Official Discussion - 6x23 - The Change in the Game

grissomsidle

[121]May 21, 2011
    • level: 17

BarryWeen3 wrote:

Nat6386 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:
    Strawberry2011 wrote:

...but in the end, I was sad, and disappointed. Six years and that's how we know they're together? And I don't care about not watching the kissing or making love part (although it would be nice after enduring Hannah rubbish!). What I care and feel cheated about is that we didn't see how they got together; I'm sure there was lots of talk and even if they gave us flashbacks we won't see the whole thing. I don't want this to be like the X-Files! And what really pisses me off more is that after waiting 6 years for them to be ready to be together, they're suddenly ready to be parents?! Also, Brennan's "You're the father" was a little bit insulting, really. P.S. We should have known this was coming since The Sign in the Silence "BANG! Mama Bones" scene ..

Lol! Totally agree with you...

Welcome to you both...

Completely agree! and anyone who says it was so good to see them like this, is just lying to themselves! We ALL waited to see how they got together....pfffttt HH wrong move!

I know you're miffed and angry at what you think you were cheated out of. But please don't make blanket statments that anyone who enjoyed the last two episodes are lying to themselves. We all wanted to see them together, we all don't agree on how we wanted to see that play out.

I for one think how it played out fits with the characters of these two people and I've made several posts explaining why. So while I understand why you feel cheated out of what how you think this relationshp should have progressed, don't call me a liar if I feel the opposite.

This debate between those that hated how their relationship played out in these last two episodes and those that found it fitting is probably exactly what HH and SN meant about the finale being talked about over the summer...

Again, This^ I agree with you so much, Matt. It's not even funny.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wildhoney66

[122]May 21, 2011
    • level: 13

ayuh that's who it was. i still prefer "Billy Joel's Version" his voice i think better suits it but than maybe that's just me? he he. anyways, though the case itself wasn't that great. i honestly don't care this time around about the case. i just have to ask one thing which nobody here has asked yet,

where in the hell did they find these kids in this episode? they were the WORST freaking actors i've seen on any tv show in quite awhile. i of course have seen far worse but i'm just saying. anyways if next season isn't the last one than that actaully means that "Hart Hanson" changed his mind on getting them together before the show's LAST FREAKING SEASON! which is a miracle in itself.

but as for season finales this season for show's i love. "Castle" was FANTASTIC & so was "The Mentalist" as well. this one wasn't the best one they've done so far. but it wasn't the worst episode either. i hope we get more of Max & bring back "Russ" next season as well. since i believe he isn't on the run anymore. "H.H." said in that interview the show will be starting back up my guess a few months later like they normally would do that. but i still say they should do at least a reasonable length of a scene where it shows bones & Booth telling everyone about their news.

though "Angela" won't be as surprised about them being together since it shows Bones telling her. she i'm sure as everyone else will be surprised on her being knocked up. it's also nice to hear that it takes place like a month or so later than just a week later. that i like cause you can tell in this episode they are closer than last week's. & it makes sense as well cause we all know that bones doesn't open up unless she feels comfy or something along the lines of that. the reason i say that was cause i think it's a LOT better that it take a month or so later even IF

we don't see it. than have it say be a one nite stand. cause they never did say offically they are a couple. not that with these 2 it would be.

i agree though with i forget whoever said that the writers put in the your'e the father part to let us fans know who the father is rather than drag it out for a change. i hope next season is a VAST improvement over how this one started! it's going to be i think interesting. i DO hope though the entire show doesn't shift to just them though. i'm curious on how they are going to handle it. i don't mean the characters i am of course curious to see that. but the writers. we really haven't seen much of "bones" in a relationship in the past. yes she was with that one dude in i believe season 2. & i forget who else if anyone. but on how much she's grown lately i think it's going to be interesting

to see how she reacts to be in a serious relationship. ya know?

BarryWeen3

[123]May 21, 2011
    • level: 14

wildhoney66 wrote:

i agree though with i forget whoever said that the writers put in the your'e the father part to let us fans know who the father is rather than drag it out for a change. i hope next season is a VAST improvement over how this one started! it's going to be i think interesting. i DO hope though the entire show doesn't shift to just them though. i'm curious on how they are going to handle it. i don't mean the characters i am of course curious to see that. but the writers. we really haven't seen much of "bones" in a relationship in the past. yes she was with that one dude in i believe season 2. & i forget who else if anyone. but on how much she's grown lately i think it's going to be interesting

to see how she reacts to be in a serious relationship. ya know?

