We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

The Conspiracy Club: Where aliens DON'T wear loafers - they wear flashy ties!!!

  • Avatar of sitting_lion

    sitting_lion

    [20641]Oct 3, 2011
    • member since: 05/07/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 6,326
    Any of you ever watch In Treatment?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CCCorrespondent

    CCCorrespondent

    [20642]Oct 4, 2011
    • member since: 06/20/08
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 169
    HAVING TO USE THIS USERNAME SUCKS SO BAD.
    I can't reply to my old messages or nuffin' ... E. Nigma's still around right? Maybe I can start PMing people to see if they know how the heck to fix this.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CCCorrespondent

    CCCorrespondent

    [20643]Oct 4, 2011
    • member since: 06/20/08
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 169
    sitting_lion wrote:

    Yes. The only thing that made the show interesting was the revenge motive and the sense that behind the cheery and charming exterior Jane is a severely broken man who is completely self-destructive in the interest of personal revenge. In some episodes it seemed to be just quirky but then he'd throw in lines where to a killer who asked him "He killed my family! What was I supposed to do?!" and then he'd just look at him emotion-less and go "Yes of course you were justified."
    And Brad Whitford was such a magnificent Red John (just watch the s3 finale from the moment he enters the screen) and I was so proud of the show that they played Jane's character arc to its logical conclusion instead of chickening out and having him been 'redeemed' or something and then 34284hskfdsfshdjfkh /aaaaaaaaaaaaaa *brrzrzz*

    __________


    The reason people love show that got cancelled too soon is because they never had the chance to royally mess everything up right when it was getting good.
    __________


    Why do you study murderers?
    Ooh! Jamie Whyte; Crimes against Logic. Read it
    __________


    'Cuz my instructor tells me to.
    Hm ... well there's a little tiny hat on the cover, so that's promising.


    __________
    Yes, yes it is. And with a massive pulpit and a massive popular appeal because everyone is in a sense an amateur social psychologist, it is a pity that still the fetishistically quantitative experimental paradigm keeps people locked up in laboratories and tapping away at statistical software, and keeps students bent over textbooks soaking up the results of that same laregely futile enterprise. Much better to abandon the ridiculous notion of science as a value-free exercise and use said pulpit as a way of effecting social change. Instead of trying to shoot a moving target psychology should get ahead of the curve and stop trying to measure an imagined perversion of social reality that isn't there anyway. So... that's the change Finally I feel I have discovered some ways, or have started on the path to tentatively maybe discovering some ways to make people benefit. CHANGING THE WORLD HUAHH!
    _________
    Gosh, took me a while to find this reply in there. Poor psychology, it's just trying to be taken more seriously by dressing up in boring scientist clothes and using long words and wearing spectacles or whatever it is they do these days.


    _________

    Why [/QUOTE]


    __________
    'cuz

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CCCorrespondent

    CCCorrespondent

    [20644]Oct 4, 2011
    • member since: 06/20/08
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 169
    Yeah I can't edit that QUOTE! thing away but whatever.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Maron-chan

    Maron-chan

    [20645]Oct 4, 2011
    • member since: 12/12/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,213

    Simba, you should know I am now watching the pilot of Studio 60 and will simultaneously be posting my thoughts and my response to your thoughts in two separate posts. So, giant postage coming soon. Satisfied?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Maron-chan

    Maron-chan

    [20647]Oct 4, 2011
    • member since: 12/12/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,213

    Sooo.... Pilot of Studio 60. Umpteenth time in the last year, but the second time I will be watching it in full without skipping over anything.



    (these are some things I've noticed and thought in previous watches, just never voiced before)


    The way the announcer says "Live from Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, it's Friday night in Hollywood!" sounds so... altered. Fake. By which I mean his voice. I've never heard anyone have a normal voice like that. Reminds me of Dee Bradley Baker, who is a GOD with voices (he lends his voice to most of the aliens on Ben 10 and never in a million years would I have guessed they were voiced by the same man, let alone that he can do most of the sounds with just his voice alone, no digital altering needed).


    I love the early days of Suzanne. The later days are even better, but the early days are great too. It's funny how the first time I watched it (and even a year ago, after three/four years of not having seen it) I thought she was just another intern, an extra, appearing in the pilot never to be seen again. BTW, you can see Wes and the network guy ("you ridiculous fat ass") arguing in the background while she's talking to some people at the minute mark.


