'no doubt' that 'Bones' ratings would actually 'skyrocket through the roof' higher than ever, after the longggg holiday break. Simply cuz many wanted to see if anything was going to change. Which, of course ... no, nothing did ... it was 'another disappointment' within the 'trainwreck' that's already happened.


    So, let's see if after this returning episode, if 'Bones' will continue to hold up 'stronger than ever' with their ratings, besides, being in this new time slot. My bet is 'not likely' ... especially, when you find that 'American Idol' had 26 million viewers 'tune in' for their 'premiere' last Wednesday night ... and the following night (on Thursday) ... their ratings fell down to 20 million. WOW! Talk about a declining hit! That was 6 million viewers LOST in one day ... and that was American Idol, mind you! But, even 'something else' to consider in all this, is Grey's Anatomy is in 'repeats' now until they return on Feb 3rd. So, let's see once the 'full picture' is completely back, on how Bones then 'holds up' with their ratings. As for CSI ... I'm still 'very happy' with that show. Their ratings were along the lines of 14.3 million viewers, and their demographics held the same at 3.1 ... so, there was 'nothing at all' to believe their show was failing. Although, I don't know why it is... but, there's something about when CSI and Grey's Anatomy go 'up against each other' ... as that's where the 'truth' lies. It's completely a different equasion. Maybe there's some kind of 'rivalry' between the 2 shows ... honestly, I don't know the answer! But, there is gonna be a 'fight to take over' for 'top spot' ratings, like usual. The competition of both CSI & Grey's do 'really well' with their weekly ratings, anyways! It's so amazing, how both shows stand the 'test of time' and remain permanently solid. So, with that said ... I wouldn't get 'too comfortable' with just seeing a single huge outcome 'all of a sudden' with 'Bones' ratings. Let's just wait & see what happens with their 'future' ratings. The sad truth is ...'Bones' hasn't even 'begun' to fight yet!


    Oh, and one last thing ... what about their Season 7 renewal that's currently in negotiations? Why is it 'taking sooooooooo long to hear of their renewal? Sorry, but that's another 'standstill' in itself, until there's a 'definite positive' on exactly where 'Bones' ends up 'on the ratings list' in the weeks ahead. Until then, I don't think there will be any 'announcements' about their renewal. Honestly, we're only going to be reading that they're still in negotiations! But, once that 'list' appears with the overall season's ratings ... BOOM!! ... It's either they will 'make it' or they will 'break it' ... and that's when we will hear if there's a 'Bones' renewal in place for future seasons.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of boothaddict

    boothaddict

    [69]Jan 23, 2011
    • member since: 05/08/08
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 445
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

    boothaddict wrote:
    Nat6386 wrote:
    MuteTroubadouR wrote:


    BarryWeen3 wrote:


    olivia56 wrote:


    I don't deny that I am not fond of the character Hannah, but only in that since they introduced her, the actual cases and stories have gotten uninteresting and rather boring, as have alot of the interactions, (or lack thereof), of the regular characters and squinterns.. I have limited time evenings for the TV, and pick shows which I find entertaining, waiting for a show to recoup itself is ok for a couple of episodes, but not for a season, or even half a season. There other shows



    You can do what my friend has done, she's gone over to Castle, which she calls Bones Lite.


    I agree with her assessment it's like a version of Bones but more comedic whereas Bones is more drama.


    So if you want some fun and are being bummed out about Bones, check out Castle. Hey it's got Nathan Fillion of Firefly fame (and Buffy).


    I also am enjoying Castle more than Bones nowadays, actually have been sinceCastle premiered.


    I'm with Been, Castle is currently where my trust lies. Mainly because they're is still fantasmic chemistry between Castle and Beckett. There's a desperation in the relationship that BB doesn't have anymore (imho). Also the writing in the current season is pretty strong and funny and moving, where Bones has dropped the ball. I don't think I have the strength to give up Bones, particularly when they are sniping people, lol, but I've lost some trust.


    In terms of this episode, the case wasalright.I followed along. But I still felt nauseated the entire episode with them pushing this Bren/Hannah bffing in our face so much. It's completely unrealistic and just all together squicky. I personally don't want to see it. It just doesn't make sense at all, other than the one reason HH has given us, which is "They are both strong and independent women." Yeah so what? That doesn't make them besties.



