Official Discussion - 6x22 - The hole in the Heart

thribs

[21]May 12, 2011
    • level: 8

Those *****! When they said at Comic-Con they were going to kill one of the characters I thought they meant one of the main ones and not some random intern. I was really hoping it was going to be Sweets.

The final confrotation was a little weak and quick, nothing like the confrontation in CSI!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thabeatles772

[22]May 12, 2011
    • level: 18

Aw see I knew it was Vincent, I read the sides for the next episode

When Keep The Streets Empty For Me started playing I knew it was coming and my heart was beating like crazy.. That song will be in my head for days.

Booth and Broadsky at the shipping yard was good, obviously Booth wasn't gonna get killed but I was still heaps anxious.

I think BB probably slept together because of the way they were acting. The way she said "I got into bed with Booth last night" doesn't prove or disprove it. They had to be vague with it because they didn't want us to know for sure, but I don't think she would've said something like 'sexual intercourse' because sex with Booth would be them becoming one, not a clinical process.. Although I am disappointed, if that was it, after all these years. But it might just be HH's way of showing that BB getting together doesn't change anything, or maybe they couldn't shoot a sex scene because of Emily's pregnant belly and thought it would be fun to make it vague -.- Or maybe nothing happened, it wouldn't be the first time BB have looped arms or smiled at each other. But that knowing look on Angela's face!? ..I've confused myself with my rant Anyways, whatever did happen between them, I'm pissed that we didn't get shown it.

Great episode though.

Edited on 05/12/2011 9:31pm

Chelle1982

[23]May 12, 2011
    • level: 3

fermaldehyde wrote:

I haven't posted in a really, really long time... but something caught my eye that I thought might be worth sharing. Right before Brennan goes into Booth's bedroom the camera flashed to Booth's alarm clock which reads 4:47... nothing too special about that... except, in the season 4 finale The End in the Beginning the camera does the same sort of thing at the beginning of the scene before Brennan gets into bed with Booth (at the very beginning of the episode) and the clock also reads 4:47. I mean, that's a pretty specific time to arbitrarily have the clock set to in both episodes... I just have no idea what it means. I remember reading some blog after The End in the Beginning aired that had some sort of theory on the clock in that episode but I can't remember what it said or the significance of it. Does anybody have any ideas?

Totally caught that too! Im thinking there is most likely some significance there....

BarryWeen3

[24]May 12, 2011
    • level: 14

thabeatles772 wrote:

When Keep The Streets Empty For Me started playing I knew it was coming and my heart was beating like crazy.. That song will be in my head for days.

Booth and Broadsky at the shipping yard was good, obviously Booth wasn't gonna get killed but I was still heaps anxious.

I think BB probably slept together because of the way they were acting. The way she said "I got into bed with Booth last night" doesn't prove or disprove it. They had to be vague with it because they didn't want us to know for sure, but I don't think she would've said something like 'sexual intercourse' because sex with Booth would be them becoming one, not a clinical process.. Although I am disappointed, if that was it, after all these years. But it might just be HH's way of showing that BB getting together doesn't change anything, or maybe they couldn't shoot a sex scene because of Emily's pregnant belly and thought it would be fun to make it vague -.- Or maybe nothing happened, it wouldn't be the first time BB have looped arms or smiled at each other. But that knowing look on Angela's face!? ..I've confused myself with my rant Anyways, whatever did happen between them, I'm pissed that we didn't get shown it.

Great episode though.

Deep down, did you really think they were going to show whether or not they slept together or just literally were in bed together, considering they still had the season finale episode to go?

The way the conversation went between Angela and Brennan kinda of leads you to believe Brennan means they slept together, but you never know. Brennan may just be that happy that she formed an deeper bond with Booth or something along those lines.

Though they tried to draw it out, with that montage of showing where everybody was, you knew it was going to be Vincent even if you hadn't read the slides or what not but knew from the episode description that said "someone was shot in place of Booth when Brodsky goes after Booth". The only people there were Bones, Booth, and Vincent, easy process of elimination. Still an emotional scene and what it leads to afterwards.

I partly wanted Booth to kill Brodsky, but knew he wasn't going to because that wouldn't be Booth. Angela yelling at Hodgins was hilarious. Dinosaur vs. Human arm wrestling, silly but fun.

Lastly, I hate American Idol. It ran over a few minutes, again, and I forgot to adjust my TiVo, so can anyone tell me if I missed anything at the end after the hearse drives away and then Brennan puts her arm through Booth's? That's where my TiVo cut off.

