Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Discussion Thread - "2-8 The Woman in the Sand" (Spoilers)

  • Avatar of TBones22

    TBones22

    [61]Nov 12, 2006
    • member since: 08/10/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,863
    TVchip wrote:
    unfabisfab wrote:
    Did Booth say: "Hey babe" when Bones run up and hugged him after the fight? I kept hearing it, everytime I replayed it. But my mind might just be playing tricks. Can anyone tell me if they heard it too?
    Now that you said it, I went to my tape, I think he says "I did it"


    i thought he said 'hey babe' too and she said 'you did it'. i can check as soon as i get my tape back though
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bubblesbc

    bubblesbc

    [62]Nov 12, 2006
    • member since: 09/23/06
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 232

    I agree with everyone who says this was a great episode!  So fun and funny, especially Bones and Booth in their undercover get-ups.  And Zach punching Hodgins - I think Hodgins provoked him not only to see if he could get Zach mad, but also to give him the experience of having thrown a punch just once.  Good stuff!

    But a question...did Zach mention that his dissertation is just about finished?  Once he's got his Phd, what use is he to Brennan?  No more grad student...no more Zach?  He's one of my favourites, so I hope he isn't going anywhere.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of otimeche

    otimeche

    [63]Nov 12, 2006
    • member since: 07/10/06
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 1,016

    bubblesbc wrote:
    Once he's got his Phd, what use is he to Brennan?  No more grad student...no more Zach?  He's one of my favourites, so I hope he isn't going anywhere.

    Caution... little spoilers

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    For what I heard, he is finishing one of the phD's but not the one he is studying with Brennan

    Edited on 11/12/2006 7:04pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DrLar

    DrLar

    [64]Nov 13, 2006
    • member since: 04/18/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,584
    Excellent episode!

    Specially Brennan dressing like that both Black and Red dresses were pwnsome!

    Bones winning at blackjack, BTW why you can't count cards? are they expecting brainless people gambling in casinos? Why is considered by them cheating? Loved this: (don't have the exact quotes)
    Bones: What's that game?
    Booth: Craps
    Bones: What's the matter?
    Booth: Is a game called craps

    I wonder how much money did Bones win? I 'bet' a lot, since she paid with that the admittance to the fight club.

    More golden moments like Zach punching Hodgins, Cam's reaction to Bones dress.

    Why Angela after a lot of cases still gets nauseated? by now she could handle any case. In this case were the maggets and the throat slicing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jaikeb

    jaikeb

    [65]Nov 13, 2006
    • member since: 09/01/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 499
    bubblesbc wrote:

    I agree with everyone who says this was a great episode!  So fun and funny, especially Bones and Booth in their undercover get-ups.  And Zach punching Hodgins - I think Hodgins provoked him not only to see if he could get Zach mad, but also to give him the experience of having thrown a punch just once.  Good stuff!

    But a question...did Zach mention that his dissertation is just about finished?  Once he's got his Phd, what use is he to Brennan?  No more grad student...no more Zach?  He's one of my favourites, so I hope he isn't going anywhere.



    Maybe they'll hire Dr. Addy just as they hired Dr. Brennan.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TBones22

    TBones22

    [66]Nov 13, 2006
    • member since: 08/10/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,863
    he becomes a doctor in this next ep.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of friendsidol5

    friendsidol5

    [67]Nov 13, 2006
    • member since: 09/18/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 463
    now was this just me or when Bones came out in the black dress, if you watch in the mirror and the breif moment we see her back, isn't her dress zipped? in that case what was Booth doing?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of otimeche

    otimeche

    [68]Nov 13, 2006
    • member since: 07/10/06
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 1,016
    friendsidol5 wrote:
    now was this just me or when Bones came out in the black dress, if you watch in the mirror and the breif moment we see her back, isn't her dress zipped? in that case what was Booth doing?
    I though it was goof/error
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dewbak75

    Dewbak75

    [69]Nov 14, 2006
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,105
    DrLar wrote:


    Bones winning at blackjack, BTW why you can't count cards? are they expecting brainless people gambling in casinos? Why is considered by them cheating?