    Couldnt agree more!! at first when Castle came out I was like, WHAT?!? its just a version of bones but the other way round - like i would watch it when we have the real thing in Bones, but i watched one ep in between season 5 and 6 of bones and got hooked and am now up to date, and when bones aired and it did not live up to any expectations at ALL, Castle in re to tension and crime shows - is my drug of choice!!


    HANNAH NEEDS TO GO - it seems the writers are so focussed on bone-booth-hannah all being friends that they are neglecting the great cases, the way all the characters fuse together and ABOVE ALL the juicy, ever present, never satisfied tension between B&B, that lets face it, drew most of its viewers, that once made it a great show.... it now lacks ALL of that, even the most basic of acts between booth and bren, the constant of the show - drinking after a case - is now apparently open to anyone....


    If I continue watching this, IF it needs for juice, more tension - what a let down....


    Castle's a Bones copy.They follow any cue Bones sends their way,and anything that doesn't work for Bones,they don't do.Bones has taken a risk,and it's not paying off yet,so they won't do it.So if you prefer that,there's your reason.Come to think of it,as much as I've hated it so far,maybe introducing Hannah and putting her up against Brennan as an amazing woman,the ideal one for Booth,will only make BB stronger.The fact that he still chooses Brennan in the end,and we know he will,that means something.And the way he's studiously avoided her,even avoiding her eyes or her touch...he can't go on like that forever,and he knows it.That's why I think the elevator arc could be so good.In a four by four foot space,you can't avoid anything.If you don't like spoilers,I won't reveal any more of it here.The thing is,he loves her.I can't bring myself to watch the show until all is right in the Bones world again,but from what I got here,and from what I know of Booth,he must have told Hannah because he's afraid that now he knows he has the slightest chance with Brennan,he thinks he might take it.He won't be able to stop himself.Someone was saying he's already doing things like putting his hand on the small of her back and getting more emotional.Anyway,my point is,the show deserves better than a simple fairytale ending-they never do anything the normal way.We wouldn't love it otherwise. And I think calling it Bones lite is a being too nice-atleast Booth Lite is hot.And Fillon is probably made to sit down and watch acting tapes with Boreanaz on them,and he's not gorgeous,so it can't work.


    Doesn't matter if Castle is a Bones Copy, Bones, Castle, NCIS, etc. they're all variations of the basic procedural show blueprint. I love Castle, it's hilarious. Have since it first came out. And I'm a big Nathan Fillion fan, though that's due to him starring in Firefly mainly and also when he was in Slither.


    You don't like Castle, fine, your opinion. You don't have to knock Nathan Fillion, he's a good actor. As anyone who's seen him in Firefly can attest to.


    I get that your a big Booth fan, hence your username, and the fact that you had to knock Fillion by saying Boreanaz is better actor and handsomer. Whatever floats your boat. I still watchBones. Ijust happen to like Castle more than Bones now.


    Hey,your prerogative,man.I stand by what I say,and from what I've seen of both shows,it's true.And I also think the reason people prefer that show is because,like I said,it takes the easier path,but not the better one,and they can't afford to take the risks Bones does.In fact,it follows the Bones formula to an annoying degree,and any experiments that have been a little dangerous,it doesn't go for those.
    And I completely disagree with the parallels you drew with the other procedurals,the incredible thing about Bones is the character development,and it's the unique chemistry that sets it apart.Agreed,the procedural stuff is great,but that's not why most of us watch.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BarryWeen3

    BarryWeen3

    [70]Jan 23, 2011
    • member since: 09/28/05
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,145

    The opening scenes were the best. Sweets on the treadmill, his conversation with Booth, and whatever Booth did to his treadmill. But best of all was the shower scene after Hodgins snaked the vent and caused the drain to explode on Cam, Booth, and Brennan. Hilarious, especially when Bones just kept on talking like it was no big deal that all this muck was on the three of them.


    The case was okay, Mama Yue was funny. I liked the new Clark, as everything is reversed now. Used to be everybody else got under his nerves and freaked him out. Now he's open and is freaking everyone else out. Good for him.


    The Hodgins-Angela focus this episode was good, liked the end scene with them.


