Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Discussion - 6x14 - The bikini in the soup

ForeverAngel2Me

[41]Feb 18, 2011
    • level: 3

ForeverAngel2Me wrote:
    And to Mute ... My reply is 'on-topic' ... at least, with the BOLD SENTENCE in the above quoted post, it is! OK, really ... I'll make sure to 'comment' on the 'Bikini Soup' episode ... once I find Penelope's post (so I can agree with her!) *smile*

MuteTroubadouR wrote:
    Why on earth am I being brought into this ridiculousnes? (O.o)

Actually, you once before 'called me out' posting that I was 'off-topic' ... so, I just wanted to explain that I was 'on-topic' with the current post I quoted from. That's all!!!! I didn't want you to say I was 'off-topic' again!! And just in case, you disagreed and thought I was 'off-topic' anyways ... I thought I'd 'throw in' that I was gonna 'comment' on this episode, as well! ... *big smile*

So, no hard feelings, I hope! ...*happy* ... (Oh Goodness, I really NEED to learn how to use those 'smileys'!!)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wildhoney66

[42]Feb 18, 2011
    • level: 13

1st let me say that having Cam have this freaking OBSESSION with going out on a date was just plain stupid. all they really needed to do to be honest, was just leave work early & pick it back up the next day. that's pretty much it. other than i thought it was a great episode. though i could have gone without seeing Clark in that last scene but it was pretty funny though.

i also LOVED how she kept turning guys down really to be with Booth. i agree on what some reviewer on here said that they hope that Bones stays where she is now. her actions i mean. more humane i mean. i forget how the review posted it. but that's in short what they meant i'm sure.

instead of having her quote this tribe or that tribe like she was doing earlyier this season. that was actually getting on my nerves. i realize the point of that was her trying to accept that booth was with hannah & how she felt about it. i get that. but all the writers really did was make her into a robot. & this 2nd half of the season starting with "The Doctor in the photo" which i LOVED! has greatly improved the season. sure there has been 1 or two episodes since than that were sub par. but compared to most of the 1st half. it just feel like the writers quit snorting that crack cocaine they were on most of the season.

at least that's how it felt to me. i honestly have no complaints beforehand on the show. other than the mistake of getting rid of "Zack" than most of the 1st half of the season. but maybe that's just me. i dunno? he he

penelope1985

[44]Feb 18, 2011
    • level: 21
    [QUOTE="ForeverAngel2Me"]

penelope1985 wrote:

Now, remember, I wasn't 'watching the show' regularly, this season ... just reading, what was happening 'here & there' ... so please 'bear' with me! I actually have one"Q" about this episode, and that is this ... When Hodgins & Sweets were (although, at different times) discussing Booth's 'newfound freedom', I'll call it. More like ... it was when they were 'trying to mention' to Booth about his 'breakup' from Hannah. Booth kept telling them to STOP and NOT GO THERE (you know, he said something like that) ... which, of course, I understand Booth NOT wanting to 'talk about it' anymore! But, when Angela was 'discussing Hannah' to Booth ... (and yes, Angela did mention 'something' about Hannah before talking about how Booth should spend V-Day with someone who wouldn't enjoy V-Day either) ... well, here's the"Q" ... why didn't Booth tell Angela to STOP and NOT GO THERE, as well? Booth seemed 'OK' with 'discussing Hannah' to Angela, but not to Hodgins or Sweets. Just was wondering why that was so? Or did I 'misinterpret' something there that might have been 'explained' in some other episode that I didn't see?

Νow that Hannah is gone you should go back and watch all the episodes...

penelope1985

[45]Feb 18, 2011
    • level: 21
    I can't believe so many of you accuse Cam of wanting to be with her boyfriend on Valentine's and not having her arms 10 inches into what is basically body soup...

OnePerCentClub

[46]Feb 18, 2011
    • level: 35
    ForeverAngel2Me wrote:
    Finally, as for 'Grey's Anatomy' ... who cares they're down from last week? Seriously, I don't 'see your point' in mentioning that they've declined somewhat ... as 'Grey's Anatomy' has been STRONGERRRRRRR than STRONGGGGGGG ...

I do care, because I hate Grey's and since I take the time to post the ratings, well I can say it. And my point, so you can see it, is that even when Grey's is strong, it's not as strong as you think. It used to go up to 4's in the demos and last night it was only 3.7.
    ForeverAngel2Me wrote:
    So, it's obviously time to ship our Booth & Brennan 'in a relationship' ... as maybe THAT might 'make a difference' with 'Bones' finally heading the ratings chart!

Yeah, well, I'd like to see how many fans stick around to see the following weeks after Booth and Brennan get together. If they ever do, because at this point, if they wait more, it will get tired, boring and unrealistic. If it isn't already. Sad but true.

