Bones Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

OFFICIAL DISCUSSION 8x13 - The Twist in the Plot

layle1

[1]Jan 28, 2013
    • level: 72
    Please use this thread for all discussion of the episode "The Twist in the Plot."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DavidPickles

[3]Jan 29, 2013
    • level: 7

sweets = dumbest smart person

poor daisy

and no mention of hodgins being 'skint' peniless/ has no money ? yet is still able to send his remains to the sun ? (pre paid upfront?)

bones wants to be dismembered and eaten by vultures ?? gurl got issues..

booth at the end = right in the feels

wildhoney66

[4]Jan 29, 2013
    • level: 13

my guess is that Hodges. did pay in cash upfront knowing him. and it would NOT surprise me at all if he had done it years ago. i agree Sweets is an idiot. daisy wasn't to bad in this one honestly. the timeline has their break-up a month ago? wasn't that episode on longer than that? it just seems longer than that. that's all. and yes with Bones that is disturbing. but not surprising either. and that was sweet when Booth did that video.

great episode i think. i hope they kill P. this season instead of having him appear after this season. they over did that on CSI a couple years back i think. and it was over kill. but since last season was so damn short it's so far not over kill yet. anyways i'm loving this season so far.

kazgirl80

[5]Jan 29, 2013
    • level: 2

Loved this ep, it was great.

People point out that Hodgins wouldn't have the money to be launched into the sun, but wouldn't his accounts be insured.

He's the head of a major corporation, even if his personal funds were drained by Pelant, the income from the Canilever Group (can't spell) would still be an ongoing source of income, and surely the accountants would have made damned sure that the accounts were secure from future attacks.

I don't know how it works in America, but in Oz, if your bank account is hacked, they will cover it. It was during the course of an FBI investigation, it would be on record as to how he lost the money.

P.S. The ending had me crying, and loving Bones in braids.

drmayeda

[6]Jan 30, 2013
    • level: 5
    I think Hodges might use some of the company's legal department to track down the money or look into ways to recover the money. rocket and shot into the sun may be wishful thinking since it would take a lot of R/D to do that. Put his body in a probe then shoot it into the sun would need a rocket. someplace to launch it from, and do the calculations so it ends up in the right place. As far as Brennan's revised plan of being cremated and dropped in an active volcano. Why cremate her. The volcano will do the job easily. I'm sure Booth and their daughter would enjoy the trip to Hawaii. We have one volcano that is STILL erupting it's been over five years now sprinkling her ashes into the volcano or dropping a body may not be possible . The liability issues. Walking there would need heavy protective clothing and breathing gear to avoid being killed. I know they have photographed eruption sites but hovering over them in a helicopter. With the high levels of heat??

wildhoney66

[7]Jan 30, 2013
    • level: 13

seriosuly you are talking about this? honestly the point was made that bones has some odd requests. and going from the extreme to the somewhat less extreme for her that is. the volcano though it's a strange request for us. and it is. active or not,

who said that Booth would actually go through with that? hell if my loved one said honey when i die i want you to do what Bones wants done to her i'd say i'm sorry but uh hell no. knowing booth and prolly her daughter later in life as an adult. there's no doubt that she would prolly hire someone who can do this for them. plus booth prolly would pick a volcano that wasn't active. or booth would simply say i'm not doing that for her. and pick something else that she may like that is equally as odd. as for her being cremated that's prolly so they don't have to carry the body.

those tend to no doubt get heavy once we die. anyways, that's how i look at it anyways. but i think the point was really this she comprimised and yes it to us isn't doing that. but knowing how strange she is and how normal booth is she did comprimise. uh sorry about my bad spelling.

and that she does listen to what he has to say. that i think was the whole point. as for hodges being broke. no doubt he was insured up the ass.

but going by what we saw maybe his insurance also was hacked into? i dunno? there may have been a scene that was maybe cut? where him & angela go well we do have insurance. and so that may help. but the idea is i think how evil P. is. i dunno how to spell his name so i just put it as P.

the episode wasn't aimed at them either like last weeks was. so stuff i'm sure had to be either cut from the script or the episode for time.

that's my guess anyways.