OFFICIAL DISCUSSION 7 x 13 - The Past in the Present

Geri08

[21]May 15, 2012
    • level: 31

GMMR...

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2012/05/15/bones-season-finale-recap-the-past-in-the-present/

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sp3kkie

[22]May 15, 2012
    • level: 7
    Actually Bones didn't know for certain he did or did not break in. However, she would have known about the hair in the trunk of her car. That would mean he broke into that. She would know it could only happen in a couple of places and if he could pull that off he could certainly break into their house. Therefor taking Christine would be a smart move. Cause Booth can use all his time to clear here. Also he only has to take care of himself in a dangerous situation. And also, as said earlier, she would not have abandon her child like her father did.

Offcourse Booth would be mad, but he would forgive her.

Sp3kkie

[23]May 15, 2012
    • level: 7

Also there is one thing that concerns me. I think a judge should realize someone as brilliant as Brennan would never leave this much evidence that points to here. In the past she said she could kill someone without a trace. So one single mistake I could believe. But this case is just way to perfect. They should see that. There is not a single bit of evidence that could raise any doubt. Not possible for a brilliant woman like Bones

DougClark2

[24]May 15, 2012
    • level: 3

hobs202 wrote:

DougClark2 wrote:

Well... Let's see. For starters, Pellant BROKE INTO THEIR HOUSE AND GOT INTO CHRISTINE'S ROOM. Who WOULDN'T want to take their baby and run if that happened?

Bone's had absolutely no idea anybody broke into her house so it couldn't possibly have been any motivation for her to take her baby with her. In addition, he broke in when nobody was there is another key detail.

Which sounds more secure to you, living on the run from cheap motel to cheap motel or at home with her special agent, army sniper father and his assortment of military and police friends?

Believe it or not, the first option actually sounds better in this case. I don't know how to explain it, but it just seems better.

Anyway, I think the reason why Brennan took Christine with her is because she didn't want to do what Max did and run out of her daughter's life - even if it was to protect her.

I'm always in favour of being with the parent who isn't a fugitive on the run so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree

As for your theory of Bones taking her daughter because she didn't want to repeat history with Max...well...that's EXACTLY what she did. She ripped a father from her daughter. If this is just short term, keep the kid in a safe and stable environment. If it's long term, do what's best for the kid and keep her in a safe and stable environment

Until I see otherwise, Bones was looking out for Bones AGAIN. Don't what she wants, rationalized by that socially stunted brain of hers and completely oblivious to everybody around her

protonefrid

[25]May 15, 2012
    • level: 8

i didn't mind the way they got together as much as the lack of affection... after all if we think about it, people start shipping couples because of small gestures between the characters (that writers, directors and actors cleverly insert in the story) like a slightly brighter smile, a certain type of look, an unnecessary touch or some words with double meaning that make us think "what if" even though there's nothing going on between the characters. And this is what was missing from this season (the little things). they gave it a try in the first episode but the kisses were very awkward and forced so i guess they gave it up all together... a little bit of affection wouldn't have hurt.

But i'm pleased to notice that the chemistry is slowly coming back...or at least so it seemed to me in the last 3 or 4 episodes. even if just for a brief moment you can see that they feel good being next to each other and they want to be together, so i have hope for the next season, especially with this new main vilan

pilo14

[26]May 15, 2012
    • level: 11
    sasilik wrote:

CrazyAsian1080 wrote:

I hate Pelant for the same reason I hate Anson from Burn Notice. They just come off too perfect. When shows/comics/movies let that happen the only real way for the good guys to win is by some randomdeus ex machina which is never satisfying. Granted the good guys need a villain they cannot instantly beat, but Pelant just rubs me the wrong way (not entirely sure if it's because the writers/actor are really good or I just really hate the omnipresent villainarchetype). I really hope he ends up killing himself in some completely idiotic way.

I concur, Pelant isn't just too perfect but hyper-super-overly-impossibly perfect. What rubs me the wrong way is his" overwriting the security video with Brennan image and doing whatever he wishes just using the books stripe or whatever codes they are using at library". It kind of goes beyond the absurd.

I think the book codes were just to override the anklemonitor software so he could go as he pleases.

anaguba

[27]May 15, 2012
    • level: 4

It is very clear for me. Bones is a mother that is breastfeeding a baby. In that situation a child cannot be far from the mum

ltcomstella

[28]May 15, 2012
    • level: 18

i Liked this finalle but my bullshit detector blew up....

