Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

OFFICIAL DISCUSSION 8x3 - The Gunk in the Garage

layle1

[1]Oct 1, 2012
    • level: 72
    Please use this thread for all discussion of the episode "The Gunk in the Garage." (And a belated "You're welcome," to Geri.)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Hirundine

[2]Oct 1, 2012
    • level: 26
    Sweets, you naughty boy....

CrazyAsian1080

[3]Oct 2, 2012
    • level: 7

I really hope they keep Danielle Panabaker on. Her and Sweats just works so much better than Sweats and Daisy ever did. Though according to IMDB she's only on for one ep so =(

CrazyAsian1080

[4]Oct 2, 2012

Wooo, Olivia might be an arc!!!

soynador

[5]Oct 2, 2012
    • level: 3

Is It Love? ...god i hope so... im so sick of Daisy...

p.s. i cant get my pic. to show up on this post... what am i doing wrong?

Edited on 10/02/2012 12:57pm
    Edited 4 total times.

djboy77

[6]Oct 2, 2012

"Sparling doesn't seem to.. trust how I as.. a psychologist perform my job."
    "She thinks you're an idiot?"
    "I... wouldn't say that. But, in layman's terms....... yes."
    "Okay, look, you're the psychologist. Point your little shrinky brain at her

"You wound up killing an innocent man."
    "That wasn't my fault. The guy I hired got the wrong man. How is that my fault?"
    "... Seriously?"

Enjoyed Sparling and Sweets. Daisy is more of a "high-school girlfriend", not the girl you marry. The whole "Lancelot"-cutie-snuggle-wuggle-bunnykins-ness isn't something that can work long-term. Not to mention, I like Sweets, but I don't like when he's around Dasiy. He turns into a different person. Sparling seems to be someone who cuts through the crap and would want to see and know Sweets for who he really is, and actually challenge him. I hope she sticks around. I could see a potential spin-off of them, once Bones winds up, of them continuing to work together

djboy77

[7]Oct 2, 2012

"Sparling doesn't seem to.. trust how I as.. a psychologist perform my job."
    "She thinks you're an idiot?"
    "I... wouldn't say that. But, in layman's terms....... yes."
    "Okay, look, you're the psychologist. Point your little shrinky brain at her and pull the trigger."
    "A lot of shooting talk coming from you today, huh."
    "Right, so if I were you I would take cover."

"You wound up killing an innocent man."
    "That wasn't my fault. The guy I hired got the wrong man. How is that my fault?"
    "... Seriously?"

Enjoyed Sparling and Sweets. Daisy is more of a "high-school girlfriend", not the girl you marry. The whole "Lancelot"-cutie-snuggle-wuggle-bunnykins-ness isn't something that can work long-term. Not to mention, I like Sweets, but I don't like him when he's around Daisy. He turns into another person. Sparling seems to be someone who cuts through the crap and would want to see and know Sweets for who he really is, and actually challenge him. Daisy lives in Barbie's Dream House. I hope Sparling sticks around. I could see a potential spin-off, once Bones winds up, of them continuing to work together as the agent and the shrink. Booth and Brennan in Bones. Sweets and Sparling in Shrinks.

Edited on 10/02/2012 6:39am

Geri08

[9]Oct 2, 2012
    • level: 31
    soynador wrote:

Is It Love? ...god i hope so... im so sick of Daisy...

p.s. i cant get my pic. to show up on this post... what am i doing wrong?

First of all go into the 'Reply' button at the bottom of the post...Then press the little 'green tree' in the bar above...then post your link as shown! If you have any further problems with it let us know.

And thanks layle1

Geri08

[10]Oct 2, 2012

GMMR Recap...

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2012/10/02/bones-recap-the-gunk-in-the-garage/

Geri08

[12]Oct 2, 2012

Ratings...Tv by the Number...

http://is.gd/f16yKv

Hirundine

[13]Oct 2, 2012
    • level: 26
    On the one hand, kind of hard while watching this one to just brush off the tension between B&B that we had last ep in favor of more comic-toned arguments this week. On the other, Brennan's cute-face is cute. :3

BarryWeen3

[14]Oct 2, 2012
    • level: 14

CrazyAsian1080 wrote:

I really hope they keep Danielle Panabaker on. Her and Sweats just works so much better than Sweats and Daisy ever did. Though according to IMDB she's only on for one ep so =(

Question: Who is Sweats? Is that Sweets cousin?

Geri08

[15]Oct 3, 2012

Have to say I loved the episode. Loved the interaction between Angela and Sweets when Sparling was there. I have to say that I actually liked her (Sparling). I could see this pairing really working. Leaving aside that 'she did something she would not normally do' in kissing him at the end there, I liked her and really really really hope that he gives Daisy the short shift very very very soon ...Loved how Wendell is rubbing off on Hodgins with him requisiting the machine from patents and leaving a note...lol! Absolutely love anything with Bones and Hodgins and really would love to see this pair out in the field together more. Loved Hodgins and his excitement with all things 'explosive'...Loved Booth and Caroline at the end. And love how baby Christine wants and needs so much stuff there at the end too...great way of Booth getting it unofficially...

yobo13

[16]Oct 4, 2012
    • level: 11

I liked this episode but it felt very light, like they needed a filler. Bones and Booth weren't together and for me, that kind of ruins the whole Bones experience. I watch it for their interactions and they were hardly together in this one. It was more for Sweets and the female agent, which if they're starting an arc would be fine, but like someone said, the's only there for one episode so it's a little pointless.

MajLorne

[17]Oct 5, 2012
    • level: 21

This was supposed to be part of last season, but now this and other eps are going to be inserted at some points in this season. I don't mind too much, there's more characters than just Booth and Bones.

Am I over thinking things that "Olivia Sparling" is supposed to be Bones' version of Fringe's Olivia Dunham? Besides the same first name, both are blonde and dress about the same. Finder had a mention of Fringe in a line. Not sure I like the cocky attitude, but I guess if she stays, they can develop her character.

Also I love the black humor on this show. In the start after the guy is blown up, his skull lands near a 'no smoking' sign. :sigh: I love it!

Edited on 10/05/2012 6:53pm

mysteriousopal

[18]Oct 6, 2012
    • level: 29
    It was okay for a filler episode, but I missed Bones / Booth interaction. I liked the introduction of the Olivia character., I hope we see some more of her.