• level: 31
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

grissomsidle wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:

Yes the 'lull' is killing me too...it seems forever since the season 6 ender. The few episodes that we have had since have been thwarted by the (long) spaces in between...and the latest hiatus just seems to be neverending...and it's only just started....

So what are you filling the void with? Watching anything new?

I have actually become 'addicted' to Criminal Minds lately...Have just about caught up on all of the episodes...Just a few at the end of S6 to watch although I have seen the Emilycentric penultimate and final! Absolutely fantastic series Have seen all of S7 so far...
    Ah, Criminal Minds.

It's interesting I have three shows that are going into an 8th season. Bones, Criminal Minds, and Supernatural. Out of those three for me Bones is still rather a quality show. Criminal Minds has gone downhill. Pretty much Erica Messer using it for a playground for her fangirl dreams (I guess dreams is the right word). Not to mention Reid seemed to be in the background most of the season. Or you know not there at all. As for Supernatural for the first time this past season I had to laugh my way through an episode because the episode was so horrible. It was just stupid. While Bones has had it's bumps I think it's still running stronger than the other two.

Castle is still quality but it's heading into it's 5th season. The show that I consider the most quality right now is actually Sherlock. Only 3 episodes a season but each are an hour and a half long. I'll take quality over quantity any day of the week. It sucks having to wait until 2013 for new episodes though.

Oh and hi Matt, and Geri. I know it's been forever since I've been here. I decided to come visit.

Hello back.

What about POI? Have you watched that? That is a quality show and I think the best show airing right now. The season finale was "wow" especially the ending.

Welcome back Amber...good to see you again. I agree with you about Criminal Minds...S7 has been the most disappointing so far. You are correct about Reid...I can only hope that it means that he will have a big part to play in S8. Matt...what is POI by the way?

Geri, POI is the shorthand we use for Person of Interest, the CBS show that stars Jim Caviezel and Michael Emerson and created by Jonathan Nolan. If you haven't seen it yet Geri, I highly recommend it. It gets better and better with each episode, the background and characters are built up episode to episode and what's even more cool is that the opening credits scene subtly changes with each new episode and itself has clues in it. Great show and rich characters and intriguing mythology. Yes, I really really like the show.

Sounds good I will have to try it out Matt...By the way have you seen Touch yet or Game of Thrones? I love both of them.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BarryWeen3

[1662]Jun 8, 2012
    • level: 14

Geri08 wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

grissomsidle wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:

Yes the 'lull' is killing me too...it seems forever since the season 6 ender. The few episodes that we have had since have been thwarted by the (long) spaces in between...and the latest hiatus just seems to be neverending...and it's only just started....

I have actually become 'addicted' to Criminal Minds lately...Have just about caught up on all of the episodes...Just a few at the end of S6 to watch although I have seen the Emilycentric penultimate and final! Absolutely fantastic series Have seen all of S7 so far...
    Ah, Criminal Minds.

It's interesting I have three shows that are going into an 8th season. Bones, Criminal Minds, and Supernatural. Out of those three for me Bones is still rather a quality show. Criminal Minds has gone downhill. Pretty much Erica Messer using it for a playground for her fangirl dreams (I guess dreams is the right word). Not to mention Reid seemed to be in the background most of the season. Or you know not there at all. As for Supernatural for the first time this past season I had to laugh my way through an episode because the episode was so horrible. It was just stupid. While Bones has had it's bumps I think it's still running stronger than the other two.

Castle is still quality but it's heading into it's 5th season. The show that I consider the most quality right now is actually Sherlock. Only 3 episodes a season but each are an hour and a half long. I'll take quality over quantity any day of the week. It sucks having to wait until 2013 for new episodes though.

Oh and hi Matt, and Geri. I know it's been forever since I've been here. I decided to come visit.

Hello back.

What about POI? Have you watched that? That is a quality show and I think the best show airing right now. The season finale was "wow" especially the ending.

Welcome back Amber...good to see you again. I agree with you about Criminal Minds...S7 has been the most disappointing so far. You are correct about Reid...I can only hope that it means that he will have a big part to play in S8. Matt...what is POI by the way?

Geri, POI is the shorthand we use for Person of Interest, the CBS show that stars Jim Caviezel and Michael Emerson and created by Jonathan Nolan. If you haven't seen it yet Geri, I highly recommend it. It gets better and better with each episode, the background and characters are built up episode to episode and what's even more cool is that the opening credits scene subtly changes with each new episode and itself has clues in it. Great show and rich characters and intriguing mythology. Yes, I really really like the show.

Sounds good I will have to try it out Matt...By the way have you seen Touch yet or Game of Thrones? I love both of them.

The first season of POI DVD set comes out on September 4th. Have not watched Game of Thrones, don't have HBO. I've played the game it's based on once. As for Touch, I watched the premiere, was interesting, but not enough for me to keep watching it.

Geri08

[1663]Jun 8, 2012
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

grissomsidle wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:

Ah, Criminal Minds.

Hello back.

The first season of POI DVD set comes out on September 4th. Have not watched Game of Thrones, don't have HBO. I've played the game it's based on once. As for Touch, I watched the premiere, was interesting, but not enough for me to keep watching it.

Yes after the first episode of Touch I could have just walked away...but I am glad that I did not. I am rather enjoying it now. Game of Thrones is rather violent (which I don't really like...I tend to look away during the fights) but very well adapted from the books. I am surprised that I am enjoying it so much

BarryWeen3

[1664]Jun 8, 2012

Geri08 wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

grissomsidle wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:

Ah, Criminal Minds.

Hello back.