    I love the 50 mill. versus 9 mill argument Wes brought up.


    Also, I only recognized a red-haired Harriet in a red sequin dress about the twentieth time I'd seen her in it.


    The make-up artist for Felicity looks like Lizzy Caplan. At certain angles.


    I would have thought the order of the "slutty dress or the very slutty dress" would have been reversed, seeing as how the slutty dress was skimpy silk with lace and the very slutty dress just had a neckline and black-and-white stripes.


    I do not get the sketch Tom and Dylan were doing before Wes started the ramble. Who is George Plimpton?


    "I'm running a live national broadcast, can you threaten me later?"


    "Guys are getting killed in a war that's got theme music and a logo." What is this a reference to?


    Is it just me or are Wes's pupils abnormally dilated when he's making a speech? Was he high?


    Jordan spent two years at Atlantic Records? Business Affairs? What was she doing there?


    Did Leno really spank Letterman on a regular basis?


    Why did Jack hire her if they were going to be at odds immediately?


    "As the new president of NBS, I ask only one thing of you: unprecedented success."


    "Nothing bad's gonna happen on my first day, right?"


    Again, Harriet in the background with a gray wig. And Tom in a farmer's costume. Wut?


    "Somebody want to get rid of the bong and the loose joints? - I'll grab the loose joints."


    "WE WORK IN TELEVISION!"


    "So how are you enjoying your first day?"


    "Wesley? - Yeah? - You're fired. - No kidding."


    Jordan seems kinda emotionless when she says "I'm sorry about all this."


    I KNEW I'd seen the black female reporter somewhere. She's Shaun Robinson, a real-life anchor that... I don't know where I've seen before.


    Paddy Chayefsky?


    Why can't you compliment the caterer?


    The woman responsible for advertising relations keeps popping up on my shows. She was also in the pilot of TBBT.


    Jack Rudolph and Steven Weber are pure awesomeness.


    What damn movie? (You see what I mean when I say The West Wing might be too complicated for me? )


    I love the sound Jack with his teeth makes after she says "I don't know where my office is."


    Was Wes acting as executive producer, head writer plus [whatever Danny technically does] simultaneously?


    "You don't need all the fingers on one hand to count the number of people who care about your balls right now."


    "You got a thing for one of these guys?"

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Maron-chan

    Maron-chan

    [20648]Oct 4, 2011
    • member since: 12/12/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,213



    "I don't find you charming. And you've earned the loyalty of absolutely no one. So you go ahead, you take your first steps toward making us all classy again. We've been waiting for you. That's your office." Kinda conflicting sentences, aren't they? And she just keeps half-smiling with the wide, sparkly eyes.


    "How did you hurt your back? - It happened when a surgeon sliced it open with a knife." I am currently resisting against the very hard temptation to quote the whole scene with Matt and Danny at the table (which you've partly done already. ), seeing as how it's pure genius and one of the best not just in television, but in Studio 60 history (and no, I don't have that backwards ). So just imagine I quoted it all and inserted little harts and swoons in the middle.


    Okay, just a couple, 'cause I don't have any willpower.


    "She said 'I was great, by the way. I got a standing ovation.' And I said to her, 'I'm sure you were great, but it was the national anthem; they were standing already.'"

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Maron-chan

    Maron-chan

    [20649]Oct 4, 2011
    • member since: 12/12/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,213

    WTF is up with the coding hell? The post was much longer. Can't I just send it to you in an email and not bother with this? I wrote a long post of my thoughts and an even longer one of my thoughts of your thoughts, but it's too late for me to try and fight the fatigue and work through it cutting me off for some reason.


    Just know, I watched the pilot and have a sorta-in-depth analysis of it.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sitting_lion

    sitting_lion

    [20650]Oct 4, 2011
    • member since: 05/07/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 6,326
    fb it to me.
    Now I *have* to sleep and hopefully not dream of German Girl in my Master who makes me all gaga but already has a boyfriend
    Am I a man-whore?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sitting_lion

    sitting_lion

    [20651]Oct 8, 2011
    • member since: 05/07/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 6,326
    CCCorrespondent wrote:

    The reason people love show that got cancelled too soon is because they never had the chance to royally mess everything up right when it was getting good.

