Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Discussion - 6x11 - The bullet in the brain

penelope1985

[1]Jan 26, 2011
    • level: 21

Major episode. Discuss!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Geri08

[2]Jan 26, 2011
    • level: 31
    Really looking forward to this one...it looks like it's going to be a good one...The first of the sniper arc! And of course DB directing!

grissomsidle

[4]Jan 26, 2011
    • level: 17
    I can't wait for this episode I think it shall be made of awesome and lots of win.

Hirundine

[5]Jan 27, 2011
    • level: 26
    Is Booth like, the only FBI agent?

ArTiStAnDbUgGuY

[6]Jan 27, 2011
    • level: 5
    OMG!! AWESOME EPISODE!! Okay, first, love the way they showed the Gravediggers death. I had to watch her head explode in slow motion it was so awesomely disgustingly horrible! Second, Caroline moved to a whole new level of most amazing person when she called Taffet a bi*ch and opened up to Sweets. The body in the tub was awful and it had to have smelled absolutely retched for Brennan to cover her mouth and run out of the room. I didn't see the whole Kent hiring a hit man thing coming, that surprised me. My last thought, loved Angela and Hodgins, I always do and I thought there conversation in the car was cute and sweet.
    Overall one of, in my opinion, the best episodes of Bones, as are all the Gravedigger episodes. So, although I was glad to see Taffet killed off, I will kind of miss her and the drama she brings to the Jeffersonian.

bonebooth

[7]Jan 27, 2011
    • level: 5

I was happy to see Booth acting nicer to Brennan, and Brennan more intelligent. Caroline was great, I always do love her. didn't expect her expressive language about the gravedigger, pretty good! Nice that she helped Sweets out, shows her to be more caring than she likes to let on.

I'll have to watch it again, but, in the beginning I thought the gravedigger was hinting to Sweets that she didn't act alone. Did anyone else get that sense? I know she was trying to mess with his head a lot, about him being the weak link and all, but I just thought she mentioned there was someone else. I'll have to watch it again.

Loved the ending. Booth was giving Brennan such a sweet look, almost like he cared about her again. Then Booth watched through the blinds as Brennan was saying goodbye to her dad & getting the conch shell. I thought the looks he was giving her were great, gives me some hope!

The preview to next week looks good too. Booth is starting to look a little more Boothy to me! I hope he doesn't ruin it by proposing to Hannah! ( but it looks like he will, according to the spoilers I've seen ).

sandbur

[8]Jan 27, 2011
    • level: 25

On eof the best of the entire series. David Boreanaz did a fabulous job in the directors seat as well as turning in a great performance. "Sweets" and "Caroline" were great too, and I can't help but feel that Max was somehow involved after all...

Chelle1982

[9]Jan 27, 2011
    • level: 3

OMG what a fantastic episode!! Congrats HH and SN - you finally pulled one off! This episode had my attention from the beginning to the end and I loved the twist with Kent being involved! I really thought they had cleared him at the beginning! Loved it loved it loved it!! I hope this is truly the start of a whole lot of great episodes! Kudos to DB - he kicked major booty in this episode! Both in acting and producing! I'm just so excited that the whole group finally seemed more pre season 6!

Oh and one of my absolute favorite parts - NO HANNAH!! WOOT! And only one mention even - but not by Booth!! *happy dance*

Edited on 01/27/2011 8:51pm

Libra1010

[11]Jan 27, 2011
    • level: 6

For the first time in a long time I don't feel depressed after an episode of Bones. And Brennan is adorable and I love her. The end.

grissomsidle

[12]Jan 27, 2011
    • level: 17
    Like I said before it aired made of awesome and win. Loved it and loved it some more. Yes, the end scene was just fantaboulistic (or you know something like that. I loved how you described Booth's looks as squishy Mute. They were that. I could tell that the whole time she was out there with her dad, Booth was watching her doing that Boothy thing.I mean it was so obvious.

Awesome and win, ladies and gentlemen. Made of awesome and win.

BarryWeen3

[13]Jan 27, 2011
    • level: 14

I'll echo the sentiment, this actually is the first 6th season episode that actually had the vibe of being a Bones episode reminiscent of what had gone on before all the strangeness and estrangement of this season.

Yeah Max, Yeah Caroline.

DB did a great job directing. What's with Booth getting blown up? Again!! Isn't this like the third or fourth time? The first one was him protecting Bones at her apartment and the refigerator blows up, both him and Bones in the car being blown up by the Gormogan Apprentice, Booth was present when the guy robbed a bank in a Santa suit and the guy exploded, and now this situation. Am I missing any other ones?

Hodgins glee at the Gravedigger's death was funny, I didn't understand why Angela felt that Hodgins' reaction was wrong, he's explained to her how horrorific the experience of being buried alive was to her, so she should understand why he's glad the Gravedigger died, but it sounded like she was chastising him for feeling that way.

So the anti-Brennan is dead, bring on the anti-Booth.