Princess_Pinky

[25]May 12, 2011
    • level: 11

I kind of figured it was VNM. He was my least favorite of the Squinterns, but the death scene was surprisingly heartbreaking and unexpected, even though I had narrowed the death down to him from the spoilers (I had not read the sides).

And I doubt Booth and Brennan slept together, but maybe in the finale...and if that happens, then I suspect they'll go with the Brennan pregnancy next season. If not, then they'll probably work around it.

scatha_guardian

[26]May 13, 2011
    • level: 35
    My husband and I both sat there tonight and cried over this episode. It was awesome...a sweet goodbye to Vincent and hoping for a new relationship between Booth and Bones.

Chloe88Bones

[27]May 13, 2011
    • level: 3

I knew from the sides it was going to be VNM but i still cried like a baby!

When the montage was on i knew it was VNM but i was still thinking "crap what if im wrong?" really got my heart racing! and him saying "dont make me leave" was heartbreaking. Anybody else notice how he said "well, i know im gonna die in a few seconds" when he was reinacting something with brennan...did make me smile.

As for the did they or didnt they?...i think they did, im a little bit pissed that we didnt get to see what went on but i didnt think we would for some reason...HH he gives a bit but always holds back on the good stuff! oh well theres always next weeks episode! Laughing

TylerA46

[28]May 13, 2011
    • level: 11

There was a promo out there with a lot more, than the episode actually showed. Do we have 2 more episodes?

Wampag

[29]May 13, 2011
    • level: 5

Oook, very nice episode. But it was very sad for VNM. I'll miss him.

I have to wait to watch it in my language. My English it's no so good to catch every word, so I have to wait about one month to watch here translated (tonight we're having here 6X1. No, I don't like subtitles, hehehe.

Just one question. Did anyone noticed that the alarm clock at Booth's bedroom whe Brennan came in had the same time as in 4x26 The end in the beginning? Is just a joke or maybe has it any meaning?

melindakw

[30]May 13, 2011
    • level: 10
    Are you sure you don't mean Hart....as in Hart Hanson...lol

estella87

[31]May 13, 2011
    • level: 14

I didn't read any spoilers and I didn't watch the preview so I was really shocked when VNM was shot. When he aimed I thought Broadsky was aiming for the female FBI agent... :/

Vincent was my favorite sqintern, I'm gonna miss him! I cried so much during this episode

I don't even care about the Booth/Brennan part of the episode all that much, though it was really cute how they linked arms in that final scene.

ndb489

[32]May 13, 2011
    • level: 4

Vincent Nigel-Murray (Ryan Cartwright) was killed off because 1) they needed something dramatic like killing someone and 2) Ryan is going to be a series regular in a new show. That's also why Daisy (Carla Gallo) was written out too.

misty1705

[33]May 13, 2011
    • level: 10
    i must is was pretty funny when Hodgins came into the room with the info an an Angela told him to leave to look on his face was pricless

FoxPhile

[34]May 13, 2011

I don't think it matters too much exactly what went on in that bed between B&B. The events of the day obviously had a huge impact - a life changing impact - and that will be reflected in a change in the B&B relationship dynamic.

Personally, I think Booth is too noble to have allowed them to have sex. Given Brennan's very emotional and vulnerable state, he would see sex as taking advantage of her, even if she begged for it. I also don't think he would want to start their intimate relationship in the shadow of death and grief. Booth has proven on many occassions that he can be the strong, noble one when he feels the situation warrants it.

I'm fairly sure, however, there was a lot of comforting, and talking, and probably some close kanoodling. Cool I also think a decision to move forward was made. Given Brennan's grin with Angela, SOMETHING significant happened. And I don't think it will take long for Booth to get past his noble thing and officially consummate things. I even think that might be where B&B were headed, arm in arm, at the end of the episode.

lrigD

[35]May 13, 2011

Alright, so I spent the day bravely trying to study for my upcoming exams until I just couldn't take it anymore and watched the episode...

This may sound cold, but I was, strangely enough, not very upset over VNM... I liked him, but after watching that promo about a week ago I was far more focussed on the Booth/Brennan side of things. And I don't like the fact that they've left the big question open - did they or didn't they? There's one more episode in which the question might be answered (might ED's pregnancy mean that they did, and Brennan gets pregnant as a result?), but on the other hand, I can see this as a cliffhanger too. It's definitely a good one... but I do hope the question will be answered next episode.

I don't have a preference for either one, really... I want them to finally get together as much as the next person, but I also think that this wouldn't have been the right time for that, and Booth, at least, would've recognized that. So I just don't know...

