OFFICIAL DISCUSSION 8x6 - The Patriot in Purgatory

layle1

[1]Nov 12, 2012
    • level: 72
    Please use this thread for all discussion of the episode "The Patriot in Purgatory."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Doylux06

[2]Nov 13, 2012
    • level: 7

From the beginning this episode was awesome. From Bones looking at basketball from ananthropologicalperspectiveto an unknown soldier getting the recognition he deserved. This episode bore the emotion and acting skill needed to deal which such a disaster that shook the world. For those who say that the episode felt left out and that it should have been played during a 9/11 anniversary or the 10 year anniversary last year; it doesn't matter when this sort of episode is played. There's no right time to deal with a topic like this. The squint's stories of their whereabouts during 9/11 was beautiful and heart-warming. The religious speech that Vaziri made was brilliant. It made the episodeunbiased. For the people hating this episode, you're just not looking hard enough for the brilliance of this episode!

Hirundine

[3]Nov 13, 2012
    • level: 26
    I maintain that if you have to look that hard, something's wrong. I also think it was a better episode than the previous one, though.

Geri08

[5]Nov 13, 2012
    • level: 31

Breakfast with Bones...The Squinterns Edition...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OemsYnA_9N0

haldrey

[7]Nov 13, 2012
    • level: 22
    Will there be something batter to commemorate our veterans and 9-11 victims, equal maybe but better I doubt it. I salute the writers and producers of Bones for this episode. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

kazgirl80

[8]Nov 13, 2012
    • level: 2
    This was a great episode. Apart from the Bones cast being fantastic, it was a great way to remember that day without it being over dramatic. I'm Australian, but I still remember that day like it was yesterday. I think Vasiri's part was well played, it gave a voice to the many Islamic people who don't agree with what those men did that day.

On a more shallow note, how funny was it when Bones slapped the interns butts... I think their all a little in love with her!

bonebooth

[9]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 5

This had to be one of my favorite episodes of this season. Outstanding acting on everyone's part, & so much emotion. Each intern brought such a unique sense of their feelings about that horrible day, & I loved how they worked together, each with their own expertise, to solve the solution. Bones with her slapping on the butt was hillarious, I really enjoy how she throws herself into understanding the subject she's trying to learn!! Always such a plus to see Bones show such emotion, as she did when she was so proud of her interns, & so fearful at the prospect that it could have been Booth. She's an outstanding actress. Great way to memorialize that day, amazing tribute!!!Smile

McTrooperNow

[10]Jan 11, 2013
    • level: 6
    The Patriot in Purgatory started out HORRIBLY . . Bones was severely out of character with the whole team building / basket ball thing. I was ready to stop watching, but I'm glad I didn't. Even though the episode gave the most stupid reason for looking at these bones ever . . most of the cast was in character. It was nice to see the interns working together and the dynamic felt real. Because I didn't' think a lot about the title of the episode the direction it took was more of a surprise (wish the title has different so it would be more of a mystery). The mystery itself was great. Layer upon layer was relieved and it kept me guessing the whole way through. It's sad they couldn't have made this perfect by starting out better.

Geri08

[11]Mar 14, 2013
    • level: 31

This was a very good episode. It was tastefully done considering the topic. Loved all the interns...how they started off in competition with each other but how they all came around quickly to working with each other to solve this case. Loved all their memories and emotions of that fateful day. I thought Arastoo's reaction to Finn was justifiable and not over the top. In return, I thought Finn's reply was a tad bit too much but given the topic, again understandable...Good episode.