    Booth's "confession" to Hannah was very weird in tone. It was like "Brennan Likes Me, I used to like her, it's all in the past, I love you, let's move on." And Hannah is all "Okay". That was a weird conversation, almost a bit surreal in tone. What was even more surreal were the two scenes between Hannah and Brennan.


    When Booth and Brennan are in the presence of any of the other lab squints (intern of the week, Angela, Cam, or Hodgins), the conversations seem normal. When Booth, Brennan, and Hannah have conversations, it always seems off in tone, manner, or something.


    Next week's looks good. Looking forward to that one, should be better than this one.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of idlescribe

    idlescribe

    [71]Jan 23, 2011
    • member since: 04/12/09
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 110
    kazgirl80 wrote:

    i think Booth had to tell Hannah, that he was afraid not to.


    with the scene in the car playing over and over in his head, he must be struggling to remember why he and Bones are over.


    by telling Hannah, she'd his roadblock. she'll now be on the lookout for him slipping back into his old relationship with bones. and Hannah's 'friendship' with Bones is a way for Hannah to keep an eye on her.


    Booth is an honorable guy, but he's also broken.


    go back to the 100th ep. remember his face when he realises Bones is saying no.


    he looked so young, so hurt.


    Hannah is safe, everytihng is easy with her (too easy).


    Booth know Hannah is with him, there's no gamble with her, she's a sure thing.


    but the heart wants with it wants, and it's wanted Bones from the beginning.


    He's that Guy, remember.


    now, Booth needs to remember that too.


    Beautifully said, but there is an alternative explanation isn't there?

    What if, by telling her he simply wanted to stop feeling guilty for hiding something that could threaten his new relationship?
    He is moving on and wants what he has with Hannah to succeed, so he lays everything out there. It's a bit selfish, because it will inevitably lead to a confrontation between "friends" and somehow betrays Brennan's trust, but in a twisted way still honorable because his loyalties have shifted, this knight in shining armor has a new lady: Hannah...

    Note that the above is just my attempt to show that there is an alternative, somehow simpler explanation that doesn't involve a "cunning" Booth. But at this juncture, it is maybe safer to sit back and wait for the next episodes.

    Oh and about Hannah, I don't believe she is a sure thing. I doubt she is the type to stick around if she feels Booth has feelings for someone like Brennan. She might very well be the one breaking up the relationship. One understandable consequence of Booth opening up is that Hannah's sirens will now go blazing - whether she likes it or not, whenever Booth and Brennan are associated in a certain way. He better for example stop being overprotective of Brennan.

    But ultimately, you are right because whichever way we read what has happened, it doesn't bode well for Booth and Hannah. In my book of seeds of discord: 1. Hannah wouldn't want to have a baby; 2. Hannah is now aware of a potential 'formidable' threat too close to home for comfort...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ForeverAngel2Me

    ForeverAngel2Me

    [72]Jan 23, 2011
    • member since: 04/14/10
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 79

    OK, my take on this season, and this episode ... I've read alot of 'positive' and 'negative' responses on many forums. Although, more have been on the negative side, as alot of fans are just 'lost' with what HH is trying to 'tell' within his story. The last thing I read was how it is so impossible to 'guess' what has been 'mentioned' (without actually having a scene for it) on this show. Here's an example ... many feel as if Booth has told Hannah about his feelings he had for Brennan. (Episode 100, anyone?) Although, there was never an 'actual scene' of that conversation happening between Booth & Hannah. So, did Booth really tell Hannah about his supposedly 'past' feelings for Brennan... and if so, why did HH & Co. feel that wasn't 'important enough' to show fans a scene that IT HAPPENED ... that is, of course, if Booth did really tell Hannah. Who knows for sure? Really, I've seen how there's still currently a 'big debate' on another forum that's yet to be resolved on this subject.


