Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Discussion - 6x23 - The Change in the Game

firedrakes

[41]May 19, 2011
    • level: 13
    also this episode was(story wise) was last minute(the last part of the episode). from what i heard
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

little_magelly

[42]May 19, 2011
    • level: 23
    I feel kinda cheated as a longtime viewer of this show... not that I want to see graphic detail but at least a kiss? Come on! In the X-Files it kinda made sense to be so clandestine about this, but in Bones, where things were more out in the open? Laaameee. It was even the same plot device even down to the "stuff" given by Mulder/Booth -___-

moustasch1

[43]May 19, 2011
    • level: 3

It seems like everyone's missing the point with Max. If you watch him you'll notice that he's well aware that something has changed in Booth and Brennan's relationship, and that's the clue to what's going on between them. Several weeks have passed since the last episode (Brennan wouldn't know she was pregnant if it wasn't) and the kiss on the cheek that Booth gave her was relaxed and natural not awkward like before. I may be wrong but I think they've been together as a couple sinceVincent's death and that the baby is his "naturally" and not that she was artificially inseminated.

olivia56

[44]May 19, 2011
    • level: 2
    exactly!

Cassandra_Elise

[45]May 19, 2011
    • level: 14

Not surprised at all about the outcome. It's predictable yeah, but given the fact that we've been waiting for Brennan and Booth to be in a relationship, I'm not disappointed. And unlike a lot of people, I'm not upset that we didn't see "anything" during their "first time." We've never seen anyone on this show during their "first time." It's not Bones style.

I think the baby drama will be an intricate part of next season. Not to mention the fact that Booth and Brennan have yet to come out in the open about their relationship, it looks like the Jeffersonian's in for some big shockers next year. Wink

scarab8

[46]May 19, 2011

OK, I'll not watch Bones or any other Hart Hansen production again. What a rip-off! After six years of waiting for the big kiss and romantic confessions of love, fans were left wondering IF his consoling her after Vincent's death lead to anything - and now we "see" that it did - without seeing anything. We didn't expect a blue movie (this is network TV) but would it have hurt to show us "a kiss to build a dream on"?

Cassandra_Elise

[47]May 19, 2011

moustasch1 wrote:

It seems like everyone's missing the point with Max. If you watch him you'll notice that he's well aware that something has changed in Booth and Brennan's relationship, and that's the clue to what's going on between them. Several weeks have passed since the last episode (Brennan wouldn't know she was pregnant if it wasn't) and the kiss on the cheek that Booth gave her was relaxed and natural not awkward like before. I may be wrong but I think they've been together as a couple sinceVincent's death and that the baby is his "naturally" and not that she was artificially inseminated.

Couldn't agree more. Laughing It was pretty obvious from last week's episode that Booth and Brennan had "done it." The way Brennan and Angela kept exchanging looks, and the way she put her arm through Booth's and his happy smile... And then we had the clues this week with Max.

LinaLoN

[48]May 19, 2011
    • level: 6

I kinda knew what the twist would be at the end as the episode went along and Brennan kept saying things. I'm just as disappointed at this terrible season where we've all been pulled in different directions then all of a sudden they throw B&B together in a way where people weren't sure they got together... now they're having a baby? I would have preferred they wait until season 7 to put that in so we have time to get acclimated to B&B getting together and so we can see them being affectionate with each other. Now it's all going to be concentrated on having the baby. I was looking forward to having Brennan in a dangerous/tense situation where her life is on the line for season 7 and now that's not going to happen. One thing if any consolation at all is that Booth smiled when Brennan told him instead of being shocked and upset. Also I'm hoping B&B's baby turns out to be a girl. Other than that I'm not so giddy happy as I normally would have been. I just WISH they hadn't added that twist at the end.. like a terrible "Heroes" twist that ruins the episode. This is all going the same way as Silk Stalkings did and I will refuse to watch the show ever again even in reruns and will sell all my Bones dvds if they kill off Booth in the end of the show. That's the line for me.

