Official "What episode is that?" Thread

BBLovin

[121]May 24, 2008
    • level: 11
    Well then it's a pretty good assumption that you didn't see it there. Maybe NCIS or Criminal Minds or Cold Case? I don't know . . . I'll try google-ing it for you too if I get a chance.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Hirundine

[122]May 24, 2008
    • level: 26
    Hm, doesn't strike me as NCIS-y... *has to go look now, despite being hopeless at quote searches*

Maron-chan

[123]May 25, 2008
    • level: 18
    No, I'm pretty sure it's not from NCIS either (I don't watch it). It could be a show that had its pilot last season. For some reason I keep thinking of Psych, though I've only watched one episode and can't remember it anyway. Aaargh! I can't belive I can't remember where I saw it! Come to think of it, it was probably just a dream I ususally remember things like these. I have a habit of trying to remember where I've seen a guest star on some show or movie, and when I do, I go to imdb to check that it really is so, even though I know it is. (for example, Tessa of Bones is Bambi or Britney or something like that on Desperate Housewives; that guy (I can't belive I don't remember his name!) who wanted to feed Brennan to dogs is John Casey for Chuck and so on and on)...

Hirundine

[124]May 25, 2008
    It does sound like something that would be on Psych although I don't recall it being anywhere in the first season.

And I do that too.

Maron-chan

[125]May 25, 2008
    I guess I have more in common with people online than my relatives would want

Hirundine

[126]May 25, 2008
    Hey now, online people are awesome.

Maron-chan

[128]May 25, 2008

Tell that to my relatives. That being said, I couldn't agree more, I have more online friends (about 3 to 5 times) than I have in the real world. Oh, God, that doesn't say anything good about me, right? I'm such a loser..

Hirundine

[129]May 25, 2008
    Not at all. Look how many different people, how many different cities and states and countries, you get to talk to every day. Bet none of your *real* people can beat that.

Maron-chan

[130]May 25, 2008
    Aww, you're such a sweety (Angela, anyone? ) I kind of know that I get to talk to people from America and Netherlands, and England, and Brazil and all around the world, but my mom thinks I should stop all this crap (sorry) and go out more, go dancing or something, get a boyfriend (ok, that was mine ), etc. I just can't persuade her otherwise, no matter how hard I try...

Hirundine

[131]May 25, 2008

What should matter is that it's what you enjoy. Some people like dancing and partying and drinking and mingling with perfect strangers; some people like having quiet, intelligent, occasionally hilarious conversations with people who, though technically strangers as well (as you'll likely never meet them in person), share your interests, and will probably share more about themselves with you (and you with them) than the any "real" friend. (And by friend I don't mean one or two best friends, but the dozen or so "extras" people seem to accumulate out of an obligation to seem popular or sociable, and to have people to invite to parties )
    And hey, if all else fails, you can say that you're improving your verbal and computer skills.

Edited on 05/25/2008 9:55am

Maron-chan

[132]May 25, 2008
    You know what, I think you're the nicest logical person I've met on the Net. You can say nice things AND rationalize them so that they're sort of irrefutable! That made me feel so much better, I'm gonna go tell that to my mom right now... And I agree, it has developed my english so much! If there was no internet and no TV shows, I probably wouldn't know the difference between "a", "an", and "the". Believe it or not, but many graduates in Latvia don't. And about those friends... I also agree on that. There are private things that I would never reveal even to my closest friend, but on interneat I can safely tell them, 'cause the people on the internetu are kind of like a diary, except that they can actually help you and you won't ever have to worry about your friends finding out (with the exception that your friend goes on the same sites as you and/or knows your nicknames and passwords, to read PMs. Btw, I have never drunk a single drop of alcohol. I know I'm only 14, but many of my acquitances (?) of the same age get drunk on a regular basisc (or at least drink).

Hirundine

[133]May 25, 2008

Aww, thank you. Let me tell you, though, I'm no good at *talking* to people like that... I think too slowly. But that doesn't matter here, which is one of the reasons I love it.

Many Americans don't write the language as well as you do. In fact, they seem to try not to have to write at all.
    You're only 14? I wouldn't have guessed. I'm glad to hear you have more sense than your acquaintances; sounds like you're the well-adjusted one of the lot, hm? Advice can be helpful in many situations, but just keep that in mind next time someone claims to know what's good for you better than you do.

Edited on 05/25/2008 10:27am
    Edited 2 total times.

Maron-chan

[134]May 25, 2008

Yeah, I'm the same way, I don't get many jokes, let alone make 'em up, but online you can think it through a thousand times if you want to, to make sure nobody will look at you like "huh? what the hell is she talking about?". Thank you, I try to learn to write properly and expand my vocabulary, and maybe that seems kind of arrogant, but I also have come to the conclusion that I might write better than some Americans here (I'm confused, does the "a" in "american" have to be capitalized? I've been dealing with this dilemma a lot today), which actually makes me feel good about myself in some perverted way.

The fact that you thought I was older (you were thinking I was older, right? not like seven ),I take it as a compliment (not a complement oh, I'm rambling now, great), and yes, I have been told I'm more, um... evolved than most of the people my age. But for some reason that doesn't seem to get me any new friends in the real world

Hirundine

[135]May 25, 2008
    *sigh*
    And now it's time for me to return to that crazy real world. Have a great day Maron-chan -- and my advance apologies to Jill for dragging her thread just a wee bit off-topic.

Maron-chan

[136]May 25, 2008
    Good luck and day to you too! And, actually, I'm the one who started this off-topic conversation anyway, so I should apologize too...

Hirundine

[137]May 25, 2008
    Maron-chan wrote:

Yeah, I'm the same way, I don't get many jokes, let alone make 'em up, but online you can think it through a thousand times if you want to, to make sure nobody will look at you like "huh? what the hell is she talking about?". Thank you, I try to learn to write properly and expand my vocabulary, and maybe that seems kind of arrogant, but I also have come to the conclusion that I might write better than some Americans here (I'm confused, does the "a" in "american" have to be capitalized? I've been dealing with this dilemma a lot today), which actually makes me feel good about myself in some perverted way.

The fact that you thought I was older (you were thinking I was older, right? not like seven ),I take it as a compliment (not a complement oh, I'm rambling now, great), and yes, I have been told I'm more, um... evolved than most of the people my age. But for some reason that doesn't seem to get me any new friends in the real world

Mmkay, let's see if I can get this right... in English the names of languages (English, Swahili, Pig Latin ), and adjectives indicating place of origin (American, Russian, Mississippian, Kryptonian ), typically begin with a capital letter. I tend to make the mistake of doing this with other languages, even when the rules are different.

And yes, I did think you were older, not seven. And while all fellow young people may not relish your being smarter than them , trust me, it's something that adults find impressive. Intelligence will always serve you well eventually, even if nobody seems to appreciate it right now. You've got plenty of time to figure out how to use it best, and for friends to find you. They're out there, you just haven't met them all yet.

Hirundine

[138]May 25, 2008
    Okay, okay, I'm really going now, honest.

Maron-chan

[139]May 25, 2008
    Ok, I'm not gonna keep you. Thank you, you have been very helpful today, and I feel like I've made a new friend (I hope that's ok with you)... I just hope others will see that I can be fun and good-to-keep-around-at-times too.... I'll hold onto what you said.
    Edited on 05/25/2008 11:02am

Hirundine

[140]May 26, 2008
    I love rambling -- er, talking -- why do you think I have to drrraaaaag myself away from the computer when it's time to make lunch?
    And I'm always glad to make a new friend.