TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Discussion - 6x23 - The Change in the Game

Geri08

[81]May 20, 2011
    • level: 31

Did HH just give the Moonlighting curse the middle finger...

http://www.thetvaddict.com/2011/05/20/did-hart-hanson-just-give-the-moonlighting-curse-the-middle-finger/

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Geri08

[82]May 20, 2011

Bones Final post mortem. It was not a dream...

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/bones-finale-post-mortem-booth-brennan/

elle_elle213

[83]May 20, 2011
    • level: 4

I'm not gonna lie, I felt a little cheated and underwhelmed by the finale. I knew they'd slept together in the HITH. There was just no way around it, but what I am disappointed in is the lack of time BB got on screen together. I thought after having to stomach so much of Hannah in the beginning of the season Hart would give us a little more then the hint that they slept together and a two minute scene at the end of the season. But I suppose that is what is going to get us all back for season 7, plus...they don't seem to be together really. It was a moment of grief fueled passion and now they're pregnant. I really hope season 7 is better than season 6. It's a toss up since it seems like the writers are officially wed to the idea of being "funny," but Hannah won't be there so they have that going for them at least. Think we'll get a season 8? How can BB officially being together not be an option for next season right?

Also where the hell is Tamara Taylor? It's been a Cam-lite end of the season and I didn't really realize how much I loved her character until she was barely there anymore.

Also....I'm a little over Hodgins and Angela *ducks*

Geri08

[84]May 20, 2011

elle_elle213 wrote:
    Also....I'm a little over Hodgins and Angela...ducks!

No need to 'duck'...that's what the forum's about...Say what you have or want to say...Have to say I concur with you in your post with the being 'let down' bit! I was very much too and found it all very anti-climatic...If one more person quotes SN or HH on WHY they did it this way (which for those who did not see it already is posted in the spoiler pages and here too) I will scream...SN and HH saying it does not make it right, or does not take away the fact that they CHEATED US...BIGTIME!

supaman007

[85]May 20, 2011
    • level: 4

Wow that ending was unexpected, maybe this way they can still work with Emily Deschanel because of her pregnancy.

Strawberry2011

[86]May 20, 2011
    • level: 1

Hello guys ! I always watch this forum but I had to share mythoughts today ..

First of all, thanks to a selfish viewer who thought it would be nice to spoil the episode on Twitter before it aired, I knew Brennan was pregnant before I watched. And yet I still thought we'd see some explanations to last episode, but all we got was more questions.

The episode started really good, with an obvious lack of Sweets and Cam, but in the end, I was sad, and disappointed. Six years and that's how we know they're together? And I don't care about not watching the kissing or making love part (although it would be nice after enduring Hannah rubbish!). What I care and feel cheated about is that we didn't see how they got together; I'm sure there was lots of talk and even if they gave us flashbacks we won't see the whole thing. I don't want this to be like the X-Files !

And what really pisses me off more is that after waiting 6 years for them to be ready to be together, they're suddenly ready to be parents?! Also, Brennan's "You're the father" was a little bit insulting, really.

We have the right to see B&B's every step along the way. It doesn't have to be the first kiss first date first making love first fight and all that, but at least we want to see them in an established relationship before they start talking about moving in or having babies. I want them having a baby to be their choice, not unplanned. I was so sure we wouldn't be let down on that area, and now they ruined it for me .. To me that was the worst finale of a Bones' season from all 6 (even worse than last year's which was painful but realistic) ..

But that doesn't mean I'm not coming back for season 7, because I won't give up my beloved characters easily

Edited on 05/20/2011 10:31am

Strawberry2011

[87]May 20, 2011

P.S. We should have known this was coming since The Sign in the Silence "BANG! Mama Bones" scene ..

KxGx

[88]May 20, 2011
    • level: 6
    Very true, booth did say as soon as she sees the baby, bang and shes pregant.

Well there ya go lol

carioca22

[89]May 20, 2011
    • level: 15
    Geri08 wrote:

elle_elle213 wrote:
    Also....I'm a little over Hodgins and Angela...ducks!

No need to 'duck'...that's what the forum's about...Say what you have or want to say...Have to say I concur with you in your post with the being 'let down' bit! I was very much too and found it all very anti-climatic...If one more person quotes SN or HH on WHY they did it this way (which for those who did not see it already is posted in the spoiler pages and here too) I will scream...SN and HH saying it does not make it right, or does not take away the fact that they CHEATED US...BIGTIME!

I knew I wasn't going to like the bombshell!!!
    I wasn't surprised at all, I feel incredibly cheated, robbed really after waiting 6 seasons, and really annoyed that HH and company would actually think this "change in the game" will keep me talking about Bones until it gets back.
    What the hell!! I can't believe HH pulled a Mulder and Scully on us!!! That's soo annoying!
    Why not pull a Chuck on us?? Go get some lessons on how to put the main characters together from them!! Damn even SMALLVILLE did a greater job at that!!
    I probably won't quit Bones just yet, but I'll never put myself through another HH tv show.

