Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

OFFICIAL DISCUSSION 8x12 - The Corpse on the Canopy

layle1

[1]Jan 21, 2013
    • level: 72
    Please use this thread for all discussion of the episode "The Corpse on the Canopy."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bmoshier

[3]Jan 24, 2013
    • level: 46

The only part of the episode I really dislike is Hodgins being broke. It isn't fair to Hodgins (OK, life isn't fair and it will make for good drama in the future) and given its done by fraud, it doesn't make sense he can't undo these electronic transactions. There are FEDERAL and STATE banking laws to protect someone in cases PLUS he'd have a GREAT case to go after the company owning / operating the servers used against him.

I wouldn't mind this so much IF the writers dealt with issues, such as the Federal and State commerce and banking laws meant to protect people like Hodgins from fraud. Hopefully, they'll give him back his money, but part of me doubts they'll do it and the other part isn't sure.

KxGx

[4]Jan 24, 2013
    • level: 6
    How will the jeffersonian continue if the cantelever group is not funding it anymore???

bmoshier

[5]Jan 27, 2013
    • level: 46

KxGx wrote:
    How will the jeffersonian continue if the cantelever group is not funding it anymore???

Hodgins didn't run the group on a daily basis, so I'm guessing it still has the same management staff, BUT . . . who now does own it? If the bad guy (sorry, can't remember his name without looking it up and I'm on my phone) has ownership on some level, he could fire the management and bring in managers who will stop the Jefferson funding and you're right ... He could have the group tell the Jeffersonian to shutdown Bone's group and fire everyone or risk losing all funding.

This could make for an interesting series of episodes where Cam has to tell everyone their laid off (even her) and tell the FBI the group no longer exists and thus can't help the FBI any longer.

I can see where this would make good drama and stuff, but honestly . . .

haldrey

[6]Jan 28, 2013
    • level: 22
    Memorable episode that left may unanswered questions. Now that Pelant, one of the most hateable great character of the show, is back and now that he was shot I guess that this means war, and war against Pelant should be quite interesting.

DavidPickles

[7]Jan 28, 2013
    • level: 7

haldrey wrote:
    , one of the most hateable great character of the show,

great character ??? seriously ???

pelant is a complete mess of impossible far fetched rubbish antics who also kills people...yet somehow survives a gun shot to the face and is able to drive to a vet with out being followed and 'leaving a trail' and performs medical procedures...??

the writers have officially jumped the shark now..