Chloe88Bones

[14]Jan 28, 2011
    OMG what an amazing episode!
    Felt like the bones i know and love! someone mentioned it before but i think it was because hannah wasnt in it! Overall, loved sweets...just wanna give him a hug...loved the bb ending...loved max...loved caroline...oh hell i loved at all! Cant wait for next week!

amyhj23

[15]Jan 28, 2011
    • level: 4

Absolutely loved it. Gripped me from beginning to end, and like a lot of people have been saying, it definetely felt like the old Bones. Fingers crossed it keeps getting better from here! The end of the episode in particular was intense with the explosion etc. I hadn't seen Vosloo in anything before but he makes an excellent villain. Also, I don't know if it was just me but I was getting serious Angel vibes when Booth was looking at Brennan through the window at the end. He definetely had the whole dark and brooding thing! I loved him looking at her like that again, and the regret was obvious in his eyes. Yessssss! Promo for next week looks awesome too!

Tirill

[16]Jan 28, 2011

AWESOME!! I have no other word for what I think of this episode. I loved every single moment of it.

I´ve always liked Caroline, but in this episode I just loved her. How great was she in the office talking to Sweets?! Brilliant. And when the gravedigger got her head blown of I wanted to stand opp and clap my hands.

I also enjoyed seeing Max again. The episodes he appears in seems bright and a little funny somehow. Really like him

The best episode of Bones so far this season.

Geri08

[17]Jan 28, 2011

Great episode...really enjoyed this one...Definitely had a feel of Bones past and loved the moments we got between BB...extra special...

The scene where Heather Taffet was shot was...wow! I actually hate watching something like that under normal circumstances, but the fact that it was done from a distance was alright and the closeups of her lying there without her head were alright! Could stomach that!...I was actually dreading the scene thinking we were going to get it closeup! Had to feel so so sorry for Sweets throughout! The turmoil he was under...how he kept playing the recording over and over again, which of course was doing nothing for his peace of mind...how he pulled the chair to his computer out to sit on rather than the couch...more theraputic aspect to that, like he was trying to 'shrink' himself...although I got more a feeling of despair with him...I actually thought at one stage that he was capable of doing harm to himself, especially that scene in the car before Hodgins knocks on the window...Thank God for Caroline! She was the only one who knew how badly he was affected (I know Booth did, but he was not doing anything positive about it)...Caroline knew and she did something...Her speach to Sweets in his office was amazing...So candid and so raw! Just what Sweets needed to hear (memories of Bones telling him about being locked in the boot of the car in Mayhem)...he seems to draw strength from hearing that other people had 'struggles', traumas and 'fears' just like him!...Just love when Booth asked him what had happened to him when he saw the change in him: 'Caroline hollered at me'...just loved the smile between the pair...Booth understood!

Could understand Hodgins reaction and how he was throughout...Could understand how that might upset Ange too...Wendell and Cam were just 'there' this week! Could understand Kent! Losing his sons like he had (twice: both when they were kidnapped and when they were found) would have messed with his psyche alot! Like Hodgins, he felt no sympathy for this killer and that was alright!...

Loved Max! Love how he was disappointed that BB were not together...How he spoke to Bones about it and how she said that she did not want to talk about it...Max, ever the diplomat, picked up on why! Love how he is not taking any of this out on Booth...I thought that he would be angry with him, but I think he gets Booth and I think he knows the undercurrents are still very much there...Love how he gave Bones the conch shell...So so loved, the two toothbrush holders! Could not help (no I could not) but think of the two toothbrushes that 'should' and 'will be' in there! Oh Max!!! Darling Max!!!

And finally onto BB...They might not be 'back yet baby' but they are on their way with looks and undercurrent like this...Just loved the looks in the diner at the end between the pair and the ones that Booth was tossing her way when she was outside listening to the Conch Shell and smiling...There was such sadness there...I got a feeling more of what Booth felt he was missing and what he had lost (what he was giving up wanting to move on) at this stage...I got the feeling that Bones is on his mind 24/7 right now...

Quotes I liked:

Caroline: 'We have a Shrink over here who needs to be shrunk and a headless child killler in a puddle of brains'...

Bones: 'Now your picking locks'...(It was like, 'something else that's changed about you')

Caroline: 'Dr. Brennan has her (Taffets) head all rigged up, spinning like a Christmas tree'...

Booth: 'I don't need a warrant, this land belongs to Seeley Booth'...

and

Booth: (at the end scene in the diner) 'I did not want to let anyone 'down' or 'die' (can someone tell me which word he used here please)...Because I loved the look he gave Bones when he said that...

thabeatles772

[18]Jan 28, 2011
    • level: 18
    I'm not joking, I think the best part of the whole episode was Caroline in Sweets' office. It was just meaningful and unexpected and really really sweet. I loved getting a glimpse of that side of her.

Anyways yeah agree with everyone - It was all great, loved it all..Max, action, Max, Max, Sweets, death to The Gravedigger, but yeah obviously most of all the BB goodness. Mainly the look Booth gave to Brennan when he said he didn't want to let anyone down. sdhgjscwedi

oh and poor Sweets. Torturing himself with that recording. Thank goodness for Caroline

thabeatles772

[19]Jan 28, 2011
    • level: 18

lol Sorry Geri, everything I wrote is basically just repeating stuffyou said hahahah

Edited on 01/28/2011 7:06am

Geri08

[20]Jan 28, 2011
    thabeatles772 wrote:

lol Sorry Geri, everything I wrote is basically just repeating stuffyou said hahahah

Thanks for the answer to my question B...