Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Discussion - 6x23 - The Change in the Game

Geri08

[101]May 20, 2011
    • level: 31
    Simply-Kay wrote:

Gerri 08.......that interview with SN answered all my questions about the season finale and what to expect for season 7. I was hoping that they would include Emily's pregnancy into season 7 and I am happy that they are going to include the pregnancy and the relationship with Booth in season 7. Logically most shows like BONES are good for about 5 seasons. I didn't really care for season 6...... However BONES can go out with a "bang" after season 7 by having Booth & Brennan struggle with their differences and solving interesting murders. Making them a couple was the best that HH&SN could have done. Does anyone know when Emily is expecting her baby in real life?????

I agree...it did answer alot of questions...What I was commenting about was the whole 'moonlighting' thing and how they did not want that! I have memories of SN and HH going 'phhttt' to being asked several times down the years if they were anxious about that...Turns out that they were...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Geri08

[102]May 20, 2011

moustasch1 wrote:
    Why are a lot of people upset over this? It's not like they're a brand new couple who've just met and have started dating to get to know each other. We've actually had a six year courtship going on between Booth and Brennan. This season showed a growth in their relationship and a softening in Brennan's "armor". We knew at the end of the blizzard episode that they were both in agreement that romance was in the cards for them at some point. Besides the bowling thing this episode gave us the ending of the season long pregnancy of Angela and Hodgens which was a major storyline and confirmed what everyone has wanted to see happen for six years. It was a good season ending, not great, but satisfying. I agree that there could have been more shown but everything from the past has led up to what's happened in this episode and I for one am glad they finally got together romantically and can't wait to see what happens next in season 7.

Don't get me wrong...I am glad that they are together too...but not the way they did it here!

Strawberry2011 wrote:
    ...but in the end, I was sad, and disappointed. Six years and that's how we know they're together? And I don't care about not watching the kissing or making love part (although it would be nice after enduring Hannah rubbish!). What I care and feel cheated about is that we didn't see how they got together; I'm sure there was lots of talk and even if they gave us flashbacks we won't see the whole thing. I don't want this to be like the X-Files! And what really pisses me off more is that after waiting 6 years for them to be ready to be together, they're suddenly ready to be parents?! Also, Brennan's "You're the father" was a little bit insulting, really. P.S. We should have known this was coming since The Sign in the Silence "BANG! Mama Bones" scene ..

Lol! Totally agree with you...

Welcome to you both...

Edited on 05/20/2011 2:13pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Geri08

[103]May 20, 2011

TV Top moments...

http://www.tvguide.com/News/TopMoments-Good-Wife-Bones-1033347.aspx

lrigD

[104]May 20, 2011
    • level: 8
    Well... Wow.

I actually knew she was pregnant before I saw the episode (partly due to my own curiosity and partly because of spoilers where they weren't supposed to be, and one sneak peek also made me think). After THitH, I didn't want them to have had sex together. It seemed very out of character, at least for Booth. I thought they'd had a good talk, decided to try it. Not actual sex... And, like many, I feel cheated. I don't need to see an actual sex scene, but it would've been nice to see a little more intimacy. Maybe similar to the dream sequence; that was nice and tastefully done, without being too explicit. Throughout the episode, there were little things hinting towards Brennan's pregnancy... Brennan telling Angela 'she finds it hard to think about anything else', Brennan's look at times, the way Brennan reacts to that bowling girl, the fact that her questions for Angela seemed partly a way to prepare herself...

Anyway, at the very end, when I saw Booth's smile, I was okay with it. Call me a woman (which wouldn't be the worst thing to be called), but that smile just made everything okay. I still wish we would've seen their relationship progress more. And I have no idea what this means for the show - I mean, one baby born, one baby on the way between four main cast members? How are they going to solve cases? I'm both excited and apprehensive... But right now, I'm mostly completely in love with Booth's smile. ^^

Oh, and by the way, Angela and Hodgins were ADORABLE. Particularly Hodgins. He was so damn cute!

Geri08

[105]May 20, 2011
    lrigD wrote:
    Oh, and by the way, Angela and Hodgins were ADORABLE. Particularly Hodgins. He was so damn cute!

Totally agree!

Dakotagirl823

[106]May 20, 2011
    • level: 23
    Not one of my favorite episodes but the scenes with Angela and Hodgins more than made my night. I didn't need to read any spoilers to know that Bones was going to be pregnant. I found the ending quite ambiguous and I share in the belief that it will all be a dream. However, I thought it was strange that Bones would have to say to Booth, "You're the father." Did anyone else pick up on that? I really don't believe that she distroyed Booth's sperm and she may have been trying IF to get pregnant with no success. If she did sleep with Booth (highly possible)and/or if she decided to use Booth's sperm, then it would be logical the say, "you're the father."

