Official Discussion - 6x23 - The Change in the Game

BarryWeen3

[61]May 20, 2011
    • level: 14

blindmuse wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

So those of you thinking we were denied a build-up of them as a couple, I ask you to consider that we really haven't. The bulid-up to their relationship has been building this past 6 years. What's happened in these more recent episodes is that they've both progressed to a point where they were both in a healthy place to progress their relationship further than what it was these past years (The Blackout in the Blizzard), they both realized that life is too short to live with regrets and let fear override what you feel is right (The Hole in the Heart), leading to what I think is a natural progression of them both feeling right in the wake of tragedy to be there for each other in an intimate way (The Hole in the Heart) and the consequence of what that has led to will be the next step in their journey, i.e. dealing with a baby (The Change in the Game).

I agree with you. There's TONS of build-up. What I think we were cheated on was seeing THAT MOMENT. What's the point of build-up if we don't even get to see that moment where it all falls together? It only gets hinted at? I agree that the way they got together is probably true, I just wish that we had been allowed to see it. It's what I've been waiting for all these years and then to just...be told, and not shown, is so disappointing to me.

I see your point and I understand that's what you wanted to see. But me, I see it differently. Knowing the character of the two people involved, I guess what I'm saying is that I didn't need to directly see the moment, just knowing the moment happened and to understand probably what happened between them was enough. I could see the moment clearly when Brennan was talking with Angela and smiled. I could see the moment when she looped her arm through Booth at the end of The Hole in the Heart and he smiled. Again in this finale, there were more examples of the moment in their actions with each other and that's what Max picked up on when he smiled knowingly at Booth. Same way Angela did at the end of The Hole in the Heart.

See to me, the moments that you felt needed to be shown directly were shown in all those gestures, smiles, and little actions Booth and Brennan had after that night they were together. I guess I'm more satisfied that it was down in this understated manner that they chose.

To contrast with Hodgins and Angela, I guess I view the two couples as opposite. Angela and Hodgins are all outward passion and have a more visible relationship whereas I see Brennan and Booth as more of inward intimacy and have a more subtle relationship. They've always seemed that way to me. That's why I believe that those little smiles and gestures between Booth and Brennan mean a lot more and say a lot more because of who they are and how they've always acted towards each other.

Just saying...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KxGx

[62]May 20, 2011
    • level: 6
    I loved it, would of liked a kiss of course but I didnt need it. I love that I can use my imagination about what went down that night. I think they will do a small time jump, maybe a few months but I really hope that both the baby and the relationship is kept from the others until then. I wanna see their reactions. I'd also love to see them telling Parker. See them deal with that

grissomsidle

[63]May 20, 2011
    • level: 17

BarryWeen3 wrote:

blindmuse wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

So those of you thinking we were denied a build-up of them as a couple, I ask you to consider that we really haven't. The bulid-up to their relationship has been building this past 6 years. What's happened in these more recent episodes is that they've both progressed to a point where they were both in a healthy place to progress their relationship further than what it was these past years (The Blackout in the Blizzard), they both realized that life is too short to live with regrets and let fear override what you feel is right (The Hole in the Heart), leading to what I think is a natural progression of them both feeling right in the wake of tragedy to be there for each other in an intimate way (The Hole in the Heart) and the consequence of what that has led to will be the next step in their journey, i.e. dealing with a baby (The Change in the Game).

I agree with you. There's TONS of build-up. What I think we were cheated on was seeing THAT MOMENT. What's the point of build-up if we don't even get to see that moment where it all falls together? It only gets hinted at? I agree that the way they got together is probably true, I just wish that we had been allowed to see it. It's what I've been waiting for all these years and then to just...be told, and not shown, is so disappointing to me.

I see your point and I understand that's what you wanted to see. But me, I see it differently. Knowing the character of the two people involved, I guess what I'm saying is that I didn't need to directly see the moment, just knowing the moment happened and to understand probably what happened between them was enough. I could see the moment clearly when Brennan was talking with Angela and smiled. I could see the moment when she looped her arm through Booth at the end of The Hole in the Heart and he smiled. Again in this finale, there were more examples of the moment in their actions with each other and that's what Max picked up on when he smiled knowingly at Booth. Same way Angela did at the end of The Hole in the Heart.

See to me, the moments that you felt needed to be shown directly were shown in all those gestures, smiles, and little actions Booth and Brennan had after that night they were together. I guess I'm more satisfied that it was down in this understated manner that they chose.