    Except for Studio 60. Even after four seasons of West Wing Sorkin hadnt messed it up yet.
    :

    'Cuz my instructor tells me to.
    Hm ... well there's a little tiny hat on the cover, so that's promising.



    "Because my bla bla bla bla bluuuh" God. I wonder what's gonna happen when someone ever proposes to you. With your question-dodginess...

    Yes. I think it stands for empty-headedness

    It's written by this guy:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x3v_LCge4o&feature=related
    From 6.58 on.

    CCCorrespondent wrote:
    HAVING TO USE THIS USERNAME SUCKS SO BAD.
    I can't reply to my old messages or nuffin' ... E. Nigma's still around right? Maybe I can start PMing people to see if they know how the heck to fix this.


    Who was E.Nigma again? Apart from the Batman villain?

    [/QUOTE]Gosh, took me a while to find this reply in there. Poor psychology, it's just trying to be taken more seriously by dressing up in boring scientist clothes and using long words and wearing spectacles or whatever it is they do these days.

    [/QUOTE]
    Yeah I was afraid it would
    YES. GOD. ARGH. It's like the kid who wants to fit in with the cool crowd because they have institutional support but it turns out it's much better than them anyway

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sitting_lion

    sitting_lion

    [20652]Oct 8, 2011
    • member since: 05/07/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 6,326
    Oh come on girls... What's changed so suddenly that you are all so off the radar-ish?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sitting_lion

    sitting_lion

    [20653]Oct 8, 2011
    • member since: 05/07/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 6,326
    CCCorrespondent wrote:
    Yeah I can't edit that QUOTE! thing away but whatever.


    Ill just have to DEAL
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sitting_lion

    sitting_lion

    [20654]Oct 8, 2011
    • member since: 05/07/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 6,326
    Maron-chan wrote:

    Simba, you should know I am now watching the pilot of Studio 60 and will simultaneously be posting my thoughts and my response to your thoughts in two separate posts. So, giant postage coming soon. Satisfied?



    Im so proud of you Ill respond to your longer one once I have proof that YOU ARE ACTUALLY READING THIS BECAUSE I STILL HAVENT GOTTEN THAT FACEBOOK MESSAGE
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CCCorrespondent

    CCCorrespondent

    [20655]Oct 8, 2011
    • member since: 06/20/08
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 169
    sitting_lion wrote:
    Oh come on girls... What's changed so suddenly that you are all so off the radar-ish?


    I'm busy pacing around making various inhuman growling sounds because I have several assignments due in one week and my instructor is "giving us a break" from the last unit by NOT LETTING US HAVE THE ASSIGNMENTS until the last minute.

    *paces*

    *growls*

    I'm just going to go sacrifice some pale squirmy infant darkling beetles by leaving them in a glass vessel at the mouth of the cave wherein lives the heat-seeking reptile I call STUTFL. That always makes me feel better.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Maron-chan

    Maron-chan

    [20656]Oct 9, 2011
    • member since: 12/12/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,213

    sitting_lion wrote:
    Maron-chan wrote:


    Simba, you should know I am now watching the pilot of Studio 60 and will simultaneously be posting my thoughts and my response to your thoughts in two separate posts. So, giant postage coming soon. Satisfied?


    Im so proud of you Ill respond to your longer one once I have proof that YOU ARE ACTUALLY READING THIS BECAUSE I STILL HAVENT GOTTEN THAT FACEBOOK MESSAGE


    I am reading this, but I don't know how to post a giant FB message. Does it even accept formatting?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Maron-chan

    Maron-chan

    [20657]Oct 9, 2011
    • member since: 12/12/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,213

    Also, Simba, I'm fairly sure that an episode of The Life & Times of Juniper Lee that I saw a few episodes featured a parody (or tribute) of The West Wing. Everything else was a little off (CJ being Asian), but one person looked exactly like Toby. Or maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see.


    Speaking of which, the show is my newest obsession. I had the feeling I would only like it (if I did, which I was not sure of) because I'd seen most episodes about a dozen times on TV and was just nostalgic. THAT WAS NOT THE CASE. I've been LMAOING so hard that I'm gonna have to go in surgery soon to reattach my buttocks. Let me just say it's quickly climbing up my favorite shows of all time list. And I just edited my favorite characters OAT list to put Ray Ray Lee as #11. Man, that dude is awesome.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Maron-chan

    Maron-chan

    [20658]Oct 9, 2011
    • member since: 12/12/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,213
    Also, anyone notice that the quotes work again?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Maron-chan

    Maron-chan

    [20659]Oct 20, 2011
    • member since: 12/12/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,213

    First of all I want to officially say how awesome Wes' Networkesque rant was. And so true.