Let's see, she had the ex-boyfriend that showed up in her apartment in the pilot episode. She had that affair with her thesis advisor. There was Sully. There was the guy she met online. There was Hacker, Booth's boss. She briefly considered going out with Jared. There was the time she was dating two guys at once. Can't think of anyone else. After (and whenever) the relationship with Hacker ended, I don't think she's been with anyone else. And I really would only count Sully as the last serious relationship she had though.

Chloe88Bones

[124]May 21, 2011
    • level: 3

ok...ive had time to rewatch and digest the information my brain has been given.

I agree that Booth and Brennan have been in a relationship of sorts, for the past 6 years. Theres no denying that, there have just been obsticles in the way and finally in the last few episodes of this season they have decided that they cant keep trying to get away from each other and have finally decided to get together.

I understand that because Emily Deschanel is infact pregnant in real life there is no way she is going to want to shoot bedroom scences in her current condition. Thats fine and totally acceptable however I personally wish we could have a kiss. For example, when they are in bed and he is cuddling her he could have kissed her or vice versa and then it cuts off from there. No need to see the deed and would still leave you guessing did they or didnt they? Another example, after brennan had told booth she was pregnant they could have embraced. I noticed that after booth smiled (and what a lovely heart melting smile that wasSmile) and she smiled back it cut off before anything else happened...so i suppose anything could have happend, he could have kissed her, or they could have hugged...any thing but they just left us hanging...yet again.

Im happy they are together and after some doubts im happy she is pregnant. I cant wait to see what happens in season 7 I thinks its going to completely change the show and that needs to be done. For six years weve been waiting for them to get together but i never really thought of what would happen after, this is certainly going to make things interesting Laughing

Princess_Pinky

[125]May 21, 2011
    • level: 11

Chloe88Bones wrote:
    I understand that because Emily Deschanel is infact pregnant in real life there is no way she is going to want to shoot bedroom scences in her current condition. Thats fine and totally acceptable however I personally wish we could have a kiss. For example, when they are in bed and he is cuddling her he could have kissed her or vice versa and then it cuts off from there. No need to see the deed and would still leave you guessing did they or didnt they? Another example, after brennan had told booth she was pregnant they could have embraced. I noticed that after booth smiled (and what a lovely heart melting smile that wasSmile) and she smiled back it cut off before anything else happened...so i suppose anything could have happend, he could have kissed her, or they could have hugged...any thing but they just left us hanging...yet again.

I do agree, I wish we could've gotten a kiss too. But I completely respect the fact that we didn't have any sex scenes. I know people wanted it, but we also need to think of Emily here. I'm sure once the babies (fictional and real) are born, then we'll get our long awaited romance scene, but it's not fair to demand that of her right now.

Edited on 05/21/2011 4:18am
    Edited 2 total times.

wriwnas

[126]May 21, 2011
    Not really! since it was announced than Emily Deschanel is pregnant and after watching 6X22... it was what i was expecting and wishing for!!!

raindog10

[127]May 21, 2011
    • level: 1

did anyone mention, what a nice tribute this was to 'The Big Lebowski'?

anneso129

[128]May 21, 2011

I totally agree with you. And I think it could be the best way for them to deal with ED pregnancy.

FoxPhile

[129]May 21, 2011
    • level: 8

After The Hole in the Heart, I was convinced they didn't have sex that night, but did move their relationship forward. And having moved forward, I now believe they might have had sex when they woke up the next morning, after the grief had a chance to subside a bit. Or perhaps later that day. I do now believe that is what Bones confessed to Angela. Granted, it may have been only a couple hours later, but still. I just don't see Booth jumping from comforting to sex, it's not in his nature. And if Bones had been the instigator, I believe Booth would have gently but firmly kept things under control until, out from under the influence of emotions she is not used to dealing with, Bones was better able to make a rational decision. And this is not all nobility on Booth's part. After everything he has been through with Bones, he absolutely will not risk his future with her by allowing something to happen that she may regret later, thus sabotaging the relationship. After all her hesitation, and his own, he knows that her recent change of heart where he is concerned is based on a very fragile emotional growth on her part. And that could so easily be shattered.

I also originally was against the idea of Brennan becoming pregnant as a result of this. But I now have to confess, I think I've watched the ending of 6x23 at least 20 times, so I obviously like the way it was handled. Unlike many others, while I would love to see more personal moments between B&B and see all the details oftheir budding acknowledgement of the relationship that has been there for so long, I appreciate that the writers, HH and SN are still keeping us guessing and wondering and thinking about this. After all, that's part of the fun, isn't it? To paraphrase SN in his interview, if you want to see how this baby was conceived, find yourself an adult movie to watch. I also think what we have seen between them is totally in character. The telling glances and communicative eye contact are classic B&B. Neither of them is comfortable with public displays of affection, even on a darkened, deserted street at night. The hugs and kisses, along with more intimate contact,are reserved for the privacy of their personal residences. If anything, I imagine we'll see even less physical contact, as they will be trying very hard to maintain professional contact while they are working, which is, after all, the bulk of what we do and should see on this show. It is, after all, a crime drama not a soap opera.