If anything else, the Hodgens/Angela baby stuff was entertaining and happy for their ending... I knew it would be a boy. Liked Buck and Wanda returning but Max is right... where was all the affection an engaged couple would be like? I realize they were acting differently because of personal issue and I'm glad Max picked up on that but Booth wasn't really overprotective of Brennan at all considering what has happened between them. I mean in the past Booth would've been quick to posture against another male with his eyes on Brennan but it was Max who said something. What is wrong with this picture? So having sex means Booth can hang back and not have to worry about things anything more? Err... there I go again... I can't help feeling frusterated not just by this episode but because of the entire season.

What was Hodgen's baby names again... I lost track. I remember Michael and Vincent. No Zack? I would have rather Zack coming into the end of the episode to see Hodgen's baby than B&B at the end.

Edited on 05/19/2011 8:06pm
    Edited 2 total times.

penelope1985

[49]May 19, 2011
    • level: 21
    Ιi'm really happy for BB but I feel cheated and robbed...

blindmuse

[50]May 19, 2011
    • level: 1

I'm honestly so disappointed. I'm happy for B and B and all but...this is just terrible writing. The whole "can they make a relationship work" problem that has kept them apart all this time...we don't get to see ANY of the interesting parts of them even getting together? I wouldn't have minded a sex scene but that's not the biggest issue here, in my opinion. All this build up for six seasons and then just...nothing. B and B are together, supposedly, and now they're having a baby and they're both smiling and happy about it? Where did all the "complications" go that have been keeping them apart all this time? And if they worked those complications out, why didn't we get to SEE any of it???

I just...ugh. I don't watch Bones for an hour of people getting strikes in bowling. I watch it for the relationships and the development and we don't seem to get any of that anymore.

HH completely dropped the ball. And he did it in the most confusing way possible.

jade38

[51]May 19, 2011
    • level: 11

I didn't even think they 'slept' together...I thought they just went to sleep together. Gee, I understand it would have taken away from the emotionality of the episode, but did they have to make them have sex for the first time ever, in the same episode as what's his name dying? I didn't think the following episode was clear enough when she told Angela, it wasn't made to be much of a deal, and it IS a big deal that they finally did it after 6yrs, they so underplayed it.

blindmuse

[52]May 19, 2011
    jade38 wrote:

I didn't even think they 'slept' together...I thought they just went to sleep together... I didn't think the following episode was clear enough when she told Angela, it wasn't made to be much of a deal, and it IS a big deal that they finally did it after 6yrs, they so underplayed it.

Right? And it's not like Booth to let something like that happen when both of them are upset. And really? They're having a BABY and all we get is 30 seconds at the end of the conversation?

BarryWeen3

[53]May 20, 2011

Good episode, not as great as the previous episode. Loved Max, loved Wendell trying to channel Angela and Hodgins in the lab, and the ensuing hilarity when he had to keep asking the two of them in mid-labor for help. It was fun watching Booth and Brennan go undercover and most of the bowling characters were interesting, but overall the case was lame. The guy hit him because his shoes smelled, really? really?

The "twist" at the end wasn't a suprise for me as I theorized that it was probably going to happen based on the previous episode and the actress' real-life pregnancy. It would be the easiest way to deal with ED's pregnancy rather than let's play hide the bump or Brennan disappears for a while for some reason.

I've read equal amounts of people happy that they did hook up and that it's Booth's baby and others that are disappointed that the relationship was suddenly sprung on us after 6 seasons and they didn't get to see the build-up to BB being together, progressing to sleeping together, etc.

I can understand that to a point, but my opinion is that Booth and Brennan have always been in a relationship ever since they first met. They've just been pulled apart at times due to circumstances, pursuing others, etc. But at their core they've always been there for each other, had each other backs. It's just now after 6 seasons of going through all the turmoil and challenges their relationship has taken over the years that they've both progressed to a healthy place for both of them.