    Yes. Agreed. Although I probably don't realize the full extent of its power, being one of the brainwashed ones.


    One of the nice things of re-watching a show is that for some reason you suddenly pick up little details you didn't see before. Such as members of the cast standing in bath towels in the background.


    After reading this, I watched the first 15 minutes several times trying to pick out the scene you were talking about. I hope you meant Alex and Dylan when Jordan was looking for Wes, otherwise I got nothing.


    I loved the moment after Wes gets fired and Jordan walks down the stairs and Herb announces peripheral vision man, Jordan stops and her face just goes "Really? WTF?". Also her face is not creepy anymore now that I have seen what it really looks like and how well she can act with it. Now it's just bootieful


    I hadn't noticed before. I could never understand what that expression was in response to. THANK YOU.


    YAY!


    I also love how she's so goddamn smart from the outset. Just blows everyone away with her truth-bombs. And not afraid to just say what she thinks when she knows she is right. I can identify with that A particularly fine example out of many:


    "The remark about worm-eating and 'who wants to screw my sister', was he talking about our shows?" -"We don't know" -Jordan: *giggle* -"Something funny about this Jordan?" -"God, Jack, there's like SEVEN things funny about this." I can't stop laughing. I wuv her so much.


    That was good, but I like the next line better: "We're not sure which sister-pimping show he was talking about?"


    The whole round-table scene is great by the way. Establishes the Jack/Jordan dynamic very nicely. Even though she is irreverent, you can see Jack mentally taking her side immediately: "Big Three? What does Detroit have to do with this?" –"No, she's talking ab- Not the car companies!"


    Once again, I don't even know what he's talking about, but, yeah, it reminds me of "nobody picks on her but me!".


    I meant to say this before, but this is also a great Jack quote: "Jordan, you can't be suggesting- this is what happened in the damn movie! You can't be suggesting we give him his show back!"


    Yes, but what damn movie?


    And then she doesn't know where her office is so cute. And Jack just sucks his lip in response in anger


    Love it. Though more resignation, frustration and acceptance plus irritation than anger, in my opinion.


    I love how she can be persuasive without ever raising her voice. Why did you say these kinds of women don't really exist? Someone should do something about that.


    Hey, I'm ready to start a petition, but how do we go about making more women like that?


    "You know something I don't know?" "Yeah, and we're gonna keep it that way." FORESHADOWING


    About the drug test or something more?


    "You got a thing for one of these guys? " MORE FORESHADOWING. I told you it would be cool to rewatch it with foreknowledge ;P


    YESS. I love that.


    "I'm not like every other heterosexual male in show business". I like how he qualifies it with heterosexual. Egalitarianism!


    How is that egalitarianism? (meaning I just looked the term up on Wikipedia and I'm curious about its proper uses in everyday life )


    "I don't find you charming. And you've earned the loyalty of absolutely no one". MOAR FORESHADOWING Because that has totally changed by the end of the show.


    I don't even remember what Jordan and Jack's relationship was like by the end of the show. How pathetic am I?


    I love the title card for Matt and Danny's bit. "Matt and Danny". Danny and Matt. That's the show right there. Which is hit home by the hilarious back and forth between them at the dinner table. I mean the show is 20 minutes underway and already these guys feel like we've known them for as long as they've known each other just by merit of their chemistry. They are really one entity when they are together. MattandDanny.


    They are. I've seen many bromances/male best friends/partneships on TV. None of them stand out quite like MattandDanny do. In fact, I'm planning on making a list in the next couple of weeks detailing those very bromances. Of course, I've been planning on doing it for two months, but...


    And yeah Whitford and the glasses are pretty awesome. Also the way he cocks his head. "Is it?"


    The glasses are my obsession. I love every single thing he does with them. And how he rubs is eyes.


    "It would be awkward if I went to the party and… killed her in front of all those people."


    Have I mentioned that Matt Alby is a hundred times better than Chandler Bing, my favorite character on one of my favorite comedies?