I also see where the pregnancy and the baby is just the catalyst these two need to catapult them forward on a path they might never have otherwise embarked upon. For himself, knowing Bones, Booth might never push the relationship past what he believes to be her comfort level. For the sake of his child and his role as father, he'll be willing to push more. Similarly, Bones' sense of fairness and ethics may compel her to compromise her own position on marriage, and possibly even religion, in order to grant Booth his rights as a father. And of course, being the shipper that I am, I believe that while their love for each other might not, in itself, be enough to allow them the compromises to their individual characters that are necessary to establish a lasting relationship, that love, combined with their love for and responsibility to this child, will boost their committment and theirwillingness to bend.

Hirundine

[130]May 21, 2011
    • level: 26
    To be fair we did get to see them kiss; an undercover smooch on the cheek, granted, but how many times has *that* happened before?

Chloe88Bones

[131]May 21, 2011

Hirundine wrote:
    To be fair we did get to see them kiss; an undercover smooch on the cheek, granted, but how many times has *that* happened before?

lol! very true Smile

Im sure we will get some really cute scenes in season 7 that will make our hearts explode without them even needing to kiss!

bonebooth

[132]May 21, 2011
    • level: 5
    melindakw wrote:
    Adele...sang "make you feel my love"

Thanks for letting me know!

elle_elle213

[133]May 21, 2011
    • level: 4

Chloe88Bones wrote:

ok...ive had time to rewatch and digest the information my brain has been given.

I agree that Booth and Brennan have been in a relationship of sorts, for the past 6 years. Theres no denying that, there have just been obsticles in the way and finally in the last few episodes of this season they have decided that they cant keep trying to get away from each other and have finally decided to get together.

Im happy they are together and after some doubts im happy she is pregnant. I cant wait to see what happens in season 7 I thinks its going to completely change the show and that needs to be done. For six years weve been waiting for them to get together but i never really thought of what would happen after, this is certainly going to make things interesting Laughing

I think that's why a lot of fans are disappointed. While I can see how this "bombshell" would bring us back to see more next season, I think we feel shortchanged because of the way the season began. HH knew how fans reacted to Hannah. Would a kiss or an embrace somewhere between HITH and CITG been so bad?

I understand that we watched them in a relationship of sorts for six seasons, but we watched with the mindset that we were waiting for it to be official, with the idea that they were together, but weren't together. So for it to finally happen without us seeing or knowing...well what's the point of that? If we wanted to use our imaginations and see a great BB scene we have plenty of excellent fanfiction for that, some of which is better than the show.

That said, I love this show. I will watch it to the very end, just as I did the X-Files. I am excited to see a new season start with Booth and Brennan going down this new path together, because at least we know Booth won't get abducted by aliens and disappear through the entire pregnancy and go into hiding after the baby is born.

Strawberry2011

[135]May 21, 2011
    • level: 1

elle_elle213 wrote:

I understand that we watched them in a relationship of sorts for six seasons, but we watched with the mindset that we were waiting for it to be official, with the idea that they were together, but weren't together. So for it to finally happen without us seeing or knowing...well what's the point of that? If we wanted to use our imaginations and see a great BB scene we have plenty of excellent fanfiction for that, some of which is better than the show.

That said, I love this show. I will watch it to the very end, just as I did the X-Files. I am excited to see a new season start with Booth and Brennan going down this new path together, because at least we know Booth won't get abducted by aliens and disappear through the entire pregnancy and go into hiding after the baby is born.

I totally agree with you ! People say that we've seen lots of B&B moments before, and it's true, but to THEM they weren't a couple yet. Now they are, and we wanted to see some of it before we jump to a pregnancy. But I'll guess we'll take what we can get, although I'm still pissed off lol :p !!

And LOL st the X-Files reference and Booth not being abducted xD ! My first reaction after the last scene of the finale was "Hart Hanson has decided to go X-Files-ish" !!