    As for me ... I still have not been watching the show. I have 'come to the conclusion' that I'd rather keep reading about what's being done to this show, the characters, the cases ... and whatever else (until the show is cancelled or ends, whichever comes first.) Actually, for a further explanation ... it's difficult to watch anymore, because after 5 seasons of enjoying a show ... it's hard to see things become so 'disconnected' between the characters, let alone, the cases have also become entirely 'boring' and 'uninteresting' beyond realistic reason. There's no longer a sense of having to 'rack your brain' "so-to-speak" in trying to 'figure out' the 'who dunnit' within a case. It's become too easy and simple ... that even a 'child' can solve a case, before the hour is up. Because of this, I continue to 'stand my ground' on how I feel about this current season, and that is ... it has been nothing more than 'very disappointing' along with a massive letdown. Seriously, for those who can still watch, I give you 'tons' of credit. But, in terms of what HH, SN, and the writers, have displayed with 'the current direction' of the show ... well, all I can say to that is ... so many fans having 'negative responses' about it, can't be all wrong. Really, HH has led many to 'believe' his show has now been ruined, and without any signs of a 'recovery process' happening anytime soon ... besides, the actual feeling that all 'hope' is completely lost. There's no more B&B chemistry, there's no more exciting/interesting cases, there's no more interactions with all of the characters ... everything is just 'lost in translation' all along this dark, lonely, damp road that the show is currently riding on. Really, what else is there to think? I mean, who wants to watch a 'lost show' that's dying each week?



    Sorry to be so negative, people ... but if someone could explain to me what the 'actual benefits' have been in watching this 'doom and gloom' show this season ... and please don't say ... because it's an 'exciting journey', or it's a 'fun rollercoaster ride', or that you put your 'trust' (oh my ... you're kidding, right?) in HH's story ... because sorry, I'm not feeling any of the above. I'm looking for an 'explanation' (plain & simple) in WHY all this 'doom & gloom' is 'continually' happening ... and basically, I say 'doom & gloom" because each response I've read lately is about how 'negative' the story arc is ......'over and over and over' ... again and again and again. Nothing is hopeful anymore. Nothing is being told in a 'positive way' in the episodes. Season 6 seems like the 'worst' trainwreck ever with this show ... and exactly why is that so? I mean, why is it that everything has to be so-oooo 'doom & gloom' every week? Why can't there ever be anything positive? uplifting? promising? improving? I mean, why????? I'm reading how it's still the 'same old thing' happening since practically, near the season's start ... Hannah is still 'in the picture' ... Booth & Brennan are still distant ... Booth is still out of the lab ... Brennan is still not 'hanging out' with Booth ... Hannah is still taking all the time away from the rest of the characters (Cam, Angela, Hodgins) ... and, of course, one stands out with 'no rhyme or reason' at all ... which is ... Brennan is still BFF with Hannah? Oh yeah, that's realistic. And especially, this scene from this episode ... where spending part of a day with the changing of schedules ... and then, Brennan & Hannah had a discussion about Hannah 'finding out about Brennan and Seeley' ... and then, actually resolved "everything" within say, 2 minutes? Then, both of them went for 'drinks' that night without Booth? Oh yeah, and here's the 'kicker' ... Booth was 'waiting at home' because there was no sense in him being at the bar? Oh sure, why not? There was 'no tension' needed there, because everything is all 'fine & dandy' between Brennan & Hannah cuz they're BFFs! Ohhhhh, puhlezzzzze! Like I said, a 'trainwreck' of a show that's no longer 'waiting' to happen. Someone please give me some 'insight' or 'perception' into this last one, (B&H are 'BFFs') cuz I simply don't get 'why that is' at all. If I had to say something positive ... I'd say how I don't mind reading about Sweets interrogating suspects ... or hearing about Angela showing a 'baby bump' ... I'll bet it looks 'believable' on her, too ... and thank you, to whoever mentioned that Daisy has been MIA! ... Now, if only Hannah would 'do the same' and 'follow' Daisy's lead ... (Hey, there's a scene for ya, Hart! """Hannah's exit""" now, just work it, man ... work it!)



    Actually, I feel if HH would fix his show, instead of being more 'concerned' about that new spinoff (that, btw, no one wants to see, anyway) ... then, just maybe, 'Bones' would have 'better ratings' every single week. Although, that's not even 'promising' because of this season's disaster. The key is putting Booth & Brennan together! Geez ... even most fans can figure that one out. Why can't HH, SN and the writers 'picture it' and then 'write it' to make it happen?


