Spoilers for Season 5

Blondie780

[41]May 17, 2009
    • level: 7
    Hirundine wrote:
    Well, I guess we know what kind of episode Hart likes ... should we be worried for the S5 opener, then?

LOL Maybe he's just trying to talk it up because he knows he messed up. But I'm sure he probably doesn't see anything wrong with what he did...

I just hope his idea of fixing this mess is better than his choice of favorites.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marchingbando

[42]May 17, 2009
    • level: 2

Here is another place (The LA Times) saying two seasons renewal, so its looking more and more promising.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2009/05/fox-shows-bones-two-years-of-love.html

I found this from the blog Obsessed with Bones

http://www.obsessedwithbones.com/2009/05/two-years-of-love-indeed.html

I don't seem to have a "make a link" button, so the URLs will have to suffice.

Geri08

[43]May 18, 2009
    • level: 31
    marchingbando wrote:

Here is another place (The LA Times) saying two seasons renewal, so its looking more and more promising.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2009/05/fox-shows-bones-two-years-of-love.html

I found this from the blog Obsessed with Bones

http://www.obsessedwithbones.com/2009/05/two-years-of-love-indeed.html

I don't seem to have a "make a link" button, so the URLs will have to suffice.

Thank you for these...

penelope1985

[44]May 18, 2009
    • level: 21
    i think we need no more confirmation that there will be 2 more seasons of Bones. let the speculation begin... (in desperate need of spoilers)

CuddleTheCat

[45]May 18, 2009
    • level: 1

I don't know how to put text in "spoiler" yet :S ... so DON'T READ if you haven't seen the last episode...

Ok... I don't have any spoilers, but some fun facts about amnesia! XD We can differentiate between 3 sorts of amnesia (I'm sure there are more, but this is what I learned...)

Post-traumatic amnesia: After being unconscious for some time, following a severe head injury (not sure if removing part of the brain is a severe head injury or a lesion... or if it's all the same... Oo) the patient enters a phase called post-traumatic amnesia. They are confused, have trouble keeping track of ongoing activities and they are unsure where they are, why they are there or remembering material presented to them.

Retrograde amnesia: Difficulty recalling events before the accident. This may extent back for many years (!!!!! Oo). So it is very possible that a person can remember their childhood, but not their spouse or children. The most recent memories are often most severly affected, meaning most people don't remember the accident, if that is what caused the head injury. This effect has been known to shrink though, so old memories can be accessed again. The time difference between "losing" the memories and regaining them also differs as far as I know... Sometimes the autobiographical memory continues to be patchy and incomplete, but shrinkage does usually occur.

Anterograde amnesia: refers to problems in ongoing memory and new learning... I'm not going to go into that, because it would mean, that Booth would remember Bones and everything else, but he wouldn't be able to learn new stuff.... like... he would forget the name of a person he just met... or rather he would forget that he even met them Oo

Anyway.... I'm not sure if Booth's confusion could be post-traumatic amnesia or if it has to be retrograde... maybe one of you knows more or has more detailed information.

Hope this helped you or interested you at all XD .... sorry, that it wasn't any spoilers..... now on to speculating

Edited on 05/18/2009 6:36am

Wendy4Anne

[46]May 18, 2009
    • level: 6
    Blondie780 wrote:
    Hirundine wrote:
    Well, I guess we know what kind of episode Hart likes ... should we be worried for the S5 opener, then?

LOL Maybe he's just trying to talk it up because he knows he messed up. But I'm sure he probably doesn't see anything wrong with what he did...

I just hope his idea of fixing this mess is better than his choice of favorites.

I am hoping that it is because he knows what was going on in the finale, and we didn't. Maybe when we see some of season 5, we will be like "oh, my god! that is why he did that, so cool!" But right now we are all just like "what the..." =)

Geri08

[47]May 18, 2009
    CuddleTheCat wrote:

I don't know how to put text in "spoiler" yet :S ... so DON'T READ if you haven't seen the last episode...

Ok... I don't have any spoilers, but some fun facts about amnesia! XD We can differentiate between 3 sorts of amnesia (I'm sure there are more, but this is what I learned...)

Post-traumatic amnesia: After being unconscious for some time, following a severe head injury (not sure if removing part of the brain is a severe head injury or a lesion... or if it's all the same... Oo) the patient enters a phase called post-traumatic amnesia. They are confused, have trouble keeping track of ongoing activities and they are unsure where they are, why they are there or remembering material presented to them.

Retrograde amnesia: Difficulty recalling events before the accident. This may extent back for many years (!!!!! Oo). So it is very possible that a person can remember their childhood, but not their spouse or children. The most recent memories are often most severly affected, meaning most people don't remember the accident, if that is what caused the head injury. This effect has been known to shrink though, so old memories can be accessed again. The time difference between "losing" the memories and regaining them also differs as far as I know... Sometimes the autobiographical memory continues to be patchy and incomplete, but shrinkage does usually occur.