    The short answer is the casinos are there to make money. Someone who can count cards can consistently win, and they don't like that. That's why they'll ask you to leave. They can refuse business to anyone, after all, as long as they're not discriminating by race, gender, etc. Card counting is all about predicting the odds of certain cards appearing, which means you can predict better as you get closer to the end of the deck. That's why they deal from a shoe that has six decks shuffled together, and they don't get anywhere near the end of the shoe before reshuffling, makes a counter's job very difficult.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DrLar

    DrLar

    [70]Nov 14, 2006
    • member since: 04/18/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,584
    Dewbak75 wrote:
    DrLar wrote:


    Bones winning at blackjack, BTW why you can't count cards? are they expecting brainless people gambling in casinos? Why is considered by them cheating?


    The short answer is the casinos are there to make money. Someone who can count cards can consistently win, and they don't like that. That's why they'll ask you to leave. They can refuse business to anyone, after all, as long as they're not discriminating by race, gender, etc. Card counting is all about predicting the odds of certain cards appearing, which means you can predict better as you get closer to the end of the deck. That's why they deal from a shoe that has six decks shuffled together, and they don't get anywhere near the end of the shoe before reshuffling, makes a counter's job very difficult.


    Yeah I read something about it on the net, I think they first warn you, with this warning usually you won't be allowed to play BlackJack anymore and play other games (like Bones did). Also how the heck do they know you are counting and you're not on a luck streak? mindreaders?

    I also wonder how did Bones won at craps, math and physics maybe?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jaikeb

    jaikeb

    [71]Nov 15, 2006
    • member since: 09/01/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 499
    This is cool in case you missed the episode http://creative.myspace.com/VOD/bones/index.html
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Bonesiscool896

    Bonesiscool896

    [72]Nov 20, 2006
    • member since: 11/12/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 497
    I love the part where bones is in the little black dress and booth is like thats hot and cam and angela r like wats hot
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mrs_booth

    mrs_booth

    [73]Nov 20, 2006
    • member since: 05/27/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 2,920
    This episode was awesome(understatement of the year!)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Bonesiscool896

    Bonesiscool896

    [74]Nov 20, 2006
    • member since: 11/12/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 497
    yes definately the understatement of the year

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jaikeb

    jaikeb

    [75]Nov 20, 2006
    • member since: 09/01/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 499
    http://creative.myspace.com/VOD/bones/index.html This is the entire episode plus Aliens in a Spaceshipi and The Girl with a Curl. Unfortunately I think this only works in the U.S.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bones4eva

    bones4eva

    [76]Dec 10, 2007
    • member since: 11/27/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 14
    you guys r soooo lucky i have to wait another 3 DAYS till its on!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lintball13

    lintball13

    [77]Mar 6, 2010
    • member since: 08/22/09
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 163
    ummm..i just saw a rerun of it, and kinda noticed at the end, brennan and booth's hotel room only had one bed in it. lol, i'm pretty sure they werent sleeping in the same bed tho. i felt the need to dig out this 3 year old discussion and say that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hirundine

    Hirundine

    [78]Mar 7, 2010
    • member since: 12/28/07
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 11,617
    lintball13 wrote:
    ummm..i just saw a rerun of it, and kinda noticed at the end, brennan and booth's hotel room only had one bed in it. lol, i'm pretty sure they werent sleeping in the same bed tho. i felt the need to dig out this 3 year old discussion and say that.


    Yes, I believe there were some squeeeees about that back in the day. Just like the trailer in Double Trouble.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lintball13

    lintball13

    [79]Mar 7, 2010
    • member since: 08/22/09
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 163
    haha, I'd imagine. I posted that, though, because I didn't see it anywhere else, but you know, this show's discussions go 50 pages back and I felt I had to post it here.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hirundine

    Hirundine

    [80]Mar 7, 2010
    • member since: 12/28/07
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 11,617
    Fair 'nuff.

    Got my attention.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.