To contrast with Hodgins and Angela, I guess I view the two couples as opposite. Angela and Hodgins are all outward passion and have a more visible relationship whereas I see Brennan and Booth as more of inward intimacy and have a more subtle relationship. They've always seemed that way to me. That's why I believe that those little smiles and gestures between Booth and Brennan mean a lot more and say a lot more because of who they are and how they've always acted towards each other.

Just saying...

This ^. I love that you said that Matt. It would be great for me to see the scene but it really isn't necessary for me.

janieee

[64]May 20, 2011
    • level: 1
    i was a bit disappointed =( i mean for the last six seasons the essence of B and B has been in those incredibly soulful heartfelt moments between them where they just stare at each other..or theres a slight touch or moment of complete tenderness and intimacy..and then we find out by being told and not seeing those moments finally culminate! GAH!

i just have this incredibly bad feeling that somethings going to happen to the baby though =(

BarryWeen3

[65]May 20, 2011

grissomsidle wrote:

This ^. I love that you said that Matt. It would be great for me to see the scene but it really isn't necessary for me.

You're welcome.

Removed the rest of the quoted material as we're suppose to be watch how much nested quoting we do, so just doing my part to keep the quoting clutter down. Although I still think nested quotes are asthetically pleasing to look at.

Edited on 05/20/2011 3:06am

boothaddict

[66]May 20, 2011
    • level: 7
    Ha.Who cares what imbeciles they've been?It's like despite everything,the forces of the universe are conspiring to get them together.I mean,ED gets pregnant with the other David's baby,and now they've got to put it into the show.Take that,Hart Hanson.If that's not fate,I don't know what is.

ForeverAngel2Me

[67]May 20, 2011
    • level: 3

OK! So, supposedly ... it seems Hanson decided to put Deschanel's pregnancy into Season 7, afterall. Hmmm ... well, I'm NOT buying into that scenario! I mean, just because it 'came across' to us viewing it that way ... doesn't mean it actually happened. Honestly, to further ponder ... when Brennan went to see Angela in her hospital room, and gave her the 'bunny' stuffed animal ... well, did anyone 'pay attention' to what Angela said to Brennan in conversation?? Angela described HER DELIVERY as saying ... IT WAS A DREAM!! So, I'm starting to wonder if Angela's 'blessed event' even happened YET ... and could Brennan, who was in the hospital waiting room ... possibly have been 'dreaming' about the whole situation?? Actually, Angela STILL would eventually have her baby (even after Brennan woke up) ... although, the reality could be that Brennan's 'surprising news' she told Booth might never have happened at all. Therefore, Brennan wouldn't really be 'pregnant' or having Booth's baby ... it was just Hanson showing us what a FUTURE 'change in the game' would look like. WOW! Yeah, that's alot to swallow, isn't it?? Although, a total possibility because it's NOT as if Hanson has NEVER shown us a 'future' scenario before! ('The End In The Beginning' ... hint, hint!) So, until I have 'conformation' next season, of this REALLY HAPPENING and that it wasn't a DREAM on Brennan's part ... I'm NOT buying any of it. As I'm feeling like this 'change in the game' that Hanson showed us ... was indeed just that ... 'a change in the game'!! Although, that DOESN'T 'necessarily mean' that CHANGE really ever happened! Just my opinion ...

boothaddict

[69]May 20, 2011
    • level: 7
    Yeah,I dunnno about that one.But does anyone think it's possible that after Brennan'crawled into bed with Booth',they didn't actually do it,and they simply had a heart-to-heart and decoded to have a kid together?So she finally got around to using his sperm?It's a long shot,specially considering the way she told him...
    [spoiler] 'I'm pregnant' *Booth's face falls* 'You're the father' *wide Booth grin stretches over his face*
    [spoiler] Something about that just says they finally did it,but...oh,come on.

MsBoonzie

[70]May 20, 2011
    • level: 10

OMG THIS IS SO FREAKIN' FANTASTIC!

But I'm actually not surprised at all... But still, so GREAT! Can't wait until next season!

Hirundine

[71]May 20, 2011
    • level: 26
    IwonaSyroka wrote:

melindakw wrote:
    I cannot wait to see Sweets reaction!
    Me too it would be priceless :d

He totally has to be the last one to know.

And while I doubt it was intended that way in the episode, good to see I'm not the only one who's been conditioned to get a little antsy whenever a character on this show says something was a dream.

