OFFICIAL DISCUSSION 8x5 - Method to the Madness

layle1

[1]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 72
    Please use this thread for all discussion of the episode "Method to the Madness."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kazgirl80

[2]Nov 6, 2012
    • level: 2

So good ep, but I have one problem... They forgot Sweet's scars, from his abusive childhood (Remember the ep in season 4, with the death metal)

Anyway, it would have been okay if you only saw a glimpses of his scar free back, but it was visible in most of the shot, not to mention when booth followed him up the stairs.

It's a shame, because I think it was a golden opportunity for some growth on the Sweets front, to go into the incidents that caused that scaring... maybe he just had a plastic surgery.

Anyway, I loved Booth's captain America pants, Booth wanting alone time, and Bones's dancing at the end.

drmayeda

[3]Nov 6, 2012
    • level: 5

This episode Method to the Madness, was not one of their better written episodes. The FBI has more than one psychcologist. two weeks is too long. Someone should have had a talk with him before now. I doubt if the janitors appreciate him sleeping in his office and making a mess. What was Vincent doing helping Dr Brennan when he's dead? He was killed last season as the final victim of the rouge sniper.

Edited on 11/06/2012 12:18pm

elle_elle213

[4]Nov 6, 2012
    • level: 4
    drmayeda wrote:

This episode Method to the Madness, was not one of their better written episodes. The FBI has more than one psychcologist. two weeks is too long. Someone should have had a talk with him before now. I doubt if the janitors appreciate him sleeping in his office and making a mess. What was Vincent doing helping Dr Brennan when he's dead? He was killed last season as the final victim of the rouge sniper.

That was Mr Fisher, not Vincent. Remember Vincent was the British squintern.

Hirundine

[7]Nov 8, 2012
    • level: 26
    This one felt kind of like it was written by someone who had seen Bones, but wasn't really sure how to make a whole episode. Parts were funny and good ... but just as many parts left me waiting for a punchline that never came. Also, they need to stop expecting us to be surprised when "a machine did it" ... how many times has that been cause of death now?

Geri08

[8]Nov 9, 2012
    • level: 31

kazgirl80 wrote:

So good ep, but I have one problem... They forgot Sweet's scars, from his abusive childhood (Remember the ep in season 4, with the death metal)

Anyway, it would have been okay if you only saw a glimpses of his scar free back, but it was visible in most of the shot, not to mention when booth followed him up the stairs.

It's a shame, because I think it was a golden opportunity for some growth on the Sweets front, to go into the incidents that caused that scaring... maybe he just had a plastic surgery.

Anyway, I loved Booth's captain America pants, Booth wanting alone time, and Bones's dancing at the end.

HH on Twitter...(regarding this very subject)...

'Um, regarding the scars on Sweets' back - that was a mistake we caught too late then hoped you wouldn't notice. Like that was gonna happen'....

bonebooth

[9]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 5
    Geri08 wrote:

kazgirl80 wrote:

HH on Twitter...(regarding this very subject)...

'Um, regarding the scars on Sweets' back - that was a mistake we caught too late then hoped you wouldn't notice. Like that was gonna happen'....

Have to say I hadn't caught that!! And here I thought I was paying such close attention!! I loved the episode!!