Anterograde amnesia: refers to problems in ongoing memory and new learning... I'm not going to go into that, because it would mean, that Booth would remember Bones and everything else, but he wouldn't be able to learn new stuff.... like... he would forget the name of a person he just met... or rather he would forget that he even met them Oo

Anyway.... I'm not sure if Booth's confusion could be post-traumatic amnesia or if it has to be retrograde... maybe one of you knows more or has more detailed information.

Hope this helped you or interested you at all XD .... sorry, that it wasn't any spoilers..... now on to speculating

I think that Booth's type is more likely to be retrograde, the accident equating to his brain surgery...because the surgeons would go in with infinite care unlike the harm an accident could cause, the likelihood of any long-lasting amnesia would be minimal...I would imagine that they will want him recovering from it as soon as possible in the show itself...at least I am hoping that...

~~

By the way you do not really need to put stuff in spoiler tags here as this is a spoiler page...but if you do you do it like this...[spoiler] then write what you want and finish with[ /spoiler] leaving no spaces

Edited on 05/18/2009 7:25am

CuddleTheCat

[48]May 18, 2009
    that's good to know thanks!

Geri08

[49]May 18, 2009
    Hart on Twitter...
    ' The Gravedigger will most definitely be back. Brennan shouldn't have smacked her with a briefcase like that'...

CuddleTheCat

[50]May 18, 2009

Oo ..... thanks for that.... I don't have twitter, so it's good to be informed here

so.... does this mean that the gravedigger is out to get brennan again? Oo but how is she going to escape? i mean, the GD, not Brennan XD... or maybe there are two gravedigger... hmmmm..

Geri08

[51]May 18, 2009
    CuddleTheCat wrote:

Oo but how is she going to escape? i mean, the GD, not Brennan XD... hmmmm..

Lol....

Blondie780

[52]May 18, 2009
    • level: 7
    Wendy4Anne wrote:

I am hoping that it is because he knows what was going on in the finale, and we didn't. Maybe when we see some of season 5, we will be like "oh, my god! that is why he did that, so cool!" But right now we are all just like "what the..." =)

LOL I hope you're right.

Starprincess13

[53]May 18, 2009
    • level: 24

Geri08 wrote:
    Hart on Twitter... ' The Gravedigger will most definitely be back. Brennan shouldn't have smacked her with a briefcase like that'...

That's great. I know I mentioned this on another thread but I'll mention it again. In my opinion, this is good news because the Grave Digger episodes were really good (especially Aliens in a Spaceship) so we might be in for a good episode(s).

I don't have twitter so thank you to the people who do, that keep the people who don't (such as myself), updated on important info (ie: Bones).

I loved when Brennan hit her on the head with the briefcase. I know it was supposed to be a serious moment (she nearly killed Hodgins and Brennan and had kidnapped Booth intending for him to die) but I thought it was funny.

Starprincess13

[54]May 18, 2009
    • level: 24

CuddleTheCat

I just realized that I forgot to say welcome to the Bones Forums. So........ Welcome to the Bones Forums! Excuse my forgetfulness due to my excitement of Bones being renewed for two seasons.

KxGx

[55]May 19, 2009
    http://bonesspoilers.blogspot.com/2009/05/fox-release-season-five.html

press release season 5.

No mention of amnesia so perhaps it was just a case of 'who are you?' my wife or my partner?

Also she demands that they carry on with their main job even though they realise they have these feelings. i'm thinkin its gonna make some fun and tense moments

Geri08

[56]May 19, 2009
    Thanks for this...yes did notice the 'no mention of amnesia'...
    ~~
    'strange, profound, almost psychic link they shared during Booth's coma'...

So that's what Hart was up to!!

Geri08

[57]May 19, 2009
    Hart on Twitter...just some of his thoughts on the final...
    ~~
    'Sort of, yes. The Finale wasn't a typical BONES so we wanted it to feel different from the get-go. You noticed!'...

'I believe there is, yes. He wasn't free to waken until she ended the alternate universe that they created together. Trippy, huh?'....

Joy_keenan

[58]May 19, 2009
    Geri08 wrote:
    ~~
    'Sort of, yes. The Finale wasn't a typical BONES so we wanted it to feel different from the get-go. You noticed!'...

'I believe there is, yes. He wasn't free to waken until she ended the alternate universe that they created together. Trippy, huh?'....

interesting...that they created together huh????

HarmlessAngel

[59]May 19, 2009
    • level: 10
    FOX PRIMETIME SCHEDULE: FALL 2009

THURSDAY
    8.00-9.00 Bones
    9.00-10.00 Fringe

A good pair!

Wendy4Anne

[60]May 19, 2009
    Joy_keenan wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    ~~

interesting...that they created together huh????

If that was a AU that they created together, I like that story better=) Also, I am leaning more towards the thought that maybe when Booth stated "who are you" he was just confusd as to whether she was wife Brennan or partner Brennan. I would like that sooooo much better than amnesia!