KxGx

[72]May 20, 2011
    • level: 6
    ForeverAngel2Me wrote:

OK! So, supposedly ... it seems Hanson decided to put Deschanel's pregnancy into Season 7, afterall. Hmmm ... well, I'm NOT buying into that scenario! I mean, just because it 'came across' to us viewing it that way ... doesn't mean it actually happened. Honestly, to further ponder ... when Brennan went to see Angela in her hospital room, and gave her the 'bunny' stuffed animal ... well, did anyone 'pay attention' to what Angela said to Brennan in conversation?? Angela described HER DELIVERY as saying ... IT WAS A DREAM!! So, I'm starting to wonder if Angela's 'blessed event' even happened YET ... and could Brennan, who was in the hospital waiting room ... possibly have been 'dreaming' about the whole situation?? Actually, Angela STILL would eventually have her baby (even after Brennan woke up) ... although, the reality could be that Brennan's 'surprising news' she told Booth might never have happened at all. Therefore, Brennan wouldn't really be 'pregnant' or having Booth's baby ... it was just Hanson showing us what a FUTURE 'change in the game' would look like. WOW! Yeah, that's alot to swallow, isn't it?? Although, a total possibility because it's NOT as if Hanson has NEVER shown us a 'future' scenario before! ('The End In The Beginning' ... hint, hint!) So, until I have 'conformation' next season, of this REALLY HAPPENING and that it wasn't a DREAM on Brennan's part ... I'm NOT buying any of it. As I'm feeling like this 'change in the game' that Hanson showed us ... was indeed just that ... 'a change in the game'!! Although, that DOESN'T 'necessarily mean' that CHANGE really ever happened! Just my opinion ...

I don't want to give anything away but iv seen you in the spoilers thread before, you may want to check out an interview with SN that gives you a good idea if your theory is possible or not

Nat6386

[73]May 20, 2011

this is absolutely RUBBISH!!! we wait six seasons to see if they hooked up or not and this is how we are informed? by a comment to angela that she got in bed with him and the last two minutes saying she was pregnant by booth..... i mean WTH!!! I cannot believe it im in that much Shock!!! Hart Hansen, that was pathetic, that shouldnt even be allowed! Why wait all this time for that! Im just outraged really, if you are going to make the audience wait through hardships, through different relationships through saying i love you at inappropriate times, THEN GIVE US THAT, it doesnt even make sense! its unacceptable, you just shouldnt have made us wait, or provided that tension in the first place, moonlighting curse? Try the Hansen curse!!!

THe only way this is redeemable is if we are taken back a couple of seasons to when Brennan wanted a child and she actually went about NOW through IVF, otherwise, im so annoyed and angry, cant believe i waited that long for that!

janieee

[74]May 20, 2011
    • level: 1
    Nat6386 wrote:

THe only way this is redeemable is if we are taken back a couple of seasons to when Brennan wanted a child and she actually went about NOW through IVF, otherwise, im so annoyed and angry, cant believe i waited that long for that!

agree with the annoyance! but i don't think the IVF thing would ever actually happen..booth would never agree! not after everything that has happened since season 4..and even back then - he has to be the dad! not the bystander

LeytonTLA

[75]May 20, 2011
    • level: 16
    i liked it, it was a decent episode, the last ten mins obviously the best, i thought it didnt feel very end like but im not to fussed by it as i really liked it, im happy with the pregnancy i was hoping for a kiss after booths smile but im happy enough with the way things are, i dont need to see everything between them they love each other pure and simple and i cannot wait for them to have a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yutg25

[76]May 20, 2011
    • level: 5

There was a time in season 5 I thought whatever happened to Booth's deposit. After Brennan approached Angela up. I thought why is she asking that and from there to the point that Booth and Bones were walking down the street I thought about it again just before she said it.

Its unbelievable. Of course you know we're gona have a wedding in season 7 now...

Edited on 05/20/2011 7:40am

LeytonTLA

[77]May 20, 2011
    • level: 16
    i thought that because he proposed to rebecca when she got pregnant ,,, i just posted this in the spoiler thread but i'll post it here just incase, didnt it say it was two weeks later? if its two weeks later then that would mean they had sex before the last episode as most women dont usually find out till four weeks ,,, i suppose you can find out at two weeks can you? (bit stupid that i dont know as i have a baby of my own but i found out at four weeks so ,,, hmmm) anyway if i got that wrong about the two weeks please correct me

schoko131

[78]May 20, 2011
    • level: 3

This was priceless. After what happened last week it was clear something did happen between the two. But the result really great. Listen Mr. Haper I expect to see the real Deal next Season not only teasing hints. No backing out this time.

torontogirl98

[79]May 20, 2011
    • level: 19
    All I got from that ending was WOW, I have no idea what to think about what I just saw or how I feel about it it. I am happy B&B are together sort of but I don't love that we missed the good parts. I feel like he is toying with fans emotions.

Geri08

[80]May 20, 2011
    • level: 31

Ratings...

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/05/tv-ratings-american-idol-results-and-bones-dip-mentalist-finale-up.html