1. pelant being under house arrest but is the prime suspect in a ongoing investigation ISN'T BEING WATCHED ?

2. pelant is Supposedly not allowed anyform of technology, has a huge assortment of electronics ??!

3. pelant orders all the books/movies and no one thinks hmm thats ALOT ?

4.brennan being on security video surely theres some paper work saying she signed in / out ? 2 weeks ago ?

5. the hair sample could easily of been tracked in when brennan visited the guy and put her coat in the trunk,, but why leave a hair and not blood ?

6.if brennan did turn her self in how would it be so bad ? she can defend her self she will ultimately be a model prisoner (house copy paste job )

7. so with everything that was going on why didn't booth post some guys on his house ? incase pelant come over ?

8. the clock switcharoo a bomb seems too obvious maybe an electric shocker ? or the camera / sound bug or it's something to drive them crazy..

9.do houses have alarms in america ?

so in a nut shell

WHAT THE ACTUALL F@@k ?

also i agree with others about the uber bad guy being annoying to watch like anson in burn notice, for all the times we the viewer see the bad guy 'winning' followed by the good guys floundering like clowns to me it's an annoying and fustraiting form of tv...

Geri08

[29]May 15, 2012

Another one from Buddy TV...

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/bones/bones-season-7-finale-7-burnin-45680.aspx

Geri08

[30]May 15, 2012

And following that, this one, from TVLine answers a few of those questions....Spoilers Ahead guys...only read if you want to be spoiled...

http://tvline.com/2012/05/15/bones-season-8-spoilers/

Edited on 05/15/2012 3:49pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Geri08

[31]May 15, 2012

Ratings...

http://is.gd/ZK2W5L

wildhoney66

[32]May 15, 2012
    • level: 13

well 1st of all i don't consider her running to be her thinking of only herself. i think it makes sense that in her mind which are different than ours mind you. smart or not. in her mind she doesn't want to leave her behind like her parents did to her. if you recall when her parents left, they left her alone with her brother. speaking of where the hell is Russ? we havent' seen him since what season 3 or season 4? season 3 i believe.

he doesn't even get mentioned anymore. or is he like the Chuck from Happy Days or the Judy from "Family Matters' that went up in her room yet we never heard from her again. i dunno just guessing on that. anyways. i think yes in her mind that is what she would be doing. if she had left her with Booth. & i think he understands that too. even if he was pissed rightly so. but i also think it wasn't selfless either. i have to agree with Hart on this one. she did it so it'll keep him out of the system. we know she's coming back. i do agree that this time running was the smart idea. even though it is also kind of stupid, i'm not denying that. but i do get that if she did turn herself in that i forget how ya spell his name sorry.

can do whatever ya he wants to her. weather it's in a private prison or a REAL BAD ONE! he also could make sure she gets the death penatly for a crime she didn't commit. i think if you are smart enough you prolly could change video like that. i dunno if it's possible. the books do make sense if

it was to learn how to take off his anklet. if he's that smart i think he does find a way to take it off without anyone knowing he did. it is possible after all. it's just very difficult that's all. & as for her taking the baby. i agree she didn't know he got into her house. but i'm sure the thought did cross her mind that if he could do all this. that at some point he could do maybe something to christine. which i think he could. so she took her with her. honestly i didn't expect her to do that. i was pretty shocked. & well that & that she went to the church as well. even though it isn't her thing.& i think also that it was nice to clear the air with him about why she's with him. no he didn't ask for her to say it.

but it also lets us fans know that she isn't there just cause they had a kid together. i do agree though that the writing for them as a couple is getting better. i do think she trusts booth. as for the babysitter thing. i dunno i don't have kids so but i have heard parents can be like that.

i think it's more believable with them having their ups & downs than if they just stuck them together. & everything was all right. also thanxs for the info on the 4 episodes. from an interview i read either last night or when i got home from work i forget which? they i think are going to add it on into next season. & it's going to pick up 3 or 4 months later. which i can live with. they always do that anyways so it's NOT a big deal.

i have good hopes for season 8 to be honest. i think the writing will be even better writing them as a couple than it was this season. since they have more experience by now. anyone agree or disagree?

OhMandy

[33]May 16, 2012
    • level: 5

ltcomstella wrote:

i Liked this finalle but my bullshit detector blew up....

1. pelant being under house arrest but is the prime suspect in a ongoing investigation ISN'T BEING WATCHED ?