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to season 7.

Chelle1982

[107]May 20, 2011
    • level: 3

Dakotagirl823 wrote:
    Not one of my favorite episodes but the scenes with Angela and Hodgins more than made my night. I didn't need to read any spoilers to know that Bones was going to be pregnant. I found the ending quite ambiguous and I share in the belief that it will all be a dream. However, I thought it was strange that Bones would have to say to Booth, "You're the father." Did anyone else pick up on that? I really don't believe that she distroyed Booth's sperm and she may have been trying IF to get pregnant with no success. If she did sleep with Booth (highly possible)and/or if she decided to use Booth's sperm, then it would be logical the say, "you're the father." Anyway, I'm really looking forward to season 7.

Check out this interview with Stephen Nathan! It answers all the questions you posted above! =)

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/bones-finale-post-mortem-booth-brennan/

Chelle1982

[108]May 20, 2011
    • level: 3

So, I want to throw this out there since several people now have mentioned it...I was slightly weirded out with the "You're the father" statement as well. My thought about that after watching the scene again is that the writers put that line in to clear up any speculation the viewers may have had. In my opinion, if Bones had just said "I'm pregnant" I most likely would have thought, Oh crap who's baby is it? Did they sleep together? Because we didn't know for a fact they had slept together. Maybe it was just the writers way of saying yes they slept together in a very Bones like factual way. Plus it set up for that AMAZING Booth smile, which I know I will be dreaming about, for the summer!

So, even though I suppose they could have done that slightly better and it bothered me at first, I think I'm ok with it now....What is everyone elses opinion?

Edited on 05/20/2011 5:20pm

Nat6386

[109]May 20, 2011
    • level: 14
    janieee wrote:
    Nat6386 wrote:

THe only way this is redeemable is if we are taken back a couple of seasons to when Brennan wanted a child and she actually went about NOW through IVF, otherwise, im so annoyed and angry, cant believe i waited that long for that!

agree with the annoyance! but i don't think the IVF thing would ever actually happen..booth would never agree! not after everything that has happened since season 4..and even back then - he has to be the dad! not the bystander

yeah good point, booth wouldnt do it, BUT IM JUST SO ANNOYED!!! ehhhhhh total copout!

Nat6386

[110]May 20, 2011

Geri08 wrote:
    Strawberry2011 wrote:

...but in the end, I was sad, and disappointed. Six years and that's how we know they're together? And I don't care about not watching the kissing or making love part (although it would be nice after enduring Hannah rubbish!). What I care and feel cheated about is that we didn't see how they got together; I'm sure there was lots of talk and even if they gave us flashbacks we won't see the whole thing. I don't want this to be like the X-Files! And what really pisses me off more is that after waiting 6 years for them to be ready to be together, they're suddenly ready to be parents?! Also, Brennan's "You're the father" was a little bit insulting, really. P.S. We should have known this was coming since The Sign in the Silence "BANG! Mama Bones" scene ..

Welcome to you both...

Completely agree! and anyone who says it was so good to see them like this, is just lying to themselves! We ALL waited to see how they got together....pfffttt HH wrong move!

bonebooth

[111]May 20, 2011
    • level: 5

I was wondering if anyone here knows the name & artist who was singing at the end of the episode. Usually, it will say something under the episodes, but I couldn't find anything. I like to sing & play guitar, thought it would be a pretty song to try. Any help on that would be appreciated! Thanks! Linda

bonebooth

[112]May 20, 2011
    • level: 5

I kind of stated that wrong, sorry! I meant to say the name of the song & the artist who was performing it. that sounds better!

BarryWeen3

[113]May 20, 2011

Nat6386 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:
    Strawberry2011 wrote:

Welcome to you both...

Completely agree! and anyone who says it was so good to see them like this, is just lying to themselves! We ALL waited to see how they got together....pfffttt HH wrong move!

I know you're miffed and angry at what you think you were cheated out of. But please don't make blanket statments that anyone who enjoyed the last two episodes are lying to themselves. We all wanted to see them together, we all don't agree on how we wanted to see that play out.

I for one think how it played out fits with the characters of these two people and I've made several posts explaining why. So while I understand why you feel cheated out of what how you think this relationshp should have progressed, don't call me a liar if I feel the opposite.

This debate between those that hated how their relationship played out in these last two episodes and those that found it fitting is probably exactly what HH and SN meant about the finale being talked about over the summer...

