Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

OFFICIAL DISCUSSION 8x17 - The Fact in the Fiction

layle1

[1]Feb 25, 2013
    • level: 72
    Please use this thread for all discussion of the episode "The Fact in the Fiction."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bonebooth

[3]Mar 4, 2013
    • level: 5

This was another episode which I thought was great. I always like it when we get to see some great interaction with the other characters on the show as well as B&B.

You can also see some of the subtle changes we were told would start to occur with Brennan in this episode as well.

I loved the interaction between Booth & Hodgins in the beginning, with the asteroid farming. Thought it was great that Booth looked to Hodgins as his validation for his idea to Brennan. Loved that they both had seen her " angry school teacher " look. Very funny.

I also started noticing an increased amount of protectiveness for Brennan on Booth's part. Not just at the diner when the new intern showed up all bloody, but, a few other instances as well. Especially when they decided to search the old barn at night, Brennan was ready to just charge on in, Booth seemed very protective about that.

My very favorite parts though were the changes in Brennan that you could read in her face. She had the most expressive reactions to not just the obnoxious new intern, but, everything going on. She really seemed to be trying to re-asses her views & was seriously contemplating other views. It showed a lot of growth on her character's part. Even with the intern, she seemed to go from completely dissaproving of him to questioning some of his theory, and giving serious thought to some of his theories. She's a great actress, & I loved seeing all of that in her face.

My favorite line came from Angela. When she was talking with the intern & basically said he should try being less of a douche!! Priceless!!

I thought it was also a great deal of growth with Brennan when she asked the intern his advice on the asteroid mining, we don't usually see her asking the advice of an intern. However, it was also great when she kind of got him back at the end, indicating he had faults as well. All said with a smile, & left him to wonder about HIS imperfections! Very good.

It was very nice that she admitted to Booth that he had a good idea with the asteroid mining as well, and even invested in it.

Great episode!!

bonebooth

[4]Mar 5, 2013
    • level: 5

I completely forgot to mention something else about this episode that I absolutely loved. Since there was a lot about the question of time travel in this episode I found it interesting to see what various people were saying about what point in time they would like to travel back to. Hodgins seemed to have a very easy & natural answer, when he met Angela. You could tell that wasn't when Angela had in mind, but, she didn't want to hurt Hodgin's feelings with her answer; sweet. The best answer I heard though was Brennan's. Her's was simple; now. Everything she wants is right where she is now, very sweet!! Laughing

matsee

[5]Aug 3, 2013
    • level: 12

Alex called his father a son of a b...ch. Technically the b...ch refers to his paternal grandmother, his father's mother.

Since the father did a runner on him I presume that Alex never got to know his paternal grandmother, his mother choosing to sever ties with her because of the father. Otherwise there is no excuse for Alex to call his grandmother a b..ch.

Also Booth said that if he could time travel he could go back to save Lincoln's life by shooting John Wilkes Booth. Wonder if this was sort of joke of hearing Booth shooting Booth.