Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Discussion - 6x14 - The bikini in the soup

penelope1985

[1]Feb 16, 2011
    • level: 21

New episode. Major episode. Discuss!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Geri08

[2]Feb 16, 2011
    • level: 31
    penelope1985 wrote:

Looking forward to this one...Where have you been this past week Lady Penelope...What did you think of the last episode?

penelope1985

[3]Feb 16, 2011
    Geri08 wrote:
    penelope1985 wrote:

Looking forward to this one...Where have you been this past week Lady Penelope...What did you think of the last episode?

I;m still buffled over the last scene to tell you the truth... I thought it was weird at best... and I was like "Speak up Brennan"

Geri08

[4]Feb 16, 2011
    penelope1985 wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    penelope1985 wrote:

I;m still buffled over the last scene to tell you the truth... I thought it was weird at best... and I was like "Speak up Brennan"

What do you think she should have said when she spoke up? I suppose we should take this over to the episode thread if you are replying...He was very drunk, he was talking (which was good) and she being his friend was listening...If you were her, what would you have said?

grissomsidle

[5]Feb 17, 2011
    • level: 17
    I am looking forward to this episode. Hopefully, some laughing and minimal angst. I am done with the serious stuff for a bit. I am mean there's been so much this season it seems like. Actually, I suppose it's been rather angsty because every time I had to watch a Booth and Hannah moment that was all happy I got sad and cried a bit. It was heartcrushing. Anyway, bring on some light and fun please.

charmed4eva112

[6]Feb 17, 2011
    • level: 20
    Unfortunately I will have to skip this episode because of an overload of homework, but I'll definately watch it online tomorrow. But I'll probably be lurking on here after the episode airs to find out how good or bad it was.

Hirundine

[7]Feb 17, 2011
    • level: 26
    Ah, they remembered she can act.

Also, y'all have way too much enthusiasm about shooting things, guys.

JustAnnW

[8]Feb 17, 2011
    • level: 5

Noticed how bones got lots of offers, turned them all down. Think she's thinking booth is single now, so she doesnt want to date any other guy? Shed rather be available to hang out with booth. Loved her borrowing the 1920s machine guns! How are we going to wait 3 weeks??

little_magelly

[9]Feb 17, 2011
    • level: 23
    Why do we have to wait 3 weeks?

penelope1985

[10]Feb 17, 2011
    little_magelly wrote:

Hiatus!

thabeatles772

[11]Feb 17, 2011
    • level: 18

Aw Cams snap at Brennan was heaps mean, I felt so sorry for her. Clearly Brennan could have a guy, if she wanted, with all those offers she got.

I lol'd when Brennan was praising her acting and then was like I lied about the DNA too hahah.. Everything in between was okay. Nothing amazing, but still enjoyable to watch.
    Hodgins' slime mold that smelled of roses was really sweet. The dim glow of the room before we saw it made me think of the 'Be My Love' shrimp haha

I was hoping that Booth would take Angela's advice and ask Brennan to the firing range, but meh, I guess it was still cute the way it played out..

Edited on 02/17/2011 10:37pm

BarryWeen3

[12]Feb 17, 2011
    • level: 14

penelope1985 wrote:
    little_magelly wrote:
    Hiatus!

You would think it would make more sense to have the hiatus during March Madness.

BarryWeen3

[13]Feb 17, 2011
    • level: 14

thabeatles772 wrote:

Aw Cams snap at Brennan was heaps mean, I felt so sorry for her. Clearly Brennan could have a guy, if she wanted, with all those offers she got.

I lol'd when Brennan was praising her acting and then was like I lied about the DNA too hahah.. Everything in between was okay. Nothing amazing, but still enjoyable to watch.
    Hodgins' slime mold that smelled of roses was really sweet. The dim glow of the room before we saw it made me think of the 'Be My Love' shrimp haha

I was hoping that Booth would take Angela's advice and ask Brennan to the firing range, but meh, I guess it was still cute the way it played out..

I also thought at first that Hodgins' gift was going to be something involving the fluorescent material he used with the shrimp. His slime mold was still a great gift. Hodgins and Angela were the only couple that didn't annoy me in the episode.

Cam was annoying throughout the episode rushing everybody. Seriously, yourValentine's Day celebration is more important than a person's death? I know it was suppose to make it funny that she was rushing everybody to finish, I found it annoying instead and unprofessional. What if her hurrying people along caused a mistake?

Sweets wasinsensitive, talking toBooth about his celebration with Daisy when he knows Booth just ended things withHannah. Really?Supposedly he should know better being apsychologist.

Clark was okay, he gavegood advice to Hodgins, and their little competitionwith each other in order to keep Cam at bay was a bit reminiscent ofZach and Hodgins. But I really could have done with out the Chippendale routine at the end.

Brennan got what 5 or 6 calls throughout the day? That bit was funny. In her own way without actually saying it out loud, here was Brennan saying to Booth I want to be with you on Valentine's Day. Her turning down the dates, agreeing with Booth it was a stupid holiday, happy when Booth asked her to help with the confession, and of course, the shooting range scene. We have a reversal here now with Brennan taking the initiatives and trying to draw Booth out of his shell.