On the one hand, Booth wouldn't make love to Brennan when one of her interns has just died and she's (they both are) so emotionally vulnerable. I really don't think he would do that. And also, the way Brennan phrased it 'I got into bed with Booth' or something along those lines makes it sound as if they just slept together...

But then on the other hand, Angela's reaction and smiles throughout the rest of the episode show that something significant did happen. And the very last scene where they sing for VNM and Brennan links arms with Booth, Angela looks at them in the weirdest way... It was happy but apprehensive, or at least that's how I read it. Oh, and in that same season, as Brennan links arms with Booth, Booth looks down at her arm/hand and this tiny smirk appears on his face... *yeah, I have seen these scenes too often already*

This actually cleared my mind up a little bit xD I don't think (or maybe, don't hope) they had sex, because I think I would lose some respect for Booth if they did, and because after six years' worth of tension, the writers would at least show some of them getting together, right? (If they did get together, maybe they'll show it in the form of flashbacks, next episode? But I doubt it.).

But something significant did happen, I'm sure of that. Well, I hope everybody enjoyed that little (or not so little) discourse... would love to hear your opinions, too ^^

I did like how VNM's death affected the others, by the way. The way they all acted just a little differently afterwards. And the final scene was good, too, I think better than some clich├ęd crying scene...

Edited on 05/13/2011 6:55am

MichaelBenton

[36]May 13, 2011
    • level: 1

@fermaldehyde : thanks for taking the time to post then cause it was really interesting

If I remember correctly, in "The End in the beginning", the clock showed 4:47 right before they were about to have sex and 0541 or something but this time in military time. So some people assumed that, what happened when we were showed the military time, was Booth's dream, whereas what we saw before was something else.. like the future maybe ?

Now I don't think it's innocent either they showed the same time.. either they did have sex and that clock in "The End in the beginning" was really showing what were likely to happen a few years from then, or they didn't have sex and the clock in "The Hole in the Heart" is a hint. ( like, "don't be fooled again, they didn't do it, just like they didn't two seasons ago")

Or if you want another crazy theory like this, Booth's tumor is back, and everything you saw after that scene is just a dream. But I prefer the above.

bonebooth

[37]May 13, 2011
    fermaldehyde wrote:

I haven't posted in a really, really long time... but something caught my eye that I thought might be worth sharing. Right before Brennan goes into Booth's bedroom the camera flashed to Booth's alarm clock which reads 4:47... nothing too special about that... except, in the season 4 finale The End in the Beginning the camera does the same sort of thing at the beginning of the scene before Brennan gets into bed with Booth (at the very beginning of the episode) and the clock also reads 4:47. I mean, that's a pretty specific time to arbitrarily have the clock set to in both episodes... I just have no idea what it means. I remember reading some blog after The End in the Beginning aired that had some sort of theory on the clock in that episode but I can't remember what it said or the significance of it. Does anybody have any ideas?

I thought the same thing! you beat me to posting it! I've been trying to think of whether it had some significance too. thanks for posting that!

thabeatles772

[38]May 13, 2011
    • level: 18
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

thabeatles772 wrote:

Great episode though.

Deep down, did you really think they were going to show whether or not they slept together or just literally were in bed together, considering they still had the season finale episode to go?

The way the conversation went between Angela and Brennan kinda of leads you to believe Brennan means they slept together, but you never know. Brennan may just be that happy that she formed an deeper bond with Booth or something along those lines.

Though they tried to draw it out, with that montage of showing where everybody was, you knew it was going to be Vincent even if you hadn't read the slides or what not but knew from the episode description that said "someone was shot in place of Booth when Brodsky goes after Booth". The only people there were Bones, Booth, and Vincent, easy process of elimination. Still an emotional scene and what it leads to afterwards.

Nah I knew for like months that it was VNM that was gonna go because of the sides, but the script has been changed from what was in the sides before and after what everyone from the Paley centre viewing was saying I was thinking maybe it was Sweets or something.. Either way I didn't really care so long as it wasn't BB or Hodgela (which we all knew it wasn't anyway ).. Oh and I never read the description

bonebooth

[39]May 13, 2011

I need some help with this episode. We had a huge thunderstorm come through & lost TV reception right at the end. It looked like Brennan was going to take Booth's hand, but reception went out. Could someone please tell me what happened then? Also, did they show a promo for next week? I'd love to know! At least it was good that the storm didn't hit at the beginning of the show! Thanks for any help you can give me!