    I like when Matt gets the award Danny is just letting him rant but getting more uncomfortable that he obviously didn't notice it and then he just gets up and hugs him to make him pay attention and Matt thinks it's about Harriet. "I'm dying inside"


    They are pure awesomeness. I wonder if Matt had made the same speech about the Starspangled Banner to other people since they'd broken up. Kinda seemed like it by Danny's reaction.


    "Did you see our boy just won?" That's an allusion to the West Wing because Leo and Abby refer to the President as "Our boy " AAAGH LOVELY.


    Really? COOL. Wait, who's Abby? Wait, don't tell me.


    And then Danny is not there


    And everybody starts laughing as if it was the punchline. "You see that there's nobody there too, right?"


    Harriet does do that cute little thing when she's frustrated. "Matt and I broke up" "Ah right, Star Spangled Banner?" "It wasn'- hnnnn"


    I love that. Actually, I'm not sure why Harriet is my least fave of the main four. She's awesome.


    I love Cal. 53 seconds. I just KNEW that at the end Danny would say something along the lines of "If you've kept him on for 54, I would have given you a raise!" Because then he would have said motherf*cker


    You have good intuition. Personally, it took me four years to even comprehend what Wes was about to say. I just thought in general that he wanted Cal to keep Wes on the air as long as possible and if he'd have kept him on for 54 seconds, Danny would have said he'd have given him a raise at 55 and so on. It all makes much more sense now.


    Danny is nice. It's easy to identify with a character when his lines are pretty much what you are thinking at that exact same moment


    Really? I'm never thinking what he says, thus he pleasantly surprises me every time and makes me fall in love with him.


    "He and Danny are laughing their asses off!" probably.


    That reminds me of (and I'm paraphrasing, as I've never known the quote by heart and I don't have the DVDs handy) "They took a serious political hit this morning. Nobody is celebrating. *scene cuts to Josh* Victory is mine, victory is mine, great day in the morning, people, victory is mine."


    Ahww I never even realised that Lance DID end up contributing a lot to the show. Even though he was drunk in the club in the pilot.


    Who? You mean Dylan?


    Ah and when Jordan first meets Danny he bumbles his way through the introduction because he thinks he is in her room.


    So much fun to watch. And shipper-tingle-inducing.


    Awww. Now I am just gonna delude myself into seeing all kinds of hints in that first meeting


    What makes you think there weren't any? I used to think it all started when Amanda became pregnant. You've now gotten me convinced it was planned from the very beginning.


    I guess the asking him to come to Cabo is flirty and coming into the room joking and all. Sweet. And she smiles just much more openly and warmly at Danny than she has so far and will ever at anyone. That is actually true, look it up.


    It is... but I feel like it's her general approach with everyone that day. How can I look it up? Is there an Amanda Peet Facial Expression database (APFEd) where I can cross-check how warmly she smiles?


    I guess they *were* planning it all out


    Maaaaybe. That's what I'd like to believe.


    Ach and watching this meeting just hits home how much she's grown over the season. Compare this Jordan, hair tied back, flirty yet business-like, to the slightly more insecure, opened-up, not-afraid-of-feelings Jordan at the end of the scene on the roof, or pregnant Jordan when Danny talks to the baby, or when he is holding the practice baby, or when she's in the hospital.


    For some reason I think the insecurity and 1000% increase in gentleness is a step forward, because she isn't running away from it anymore, or from her feelings, or the girl in her that just wants to be hugged by Danny and thinks 'ooh a man who can take cary of my baby I wuv him'


    Can you imagine Pilot Jordan writing a note in Chanel Sable saying IM CRAZY ABOUT YOU and then slipping it under his watch? Or saying "Are you KIDDING me" with quite so much pathos? Or looking at him with the... you know, the face, in the scene! With the fake baby. "Very nice..."


    I cannot, madam.


    I can't either, but not because of her personality (still have to think on that, her development and stuff) - because she's not head over heels in love with Danny when she asks him to go to Kabo.


    I think it all started with the 'youre very winning' conversation because there she realises that Danny loves her. And that she loves him back. But then the whole dance starts. And symbolically, before that conversation she almost always has her hair tied back in some way, but it is let down during that conversation.


    He doesn't. And she doesn't. It's just feelings and attraction. Love needs time, more than two weeks of acquaintance. And I'll have to keep my eyes open for her hairdos.