    OK! It will happen, I know ... but still ...they are taking wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy toooooooooooooooooooooooooo longggggggggggggggggg in getting the ball rolling. And after 5 seasons, this 'continued waiting' is absolutely ridiculous!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thabeatles772

    thabeatles772

    [73]Jan 23, 2011
    • member since: 03/17/08
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,936
    I'm not gonna lie, I watched Bones because of BB not because of the cases, so the level of interest I have in a case isn't a big bother for me. I think they do a pretty great job for what they do, You can't always write a thrilling case.

    I laughed so much at the drain spraying up in their faces and brennan's line 'be careful not to swallow' lol and clarks bits were pretty funny but I definitely prefer the old Clark

    As for Hannah, Booth and Brennan (I hate that btw - that it's no longer BB but HBB ) I don't care that booth told Hannah, I did after seeing the ad because I thought he only told her about Brennan's feelings but when I heard him tell her about his *cough* old feelings too, I was so relieved. But yeah the whole what goes on between them thing doesn't really apply here. Although he might think he did the right thing because he only let on about the basics, Brennan has no idea how much or how little he divulged and that's sad considering it was because of his hurt feelings that she sees those things as sacred, and now she probably thinks he has no regard for her feelings at all. I didn't like the fact that Hannah took advantage of Brennan's naive trust in people and lack of common sense, even when confused that's not how a good friend would behave. It's also pretty disappointing how little interaction BB had, And even then booth never said a word directly to Brennan. I mean it's nice to see that Brennan isn't running for once, but it just seems like it's because she's been left with nothing to run from.

    oh and when sweets said maybe you still have feelings for Brennan to Booth he answered with one of those heaps sus no's that I for some reason always come out with when I try to lie. just sayin'.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of idlescribe

    idlescribe

    [74]Jan 23, 2011
    • member since: 04/12/09
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 110
    JustAnnW wrote:
    I still think it was wrong of Booth to tell Hannah, because Bones is very private and it was hard for her to even realise those feelings. Besides, I keep thinking how upset Booth got when bones told Hacker why he didn't like the meatloaf, and this is way bigger than meatloaf!
    Agreed!

    JustAnnW wrote:
    I don't think it would make him dishonest not to tell Hannah. I'm sure there's a lot she doesn't know. If he truly loves Hannah, than Bones feelings don't cause a threat so why bring it up. If what Bones said actually made a difference in their (B&H) relationship (I wish!) then, he should have said that Bones revealing her feelings means that he wants to break up. I've asked a few men what would they have done, and they all said they wouldn't tell their girl friends.

    I agreed above with Booth betraying Brennan's trust with his disclosure, but in his book, I think not doing it would have been dishonest.
    The difference between Brennan's move and whatever happened before he met Hannah is that this happened in the present, while he is trying to build a relationship with Hannah.
    My view is that Booth has always been yearning for a great relationship. He never thought he had it with Parker's mother or Cam. He "knew" he would have it with Brennan and now feels he may have a shot at it with Hannah.
    What happened is simply him siding with his "newfound" love to fight whatever stands between them and happiness. As honorable as he is, betrayal wasn't so hard here because in his new world order Hannah "should" be more important than Brennan.

    Once again the key here is to remember Booth is looking for a relationship he will put above all else. Given what Brennan might have meant to him, putting a lid on what she said would have made him uncomfortable with Hannah. I think I understand his choice, but by doing that, he might also have weakened the relationship he wanted so much to protect...

    About your poll, I would say it is not so easy to be a Booth.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thabeatles772

    thabeatles772

    [76]Jan 23, 2011
    • member since: 03/17/08
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,936

    ForeverAngel2Me wrote:
    I've read alot of 'positive' and 'negative' responses on many forums. The last thing I read was how it is so impossible to 'guess' what has been 'mentioned' (without actually having a scene for it) on this show. Here's an example ... many feel as if Booth has told Hannah about his feelings he had for Brennan. (Episode 100, anyone?) Although, there was never an 'actual scene' of that conversation happening between Booth & Hannah. So, did Booth really tell Hannah about his supposedly 'past' feelings for Brennan... and if so, why did HH & Co. feel that wasn't 'important enough' to show fans a scene that IT HAPPENED ... that is, of course, if Booth did really tell Hannah. Who knows for sure? Really, I've seen how there's still currently a 'big debate' on another forum that's yet to be resolved on this subject.
    We haven't seen Booth tell Hannah anything other than that Brennan "loved" him and that he felt something for her in the past PFFFFT. Before that Hannah only thought of them as "close" and after that didn't let on to knowing the whole deal, or even more than what we know she's been told. But who knows, I guess.