Edited on 05/21/2011 10:39am

Chloe88Bones

[136]May 21, 2011

elle_elle213 wrote:

Chloe88Bones wrote:

I think that's why a lot of fans are disappointed. While I can see how this "bombshell" would bring us back to see more next season, I think we feel shortchanged because of the way the season began. HH knew how fans reacted to Hannah. Would a kiss or an embrace somewhere between HITH and CITG been so bad?

I completly agreeand Ive accepted it and moved on...lets be honest theres not a lotwe can do about it! LaughingLaughing

I too will watch it to the end and keep my fingers crossed that there will be no pregnancy related alien abductions.....although it would give Hodgins something to do! hahaha Laughing

wildhoney66

[137]May 21, 2011
    • level: 13

thank you i was actaully reffering to Sully i just couldn't remember his name. yes the show has shown bones date different men. but other than booth of course, Sully was the ONLY one she really cared about. & you could tell how hurt she was when he left her. booth's boss as much as i like that character cause i'm fan of the actor ever since his "Drew Carey" days

never really felt like a relationship to me. yes they dated. but it always felt to me it was a relationship of convience at least on bones part. sorry for my spelling here though. his reaction was always LOOK WHAT I GOT! a good looking woman. so that's why i don't count him. we've seen booth date women seriously a couple of times. other than Hannah. so we know how serious he takes them. not that

Bones won't take it serious there's no doubt in my mind she will. but other than Booth & Sully her heart just with the other guys she dated.

anyways. i think that was the intention perhaps? them not kissing in public well other than a peck on the cheek i mean. cause if booth is comfy with it. perhaps bones isn't ? at least not yet. we all know it takes her times to adjust & accept things. well they were on a public street so that is public. even if nobody was around this is just of course just a guess of mine.

BarryWeen3

[138]May 21, 2011

wildhoney66 wrote:

thank you i was actaully reffering to Sully i just couldn't remember his name. yes the show has shown bones date different men. but other than booth of course, Sully was the ONLY one she really cared about. & you could tell how hurt she was when he left her. booth's boss as much as i like that character cause i'm fan of the actor ever since his "Drew Carey" days

never really felt like a relationship to me. yes they dated. but it always felt to me it was a relationship of convience at least on bones part. sorry for my spelling here though. his reaction was always LOOK WHAT I GOT! a good looking woman. so that's why i don't count him. we've seen booth date women seriously a couple of times. other than Hannah. so we know how serious he takes them. not that

Bones won't take it serious there's no doubt in my mind she will. but other than Booth & Sully her heart just with the other guys she dated.

anyways. i think that was the intention perhaps? them not kissing in public well other than a peck on the cheek i mean. cause if booth is comfy with it. perhaps bones isn't ? at least not yet. we all know it takes her times to adjust & accept things. well they were on a public street so that is public. even if nobody was around this is just of course just a guess of mine.

Well it's like I stated earlier, you can contrast Booth and Brennan with Hodgins and Angela. Hodgins and Angela are very outwardly passionate and easily express their love for one another through action whereas Booth and Brennan are more inwardly intimate and express their love for one another through body language and gestures.

Hence why Brennan's smile to Angela when Angela asked about what happened in The Hole in the Heart said to me that they slept together as well as the gesture of Brennan's at the end of the episode hooking her arm with Booth said explicitly that they were a couple. It's the same thing that Max picked up on when he met Booth and Brennan in the diner and why Max knowingly smiled later on in the bowling alley after observing the two of them.

Geri08

[139]May 21, 2011
    • level: 31
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

wildhoney66 wrote:

Well it's like I stated earlier, you can contrast Booth and Brennan with Hodgins and Angela. Hodgins and Angela are very outwardly passionate and easily express their love for one another through action whereas Booth and Brennan are more inwardly intimate and express their love for one another through body language and gestures.

Hence why Brennan's smile to Angela when Angela asked about what happened in The Hole in the Heart said to me that they slept together as well as the gesture of Brennan's at the end of the episode hooking her arm with Booth said explicitly that they were a couple. It's the same thing that Max picked up on when he met Booth and Brennan in the diner and why Max knowingly smiled later on in the bowling alley after observing the two of them.

Hand on your heart Matt...it could have gone 50/50...as was intended by SN and HH...They wanted people to have their doubts...They wanted people to wonder if they did or if they did not! I have to say that the majority of Bones fans I know opted for the fact that they did not sleep together (make love) that night, but that they more than likely did after the end of the episode...You also have to admit that the 'signs' were greater in the final that they had begun a sexual relationship...I mean a blind man could see the signs with them right from the start of the epi...we, the fans were seeing it all through Max's eyes...also the dialogue was a dead give-away...

coringax

[140]May 21, 2011
    • level: 2

All I was hoping for