Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

OFFICIAL DISCUSSION 8x4 - The Tiger in the Tale

layle1

[1]Oct 8, 2012
    • level: 72
    Please use this thread for all discussion of the episode "The Tiger in the Tale."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Hirundine

[2]Oct 8, 2012
    • level: 26
    Apparently a lot of people found that first scene just too gross, even for Bones. I guess I've gotten numb to TV gore!

djboy77

[3]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 7

Like Bones (it amuses me that Booth still calls her that), I found the dead tiger more disturbing.

Geri08

[4]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 31

Ratings...

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings/2012/10/09/mondays-broadcast-ratings-the-voice-climbs-as-nbc-tops-demos-86404/broadcast_20121008/

MajLorne

[6]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 21

Hirundine wrote:
    Apparently a lot of people found that first scene just too gross, even for Bones. I guess I've gotten numb to TV gore!
    I've got morbid humor, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw the face land on the guy's shirt like that and the couple screaming. Inventive ways of gross out humor, show never disappoints.

And it seems this is the end for daisy (so I'm sure a certain someone, that started that Daisy thread, is going to be happy now).

Hirundine

[7]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 26
    My mom also thought the face part was funny, but said the tooth thing made her ill. Go figure.

drmayeda

[8]Oct 16, 2012
    • level: 5

The main thing I was wondering about after the show is why bring in a new agent? There is agent Petraious from that worked with the lab for a couple episodes in season 6 when Booth was unable to work the case. agent Shaw has been working with Booth. It would be interesting to see how she would handle working with Sweets. Instead we have a new agent that doesn't seem to trust Sweets or the Lab and they must probe themselves. It should be interesting to see what happens when Daisy and Sweets run into each other. Daisy is still Brennan's intern. I don't see her leaving. Seems like Sweets had cold feet when he realized what a big deal this might be. This may be interesting to see what happens

Geri08

[9]Jan 30, 2013
    • level: 31

I am enjoying this season so far...it feels more and more like the old Bones...Really enjoyed this episode. The beginning was gross alright but I find I laugh at those parts now. We are so used to SN trying to make the body worse every week. Loved Bones and her idea for running for president. Had to love Booth's face, he would make a great diplomat when it comes to Bones...Cam trying to keep a straight face and Hodgins (like nothing Brennan does ever phases him)...Felt for poor Bones when they found the tiger dead...I nearly cried myself. I had to pause for a moment and think how the dead tiger got more of a reaction from me rather than a dead person...but the glory and majesty of those animals, it is indeed a crime to do them any harm. Loved Hodgins throughout...he continues to become more and more like the nutty (lovable/happy) professor all the time. Loved his idea for the aeriel camera in the plane and how sad he was when it crashed...boys and their toys...Something tells me he will get another one.

And finally...Daisy...I think everyone knows how much I dislike the girl but I have to say there was a moment (just a moment) of sympathy for her there at the end...Poor Sweets...I think that we might find out somewhere further down the line (and I am only guessing here...no spoiler) how much our poor Sweets has suffered in the past...I think there is more to him not being able to commit and settle down than we realise.

bonebooth

[10]Feb 14, 2013
    • level: 5

I really liked this episode. I also felt more sorry for the tiger!! The whole Brennan running for president was pretty funny, & I loved how Booth got all those buttons at the end.

I thought Daisy was actually very good in this. I really felt sorry for her! Loved the talk she had with Cam, it's never the same the second time. It felt like some of the older Bones episodes, loved the dialogue between B&B. really good.