    LOL Mute you total creeper hahah ..You're right though, I am a wise one

    Edited on 01/23/2011 6:25am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Geri08

    Geri08

    [77]Jan 23, 2011
    • member since: 03/22/08
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 11,631
    ForeverAngel2Me wrote:
    Oh, and one last thing ... what about their Season 7 renewal that's currently in negotiations? Why is it 'taking sooooooooo long to hear of their renewal? Sorry, but that's another 'standstill' in itself, until there's a 'definite positive' on exactly where 'Bones' ends up 'on the ratings list' in the weeks ahead. Until then, I don't think there will be any 'announcements' about their renewal. Honestly, we're only going to be reading that they're still in negotiations! But, once that 'list' appears with the overall season's ratings ... BOOM!! ... It's either they will 'make it' or they will 'break it' ... and that's when we will hear if there's a 'Bones' renewal in place for future season.


    I do not think that there is any doubt whatsoever that Bones will be renewed...the only doubt maybe is whether it will be given the green light for one or two more seasons...Also the 'negotiations' were the same last time...Emily Deschanel is contracted for seven years...However, I think that DB is on his own yearly negotiations, which I would say have worked out better for him in the long run...Where he may not have got more money every year straight up as his role as Booth, I think he has negotiated to get more money through his producing (Emily too) and his directing more episodes...It went right down to the wire last time when eventually they were renewed for two more seasons...I think it will go right down to the wire again this time, but not because of 'ratings' either good or bad...more because of the negotiations that are ongoing!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ForeverAngel2Me

    ForeverAngel2Me

    [78]Jan 23, 2011
    • member since: 04/14/10
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 79

    ForeverAngel2Me wrote:
    I've read alot of 'positive' and 'negative' responses on many forums. The last thing I read was how it is so impossible to 'guess' what has been 'mentioned' (without actually having a scene for it) on this show. Here's an example ... many feel as if Booth has told Hannah about his feelings he had for Brennan. (Episode 100, anyone?) Although, there was never an 'actual scene' of that conversation happening between Booth & Hannah. So, did Booth really tell Hannah about his supposedly 'past' feelings for Brennan... and if so, why did HH & Co. feel that wasn't 'important enough' to show fans a scene that IT HAPPENED ... that is, of course, if Booth did really tell Hannah. Who knows for sure? Really, I've seen how there's still currently a 'big debate' on another forum that's yet to be resolved on this subject.



    thabeatles772 wrote:
    We haven't seen Booth tell Hannah anything other than that Brennan "loved" him and that he felt something for her in the past PFFFFT. Before that Hannah only thought of them as "close" and after that didn't let on to knowing the whole deal, or even more than what we know she's been told. But who knows, I guess.


    So, in other words ... it has never been 'made clear' from an actual scene? Well, that's exactly what I've read elsewhere ... it's the same 'confusion' being said with the story arc NOT being 'understood' at all. So, that must be why there's alot of 'comments' on how this season has been 'hard to watch' ... since it's a difficult story to follow, when it's not 'spelled out' at times, with what REALLY HAPPENED! It's like, 'to the point' where people have to 'guess' what's going on? Hmmm ... that's the same 'ongoing debate' in that other forum! But honestly, I shouldn't be completely 'surprised' about that debate ... I mean, I read this stuff, and sometimes I'm confused with it, too! Really, I just thought maybe there was 'proof' expressed in some other way ... even though, it wasn't ""come right out & said so"" in an actual scene ... (say through the media, an interview or article, HH himself, or whatever!) At least, then it would have been 'known for certain' if Booth DID indeed tell Hannah his feelings for Brennan! Although, since you're ending your response with '"But who knows, I guess'" ... then, I take it, you aren't 'very sure' if anything else has been 'put out there' either! Suddenly I'm not wondering why there's an 'ongoing debate' in another forum on this subject ... cuz it really seems it's hard to make 'heads or tails' on 'parts' in HH's story. Yeah, that's real inspiring to know ... kinda like, it's the same that say alot of the story arc 'doesn't fit' or 'make sense'. Actually, what would be 'inspiring' ... is if this show could get out from behind that 'eight ball'... and 'revamp itself' back into a GREAT SHOW again! IMO, maybe there would be many people (myself included) that would be willing to watch the show again, if ONLY that would happen! Oh well, for now ... I guess I should be glad I can 'at least' continue to 'stomach' reading the comments ... no matter how 'mixed feelings' they have become!


