Season One

wildhoney66

[1]May 13, 2012
    • level: 13

I've been watching Season 1 again. & it's been awhile since i last watched it. & i forgot how much of a prick that Booth was at the start of the show, treating pretty much everyone like shit. i'm not saying the season is bad it isn't. it's just that after watching the show for so long i forgot

how much of a prick he was. i recently bought season 4 FINALLY! this past wed. in fact. "Best Buys" actually had it for $17.99 down from $41.99

i always forget also that she at first didn't like to be called "Bones" either. is this just me or does anyone else notice this as well? i mean "Booth" being more of a prick. next time i'm out i hope to get season 5. than at some point i'll get the worst season by far season 6. i like to get the whole series of shows i love you see. even the weaker seasons.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mitoch

[2]May 14, 2012
    • level: 11

Booth had balls in the first couple of seasons. He was actually likeable when he had principles and would fight for them. Not so much now.

Any problems with Brennan's narcissistic and condescending personality in the first season as well? Or is it all one-sided?

Edited on 05/14/2012 7:43am

wildhoney66

[3]May 14, 2012

well i'm up "The woman at the airport. & "Booth' is a more likable guy. i think the point of her going back & forth in between being better & worse with people prolly from the writers point of view is when she starts to have feelings for booth. & doesn't know how to handle it. so that's why people seem to think the writing in the show got bad after season 3. i've never had many problems with this show. the writing i mean. other than getting rid of Zach which was a stupid idea if ya ask me.

i dunno about bones is in the 1st season yet. so far she's more open than she is later on. in the episode "the man in the bear" or whatever it's called booth in some scenes is pretty mean to her. the one where they are in Heavy D's bar in the few times they used his bar for the show. where he tells the gang they can't sit by him. that's it's his place & he even pretty much says that to Bones. he's a douch. so my theory is the reason Bones way of talking to people various between seasons is cause she doesn't know how to for a long time know how to handle emotions very good. though this season i have actually enjoyed a LOT more so than last season. to me it does feel she's a bit more like herself in the early episodes cept she's a bit more better with people. & she can handle her emotions a LOT better than she did back than. plus thearpy helped as well i'm sure.

many people prefer the early years. but i dunno i enjoy the whole show. adding comedy in it doesn't bother me. i love a good laugh. hell even "Castle" does it & it does it well. i dunno why they changed booth as you said having the balls back than. i dunno maybe the point in changing that is cause he's now older & i dunno. it seems now he's more laid back than he was back than. cause if ya recall in season 1 where it's the 1st appearence of "Epps" the lawyer said to him that he's not as angry as he was 7 years before. the point of having him see a shrink with & without bones i think was to get rid of his anger. i do also like that i did forget how bones would just attack people without warning.

i am glad she did stop doing that. & also i don't think she would shoot anyone in the leg like she did in the 1st episode. which i'm also fine with too. in short i don't mind some of these changes it doesn't bother me. i think people who say they can't see them together now is cuz for one they took to damn long to hook them up. & than they screwed that up even! i'll even admit to that.

& plus when we see how open she is in the earlyier seasons than isn't later on. people like i said say it's bad writing cause of that. season 5 had the most growth for the both of them at that point. which is why it's my favorite season. i dunno about this season yet. cause it's just so short. to be fair. though to be fair. i think it did take them some times to learn how to write them as a couple. it wasn't believable at first. but some of that may have had to do with not being used to seeing them that way. but the writing them that way has gotten better i think.

what do you think?

MorganMetcalf

[4]Dec 15, 2012
    • level: 2

I've watched the whole show through episode by episode in order twice on Netflix, and I've found that I like how they are in season 1, and I like how they are now. The brilliance is the definite trend of personal and relationship growth throughout the seasons. Also when watching theirbehaviorin season 1 you have to take into account The Parts in the Sum of the Whole. Booth has only worked with the squints once before, and that ended with him -literally- getting slapped in the face and B&B yelling insults at each other. Notconducivefor picking back up a year later and getting along well. It took time for them to learn about one another and develop a bond. For example, in The Man in the Fallout Shelter Brennan finds out about Parker, Booth finds out about Brennan's parents disappearing and Russ leaving right before Christmas, and they discuss their spiritual beliefs. ("It seems to me you could give the man upstairs the same benefit of the doubt that you do an invisible fungus")
    That's just in one episode. Sure he SEEMS rude in the beginning, but I think he's just never worked this closely with squints except for the aforementioned case. Remember Caroline's policy? "Don't remember squints." Overall I think it was well done then and well done now.

wildhoney66

[5]Jan 9, 2013

fair enough she was also not that likeable right away either. she didn't like them either i don't think now since they've proven themself over and over again. she adores them but won't tell them that. he he. you also forgot one little deal after their 1st case booth and Bones nearly slept together. we found this out in season 5 i believe.

Geri08

[6]Jan 11, 2013
    • level: 31

Where I enjoyed S1 of Bones, I have to say that it was Season 2 that really got the ball rolling for me. The first episode I ever saw was Aliens in a Spaceship and that got me hooked. Season 1 was great on it's own but taking into account the following two seasons it would rate well down on my favourite seasons list overall.

PS...And I thoroughly agree with whoever said Booth was a right pain in the beginning. I have to say it was S2 before I took to him in any way.

Edited on 01/11/2013 3:36pm