    Yeah I'm sold. Just watch the first interaction. Danny only starts getting antsy when she mentions running the show. Before that it's all flirty hotness.


    Why the blushing? They're absolutely awesome together and both very attractive. Also, I love how he says "No." in that tone of disbelief with the eyebrows saying"Are you freaking kidding me? You're seriously asking me this?" and then laughing.


    And Bradley Whitford is MINE. I at least want his hairdo.


    *stomps over to Simba and grabs Bradley from him* MINE.


    "It matters, I haven't told Matt! Matt doesn't know!" Great line. Thing is, at this point they set up their friendship so well with so few scenes that this line seemed so very natural. Wow.


    YESS, that's exactly what I was thinking. That's the thing about this show, ever since the pilot it seems like it's been on for years.


    And even after he smacks her down with "You work in television" she watches him leave with no small measure of attraction


    She just seems even more fascinated with him.


    the car pulls up and Danny just goes "Matt?" even though he is still far away


    They've got hypersenses when concerning each other.


    I love how Matt doesn't get angry about the cocaine but just goes "Allright…Okay, are you allright?" That's what friends do


    I love the shifts in Matt's expression during that conversation.


    At first I thought: how did Jordan get there first if Danny left the hotel before her? But then later she tells Jack she nicked his taillight and side-view mirror with her car, indicating that she RUSHED to the studio. Does Sorkin think of EVERYTHING?!


    Dude, you're a GENIUS. I always thought that was just an indication she was a bad driver. You (sometimes) overthinking things is working well for my benefit.


    And then Matt accidentally blurts out the drug test information to the entire room


    But of course. Do you think it had something to do with the Vicodin? "Sorry about that, that one was all me." and then "Stop talking now? Yeah, you bet."


    Ahw poor Cal. Standing in the doorway.


    And the guy closes the door.


    I love how Danny storms out and then Matt follows him but watches him go and then seems to realise "Danny is lost without me; he can't go anywhere else" and then saves Danny's face by accepting the job.


    You think so? I still can't figure out what Matthew Perry intended when acting that wordless scene.


    The foreshadowing about 'four years ago' and them quitting suddenly makes more sense now we know what happened In fact this first scene was set up SO well that I still remembered it in the finale and could predict that Wes wasn't going to back them. "When I showed you the door, it was your hero Wes Mendell who opened it."


    And I still don't remember what exactly happened in the finale flashbacks.


    Great first conversation between Harriet and Matt. Also I like the frequent visual device they use where in a conversation you see one party speak and the other reflected in a mirror in the same shot.


    Yes, it was. I hadn't even noticed that. How could I not have noticed that?


    Harriet says she's been standing by the sketch all week without knowing it was Matt who wrote it and you can see Matt appreciates it.


    I didn't hear her say she hadn't known it was his.


    "There's no way to get this idiotic argument behind us?" MOAR FORESHADOWING


    SUCH FORESHADOWING.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Maron-chan

    Maron-chan

    [20660]Oct 20, 2011
    • member since: 12/12/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,213

    "You can get another director. You can get someone good!" "I don't want someone else. I want you." "The joke is, I don't want someone good, I want you." "I know what the joke is."

    There's just no equal to them on TV.


    "Why didn't you tell me? When I screw up you know about it!" "When you screw up I read about it". No I tell you! You're the first one I tell! This is another great friendship-establishing conversation.


    I never knew writers were so popular in the tabloids.


    "I hear ya." "Good. Cuz I don t remember what I just said"


    Pure genius.


    I love the conversation about the sketch between Jordan and Matt, and howDanny in the background just chips in flawlessly because you can't talk to Matt without talking to Danny "He doesn't need to read it". And the little smile he gives right before that when he realises what's going on.


    < 3 < 3 < 3


    Okay done


    Me too. And you've sent me into full fangirling mode.


    I do have to say though… I still think the West Wing is quite a lot better. Or at least, bigger. More inspiring. More thought-inspiring. More goosebumps-inducing. ( I mean jesus I watched the ending 10 seconds of "Swiss Diplomacy" 20 times in a row just because of the mood and the gravitas and the music of Bartlet walking to the residence after a long day's work. Mostly the music though. I am getting goosebumps TYPING about it. PLEEEEASE watch it? I've watched Studio 60 for you.


    Iwill. Eventually.



    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.