Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

OFFICIAL DISCUSSION 8x22 - The Party in the Pants

layle1

[1]Apr 15, 2013
    • level: 72
    Please use this thread for all discussion of the episode "The Party in the Pants."

Edit: I'm not sure how coverage of the tragedy in Boston will affect broadcasts across the time zones, so please be prepared if your local Fox affiliate chooses not to run the episode.
    Edited on 04/15/2013 2:59pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wildhoney66

[2]Apr 15, 2013
    • level: 13

so far this is a pretty good episode.

kennyljs

[3]Apr 18, 2013
    • level: 26
    I can see it now..... Bones proposing to Booth......

bonnierexeus1

[4]Apr 19, 2013
    • level: 2
    are they going to show a rerun of this episode for the ones who did not get to see it due to the tragdey in Boston, which it my understanding they currently have the suspect cornered.

wildhoney66

[5]Apr 21, 2013

they have since got him, so as far as i know no they aren't. i was looking up this season and there's only 2 episodes left! that evil puter dude

i can't spell his name to be honest. so i'm not going to even try. he's a good villian don't get me wrong but i hope they either kill him off in the finale or have him get busted. reason being is other than he deserves it. there is such a thing as having a villian be on a show to long.

CSI did the same thing they had the dr. jekyll and hyde or whatever his name was be on for 2 years and it was far longer than needed. now a show like "The Mentalist' that's a bit different cause it's built around that villian. and they've had more than one villian on the show as well. not just red john. anyways

here's a question that i may be wrong about. David B. was born in (1971) which this year makes him 42 years old. ok? well i forget how old booth is now. i think it should be about that age. anyways, if booths mom left him 24 years ago that would make him oh 17 or 18 years old. if it was in (1989) that'd make him pretty much an adult. unless someone can show me booths age now. cause he hasn't said it in a long time. in season 2 or 3 he said he was 37 but that was awhile ago. so i may be right on this?

great episode though

bonebooth

[6]Apr 23, 2013
    • level: 5
    bonnierexeus1 wrote:
    are they going to show a rerun of this episode for the ones who did not get to see it due to the tragdey in Boston, which it my understanding they currently have the suspect cornered.

as far as on the fox network, I doubt that they will show it again. However, on the TNT network they show lots of reruns, from all of the seasons. You can search for it & be able to see at least a weeks worth of which episodes they'll be airing at a time They don't seem to be airing the episodes in any certain order, but, it's worth a shot to find it there!! Good luck!!

bonebooth

[7]Apr 23, 2013
    • level: 5

I liked the episode for several reasons. I'm sometimes confused on why the network chooses the sneak peeks they show though. While it was very nice to see Booth's reaction to the ladies stripping him, it wasn't the most emotional clip to show. It was nice to see though

While I'm not a huge fan of Cam, I thought her facial expressions were priceless. She can really communicate volumes that way.

I appreciate how far Brennan's character has come. She showed so much concern & support for Booth throughout the episode. Even though some things he didn't really want to hear, like his feelings on how his mother abandoned him 24 years ago.

I laughed a lot about Brennan's fascination with the whole stripper aspect of the case, & her knowledge of it!! Who knew she'd have written a paper on that, & of course would have to base it upon her actual experience. Priceless!

Sweet's was also very concerned & supportive towards Booth. He seemed to be paying close attention to Booth's body language & remarks. I'm sure he was trying to be objective, as Booth was not. I found it interesting when Booth's mom said he probably hated her for leaving & Booth's statement was that he didn't hate her, he missed her. not that he loved her.

I may be in the minority here, however, I found his mom's excuse for abandoning her kids pathetic. If you're suffering from abuse & your kids are as well, you would take them with you. Maybe they could have explained it better.

I liked that Brennan was direct with Booth's mom, asking why she left her kids. Also noticing her injuries from her gait. I like that she can be very direct.

This was another episode where you found it hard to be sympathetic for the victim. Seems as though he was a greedy jerk that would take advantage of anyone.

Booth's acting was outstanding in this episode. You can read so much in his face & see his reactions. When his mom finally told him about the wonderful life she'd been living & raising her fiance's kids you could really see how much it hurt him. His emotions seemed to be all over the place in this episode as he found out more & more information. He had so much to take in. I thought it was only natural to be angry with her.

I liked the small heart to heart that Bones had with Angela about Booth. I miss seeing their interactions.

I loved the talk Bones had with Booth, even though he resisted hearing it. She really seemed to get through to him, even though he was a bit angry with her terminology about the " jesus myth". He understood what she was trying to say. Forgiveness.

The wedding scene was wonderful. Bones looked beautiful too, I don't think I've ever seen her look better!! Such a sweet scene.

Sorry for the rambling, I really enjoyed this episode on so many levels.

wildhoney66

[8]Apr 27, 2013

you pretty much said it on why i loved the episode as well. i ramble all the time no need to apologize.