Edited on 05/20/2011 8:02pm

wildhoney66

[114]May 20, 2011
    • level: 13

i dunno, i think they say who it is on the IMDB boards? also i myself prefer "Billy Joel's" version that he released in (1997)

wildhoney66

[115]May 20, 2011
    • level: 13

my favorite comment from a producer of one of my shows is from the dude who created "Castle" he said on how fans will go nuts or something along the lines of that. now that i think about it, i forget what his actual comment was but what i DO remember is him making a remark on how he's going to go off twitter until the fall because of the backlash he knows he'll be getting. & i hate to say it but he's prolly right.

i read the interview that was posted on "EW" & they asked him how much time had passed between last week's episode & this week's & he said about a month or so. which makes sense that if they slept together in last week's episode than if it's a a month later or so. they prolly are still sleeping together. ya know what it's strange to be saying that after all these years of having these to well wanting them to hook up.

the order of which is happened is what pisses a lot of people off more so than it happend i think. he also said it wasn't a dream which i was hoping it wasn't. i also had a feeling it wasn't cause he by now has heard a LOT of fans getting pissed off that season 4 wasn't it? being a dream episode. the finale i of course mean. my guess is what they will do before Emily D. takes time off is film scenes for certain episodes. kinda like how on Grey's. they just wrote in a story for Meredith giving a kidney i believe to her father. & had basically all her scenes in a hospital bed.& she wasn't the center of the show like she normally is. maybe that's how they may do it?

or something simliar anyways. now since bones is preggers we need to have Russ come back. after all he hasn't been on the show since season 3 wasn't it?

Princess_Pinky

[116]May 20, 2011
    • level: 11

KML89 wrote:

Clearly... But I wasn´t even sure if they had actually had sex together... Since she´s always so literal about what she says; like "I got in bed with Booth".

But there's also a time jump between the last episode and this episode. Canonically speaking, at least two weeks (they could've had sex after that nightand then she missed her period and decided to book a doctor's visit to be sure), and then if you read the post-episode interviews with HH (I think, it could be someone else) he says there's about a month jump in between. It's never explicitly stated when they had sex. It could've just as easily been that when she "got into bed with Booth," they didn't have sex, but that they decided to become a couple, and then during the timejump in between episodes, they did have sex. Obviously something significant about their relationship happened that night, but I like that it's left ambiguous, because I prefer the idea that they didn't have sex that specific night, but instead became a couple, and then had sex soon after that resulted in the pregnancy.

Shary2389

[117]May 20, 2011
    • level: 2

Well I kinda saw it coming: Emily's real pregnancy (what will they do with her belly?) and all the advances last episode. Even tho I was so excited when she said it out loud, (I even shed a tear to be honest) I am not satisfied that after 6 years of waiting for them to be together we only got crumbles; I wanted to see them together!!! (not in a voyeuristic way but I think you get what I mean )

melindakw

[119]May 20, 2011
    • level: 10
    Adele...sang "make you feel my love"

grissomsidle

[120]May 21, 2011
    • level: 17

I loved the episode. I am also in love with Booth and Brennan having a baby. I honestly don't have problem with the route they took. We really have been seeing them have couple moments throughout the years. Sure, they weren't an official couple but they had a lot of cute and sweet moments. As well, they've had their moments where they've disagreed and had to work through it. I think we have a whole lot of possibilities going into next season on what can be done and how HH and SN can show B&B's relationship. I believe I read somewhere (maybe Leila's blog) that she pointed out for them to just get together it really wouldn't be much different than before except that they are making love (also a Baby ). I understand that so many fans feel gyped because they didn't get to see them sleep together. Me I am good with it. I haven't been waiting six years just for the sex. I've been waiting for them to become a couple officially. To see them have a baby even. Okay, so not six years for the last thing. Ever since The Critic in the Cabernet when Brennan said she wanted a baby and decided she specifically wanted the baby to be Booth's. I want to so much see them deal with this baby stuff.

When I say I've been waiting for them to officially become a couple I mean them being together and acknowledging that they are in fact a couple. I don't know. I do know that Booth and Brennan are not your conventional couple and tend to do things in their own order and their own way. We so often let our own expectations get in the way of the story that's being told instead of just paying attention and going with the story. I know some couldn't do that and some have felt that the story's flow was so off and not even realistic that they left. That's fine. Sorry, little bit of a tangent.

I loved the Angela and Hodgins bits. Undercover episodes are always a win for me. Translation: I really really love this episode. I get it that not everyone does and not everyone is in love with the direction they have taken with Booth and Brennan. For me this matters not at all. Like I said I am in love with the whole them having a baby. I would love for the baby to be a girl and can't wait to see what storylines they will bring us next season.

Now, that I have said a lot. Or I feel like more than usual here. I am going to take my leave.

On one last note:

There's going to be a Booth and Bones Baby