You have to remember that they both didn't have the best of childhoods and due to those circumstances, the ability to form bonds and place trust in people has been altered, especially for Brennan. As she said in The Blackout in the Blizzard, she's lost most of her imperviousness and in that same episode Booth had to process the anger he felt over the demise of his relationship with Hannah. With Brennan, losing her parents, finding out they weren't who they said they were, finding out that her brother knew this all along, etc. lead to a lot of trust issues for her and the formation of her armor/imperviousness to protect herself from being that hurt again. Similarly, Booth became a protector because of his abusive father, protecting his brother, wanting to be there for Rebecca, protecting Brennan, etc.

Their relationship has always been there, it may not be what we think as a normal relationship, but when has anything been normal for them. So those of you thinking we were denied a build-up of them as a couple, I ask you to consider that we really haven't. The bulid-up to their relationship has been building this past 6 years. What's happened in these more recent episodes is that they've both progressed to a point where they were both in a healthy place to progress their relationship further than what it was these past years (The Blackout in the Blizzard), they both realized that life is too short to live with regrets and let fear override what you feel is right (The Hole in the Heart), leading to what I think is a natural progression of them both feeling right in the wake of tragedy to be there for each other in an intimate way (The Hole in the Heart) and the consequence of what that has led to will be the next step in their journey, i.e. dealing with a baby (The Change in the Game).

blindmuse

[54]May 20, 2011
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

So those of you thinking we were denied a build-up of them as a couple, I ask you to consider that we really haven't. The bulid-up to their relationship has been building this past 6 years. What's happened in these more recent episodes is that they've both progressed to a point where they were both in a healthy place to progress their relationship further than what it was these past years (The Blackout in the Blizzard), they both realized that life is too short to live with regrets and let fear override what you feel is right (The Hole in the Heart), leading to what I think is a natural progression of them both feeling right in the wake of tragedy to be there for each other in an intimate way (The Hole in the Heart) and the consequence of what that has led to will be the next step in their journey, i.e. dealing with a baby (The Change in the Game).

I agree with you. There's TONS of build-up. What I think we were cheated on was seeing THAT MOMENT. What's the point of build-up if we don't even get to see that moment where it all falls together? It only gets hinted at? I agree that the way they got together is probably true, I just wish that we had been allowed to see it. It's what I've been waiting for all these years and then to just...be told, and not shown, is so disappointing to me.

melindakw

[55]May 20, 2011
    • level: 10
    I like the fact that Brennan and Bones shared some pillow time and we got to believe that he was "there for her" and she wanted and allowed him to comfort her.That is growth on her part. We didn't see the consumation act ..but I preferred the suttle approach. Now the truth is out and everyone at the Jefersonian is going to know what they did by way of her pregnancy. Booth has always been protective of Bones and now he has even more reason too. That Cocky belt is going to get a shield to match! I think the challenge of writing the next season will be to keep the storylines fresh and not to predictable. Brennan is far from convential and I think this will dictate how things go. I cannot wait to see Sweets reaction!

duuntje

[56]May 20, 2011

I'm from the NEtherlands so I'll had to dl it...couldn't wait anaother 2 or 3 weeks :-)

I'll just watch it, and I'll agree the last two post's!!

Oke they didn't show it to us, but I'll think that they will keep that chemestry working like that, and that there will be no 'moonlighting' effect.

I'm currious to the next season and can't wait for sweets reaction

thabeatles772

[57]May 20, 2011
    • level: 18

blindmuse wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

So those of you thinking we were denied a build-up of them as a couple, I ask you to consider that we really haven't. The bulid-up to their relationship has been building this past 6 years. What's happened in these more recent episodes is that they've both progressed to a point where they were both in a healthy place to progress their relationship further than what it was these past years (The Blackout in the Blizzard), they both realized that life is too short to live with regrets and let fear override what you feel is right (The Hole in the Heart), leading to what I think is a natural progression of them both feeling right in the wake of tragedy to be there for each other in an intimate way (The Hole in the Heart) and the consequence of what that has led to will be the next step in their journey, i.e. dealing with a baby (The Change in the Game).

