Official Discussion - 6x12 - The sin in the sisterhood

JustAnnW

[41]Feb 4, 2011
    • level: 5

olivia56 wrote:

It's a very odd sort of ring to be choosing for Hannah.... not from a jewelery store, but rather it's an antique piece.... it just did not strike me as something that would appeal to that character....

Maybe it belonged to his mom or grandmother and he was having it cleaned or resized. If he is buying it not inheriting it, it would be tacky to buy it for one woman and then give it to another. If he buys a ring for h he should return it and later buy a different one for bones. Of course we don't really know what's going on until next week. Waiting very frustrating! Where's the bullestics testing chamber???

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BarryWeen3

[42]Feb 4, 2011
    • level: 14

Okay, now that I've seen the car scene, I agree, beyond awkward. That scene was so forced and fake. It would have been just fine if they stopped after the first time Bones laughed. That would have been great and made for a good BB moment, but to continue as long as they did and the laughs becoming more and more faked and forced, it became a farce.

The opening periscope scene was fun but the scene that takes the cake is Brennan with Wendell, when Brennan demonstrates the victim's "repetitive motions" to Wendell. Also Cam blowing off steam shooting the guns was funny.

I liked the scenes and dialogue between Wendell and Hodgins throughout this episode. More and more I think Wendell will be the squintern in the crosshairs of the sniper as him being either shot or killed will affect the group the most. Daisy only really matters to Sweets and the other squinterns are more or less out of the picture. Wendell out of all the squinterns makes the most sense as a possibility of the recurring character that gets hit by the sniper.

So both Booth and Brennan considered the victim an idiot for what he did, three wives and an affair. Just reinforces the notion that men are idiots or as Bill Engvall puts it: "Do you know why dogs are man's best friend? Because men want someone dumber than they are, so do women, that's why they have men."

JustAnnW

[43]Feb 4, 2011
    • level: 5

Geri08 wrote:

JustAnnW wrote:

But when I saw the preview I got depressed. How can he say things like that to her ("he's not going anywhere) and the next day (week, whatever) buy a ring for H?! I know they won't actually get married, but how can he even still think he wants to ask her when he's telling Bones (he had to know she was referring to him) "he's not going anywhere" ???!!!

I know...That is the one bit that does not make any sense...My guess is...

***SPOILER***

< Geri I can always count on you to see the bright side and cheer me.up!

ForeverAngel2Me

[44]Feb 5, 2011
    • level: 3

OnePerCentClub wrote:
    Here we go again *sighs* First of all, you have to understand. Viewers? Don't matter. Are we clear? Okay... next step.

So yes OUCH!!! for CSI for losing so many viewers compared with other seasons.

Yes, agree! OUCH! ... as I thought 'viewers' didn't matter! ... *smile*

OnePerCentClub wrote:
    CSI used to have 4.0 in the 18-49 demos and more than 18 million viewers, even 20 million sometimes. So since when 3.1 is normal for CSI? Its ratings have been declining over the last 2 years. But if you're talking about this season, yes CSI's numbers have been within the 3. something and it's been "steady".

In all fairness ... CSI has 11 seasons 'under their belt'. Plus, I could 'go on' and add it's 'spinoff counterparts' of 'Miami' and 'NY' ... as 'Miami' has 9 seasons, and 'NY' has 7 seasons. If I 'look closely' to compare ... I could rank 'Bones' and 'CSI:NY' together, as they are 'closer' with their actual 'number' of seasons. Although, 'Bones' has 'one season less' than 'NY' currently has! Anyways, 'another point' ... when 'Bones' is so-ooooo successful to hit 9 or 11 seasons ... then we'll see WHERE they're at with 'the numbers'! Why? Because 'good demos', 'good viewership', 'good ratings', whatever ... I GUARANTEE 'Bones' will NOT hit 'those numbers' of seasons! Hmmm ... suddenly, 11 seasons 'definitely' says something about CSI, in my opinion. So, glad to hear 'viewers' don't matter, and 'demos' do! As since CSI "HOLDS STEADY" at 'their current norm' of 3.1 in demos (instead of their former 4.0 in demos) and they STILL 'get renewed' each year ... or 'more so' have 11 seasons to 'show' for themselves! Wow, actually, 'CSI' continues to 'hold strong' because of their viewership, regardless of the 'demos'. HURRAY! That's GOOD NEWS!!!! And one more thing ... they are NOT doing as BAD as you think, either! *hence11seasons*

OnePerCentClub wrote:
    Bones is in my opinion, in the time slot with more competition of the week. So who cares if Grey's took the number 1 spot? Bones did second and beat CSI. I would've been worried if Bones had been 3rd place.

Just was saying that ''''I KNEW'''' it would be 'CSI' or 'Grey's Anatomy' that would take the TOP SPOT! It is 'pretty much' a definite, that 'Bones' will never HAVE A CHANCE in 'getting there' with the way the current storyline is going. Those 'improvements' need to hurry up!

OnePerCentClub wrote:
    And Bones will survive... if writing is improving. And yes, it will be renewed too, so please stop worrying!