As the sniper returns in 3 weeks has Booth questioning his own worth again, we see from the previews that Brennan is going to have to convice him otherwise.

grissomsidle

[14]Feb 18, 2011
    • level: 17

Two of those weeks are thanks to American Idol. They are taking over Bones spot I believe next week and the week after. *glares at FOX*

I completely enjoyed this episode. It was exactly what I needed. Funny, minimal angst (and I do angst people), and some cuteness and more funny. Entertained by Bones turning down all the guys. Loved Angela smacking Hodgins upside the back of his head. I actually am starting to like Clark more. He really was kind of irritating/annoying for me before more so than Daisy. She's grown on me. Anyway, he kind of irritated me with his whole "It must be completely professional around here" attitude. Last time he was still a tad irritating but this episode he was even less so.

The end scene with Booth and Bones entertaining. "Happy Valentine's Day Massacre, Booth" Awwww...isn't that sweet? Oh and have I said that Bones is made of awesome and win. She really is. She rocked it this episode. Oh and may I say, "Bones," and later "Bones" "Bones" "Bones" and more "Bones" from Booth. Bones, Bones, Bones, Bones Bones, Bones. Welcome back.

Ugh, three weeks and no new Bones . *glares at FOX*

Edited on 02/18/2011 12:30am

Geri08

[15]Feb 18, 2011

Bones Recap...Marisa Roffman (GMMR)...

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2011/02/18/bones-recap-the-bikini-in-the-soup/

Geri08

[16]Feb 18, 2011

I have to say I really enjoyed this episode...I really felt we had our BB back this week! First things first...Was that 'Cocky' I saw? Anyone else see him? Secondly kudos to Ian Toynton on his directing...excellent!

I will be like Booth and get the bad news out first...What I did not like...Cam...She really, really annoyed me in this, rushing everyone...I mean, are we supposed to take it that they can solve every murder in eight hours from now on just so Cam can have her date? Not professional Cam! Was surprised that Bones did not take her up on that...And another reason not to like Cam in this one...When Bones does say something to her about her feeling the need, at her age to look on all males as potenial mates...Cam replies 'I am not that much older than you and I have someone'...Could have hit her for putting that look on my Bones' face! I know she was sorry, but....Also speaking of the rushing of this case...where has the respect and sympathy gone for the victim these days? Sorry, have to put Sweets in this category too...I blame him for all this angst going on at the moment between our BB...I know, in the greater scheme of things, he needed to get the ball rolling for change...but sometimes I want to strangle him...He can stuff his daisies....well I think you know what I mean...

Ok...what I did like...I have always loved Jack...his character is one that has really grown with the show...I loved him in this one too...How the poor guy wanted to give Ange a really loving Valentine's Day...Good job he could afford those gifts that he had bought her and were not suitable in the end...although he can give her the 'tear' at a later time! I thought his gift to her at the end there was just so so romantic...To name a rose for her! Not many people could do that! And it had all the more significance considering who Jack is on so many levels...This is summed up when Ange says 'You made this for me'...Aww! Loved it...

Loved Clark throughout...I prefer him like this...He is definitely coming out of his shell...And it was good to see Nora again...I like her and they are well suited...She was right when she told Ange in DitD...'Dynamite, he's a briefcase bomb'...Lol! Have to say I liked Paul in this too...They can not do much with his character but he comes across as very nice with a good sense of humour too...Was waiting for someone to walk by when they had their eyes closed! Lol!...Really liked the personal assistant, Darren too...

Loved BB of course...I really felt that they were more themselves here...Booth, with that look when she got a call from a prospective date...and the 'Mom' reference...had to love how he reacted to that...They were more like our old BB but still a bit guarded around each other...Love how Bones turned down Douglas, Scott and Jean Paul...And the final scene, I really liked...Booth getting annoyed with her at first for giving him a present until he saw what she had and how she explained...I got the feeling that Booth was thinking here that when he thinks he knows this woman he realises that she will always surprise (dazzle) him...although him shooting a love heart just before she came in really shows just what state his own heart is in at the moment and how he is feeling...I hope that that does not put a cog in the all inspiring wheel that is Seeley Booth' ideas on love...

Quotes:

Bones: A date on Valentine's Day comes with the expectation of affection and companionship and possibly sex...I have no intention in engaging in either'...

Hodgins: (In regards to guessing) 'Don't tell Dr. Brennan'...

Rana: 'I know I'm a **** but I'm not a killer ****'...

Darren: 'I look like a Jane, but I'm all Tarzan'...

Bones: (To Booth) 'I am alone by choice, just like you'...Have to say I loved the look on his face and how he swallowed at that statement...

TylerA46

[17]Feb 18, 2011
    • level: 11

I don't give a s*** about Angela, Hodgins, Cam, Clark, so it's really hard to watch. Even the cases are awful.

Geri08

[18]Feb 18, 2011

Behind the Scene Photos...

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/02/bones-episode-614-bikini-in-soup-bts.html

Geri08

[19]Feb 18, 2011
    Geri08 wrote:

Behind the Scene Photos...

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/02/bones-episode-614-bikini-in-soup-bts.html

I love the two with Emily sticking her tongue out!...

penelope1985

[20]Feb 18, 2011
    For me this episode was really disappointing! It was neither funny nor sweet... And it was boring too...