And yes, CSI was up 4% from last week. To a 2.7. What a big increase. My mistake. Geez.

akkigrl

[48]Feb 18, 2011
    • level: 10

I thought this episode was totally amusing and cute, definitely the cutest of the season, IMO.

Except for Hannah, I've never disliked a Bones character, ever, so I didn't have a problem with Cam or Clark or anyone else. (In fact, I thought Clark's was pretty cute and a nice insight into his story, LOL!)

What I absolutely love now is the reversal of roles between Booth and Brennan. It used to be Booth who would do cute things for Brennan without her realizing it, and him putting himself out there, but now that it's her, I find it ADORABLE! "Happy Valentine's Day Massacre, Booth." (SQUEE!)

Also, for the record, Brennan turned down four guys: Douglas, Scott, "Secret service agent from (her) gym", and Jean-Paul (who wanted to take her to Montreal).

"Can I call you back later to tell you no? Ok, bye." LOL, Brennan.

Also, when they celebrated and high-fived after Brennan's acting successfully got them a confession... All I kept thinking was, "OMG, YES! THEY'RE BACK, BABY!! WOOO!!"

And I thought the case was pretty interesting. Definitely better than the daredevil case from last week.

One final note...

Cam: ...Today, death loses, and romance wins.
    Angela: *claps excitedly* Woo!!
    Hodgins: What about justice?
    Angela: *THWACK!* *continues clapping excitedly*
    Hodgins: *sigh* *slowly starts clapping*

XD Michaela doesn't even skip a beat during this scene. I thought it was hilarious! LOL!

grissomsidle

[49]Feb 19, 2011
    • level: 17

akkigrl wrote:

One final note...

Cam: ...Today, death loses, and romance wins.
    Angela: *claps excitedly* Woo!!
    Hodgins: What about justice?
    Angela: *THWACK!* *continues clapping excitedly*
    Hodgins: *sigh* *slowly starts clapping*

XD Michaela doesn't even skip a beat during this scene. I thought it was hilarious! LOL!

I love that scene as well. Every time I watched it in the promos I would laugh. It's great.

Chelle1982

[50]Feb 19, 2011

I am really suprised that some people didn't like this episode. I thought it was sooooo nice just to have BB getting along again. I truly enjoyed watching this episode. I liked that it was light and fun and easy. I loved loved loved Brennan in this episode. I laughed at things she said and how she acted and I think she was just what Booth needed after last weeks episode. I felt like they were back. They seemed way more like what they used to be. Considering all that has happened between them, I think it was what they needed to get back on track. I think its exactly what needed to happen to get them moving forward and healing. (I say thateven thoughI am one of those that really wished they hadjust made out the wholeepisode...oh well!)

I can see how Cam could have been annoying in this episode but I really think that after the last episode with Paul they committed to try really hard to make their relationship work and do whatever they could to have time together. I did get a little tired of hearing her pushing about time but I thought it was sweet that they were trying to make sure they made time for their relationship on the "most romantic" day of the year!

I really liked this episode!I hope they keep Brennan being somewhat like she is now - she seems more down to a normal person level.

I'm really bummed too though, that we have to wait 3 more weeks until the next episode!!

KxGx

[51]Feb 19, 2011
    • level: 6
    ForeverAngel2Me wrote:

ForeverAngel2Me wrote:
    And to Mute ... My reply is 'on-topic' ... at least, with the BOLD SENTENCE in the above quoted post, it is! OK, really ... I'll make sure to 'comment' on the 'Bikini Soup' episode ... once I find Penelope's post (so I can agree with her!) *smile*

MuteTroubadouR wrote:

Actually, you once before 'called me out' posting that I was 'off-topic' ... so, I just wanted to explain that I was 'on-topic' with the current post I quoted from. That's all!!!! I didn't want you to say I was 'off-topic' again!! And just in case, you disagreed and thought I was 'off-topic' anyways ... I thought I'd 'throw in' that I was gonna 'comment' on this episode, as well! ... *big smile*

So, no hard feelings, I hope! ...*happy* ... (Oh Goodness, I really NEED to learn how to use those 'smileys'!!)

Can i Ask a question, i do not mean to be rude just curious, why do you use the speech marks so often, in some of your longer psost there are so many words in those marks it actually makes difficult reading, and i am actually quite interested in why you use them and how you choose the words you use them for. (note - i understand in the above post the need for them in 'off-topic' and 'on-topic'

ForeverAngel2Me

[53]Feb 19, 2011

ForeverAngel2Me wrote:
    Finally, as for 'Grey's Anatomy' ... who cares they're down from last week? Seriously, I don't 'see your point' in mentioning that they've declined somewhat ... as 'Grey's Anatomy' has been STRONGERRRRRRR than STRONGGGGGGG ...