2. pelant is Supposedly not allowed anyform of technology, has a huge assortment of electronics ??!

3. pelant orders all the books/movies and no one thinks hmm thats ALOT ?

4.brennan being on security video surely theres some paper work saying she signed in / out ? 2 weeks ago ?

5. the hair sample could easily of been tracked in when brennan visited the guy and put her coat in the trunk,, but why leave a hair and not blood ?

6.if brennan did turn her self in how would it be so bad ? she can defend her self she will ultimately be a model prisoner (house copy paste job )

7. so with everything that was going on why didn't booth post some guys on his house ? incase pelant come over ?

8. the clock switcharoo a bomb seems too obvious maybe an electric shocker ? or the camera / sound bug or it's something to drive them crazy..

9.do houses have alarms in america ?

so in a nut shell

WHAT THE ACTUALL F@@k ?

also i agree with others about the uber bad guy being annoying to watch like anson in burn notice, for all the times we the viewer see the bad guy 'winning' followed by the good guys floundering like clowns to me it's an annoying and fustraiting form of tv...

Yeah, the fact he's not being watched has been irking me too.

As for the clock thing, I want to know how Pelant knew exactly which alarm clock they had, and how in his limited time he was able to dig up an identical one...

What I thought when I was watching is that maybe the alarm is linked to something he did in the Nursery, I couldn't quite see what he did when he was in Christine's room, so maybe he is trying to set something up like the alarm clock triggers a device to harm the baby, which would, obviously, make Booth/Brennan feel awful and take their mind off the case. So perhaps Brennan taking the baby is a really good thing, potentially saving her life, and their guilt.

I just really hope the next season doesn't pick up like this one, I don't want to have missed a bunch of time, and I don't want Booth to have missed such a large portion of his daughter's life, that's the type of stuff you can't get back.

OhMandy

[34]May 16, 2012

wildhoney66 wrote:

well 1st of all i don't consider her running to be her thinking of only herself. i think it makes sense that in her mind which are different than ours mind you. smart or not. in her mind she doesn't want to leave her behind like her parents did to her. if you recall when her parents left, they left her alone with her brother. speaking of where the hell is Russ? we havent' seen him since what season 3 or season 4? season 3 i believe.

he doesn't even get mentioned anymore. or is he like the Chuck from Happy Days or the Judy from "Family Matters' that went up in her room yet we never heard from her again. i dunno just guessing on that.

Don't forget poor Dr. Goodman, on his six-year sabbatical

)

BarryWeen3

[35]May 16, 2012
    • level: 14

OhMandy wrote:

wildhoney66 wrote:

he doesn't even get mentioned anymore. or is he like the Chuck from Happy Days or the Judy from "Family Matters' that went up in her room yet we never heard from her again. i dunno just guessing on that.

Don't forget poor Dr. Goodman, on his six-year sabbatical

)

And Zach has also fallen off the radar...

melindakw

[36]May 16, 2012
    • level: 10
    I am on the Hate wagon for Pelant too...but the villain storyline is what made the finale "Exciting!"
    I can't wait to see how and who outsmarts him! I think Brennan was very illogical to run away with her baby under the instructions of her father but she needed to think outside of herself for once and even Booth will see that.
    I love that Cam and Angela are both looking at things from polar opposites.....Cam should do the right thing so that her team can continue to work on the case....but Angela and Booth and Sweets and Caroline can be just as effective from the otherside of the law too..lol.
    Booth's comments "nothing is as it seems" to the other FBI agent was so true.
    I think the finale had me on the edge of the seat in disbelief that our wonderful and smart Dr Brennan was being set up.....I hope season 8 keeps the adrenalin pumping!

bonebooth

[38]May 18, 2012

having rewatched this episode many times now there was another part I found interesting. After Brennan told Booth about how she was consulting with her friend on the pelant case & wondered if they should let Caroline know. Booth wanted to wait first, and also told her that sometimes you have to work outside the law. Just thought it was interesting that he said that, given that Brennan is now a fugitive. Still really loved this finale!

wildhoney66

[39]May 19, 2012

i noticed that too. it was prolly a foreshadowing of her leaving at the end of the episode. well that & her saying i know that's why i didn't tell you before.

Peggy_Porcupine

[40]May 30, 2012

I just watched this episode and all I can say about the ending: I really didn't see this coming. Really! I figured she would have been arrested.

Am I going to watch season 8? YOU BET!

~ Peggy from Porcupine