    thabeatles772 wrote:
    LOL Mute you total creeper hahah ..You're right though, I am a wise one


    Well, considering that my paragraph above was originally my own post, and not quoted by anyone else ... then would you care to tell me just exactly when I called myself a total creeper, or said that you were a wise one? Cuz, I never implied 'whatever point' you're trying to make with your post. So, I would appreciate an explanation what you meant by it!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ForeverAngel2Me

    ForeverAngel2Me

    [79]Jan 23, 2011
    • member since: 04/14/10
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 79

    ForeverAngel2Me wrote:
    Oh, and one last thing ... what about their Season 7 renewal that's currently in negotiations? Why is it 'taking sooooooooo long to hear of their renewal? Sorry, but that's another 'standstill' in itself, until there's a 'definite positive' on exactly where 'Bones' ends up 'on the ratings list' in the weeks ahead. Until then, I don't think there will be any 'announcements' about their renewal. Honestly, we're only going to be reading that they're still in negotiations! But, once that 'list' appears with the overall season's ratings ... BOOM!! ... It's either they will 'make it' or they will 'break it' ... and that's when we will hear if there's a 'Bones' renewal in place for future season.


    Geri08 wrote:
    I do not think that there is any doubt whatsoever that Bones will be renewed...the only doubt maybe is whether it will be given the green light for one or two more seasons...Also the 'negotiations' were the same last time...Emily Deschanel is contracted for seven years...However, I think that DB is on his own yearly negotiations, which I would say have worked out better for him in the long run...Where he may not have got more money every year straight up as his role as Booth, I think he has negotiated to get more money through his producing (Emily too) and his directing more episodes...It went right down to the wire last time when eventually they were renewed for two more seasons...I think it will go right down to the wire again this time, but not because of 'ratings' either good or bad...more because of the negotiations that are ongoing!



    Oh, I'm not saying 'Bones' can't get renewed either! And as much as 'the ratings' are a 'big part' in making the 'overall decision' ... sometimes, it might not always be the case in point! Although, I believe it really is about 'their ratings' this time ! Here's why ... the thing is from past news, Boreanaz and Deschanel have never been 'overly' "money-hungry" with their contracts ... at least, not what I've read about their received incomes & salaries, they're not! So, I would think that these 'negotiations' have something to do with HOW the show's progress is going, (which is where the ratings 'climbing or declining' comes into the picture) ... besides, also maybe wanting to know exactly when will they 'wrap up' the story, which would put the series at a final ending! Honestly, Fox is more about how much time is it gonna take? ... and also about 'Reality Shows' ... so, it's not too 'surprising' to think they might be 'giving an ultimatum' on how much longer 'Bones' could run. But, even if that was the case ... one, or two more seasons isn't 'that much' to ask for, IMO. So, I'm feeling it's all about their 'nosedive' ratings lately ... cuz, it sure isn't HH or SN creating 'static'! (Seriously, we all know they want the renewal ... LOL!) So, exactly what else would hold up the negotiations? ... Believe it, it IS their ratings ... Fox is (in advance) concerned what the rest of 'Bones' season will show with the 'numbers'... so the negotiating regarding just 'how many more seasons' is likely, is being 'held up' because of the 'uncertainty' if the ratings will 'climb' again, or if they will start to 'decline'!... Really, I would want Fox 'taking their time' and 'being sure' of the renewal (even though, it is taking quite sometime ... but again, that's because of the show's uncertainty) ... I mean, what if they 'hurried along' with their negotiations, and were wrong to renew? Would we then want to see this show get cancelled? ... Not really! Since that would leave a 'lasting impression' wouldn't it? ... Obviously, they want to be sure about this renewal! ... Just saying!



    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.