OnePerCentClub wrote:
    I do care, because I hate Grey's and since I take the time to post the ratings, well I can say it. And my point, so you can see it, is that even when Grey's is strong, it's not as strong as you think. It used to go up to 4's in the demos and last night it was only 3.7.

Yeah, Grey's used to have 4 demos, and now they had a 3.7! Big deal!! It doesn't currently matter (like you think it does) ... especially since, they're demos are still HIGHER, while they're also continually 'leading' all the other shows in this 'particular' time slot! Really, that 3.7 still put them at the TOP of the list! So, how does that NOT make them a 'strong' candidate?? They're 'leading' the TOP of the ratings chart 'week after week after week' ... for goodness sakes! They are STRONGER than STRONG! Talk about getting 'technical' with the ratings ... let's see, here's a 'different perspective' for you ... on 1/21 & 1/28 of this year, 'Bones' had a 3.9 demo, and now, after 'only a few weeks later' they're currently at a 3.3! So, does that mean they're NOT AS STRONG ANYMORE, either?? Yeah, I can see how 'Bones' is just 'falling apart' now, because they dropped from a 3.9 to a 3.3 ... and in 'less than a month' too! OMG! They probably won't be getting renewed now, either! ... LOL!! *joke-joke*... And I supposedly don't 'understand' the ratings system?? Right! ... Give me a break! You know, if 'Grey's Anatomy' gets 'knocked out' of the TOP SPOT ... (and not from 'repeats' either) ... then we'll discuss how that 3.7 demo SUDDENLY is 'not as strong' anymore! Cuz, until their demo 'drops enough' to matter... that current 3.7 'makes no difference' ... it's NOT having a 'major effect' on them! Now watch ... next week, Grey's will be back near the '4 mark' again! ... Just saying ... lol!

ForeverAngel2Me wrote:
    So, it's obviously time to ship our Booth & Brennan 'in a relationship' ... as maybe THAT might 'make a difference' with 'Bones' finally heading the ratings chart!

OnePerCentClub wrote:
    Yeah, well, I'd like to see how many fans stick around to see the following weeks after Booth and Brennan get together. If they ever do, because at this point, if they wait more, it will get tired, boring and unrealistic. If it isn't already. Sad but true. And yes, CSI was up 4% from last week. To a 2.7. What a big increase. My mistake. Geez.

Honestly, I think Booth & Brennan FINALLY TOGETHER is what could 'boost' this show 'beyond belief'!! Seriously?? Are you on any other 'Bones' fan sites?? Have you read any other forums?? My Goodness ... there are 'sooooooo many' that are 'anticipating' what's gonna happen in that 'elevator' episode. Oh My!! ... It's the TALK of the town, so-to-speak!! hahaha! Hopefully, that episode will have some further 'turning point' or 'payoff' for our B&B ... and NOT be completely 'stalled' (as if not going anywhere with the storyline) ... or call it a 'delay process' ... as that would be such a 'letdown' ... besides utterly disappointing. Really, I don't think HH/SN are gonna 'chance' NOT giving 'the fans' something 'positive' with Booth & Brennan! Although, I will say ... that if B&B aren't close to 'getting together' by the end of this season ... it's pretty SAFE to think that MOST FANS will 'give up' with the 'constant' waiting. Cuz, no matter how it's 'looked upon' 'Bones' can't GO ON for more seasons, the way it is ... really, it's time for Booth & Brennan to 'have their shot' at romance! Just hope we get to see that happen before the 'series closes'. Otherwise, I think this show might feel like it was 'a total waste of time' to some, if Booth and Brennan 'never' get together'. Why?? ... cuz, it's expected to happen ... as that's what most have been waiting for! ... Although, it's been 'wayyyy tooo longgg' indeed, I might add, with the waiting! So, here's hoping HH/SN won't 'renege' on B&B getting together ... as just a reminder, we're supposed to see that happen!

And for the record, CSI was at 2.9 ... Still, no matter, I heard their Season 12 renewal is in the 'final stages' ... so, they will be 'returning' next season. Good for them! ... *happy-dance*

ForeverAngel2Me

[54]Feb 19, 2011

ForeverAngel2Me wrote:

KxGx wrote:
    Can i Ask a question, i do not mean to be rude just curious, why do you use the speech marks so often, in some of your longer psost there are so many words in those marks it actually makes difficult reading, and i am actually quite interested in why you use them and how you choose the words you use them for. (note - i understand in the above post the need for them in 'off-topic' and 'on-topic'

MuteTroubadouR wrote:
    I want to know too, because the excessive use of single quotation marks is grammar-homicide on my brain. lulz.

