Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

OFFICIAL DISCUSSION 7x10 - The Warrior in the Wuss

Geri08

[1]Apr 23, 2012
    • level: 31

Discuss...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BarryWeen3

[2]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 14

The whole Hodgins and his toys thing, not so interesting, except for his declaration of "Damn those neo-classisists!".

The case was somewhat interesting and I agree with Sweets' sentiment about the viral video.

I understand the victim's feelings as Booth stated, but the way the victim was going on about it was bound to get him in trouble sooner or later.

And the end scene with what Parker was actually doing...awwwwwww....

welnoc

[3]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 9

Guessed Parker was building a mobile for Christine when I saw the planetary thing and the toy car pulled apart --not terribly original, that whole situation.

Whatever happened to Hodgins being phenomenally rich? He could buy all the toys he needs and donate them to his department of the Smithonian.

I'm very sad to say that Bones (for me) is getting boring.

ltcomstella

[4]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 18

after an epic start to the season we hit a slow episode

i soon worked out parker's motive typical kid stuff but also quite touching and well acted.

the case was kinda lame, short ass has a chip on his shoulder bites off more than he can chew and in some ways deserved it he made everyones life hell.. poor kid poor wife..

i did guess it was the rival sales guy but wanted it to be the karate dojo master.

sweets actually standing up to booth and willing to get out of a moving car was hilarious, but was kinda lame as they where in a simulator..

wow baby christine just gets more adorable each episode

BarryWeen3

[5]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 14

welnoc wrote:

Guessed Parker was building a mobile for Christine when I saw the planetary thing and the toy car pulled apart --not terribly original, that whole situation.

Whatever happened to Hodgins being phenomenally rich? He could buy all the toys he needs and donate them to his department of the Smithonian.

There was a previous episode, The Bond in the Boot, when Wendell loses his scholarship and Cam discusses alternate funding with Angela, Brennan, and Hodgins. It's at this point where Hodgins mentions something about his wealth and that of the Cantelever group being tied up for some reason, which I can't remember right now. Could be that the majority of his wealth is still tied up at this point.

Geri08

[6]Apr 26, 2012
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

welnoc wrote:

There was a previous episode, The Bond in the Boot, when Wendell loses his scholarship and Cam discusses alternate funding with Angela, Brennan, and Hodgins. It's at this point where Hodgins mentions something about his wealth and that of the Cantelever group being tied up for some reason, which I can't remember right now. Could be that the majority of his wealth is still tied up at this point.

Something about doing an inventory of their assets etc. You could be right. Although he had no problem buying that apartment for Angela when it became available. I think that that is where they actually spend their working week too...I guess he is wealthy when they need him to be and 'forgetful' when they don't

moustasch1

[7]Apr 26, 2012
    • level: 3

Right at the beginning of the episode Hodgins does say that he could buy all of the stuff himself but that it's against Jeffersonian policy (when he first shows up at the body site).

Edited on 04/26/2012 7:58am

Geri08

[8]Apr 26, 2012

moustasch1 wrote:

Right at the beginning of the episode Hodgins does say that he could buy all of the stuff himself but that it's against Jeffersonian policy (when he first shows up at the body site).

I have yet to see the episode...decided to wait for it to air on Sky...we are two weeks behind...Good to know that he did say that though...

ltcomstella

[9]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 18

the ending was great like

welnoc

[10]May 2, 2012

moustasch1 wrote:

That's rather facile, really. What institution in this day and age of shrinking budgets, would continue with a policy like that? Both corporate and private donations are snapped up and those donors create all kinds of conditions which said institution is happy to meet. I know because where I work, senior management accepted a cash donation from someone who thought we needed a clock in our tower. What is really needed is cash to shore up aging infrastructure. Anyway, that's probably not of interest to anyone here except me.

But thanks for letting me know, I did miss the first minute or two of the episode.

Geri08

[11]May 17, 2012

Loved this epi. With everything that was discussed about Hodgins and his 'toys', I could not help thinking that he could well afford to buy his own and have it at home ...He'd probably never come to work. Parker is getting tall. Thought he was up to something alright and love how he made the mobile for Christine. For once, I was glad that Sweets lost the cool with Booth and tried to get out of the car. Love how Booth stopped him. Overall, enjoyed this epi...

SynbiosTael

[12]Jul 3, 2012

It bugs me that Bones being as smart as she is and Booth being used to investigate things, they didn't piece together what Parker was doing