Yes after the first episode of Touch I could have just walked away...but I am glad that I did not. I am rather enjoying it now. Game of Thrones is rather violent (which I don't really like...I tend to look away during the fights) but very well adapted from the books. I am surprised that I am enjoying it so much

You, Geri, secretly have a slight violence streak, right? Admit it!!

And I should have said that although I haven't watched Game of Thrones, I did play the game that was based on the books.

And yeah, our boxes of boxes of quotes grows....aaaahhhhhhh....

Geri08

[1665]Jun 9, 2012
    Lets break it

BarryWeen3

[1666]Jun 9, 2012

Boo!

grissomsidle

[1667]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 17

Matt- I haven't seen POI. I think I saw previews for it though.

Ger - I disappeared again I know. But I am going to do my best to be here more often because I want to be. I suppose we'll see what season 8 of Criminal Minds looks like when it comes. Hopefully, it's better than last season.

As for checking out POI I am not sure if that will happen. Currently, I am stuck in a cycle of watching Sherlock Season 1&2 and then watching it again. I've gone through 3 times. I shall be starting my fourth time. Probably next week. Plus, I am not wanting to pick up new shows. I am wanting to drop them but as they go out. Though I am half tempted to drop Supernatural right now because I haven't even finished Season 7 yet. No, I'll stick with it. I started watching Sherlock because I think it has something to do with Tumblr and the people I follow with lots of gifs and pictures of the show plus I love the stories.

BarryWeen3

[1668]Jun 16, 2012

grissomsidle wrote:

Ger - I disappeared again I know. But I am going to do my best to be here more often because I want to be. I suppose we'll see what season 8 of Criminal Minds looks like when it comes. Hopefully, it's better than last season.

As for checking out POI I am not sure if that will happen. Currently, I am stuck in a cycle of watching Sherlock Season 1&2 and then watching it again. I've gone through 3 times. I shall be starting my fourth time. Probably next week. Plus, I am not wanting to pick up new shows. I am wanting to drop them but as they go out. Though I am half tempted to drop Supernatural right now because I haven't even finished Season 7 yet. No, I'll stick with it. I started watching Sherlock because I think it has something to do with Tumblr and the people I follow with lots of gifs and pictures of the show plus I love the stories.

I strongly recommend checking out Person of Interest even if you're not wanting to pick up new shows. I think it was the best new show introduced this past season. Great actors, great storylines, great show...can you tell how much I love this show or am I being too subtle.

Don't know if you heard, but Jeanne Triplehorn will be introduced in the Season 8 premiere of Criminal Minds, she will be replacing the departing Paget Brewster.

And the BBC Sherlock Holmes is indeed very good, I have both series on DVD. I think they're planning on a series 3.

Geri08

[1669]Jun 17, 2012
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

grissomsidle wrote:

I strongly recommend checking out Person of Interest even if you're not wanting to pick up new shows. I think it was the best new show introduced this past season. Great actors, great storylines, great show...can you tell how much I love this show or am I being too subtle.

Don't know if you heard, but Jeanne Triplehorn will be introduced in the Season 8 premiere of Criminal Minds, she will be replacing the departing Paget Brewster.

And the BBC Sherlock Holmes is indeed very good, I have both series on DVD. I think they're planning on a series 3.

POI has not come on Sky yet so I will either have to wait or watch online. I do not know how to feel about Jeanne Triplehorn...when I first read it about a week ago I was 'oh'! I had hoped that we might start back with just the team as is, but I suppose with the team consisting of 6 plus Garcia, the numbers would not be right. All I hope is that they show alot more of Reid this season. He was totally underused in S7...Also not a great season by any means. I hope they get back to the great dynamics and storylines that the show has always been.

BarryWeen3

[1670]Jun 17, 2012

Geri08 wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

grissomsidle wrote:

POI has not come on Sky yet so I will either have to wait or watch online. I do not know how to feel about Jeanne Triplehorn...when I first read it about a week ago I was 'oh'! I had hoped that we might start back with just the team as is, but I suppose with the team consisting of 6 plus Garcia, the numbers would not be right. All I hope is that they show alot more of Reid this season. He was totally underused in S7...Also not a great season by any means. I hope they get back to the great dynamics and storylines that the show has always been.

Well, whenever you get to see POI, let me know what you think. I realize now upon rewatching the episodes, that I wasn't really paying that close of attention the first time around. There's a lot of interesting details that subtly change as you progress from episode to episode and I love how great the continuity is and the overarching mythology ties in really well. Details you may think are random in one episode suddenly make sense in the context of another. Although you initially may think that Jim Cavizel and Michael Emerson are the two main characters of POI, there is a third main character, The Machine...(dum, dum, dum)...

sdchick

[1671]Oct 6, 2013
    • level: 1

I hate when TV shows have one of the characters take a leave of absence from work. Who in real life can ever do that?? Makes the shows unrealistic.

Writerpatrick

[1672]Jan 15, 2015
    • level: 13

It looks as if the show could be winding down. They obviously ran out of story seasons ago and have been going through the motions. It's possible they could be given one more 13 episode season to wrap things up, but there really isn't any story left to wrap up. It really feels this show is being milked for all it's worth.

I liked this show and I hate to see it stretched out so much that it ruins what the show use to be. It ruins my ability to enjoy the reruns. For instance, it's now hard to watch any episode with Sweets in it knowing he will die.

When the kids start talking you know the show has been on too long.

Frankburnsflagg

[1673]Mar 6, 2015
    • level: 13
    Kind of disagree on that one. It's not perfect, but it's still better than some shows on tv. Only recent episode I had a problem with was the 200th one and I didn't like what happened with Sweets .

I'm looking forward to the new episodes just to see what happens. As long as they don't MEGA jump the shark, it's ok.