Rant NOT over at all...

Chloe88Bones

[90]May 20, 2011
    • level: 3

KxGx wrote:
    Very true, booth did say as soon as she sees the baby, bang and shes pregant. Well there ya go lol

Lol! Bones says something like "im pretty sure it doesnt work like that" and Hart Hanson has showed us that it apparently does!

I have to say that I found out before i watched it,that Bones is pregnant because of someone online *shakes fist* but I couldnt believe it till I actually saw it.

I have to say that like some people on here I feel a bit cheated by the last few episodes. I agree with Barryween that alot of there relationship is shown in there body language and the things that are not said. I appreciate that Booth and Bones are very understated when it comes to relationships. Always quiet conversations amoungst themselves and looks and glances but even still I still feel a bit robbed. I think if they had skipped an intimate scene and went into season 7 with them just being a couple i could have let it all slide but getting her pregnant aswell?

I am so happy that they are finally together but i feel like i have lost out on something special....all this time getting them togther and "BAM" shes knocked up and now EVERYTHING is different. Season 7 is certainly going to be a different bones. I look forward it but at the same time i wonder how this new dynamic will change the bones I know and love....

moustasch1

[91]May 20, 2011

Why are a lot of people upset over this? It's not like they're a brand new couple who've just met and have started dating to get to know each other. We've actually had a six year courtship going on between Booth and Brennan. This season showed a growth in their relationship and a softening in Brennan's "armor". We knew at the end of the blizzard episode that they were both in agreement that romance was in the cards for them at some point. Besides the bowling thing this episode gave us the ending of the season long pregnancy of Angela and Hodgens which was a major storyline and confirmed what everyone has wanted to see happen for six years. It was a good season ending, not great, but satisfying. I agree that there could have been more shown but everything from the past has led up to what's happened in this episode and I for one am glad they finally got together romantically and can't wait to see what happens next in season 7.

KML89

[92]May 20, 2011
    • level: 8

Clearly... But I wasn´t even sure if they had actually had sex together... Since she´s always so literal about what she says; like "I got in bed with Booth".

scoobydoo62

[93]May 20, 2011

I was wondering how they were going to incorporate the actual pregnancy of Emily Desceal(?).

bonebooth

[94]May 20, 2011
    • level: 5
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

blindmuse wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

So those of you thinking we were denied a build-up of them as a couple, I ask you to consider that we really haven't. The bulid-up to their relationship has been building this past 6 years. What's happened in these more recent episodes is that they've both progressed to a point where they were both in a healthy place to progress their relationship further than what it was these past years (The Blackout in the Blizzard), they both realized that life is too short to live with regrets and let fear override what you feel is right (The Hole in the Heart), leading to what I think is a natural progression of them both feeling right in the wake of tragedy to be there for each other in an intimate way (The Hole in the Heart) and the consequence of what that has led to will be the next step in their journey, i.e. dealing with a baby (The Change in the Game).

I agree with you. There's TONS of build-up. What I think we were cheated on was seeing THAT MOMENT. What's the point of build-up if we don't even get to see that moment where it all falls together? It only gets hinted at? I agree that the way they got together is probably true, I just wish that we had been allowed to see it. It's what I've been waiting for all these years and then to just...be told, and not shown, is so disappointing to me.

I see your point and I understand that's what you wanted to see. But me, I see it differently. Knowing the character of the two people involved, I guess what I'm saying is that I didn't need to directly see the moment, just knowing the moment happened and to understand probably what happened between them was enough. I could see the moment clearly when Brennan was talking with Angela and smiled. I could see the moment when she looped her arm through Booth at the end of The Hole in the Heart and he smiled. Again in this finale, there were more examples of the moment in their actions with each other and that's what Max picked up on when he smiled knowingly at Booth. Same way Angela did at the end of The Hole in the Heart.

See to me, the moments that you felt needed to be shown directly were shown in all those gestures, smiles, and little actions Booth and Brennan had after that night they were together. I guess I'm more satisfied that it was down in this understated manner that they chose.

To contrast with Hodgins and Angela, I guess I view the two couples as opposite. Angela and Hodgins are all outward passion and have a more visible relationship whereas I see Brennan and Booth as more of inward intimacy and have a more subtle relationship. They've always seemed that way to me. That's why I believe that those little smiles and gestures between Booth and Brennan mean a lot more and say a lot more because of who they are and how they've always acted towards each other.