Never had 'any doubt' that 'Bones' could get renewed ... just like, I ''guarantee for a fact'' that 'CSI' and it's spinoffs, will 'get renewed' too! As for 'Grey's Anatomy'?? Early Congrats to them! ... as they're ALREADY noted for 'another pickup' in the 2011-12 season!

BarryWeen3

[45]Feb 5, 2011
    • level: 14

Actually if you're talking about the 18-49 demo, Bones took third behind Grey's Anatomy and The Office for the 9PM slot and if you're talking about for the night, then Bones was 5th. And yes in the 18-49 demo, CSI was behind Bones, but it's very rare that I've seen CSI win that demo or that I can recall.

For the night, overall viewership was of course won by American Idol. In fact the two FOX shows, AI first and Bones fifth sandwiched the three CBS shows in between, The Mentalist, The Big Bang Theory, and CSI.

Of course, do these ratings actually show the complete picture of people who watch shows on DVRs and TiVo playback or the online viewers?

I have friends that watch all these shows but not on conventional TV anymore because of their schedules or other things going on in their lives.

I think the Nielsen ratings are becoming an outdated means of measuring actuall viewership because of all the technology changes allowing for different ways to view shows.

thabeatles772

[46]Feb 5, 2011
    • level: 18
    JustAnnW wrote:

olivia56 wrote:

It's a very odd sort of ring to be choosing for Hannah.... not from a jewelery store, but rather it's an antique piece.... it just did not strike me as something that would appeal to that character....

Maybe it belonged to his mom or grandmother and he was having it cleaned or resized. If he is buying it not inheriting it, it would be tacky to buy it for one woman and then give it to another. If he buys a ring for h he should return it and later buy a different one for bones. Of course we don't really know what's going on until next week. Waiting very frustrating! Where's the bullestics testing chamber???

In the promo the ring he was looking at had a tag hanging on it and he said "I'm picking out the ring tomorrow". But yes, should defs return it when he doesn't use it!

Geri08

[47]Feb 5, 2011
    • level: 31
    thabeatles772 wrote:
    JustAnnW wrote:

olivia56 wrote:

In the promo the ring he was looking at had a tag hanging on it and he said "I'm picking out the ring tomorrow". But yes, should defs return it when he doesn't use it!

Even if he looked at it and thought of Bones, rather than Hannah!!???

IsabelleProvenc

[48]Feb 5, 2011
    • level: 2

Chelle1982 wrote:

IsabelleProvenc wrote:
    I didn't get to se the preview I record it at the wrong chanel. Can any one tell me where I can see the preview?. It was a great episode they were back at working together again. And that stare at the end was very nice.

Try this site!

http://bonesspoilers.blogspot.com/

Thank you soooooooooooooooo much !!! It was very nice of you

sandbur

[49]Feb 5, 2011
    • level: 25

It had its moments, but I felt it was a let down after last week's stellar offering.

blue_fish24

[50]Feb 5, 2011
    I enjoyed the episode as a whole, but I was thoroughly confused as to why it was set in this time of year. Corn fields don't actually look that way in January! But the episode itself was enjoyable. Next week's looks very interesting!

Geri08

[51]Feb 6, 2011
    blue_fish24 wrote:
    I enjoyed the episode as a whole, but I was thoroughly confused as to why it was set in this time of year. Corn fields don't actually look that way in January! But the episode itself was enjoyable. Next week's looks very interesting!

You know, I did not actually notice that, but it is so true...Wrong time of year...

penelope1985

[52]Feb 6, 2011
    • level: 21
    http://fiery-twilight.livejournal.com/323355.html#cutid1

SQUEEGIF CAP

Geri08

[53]Feb 6, 2011
    penelope1985 wrote:

SQUEEGIF CAP

Thanks Penelope...that was great as usual...

grissomsidle

[54]Feb 6, 2011
    • level: 17
    Geri08 wrote:
    penelope1985 wrote:

SQUEEGIF CAP

Thanks Penelope...that was great as usual...

I loved that. It was great .

reb124

[55]Feb 6, 2011
    • level: 2

I was annoyed with the embedded Toyota Prius promotion right in the middle of the episode. The focus on the Toyota logo and Bones going on about the navigation system features. Of course, it was immediately followed by a regular TV ad for Toyota. This trend towards more blatant product placement in the shows diminishes the integrity of the program.

Hirundine

[56]Feb 7, 2011
    • level: 26
    blue_fish24 wrote:

But stubble would've been *so* much less dramatic.

blue_fish24

[57]Feb 7, 2011
    Hirundine wrote:
    blue_fish24 wrote:

But stubble would've been *so* much less dramatic.

Yes, we would have missed them getting lost, and the periscope moment. So I can be happy with the trade-off.

danharr

[58]Feb 15, 2011
    • level: 45

Not a bad episode the case was fun loved showing the bias of law enforcement judging the victims which is what they do and why the legal system is so screwed up. Got tired of Cams sex rage really setting up your own ballistics lab to relieve stress one for the teeny boppers I guess and all that just to give same said boppers a B/B moment well at least some of you were pleased.