Hmmm ... interesting! Truthfully, I've never been 'asked' why I use them ... or told it's 'difficult' to 'read a post' from using them, either! But, my 'explanation' is quite simple! The 'quotation marks' are used (at least, by me) because, I sometimes feel like 'emphasizing' certain words! And although, I sometimes 'capitalize' words, as well ... I usually only do that with a 'single word' ... more than with 'several words' at one time. Really, I don't like to 'capitalize' too often, because I've heard that 'insinuates' yelling ... and, I don't want 'anyone' to feel that is 'ever' the case here ... so, I use 'quotation marks' mostly instead, when I want to 'emphasize' certain words!

Really, I'd think the 'dots' I use in 'separating' my sentences, at times ... would be 'more difficult' in reading a 'full sentence' or 'post' ... than using those 'quotation marks'?? ! Although, I've never had anyone 'ask me' why I use those 'dots' either. (Oh wait! I just 'asked myself'?? ... LOL! Scratch that! ...Maybe I should've said 'before right now'!! ... LOL!) Oh well! ... Hopefully, I 'answered' your question! *smile*

Geri08

[55]Feb 19, 2011
    • level: 31

ForeverAngel2Me wrote:
    I actually have one"Q" about this episode, and that is this ... When Hodgins & Sweets were (although, at different times) discussing Booth's 'newfound freedom', I'll call it. More like ... it was when they were 'trying to mention' to Booth about his 'breakup' from Hannah. Booth kept telling them to STOP and NOT GO THERE (you know, he said something like that) ... which, of course, I understand Booth NOT wanting to 'talk about it' anymore! But, when Angela was 'discussing Hannah' to Booth ... (and yes, Angela did mention 'something' about Hannah before talking about how Booth should spend V-Day with someone who wouldn't enjoy V-Day either) ... well, here's the"Q" ... why didn't Booth tell Angela to STOP and NOT GO THERE, as well? Booth seemed 'OK' with 'discussing Hannah' to Angela, but not to Hodgins or Sweets. Just was wondering why that was so? Or did I 'misinterpret' something there that might have been 'explained' in some other episode that I didn't see.

I did ask myself that same question but more in the way of why rather than anything else...Firstly, we all know Ange...She is, what the rest of the squints, Booth and ourselves, a force not to be messed with...She is their agony aunt, their friend, their confidant, a lady who takes no crap from anyone and definitely one with antenna the size of a satellite dish...she picks up on things (emotional) that others (maybe Booth excl.) would not! When she talks, most people listen...I know Booth has switched her out in the past but he does take note of what she says, especially when it pertains to Bones and himself or anything Bones! And lastly and probably the most important, she is Bones' friend and she is pregnant! No one messes with a pregnant, hormonal lady but I think more importantly Booth looks on women (in general) and pregnancy, as sacred! Although, after all the times he has got his heart broken, brought home more recently by his breakup with Hannah, I would not blame the guy for being a bit off ladies right now...

Geri08

[56]Feb 19, 2011
    • level: 31

The Voice of TV...

http://thevoiceoftv.com/blog/bones-the-bikini-in-the-soup-6-14-review/30549?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

bonebooth

[57]Feb 19, 2011
    • level: 5

I think most of what I want to say about this episode has already been brought up. I LOVED this episode. Brennan was my favorite, especially with all the calls for dates she was receiving! Calling him back to say no was great!! I also liked the role reversal between her & Booth, and how she was agreeing with him about v-day, too funny!! I thought for a minute that Booth was going to ask her if she wanted to go to the shooting range with him, kind of looked like he wanted to. The only thing about the episode I didn't like was cam, way too weird about her deadline. Other than that, it was great, and I thought B&B were so cute together!!

thabeatles772

[58]Feb 19, 2011
    • level: 18
    MuteTroubadouR wrote:

KxGx wrote:
    ForeverAngel2Me wrote:

ForeverAngel2Me wrote:

MuteTroubadouR wrote:

I want to know too, because the excessive use of single quotation marks is grammar-homicide on my brain. lulz.

I always wondered this too, for the same reasons. o.O

Chelle1982

[59]Feb 19, 2011

thabeatles772 wrote:
    MuteTroubadouR wrote:

KxGx wrote:
    ForeverAngel2Me wrote:

ForeverAngel2Me wrote:

MuteTroubadouR wrote:

I always wondered this too, for the same reasons. o.O

Me three! But I never asked because Iwas afraid of offending!

BarryWeen3

[60]Feb 19, 2011
    • level: 14

MuteTroubadouR wrote:

ForeverAngel2Me wrote:

ForeverAngel2Me wrote:

MuteTroubadouR wrote:

Uh..*sigh* iccl

There, there, it'll be alright. You'll see. It'll all work out in the end.