Just saying...

you really summed up perfectly what I thought of the finale Matt. I thought they did a beautiful job of showing the progression of their relationship. actually "seeing" parts of that nite would have been nice, but, not necessary for me. Their intimacy has always been apparent to me, & lovely how it's progressed. also, the way Brennan seems to have lost her imperviousness was apparent, and Booth's anger seems to have subsided. They've really grown, and have admitted to their feelings for each other. That means more to me than seeing them in bed. I also loved Max in this. He seems to know the change in them, even if they're not telling everybody yet. Should be good in season 7 when they do let people know. I'm looking forward to it very much!

bonebooth

[95]May 20, 2011
    • level: 5

almost forgot, glad to see that " cocky" is back!!

GraciousCat

[96]May 20, 2011
    • level: 2
    I was thinking, maybe they didn't show us much in "The Hole in the Heart" because when they were done writing/filming the episode they still didn't know if they were going to incorporate the real-life pregnancy into the show yet... Just my thought anyway, take it for what it's worth.

Simply-Kay

[97]May 20, 2011

Gerri 08.......that interview with SN answered all my questions about the season finale and what to expect for season 7. I was hoping that they would include Emily's pregnancy into season 7 and I am happy that they are going to include the pregnancy and the relationship with Booth in season 7. Logically most shows like BONES are good for about 5 seasons. I didn't really care for season 6...... However BONES can go out with a "bang" after season 7 by having Booth & Brennan struggle with their differences and solving interesting murders. Making them a couple was the best that HH&SN could have done. Does anyone know when Emily is expecting her baby in real life?????

wildhoney66

[98]May 20, 2011
    • level: 13

ya know, though i wish they had shown them more as a couple that would have been nice. reading your remark on how much they've grown & so on since they admitted their feelings for each other. who knows what went on that we didn't see? i recall an episode in season 3 i think?

where Caroline makes them kiss as a deal for a favor she gave them during the X-mas episode i believe. & it did show them kiss. & the remark she said on how that's how she would kiss her brother was odd well i mean Caroline's remark. cause it was just so short. the scene i mean. than i watched the deleted scene where it was longer & got it. my point is. maybe some scenes were cut for time & pacing & may be on the dvd set? my guess is that they aren't ready to go public with them as a couple if they are offically a couple. yes she's going to have his kid. but i'm just going by what they've shown us on screen not off screen.

it was actually nice NOT to have her remark througout the entire episode about this tribe or that tribe. like she did early in the season. your post also makes me realize that i think they did kinda give us clues that they did sleep together. even if we didn't see them talk together about it. or kiss. for example Booths fast reaction on saying oh she can be my girl friend. & Max having a double take by the surprise on his face.

Max also remarking to Temperance that she doesn't need to act like that when it's just him around. & saying oh i like to stay in character when going undercover. while that may be true. i think this time she was lying to the old man. & though he prolly suspected that much he kept quiet about it. there's also that scene where he goes well you can show each other more affection, my guess he was testing them to see what their reaction would be. & the look on their faces made him even more curious. i think the reason she wasn't blunt about sex like she normally has been in the past. was cause sex really was nothing to her.

but since she's finally accepted the fact that she's in love with booth. she realized it DOES mean something. & isn't so quick to be blunt like she has been in the past. i was waiting for her to say something like oh i told you we would be good in bed at some point.

plus as someone pointed out her clues she did give that i didn't really think about when she was talking about kids. Max's reaction was honey you are undercover. Booth's reaction let's slow down here & think things out. which was why she was terrified of his response. i think it also had her curious on how it would feel & so forth by wanting to be their for Angela. yes she's her best friend but it felt like more than it would have in the past 2 me. they both seemed actually relaxed & even Max noticed it! what you guy's aren't arguing for a change?

neither of them really made a remark about it. & how did booth know Max's bowling team's name? it's a given that he was told by bones the name or he bowled with him in the past. my guess would be bones telling him. i am not sure about that one yet to be honest. in short we were given LOTS Of clues but i didn't think to much about it until i was reading some of the posts here. though i was sketchy when she annouched she was pregnant Booth's grin pretty much changed my mind about it. a LOT of people complain on how the murder has been taking the backseat these days. i think this particular episode it kind of needed to. it's funny that Bones hinting & talking about kids nobody really asked her anything about it.

plus i recall reading an interview not to long ago when someone asked hart hanson i believe his name is or it may have been Stephen Nathan about how bones wanting a baby & how they just forgot about it. they said it would be at some point be brought back but didn't say when. i Do think that Emily D's. real life one was part of that. & i think it's going to interesting to see how they will act next season. i DO hope it shows them telling EVERYONE though. & if they DO flashforward to say September. at LEAST do a flashback where it shows them tell everyone or something like that. what does anyone else think? & sorry about the long ass thread here. i was doing a LOT of thinking in this one. he he

wildhoney66

[99]May 20, 2011
    • level: 13

late summer i think? but i may be wrong about that. when was the finale filmed does anyone know? she really didn't look preggers during last nite's episode but to be fair she prolly was wearing looser clothing.

evil_guru23

[100]May 20, 2011
    • level: 7
    i don't understand what Bones fans want anymore, lol. nuff said.