I agree with you. There's TONS of build-up. What I think we were cheated on was seeing THAT MOMENT. What's the point of build-up if we don't even get to see that moment where it all falls together? It only gets hinted at? I agree that the way they got together is probably true, I just wish that we had been allowed to see it. It's what I've been waiting for all these years and then to just...be told, and not shown, is so disappointing to me.
    I absolutely agree with this blindmuse. I honestly don't mind all that much that we didn't get to see their sex in the last ep, or even a flash back in this episode (although I wouldn't have complained), I do however mind that I didn't get to see that moment. It's a total cop out to leave us in the dark; HH has always said that he knew exactly how he wanted to get them together, but this doesn't even count ! He missed like four HUGE steps, and I know BB don't always do things exactly by the book, but I want to see how it all fell together. Like did they talk about it first? Did they just start kissing each other? If so, who kissed who? Did they talk after? What was said? ..This is just the beginning of a long list of questions that I would love to be shown answers to -.-
    ETA: Oh and it wouldn't have killed them to write in a little affection instead of trying desperately not to give away whether they slept together or not. Hope there is some next season.

Do you guys reckon this means that season 7 will start filming like straight away and we'll get to see it sooner? Coz I really don't wanna wait heaps long.. I'm dying to know how everything will be handled next season ! It's hard to picture a baby in BB's crime fighting equation. Should be good

Edited on 05/20/2011 12:19am

IwonaSyroka

[58]May 20, 2011
    • level: 5

melindakw wrote:
    I cannot wait to see Sweets reaction!
    Me too it would be priceless :d

IwonaSyroka

[59]May 20, 2011
    • level: 5

thabeatles772 wrote:
    blindmuse wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

I absolutely agree with this blindmuse. I honestly don't mind all that much that we didn't get to see their sex in the last ep, or even a flash back in this episode (although I wouldn't have complained), I do however mind that I didn't get to see that moment. It's a total cop out to leave us in the dark; HH has always said that he knew exactly how he wanted to get them together, but this doesn't even count ! He missed like four HUGE steps, and I know BB don't always do things exactly by the book, but I want to see how it all fell together. Like did they talk about it first? Did they just start kissing each other? If so, who kissed who? Did they talk after? What was said? ..This is just the beginning of a long list of questions that I would love to be shown answers to -.-

Do you guys reckon this means that season 7 will start filming like straight away and we'll get to see it sooner? Coz I really don't wanna wait heaps long.. I'm dying to know how everything will be handled next season ! It's hard to picture a baby in BB's crime fighting equation. Should be good

sorry for writing post after post, but one thing just came to me: we didn't see them in bed, how they kiss etc. but... we can see that in season 7... it's possible that they can do a flashback of that moments when they will be asked about the whole thing... actually I hope that the writers do that

Chelle1982

[60]May 20, 2011
    • level: 3

I guess I'm in the minority here... I absolutely loved this episode. It was just as good as the last one. I agree that part of me is disappointed we didn't get to see the "kiss" or anything leading up, but honestly, I found the way the writers played it all out incredibly romantic! I really loved the way it was handled. Ido however, really hope that they bringup some type of flashbacks of that night for us! That would beawesome! I think they pulled of the surprise to most people by making us think they slept together, but given the writers history, also pretty much led us to believe it really didn't happen, because thats what always happens!

When I startedanzalyzing things after lasts weeks episode, I really didn't want Brennan to be pregnant, but now, IMHO I think it is going to bring soooo much to the relationship. I think this is what is going to keep the show so good. I really loved both of the season ending episodes and I am so excited to see what Season 7 brings!

Oh and Kudos to the writers and actors because up until last week, I had NO remote thought that this season ender would be even a thought! Very impressive!